Forums > General Industry > If any model has ever shot with "Craig Faulkner"

Photographer

Unique Imaging

Richmond, Virginia, US

Please read this and spread to others

He is a well known Fredericksburg, Va photographer. He was busted for video taping a model without her consent. The police arrested him and found other evidence of at least 17 more girls he did this to without their knowledge. So if you know someone who has shot with him or you yourself have shot with him I would be contacting the police in that area to see if one was you.

http://fredericksburg.com/News/Web/2011/012011/0127fr1

http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-nude-film … 6950.story

Jan 27 11 11:07 am Link

Model

carmino

Squamish, British Columbia, Canada

yikes

Jan 27 11 11:10 am Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Los Angeles, California, US

I smell a shut down.

Jan 27 11 11:13 am Link

Model

carmino

DOUGLASFOTOS wrote:
I smell a shut down.

Why?

Jan 27 11 11:16 am Link

Photographer

Blue Cube Imaging

Ashland, Oregon, US

carmino wrote:

Why?

Possible outing of a former member and posting in multiple forums.

Jan 27 11 11:17 am Link

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Orlando, Florida, US

Is it illegal to videotape someone without their knowledge??

What if I have a video surveillance system in my home?

Jan 27 11 11:18 am Link

Model

carmino

Blue Cube Imaging wrote:

Possible outing of a former member and posting in multiple forums.

No he's just sharing what's already published

Jan 27 11 11:18 am Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

funny shit.....

a portfolio of  nudes on another networking site and he needs to hide cameras...

fuckin a...

Jan 27 11 11:19 am Link

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Orlando, Florida, US

Good Egg Productions wrote:

Nevermind. I just read the article.
He's a douche.

Allegedly.

Jan 27 11 11:20 am Link

Model

S_H

Madison Heights, Michigan, US

If I am not mistaken it is legal to video tape, however, if you record someone's voice that would make it illegal.

edit: http://www.rcfp.org/taping/

article talks about video taping, recording conversations, etc.
Seems like it depends on the State.

Jan 27 11 11:21 am Link

Photographer

Unique Imaging

Richmond, Virginia, US

No its assholes like this that give respectable photographers bad names. Every model on here that shot with him now needs to contact the police up there to see if there one of many others that they found footage of. He's been shooting around here for years. There's no telling how many girls he's done this too.

I put it on other forums so that everyone who might not know gets word of this

Jan 27 11 11:23 am Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

Depends.   Voice is almost always illegal and in a bathroom
or changing area may be.  One thing lets say he has a sign posted
or its written on the release.   Example stores often record people
in their dressing areas but signs warn you.

To be clear if he has a sign posted or its mentioned in his release
or paper work he may be fine.   Just because someone is arrested
doesn't mean later charges won't be dismissed or reduced.

Jan 27 11 11:23 am Link

Photographer

zaxpix

New Brunswick, New Jersey, US

"While in a changing room inside Faulkner’s home, police said, the women noticed a camera on a tripod with a light on, indicating that it was recording.

The camera was covered with clothes."

Obviously, not too well.

What a dick.

Z.

Jan 27 11 11:25 am Link

Photographer

DeFraince J

Fremont, California, US

This is really a sad look ... this is why working pros like myself get such a crappy wrap at times..

"While in a changing room inside Faulkner’s home, police said, the women noticed a camera on a tripod with a light on, indicating that it was recording.

Was he also this F8kkkn dumb?? gezz

Jan 27 11 11:26 am Link

Photographer

zaxpix

Just1ClickPhoto wrote:
This is really a sad look ... this is why working pros like myself get such a crappy wrap at times..

Unless you're hiding cameras in your dressing rooms, this ain't got nothin' to do with you.

A lot of smiles down at Police Headquarters too.

There will be no shortage of manpower in solving this case.

Z.

Jan 27 11 11:27 am Link

Photographer

Unique Imaging

Richmond, Virginia, US

zaxpix wrote:

Unless you're hiding cameras in your dressing rooms, this ain't got nothin' to do with you.

Z.

It has something to do with all of us as working photographers. This is all over our local news so every girl who wants to model, mother or family or friends of that girl will tell the horror story of this moron who ruined his career just to tape girls naked for his own enjoyment. It gives us a bad stereotype.

Jan 27 11 11:39 am Link

Photographer

Mike Kelcher

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

S_H wrote:
If I am not mistaken it is legal to video tape, however, if you record someone's voice that would make it illegal.

edit: http://www.rcfp.org/taping/

article talks about video taping, recording conversations, etc.
Seems like it depends on the State.

Generally, in the US, it is not illegal to video tape someone. You can do it in your home, or elsewhere. However, if the person being videotaped has a reasonable expectation of privacy and isn't aware that they are being taped, then, it is generally illegal.

It may vary by state, but generally you can record a voice conversation, if the person doing the recording is a party to that conversation. In other words, if I call you and we have a telephone conversation, either of us could record it.

However, the fellow in the OP seems to have acted illegally. Allegedly.

Jan 27 11 11:49 am Link

Photographer

zaxpix

Unique Imaging wrote:

It has something to do with all of us as working photographers. This is all over our local news so every girl who wants to model, mother or family or friends of that girl will tell the horror story of this moron who ruined his career just to tape girls naked for his own enjoyment. It gives us a bad stereotype.

Speak for yourself.

Operative word; Local.

After it's old news, people will forget and move on. They always do.

A billion Chinese don't even know this happened.

Z.

Jan 27 11 12:00 pm Link

Photographer

Unique Imaging

Richmond, Virginia, US

Anyone who believes they may have also been a victim is asked to call Hunnicutt at 540-654-5753.

According to listings on the Internet, Faulkner has worked as a photographer for more than 30 years and his portfolio lists examples of various types of photography, including nude.

In addition to Hooters, Faulkner lists Playboy and Maxim among the companies he has done work for.

Jan 27 11 12:13 pm Link

Photographer

Swank Photography

Key West, Florida, US

Your first one was locked down for outing.,

Jan 27 11 12:16 pm Link

Photographer

Unique Imaging

Richmond, Virginia, US

zaxpix wrote:

Speak for yourself.

Operative word; Local.

After it's old news, people will forget and move on. They always do.

A billion Chinese don't even know this happened.

Z.

Obviously this story doesn't apply to you. You should be intelligent enough to know when I used the word "us" I used it in a general sense. I wasn't speaking of you directly. This was posted so that many girls who I know on here can see this and see if they were also violated. And photographers in this area might be able to spread the word as well.

Jan 27 11 12:18 pm Link

Model

Paige Morgan

New York, New York, US

Bumping it for the sake of the ladies in that area whom may be involved in the unfortunate situation.

Jan 27 11 12:22 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

If the police are busting photographers, I want to know for what!  This guy was taping models in the changing room without their knowledge?  Pretty creepy alright!  At least ask!  Some models might be ok with it ... for some extra pay!

Jan 27 11 12:23 pm Link

Photographer

Swank Photography

Key West, Florida, US

Swank Photography wrote:
Your first one was locked down for outing.,

Also telling me to piss off in pm after I tried to advise you that this can be locked down for outing after the first one was doesnt do your case well here.

Jan 27 11 12:26 pm Link

Photographer

zaxpix

Unique Imaging wrote:
Obviously this story doesn't apply to you. You should be intelligent enough to know when I used the word "us" I used it in a general sense. I wasn't speaking of you directly. This was posted so that many girls who I know on here can see this and see if they were also violated. And photographers in this area might be able to spread the word as well.

I was initially responding to a photographer that is based in Fremont Califonia.

Be more specific next time and say, "us" photographers in the Richmond/Fredricksburg area.

Good luck.

Z.

Jan 27 11 12:30 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Swank Photography wrote:
Also telling me to piss off in pm after I tried to advise you that this can be locked down for outing after the first one was doesnt do your case well here.

Sue, let the moderators decide what flies and what doesn't as to "outings."   I actually got put in the slammer on a comment when I allegedly "outed" some model who was in the news for drunk driving and killing someone.  This ain't our website to freely post whatever we want even though IB's might like us to think so.  The mod police get final say and all we can do is CAM it.

Jan 27 11 12:32 pm Link

Photographer

Photography by BE

Midland, Texas, US

Paige Morgan wrote:
Bumping it for the sake of the ladies in that area whom may be involved in the unfortunate situation.

What?  You are bumping a thread that is getting replies every few minutes?

Jan 27 11 12:33 pm Link

Model

outwiththeold

Chapel Hill, North Carolina, US

Not trying to come off wrong but if you deliver quality pics and have a good rep idiots like this dont hurt you. They only create more business for a well know established photographer because no matter what models need shots. If you are suffering because of something like this then your need to look at your own work. Not some pervert with a dressing room fettish:)

Jan 27 11 12:34 pm Link

Photographer

Swank Photography

Key West, Florida, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:
Sue, let the moderators decide what flies and what doesn't as to "outings."   I actually got put in the slammer on a comment when I allegedly "outed" some model who was in the news for drunk driving and killing someone.  This ain't our website to freely post whatever we want even though IB's might like us to think so.  The mod police get final say and all we can do is CAM it.

Yeah but Patrick his first one WAS locked for outing. Right after they locked it he reposted this.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thre … 2643&page=

Jan 27 11 12:35 pm Link

Model

outwiththeold

Chapel Hill, North Carolina, US

If I was un the area I would be using that to my advantage while scouting paid shoots. I would provide references, examples of my work and make the model see that shooting with anyone else but me if a huge gamble. But that is the difference between people who make millions and those who make fries:)

Jan 27 11 12:37 pm Link

Photographer

Photography by BE

Midland, Texas, US

Swank Photography wrote:

Yeah but Patrick his first one WAS locked for outing. Right after they locked it he reposted this.

The time stamp on that one is...Jan 27 11 11:08 am.

This one was posted first, 1 minute before... I guess the "locker" hasn't seen this yet.

Jan 27 11 12:39 pm Link

Photographer

Carlton Primm

Dallas, Texas, US

I feel bad for all the models involved in this.  It seems if I noticed a cam in the dressing room with a light on, at the very least, I would cover the lens or turn it in another direction (just in case)

Jan 27 11 12:39 pm Link

Photographer

ArtisticVisions

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I am pretty sure posting links to something with someones name is considered outing

Jan 27 11 12:40 pm Link

Photographer

Photography by BE

Midland, Texas, US

Carlton Primm wrote:
I feel bad for all the models involved in this.  It seems if I noticed a cam in the dressing room with a light on, at the very least, I would cover the lens or turn it in another direction (just in case)

Nawww... smile   I have seen tripods turn over when they have clothes piled on them.  The camera makes a strange sound when it hits the floor.

Jan 27 11 12:41 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

AshleyCT wrote:
Not trying to come off wrong but if you deliver quality pics and have a good rep idiots like this dont hurt you. They only create more business for a well know established photographer because no matter what models need shots. If you are suffering because of something like this then your need to look at your own work. Not some pervert with a dressing room fettish:)

If you google Craigs name his other online portfolios still show. His work isnt terrible, for some its "quality", and hes been around for a long time, surely with a handful of good references. Hes relatively local to me, Ive probably met him a dozen times, and I dont specifically remember ever thinking "I need to stay away from that creep"

So yes, I can see where the OP is coming from when he says that this sort of thing has an impact on photographers in general. There were no big red flags warning that Craig is/was a creep.

Jan 27 11 12:41 pm Link

Photographer

ArtisticVisions

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Carlton Primm wrote:

gotta kinda wonder in the days of tex and cell phones why they didnt call the cops to come on over during the shoot that they stayed for after they saw the camera.

Jan 27 11 12:42 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

ArtisticVisions wrote:
I am pretty sure posting links to something with someones name is considered outing

Its no longer a "he said she said" situation, theres news coverage, and Craigs profile has been pulled from MM. (all of his other photography profiles are still active, so I doubt he did it himself)

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Swank Photography wrote:

Wow!   Why is the OP so hot to nail this photographer who "allegedly" video taping models without them knowing?  I believe the OP has something personal against him?  As for you, you did nothing wrong but remind him of the rules.  It's also against the rules to plaster the same stuff all over the forums.

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

AshleyCT wrote:
If I was un the area I would be using that to my advantage while scouting paid shoots. I would provide references, examples of my work and make the model see that shooting with anyone else but me if a huge gamble. But that is the difference between people who make millions and those who make fries:)

Yeah... anyone who starts doing this in the area is going to make themselves look like a complete twat. hmm

Jan 27 11 12:44 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

ArtisticVisions wrote:

Not always!  It depends.

Jan 27 11 12:44 pm Link