Forums > Events > 3rd annual milwaukee meet n greet - feb. 18, 2011

Photographer

Great Lakes Workshops

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

I plan on coming with an Arizona model Cameo Michelle MM#1875179. 

Possibly a couple of WI/IL models...will update later

Jan 26 11 09:43 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

cool looking forward to seeing you guys

Jan 27 11 04:29 am Link

Photographer

The Things Ive Seen

Leadville, Colorado, US

I know we can do better than this.
Granted, I've been slacking at keeping the guest list as current as possible. My apologies. I'm busy getting ready to leave the mid-west and never coming back. If I wasn't doing that, I'd be all over posting tags and such for this event and drumming up interest.

I could use your help tagging people and spreading the word. It helps.

Jan 29 11 09:00 am Link

Model

folayan

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

I'll be there!

Jan 29 11 09:43 am Link

Photographer

The Things Ive Seen

Leadville, Colorado, US

We are up to date.

Jan 30 11 10:34 am Link

Photographer

Morris Andrew

Chicago, Illinois, US

Attending...sounds like a well thought out event.

Jan 30 11 05:19 pm Link

Model

azb

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Can we stay for the runway show if we are not 21?

Jan 30 11 08:41 pm Link

Clothing Designer

Silversark

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Please put me down for +1

Model Christina CK (#1933259) will also be attending the event with +1 (right now she's having trouble with her account)

I hope you all will stay for the fashion show, you're in for quite a treat!

Jan 30 11 08:56 pm Link

Photographer

Aeon Phoenix

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Zabrina K Leoni wrote:
Can we stay for the runway show if we are not 21?

Yes, but you may be required to wear a wristband to indicate that you are there for the fabulousness and not for the drunkeneness.

I'll see to it that the club provides a wristband that is of the glamorous variety and at least has sparkles or something instead of those reject bright orange ones wink

Jan 31 11 11:26 am Link

Photographer

The Things Ive Seen

Leadville, Colorado, US

Aeon Phoenix wrote:

Yes, but you may be required to wear a wristband to indicate that you are there for the fabulousness and not for the drunkeneness.

I'll see to it that the club provides a wristband that is of the glamorous variety and at least has sparkles or something instead of those reject bright orange ones wink

Can I get a wristband with sparkles even if I am over 21?

Jan 31 11 12:06 pm Link

Clothing Designer

Silversark

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

I just looked on Decibel's website and had a question.  Is everyone attending the meet & greet required to follow their dress code?

http://www.decibelmke.com/dress.htm

Some of it is just downright ridiculous.  No boots?  No Fur Coats?  No mouth jewelry?  People wear alligator shoes?  Do they think people are going to show up in yellow zoot suits or something?  I don't want to be asked to leave because it's highly probable I'll be wearing boots.  Not Uggs or hiking boots--they have to be more descriptive if they want to prevent all boots from entering the place.  I think it's funny that they only show pics of guys, none of ladies, and they're all pretty much wearing the same thing.  I don't understand O.o

I'm down for dressing to the 9s (that's what most of my wardrobe is) but some people don't have tuxedos and top hats.

Jan 31 11 01:40 pm Link

Model

Simply Heather

Janesville, Wisconsin, US

I'm pretty pumped to come smile What is the dress atire??

Jan 31 11 02:04 pm Link

Photographer

GeM Photographic

Racine, Wisconsin, US

Silversark wrote:
I just looked on Decibel's website and had a question.  Is everyone attending the meet & greet required to follow their dress code?

Some of it is just downright ridiculous.  No boots?  No Fur Coats?  No mouth jewelry?  People wear alligator shoes?  Do they think people are going to show up in yellow zoot suits or something?  I don't want to be asked to leave because it's highly probable I'll be wearing boots.  Not Uggs or hiking boots--they have to be more descriptive if they want to prevent all boots from entering the place.  I think it's funny that they only show pics of guys, none of ladies, and they're all pretty much wearing the same thing.  I don't understand O.o

I'm down for dressing to the 9s (that's what most of my wardrobe is) but some people don't have tuxedos and top hats.

I wore black Wellington boots last year. Several of the models were wearing boots.

Jan 31 11 04:05 pm Link

Model

Rachel Jay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Silversark wrote:

After the fashion show one of the girls was walking around in her bra, thong, and garter.  I left not to long after that, but I didn't see anyone rushing to cover her up.

I wore pleather-front pants, platform maryjane shoes, a black tank, and a sheer tank over that.  No issues.  I didn't hear of any of the girls wearing fashionable boots having issues either.

I think the dress code is more for men, and is essentially saying "don't dress like a gangster or like Larry The Cable Guy if you want to party here".

Jan 31 11 04:15 pm Link

Photographer

GeM Photographic

Racine, Wisconsin, US

Rachel Jay wrote:

After the fashion show one of the girls was walking around in her bra, thong, and garter.  I left not to long after that, but I didn't see anyone rushing to cover her up.

I wore pleather-front pants, platform maryjane shoes, a black tank, and a sheer tank over that.  No issues.  I didn't hear of any of the girls wearing fashionable boots having issues either.

I think the dress code is more for men, and is essentially saying "don't dress like a gangster or like Larry The Cable Guy if you want to party here".

She was also wearing boots

Jan 31 11 04:51 pm Link

Photographer

The Things Ive Seen

Leadville, Colorado, US

Jan 31 11 05:17 pm Link

Photographer

Aeon Phoenix

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Rachel Jay wrote:

Damn it. So much for the sleeveless flannel shirt I was going to wear sad

Keep in mind that from 8-11 is a private event and the dress code won't be enforced per say, but being members of the model photography community in a nice nightclub, I would encourage everyone to look their snazziest & professional anyway. Last year there were some men in ties and women in evening dresses, as well as many in casual attire. It's all good.
  As for when the doors open to general public shortly before the fashion show starts, I can not say though. I think it's safe so long as you don't look like a total scrub, nobody is going to ask you to leave wink

As for information regarding what a scrub might look or act like, please refer the lyrics of "No Scrubs" by TLC in the link I have provided.

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/t/tlc/no+scr … 32699.html

The Things Ive Seen wrote:

purple pizzazz, electric lime, or fuschia?

Jan 31 11 05:27 pm Link

Model

-ZAE-

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

ZAE will be there. Add me thanks...

Jan 31 11 07:09 pm Link

Photographer

The Things Ive Seen

Leadville, Colorado, US

The Things Ive Seen wrote:

purple pizzazz, electric lime, or fuschia?

As of right now I have two wrists. Put me down for The Things I've Seen +2

I'd like a purple pizzazz and an electric lime. But I'd do anything for two razzle dazzle reds.

Jan 31 11 09:37 pm Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

you all are silly

I love it

https://www.petsfunky.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/too-funny-lol-cat.JPG

Feb 01 11 04:04 am Link

Photographer

Aeon Phoenix

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

17 days until the event!

The rsvp count on this thread is 86.
The rsvp count on the fb event is 166.

So using my fuzzy math skills, the head count is either somewhere in between those two numbers, which would be 126 participants - or both numbers combined, which would tally 252 participants.

I'm going to throw both those numbers out the window and completely and randomly project...drum roll please... 137.5 beautiful fabulous people coming together to mingle, dance, laugh, drink, and do whatever else it is that beautiful fabulous people do!

Feb 01 11 03:10 pm Link

Photographer

Enfire Photography

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Just over two weeks to the meet and greet? Wow.
Looking forward to it smile

Feb 03 11 05:46 am Link

Model

Sonya DD

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

I'll be there!

XOXO

Feb 04 11 06:22 am Link

Model

Ruth Marie 3

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Aeon Phoenix wrote:
17 days until the event!

The rsvp count on this thread is 86.
The rsvp count on the fb event is 166.

So using my fuzzy math skills, the head count is either somewhere in between those two numbers, which would be 126 participants - or both numbers combined, which would tally 252 participants.

I'm going to throw both those numbers out the window and completely and randomly project...drum roll please... 137.5 beautiful fabulous people coming together to mingle, dance, laugh, drink, and do whatever else it is that beautiful fabulous people do!

https://www.heathersanimations.com/dance1/yeye04.gif

I Reposted on FB for you with RSVP links Adam :-)  Its gonna be a blast !  :-)

Feb 04 11 11:44 am Link

Photographer

Michael Rosen - Chicago

Chicago, Illinois, US

I am going to try to make it.

Feb 04 11 12:34 pm Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Michael Rosen - Chicago wrote:
I am going to try to make it.

cool beans smile

Feb 04 11 12:40 pm Link

Model

-suede-

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Not 100% on what my schedule is right now, but I'm putting it in my calendar to be there!  *crosses fingers*  I'd say a 90% chance that I'll make it right now. smile

Feb 05 11 11:24 am Link

Model

La Cattiva

Chicago, Illinois, US

I'm in! And bringing a guest smile

Feb 05 11 09:12 pm Link

Model

jes lynse

Madison, Wisconsin, US

Would love to be there!!!!

Feb 06 11 09:49 am Link

Model

M Melyssa

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Can Jessica Sun #1204838 and I be added, plus 3? It would be one other model, a photographer and stylist (none on MM).

Feb 07 11 04:50 am Link

Photographer

Aeon Phoenix

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Sure thing Melyssa! I haven't seen you in forever! big_smile

Melyssa  Gonzalez wrote:
Can Jessica Sun #1204838 and I be added, plus 3? It would be one other model, a photographer and stylist (none on MM).

Feb 07 11 12:13 pm Link

Model

Mrs Foxy

Waterford, Wisconsin, US

so excited for this!

Feb 07 11 12:19 pm Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

It's getting closer. who's getting excited

Feb 07 11 12:28 pm Link

Model

M Melyssa

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Awesome!

Feb 07 11 01:14 pm Link

Model

Lauralen

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

This sounds like fun! I want to come!

Feb 07 11 04:07 pm Link

Model

Deanna Deadly

Chicago, Illinois, US

Rachel Jay wrote:

I had a model hire a bodyguard for a M&G a couple years ago.  No joke.  She hired a legit bodyguard, from an agency.  I regret not getting a copy of his card (someone else did though), just to prove it actually happened.  Because... yea.

OMFG.

Feb 07 11 10:00 pm Link

Model

Deanna Deadly

Chicago, Illinois, US

Silversark wrote:
So I'm going to be doing the fashion show as well!  Contacting models now....

Cant wait to walk for you! Your stuff is awesome.

Feb 07 11 10:00 pm Link

Photographer

CannyPhotography

Los Angeles, California, US

Count me in!

Feb 07 11 11:10 pm Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

CannyPhotography wrote:
Count me in!

cool. looking forward to see you again smile