Forums > General Industry > looking for models over 21?

Photographer

Dudley Watson

Roseburg, Oregon, US

Knomad One wrote:
I prefer over 21.  Even over 25.

Less drama.

I search for 21+ ages.  Sometimes older.  Helps eliminate the diva phrase "Paid Assignments Only"

Mar 20 10 09:19 pm Link

Model

Camilai

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Maybe I can't really speak because I'm 21, but I've seen some beautiful models here who are older than 25. I think it's more about how comfortable in your own skin you are, versus how old you actually are.

Mar 20 10 09:23 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Bots

Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Knomad One wrote:
I prefer over 21.  Even over 25.

Less drama.

+1

Probably a cost issue -- [18-21 in the age specifications] -- more likely to work for less money - even though the images tend to be better with a more experienced model.  I would point to the original poster's pics as an example.  Good stuff.

Mar 21 10 11:23 am Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Michael Bots wrote:

+1

Probably a cost issue -- [18-21 in the age specifications] -- more likely to work for less money - even though the images tend to be better with a more experienced model.

Never has been a cost issue for me to prefer older....it has always been the drama factor.

Near 21 & over will cut the drama factor 90% or more.

Mar 21 10 11:28 am Link

Photographer

Stuart McConaghy

New Haven, Connecticut, US

There's a model on here who I've known for at least 5 years, and in those 5 years she's never had a birthday, she's still 24...

Mar 21 10 11:36 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Griese

New York, New York, US

Raccoon Carobtree wrote:
it seems like a lot of photographers i've worked with, if browsing for new models on this site, enter 18-21 in the age specifications. is it true that this is the range generally sought?

Speaking only for myself, I generally search in the 18~35 age range, sometimes higher, depending on what I'm looking for.

However, given the nature of this site ... my guess is the 18~21 age range is fairly popular big_smile

Raccoon Carobtree wrote:
i've noticed that even though i've met more photographers, made more connections, gotten more reviews and recommendations, etc. over time,  it seems like i get substantially fewer offers for work with every year older i get. maybe it has to do with newer profiles showing up first. let me know your thoughts.

"New to MM" is the default when searching for models, so what you describe makes sense to me. I tend to search using "Recently Updated" on the premise it will produce search results with people who are actively working.

BTW ... I update my profile nearly every day, with that search in mind.
I simply add or remove an extra space somewhere & update.

Mar 21 10 11:48 am Link

Photographer

R A V E N D R I V E

New York, New York, US

Two days from now you'll be lying about your MM age

One week from now a photographer will be complaining about why models lie about their age in the general industry forum

One week and two days from now I'll try to link that photographer to this thread

Mar 21 10 11:53 am Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

I only search for 18 year olds. Anything older than that and...Oh wait, are we talking about modeling? Nevermind.

Seriously, when I perform searches it's 16+ and I certainly wouldn't place the cutoff at 21 unless that was the clients specs.

But, yes, I would think a models options become more limited as they age. Kinda the nature of the beast.

Mar 21 10 11:56 am Link

Photographer

toesup

Grand Junction, Colorado, US

Raccoon Carobtree wrote:
it seems like a lot of photographers i've worked with, if browsing for new models on this site, enter 18-21 in the age specifications. is it true that this is the range generally sought?

No..
I worked my way through browsing the 18 - 30 year old models.. and then limited my search to models over 30..
The model i shot recently (and will soon again) was 32 and was one of the most erotic, fun models i have EVER had the pleasure of working with..

'Age'... Its just a number..

Mar 21 10 12:07 pm Link

Photographer

Andrew Thomas Evans

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

usually I like models 18+ since then I can hit on them and everything is all good legally. 16-18 is a grey area in this state that I don't want to mess with, so those models are usually out.

I like 21+ models though, since I can take them out for drinks later, where with someone under 21 that gets a little tricky and we're just suck with a dinner or something.

Mar 21 10 12:09 pm Link