Forums > General Industry > Are They Any Professional Models On MM ?!

Photographer

c_d_s

Lubbock, Texas, US

They is.

Dec 29 10 11:24 am Link

Photographer

Chuckarelei

Seattle, Washington, US

RavenOHaraMorris wrote:
freelance ?

Independent.

Dec 29 10 11:26 am Link

Photographer

zaxpix

New Brunswick, New Jersey, US

RavenOHaraMorris wrote:
Anyhow are they any professional models on model mayhem represented by top agencies ?

That would be a given.

Z.

Dec 29 10 11:37 am Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Dec 29 10 05:39 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

JWB2 wrote:
Yes there is an Elite Group of Models who have joined this site to sort of keep in touch with the "Real World".  They do not read the forums or respond to these types of threads.  Only a very select group of photographers know who they are.

sure

probably the same elite group who amuse themselves by watching ANTM

Dec 29 10 05:41 pm Link

Model

Elizabeth Claret

Yelm, Washington, US

Garry k wrote:

sure

probably the same elite group who amuse themselves by watching ANTM

Aren't you the one always bragging about shooting with Coco Rocha? Is she not on MM?

Is she not a professional, agency represented model?

Maybe I'm thinking of someone else. hmm

Dec 29 10 05:42 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Elizabeth Claret wrote:
Aren't you the one always bragging about shooting with Coco Rocha? Is she not on MM?

Is she not a professional, agency represented model?

Maybe I'm thinking of someone else. hmm

I am not sure she has even heard of MM  but I know  she watches ANTM

smile

were you thinking i found her here ?

Dec 29 10 05:45 pm Link

Photographer

Han Koehle

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

Of the models I've worked with whom I met on Model Mayhem:

-most are aspiring or hobby models, who work mostly on trade basis or for side cash. Their priorities are mostly for fun, and they don't worry too much about the money.

-maybe 20% are what I think of as starting pros. Modeling full time is their goal (if not their current reality), and they plan shoots either to create immediate income (ie paid shoots) or to create future opportunities through portfolio advancement or strategic networking.

-probably 5% or less are currently full-time models, with 100% of their living coming from modeling AND their living from modeling actually covering their expenses. I know several models who make $200 a month from modeling and live off a boyfriend or parent, but I'm not including them in this figure. These models are often agency represented, but may also be solo, particularly the models who focus primarily on GWC nudes and glamor (I can think of several of these who make a good living modeling).

As far as talent and the ever-important "plays well with others" skill, I'd say it's spread pretty evenly. Some of the models I've worked with who make their full income on modeling it's a mystery anyone pays them, whereas others have never made a dime modeling but have the look and skill to be superstars if they had the ambition.

Dec 29 10 05:48 pm Link

Model

Engel Schrei

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

I think it would largely depend on what one considers a "professional" model.

I have more experience and shoot more often then most agency girls who've been modeling the same amount of time I have. I like to consider myself a professional, freelance model.

Some people would disagree because they feel a professional model has to have an agency or representation of some kind beyond her own abilities to qualify as a "pro" model.

Dec 29 10 05:51 pm Link