Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Orlando Chit Chat Thread XVIII

Photographer

H E R B L I S H

Orlando, Florida, US

Time to go to Steak N Shake!  Happy Hour/Half Off!

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/_unNNvLgWwzU/SoLc8C5Ku6I/AAAAAAAAAaE/1sjBCwfo1_8/s320/SteakNshake+half+price+drinks.gif

Jul 19 11 11:22 pm Link

Photographer

Photography by George

Orlando, Florida, US

Charles Howse -JAOF- wrote:
Most photographers are familiar with the term latency... that short period of time after the decision to shoot, between the press of  the shutter, and the actual exposure.

Here is a case of latency around 4 minutes.

http://wimp.com/photographymachine/

Wow,  and I thought I had too much time on my hands LOL

Jul 20 11 03:54 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Mmmm...

Hot Lipton tea.

Jul 20 11 04:25 am Link

Photographer

Mark Reese Photography

Brandon, Florida, US

Good Morning all.

Jul 20 11 04:38 am Link

Photographer

Charles Howse

Vero Beach, Florida, US

Orlando Meet and Greet wrote:
Anyone want to proof read this for me?

Orlando Meet & Greet (OMG) Summer 2011

>>There aren't specific event models for the meet and greet portion of the event (after the VIP portion), so any pretty girl you see there is be shot  only if she gives her permission, so ask nicely.

Jul 20 11 05:14 am Link

Photographer

TadPrime

Oviedo, Florida, US

Charles Howse -JAOF- wrote:
Most photographers are familiar with the term latency... that short period of time after the decision to shoot, between the press of  the shutter, and the actual exposure.

Here is a case of latency around 4 minutes.

http://wimp.com/photographymachine/

That was quite impressive.  I really like the fact that other than various balls most of the components are photo equipment.  I am especially impressed by the various uses of whatever that tripod octopus clamp is called.  And I wonder what that one lens did to get the hammer...

However, I would call that latency more like 48 seconds (4 minutes/5 pictures at least)...  smile

Jul 20 11 05:16 am Link

Model

Lady Pelvic

Orlando, Florida, US

Solstice Rain wrote:

Aww, thank you Hon. Nana drama. One thing after another. Can't seem to get the little lady well. She was supposed to be released to the rehab center last night after her back surgery and pacemaker surgery, but now she has fluid in her lungs and is at high risk for pneumonia. When I'm not driving back and forth to see her, I'm hiding in the arms of the BF who has been nursing me after a small surgery of my own. But now at least I'm almost all better.

Aww. ):
-Hugs-
Well, to say the least I'm happy you're doing better. And of course, I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.
smile
---

In other news, I think I finally have my first 'flake' photographer...which kind of makes me unhappy cause 1. I totally woke up early when I could of been sleeping.
2. I kind of was looking forward to shoot.

I say kind of cause it was semi-last minute.
I called him three times this morning (left him a voicemail) and texted him once. His references say he's reliable and whatnot. Pfffttt. =/

Jul 20 11 05:38 am Link

Photographer

Carl Roberts

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

You guys need to update the first couple of posts in this thread with the correct info now

Jul 20 11 05:42 am Link

Photographer

Carl Roberts

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Lady Pelvic wrote:
In other news, I think I finally have my first 'flake' photographer...which kind of makes me unhappy cause 1. I totally woke up early when I could of been sleeping.

I called him three times this morning (left him a voicemail) and texted him once. His references say he's reliable and whatnot. Pfffttt. =/

Sorry you are having this issue
But sometimes Wolfie has trouble getting going in the morning

He's getting old you know

Jul 20 11 05:43 am Link

Model

Lady Pelvic

Orlando, Florida, US

Meh, it's all good.
Haha, I totally understand, becoming elderly is valid excuse for everything.

tongue

Jul 20 11 05:55 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Lady Pelvic wrote:
Meh, it's all good.

tongue

Watch it!!!

Jul 20 11 06:19 am Link

Model

Lady Pelvic

Orlando, Florida, US

Frank Lewis Photography wrote:

Watch it!!!

smile
-Hugs-
tongue

Jul 20 11 06:23 am Link

Photographer

Photography by George

Orlando, Florida, US

Lady Pelvic wrote:
Meh, it's all good.

tongue

Hey,  I read that!!

Jul 20 11 07:01 am Link

Photographer

Cool Hand Mike

Jacksonville, Florida, US

Lady Pelvic wrote:

He flaked out last minute or the shoot was last minute ?

The time wasting is the most annoying part.

Jul 20 11 07:14 am Link

Photographer

H E R B L I S H

Orlando, Florida, US

Moaning peeps - I saw Casey Anthony at Walmart with Elvis!

Jul 20 11 08:29 am Link

Photographer

Leon Bailey

Orlando, Florida, US

H E R B L I S H wrote:
Time to go to Steak N Shake!  Happy Hour/Half Off!

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/_unNNvLgWwzU/SoLc8C5Ku6I/AAAAAAAAAaE/1sjBCwfo1_8/s320/SteakNshake+half+price+drinks.gif

The greatest deal ever!

Jul 20 11 08:33 am Link

Photographer

Leon Bailey

Orlando, Florida, US

I am re-designing my website and will be taking stock photos for the main page of different kind of modeling photography (fitness, lifestyle, business). Never done stock photography before, so my question would be lighting wise if I am going to be outside. Should I use a reflector or use an Alien Bee?

Jul 20 11 08:36 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Orlando Meet and Greet wrote:
Anyone want to proof read this for me?

Orlando Meet & Greet (OMG) Summer 2011

Jake kain't reed two danged goode  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Jul 20 11 09:13 am Link

Photographer

H E R B L I S H

Orlando, Florida, US

Lasting Blueprint wrote:

The greatest deal ever!

I love being the Coke in the middle!

Jul 20 11 09:30 am Link

Photographer

Charles Howse

Vero Beach, Florida, US

Lady Pelvic wrote:
Meh, it's all good.

tongue

I can almost remember one thing for which being elderly is seldom used as an excuse.

Jul 20 11 10:19 am Link

Photographer

H E R B L I S H

Orlando, Florida, US

Lasting Blueprint wrote:
I am re-designing my website and will be taking stock photos for the main page of different kind of modeling photography (fitness, lifestyle, business). Never done stock photography before, so my question would be lighting wise if I am going to be outside. Should I use a reflector or use an Alien Bee?

Speedlghts, Pocket Wizards, Vagabonds!

Jul 20 11 03:10 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Lady Pelvic wrote:
Meh, it's all good.

tongue

THAT'S NOT FUNNY!!! mad   

Wait, what was I angry about???  hmm     

lol

Jul 20 11 03:36 pm Link

Photographer

Photography by George

Orlando, Florida, US

Ok, guys and dolls,  I am thinking of upgrading my camera.  I realize this may be a question that shouldn't be asked in the thread, so I won't ask for any comments or discussion.  I would like your opinion though, so if you would, would you just say Canon, or Nikon.  It would help me a lot.  And if I am not supposed to do this here, I apologize

Oh, it will be a mid range purchase, not the high end stuff some of you guys use

Jul 20 11 04:32 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Reese Photography

Brandon, Florida, US

Photography by George wrote:
Ok, guys and dolls,  I am thinking of upgrading my camera.  I realize this may be a question that shouldn't be asked in the thread, so I won't ask for any comments or discussion.  I would like your opinion though, so if you would, would you just say Canon, or Nikon.  It would help me a lot.  And if I am not supposed to do this here, I apologize

Oh, it will be a mid range purchase, not the high end stuff some of you guys use

This is an unanswerable question... the ones who shoot Canon are apt to say 'go Canon, Nikon sucks' and the ones who shoot Nikon are apt to say "Go Nikon, Canon sucks" so just go to a camera store, find some cameras that might fit your need from both brands and see how they feel in your hands.

Jul 20 11 04:40 pm Link

Photographer

Walker1812 Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Mark Reese Photography wrote:

This is an unanswerable question... the ones who shoot Canon are apt to say 'go Canon, Nikon sucks' and the ones who shoot Nikon are apt to say "Go Nikon, Canon sucks" so just go to a camera store, find some cameras that might fit your need from both brands and see how they feel in your hands.

It's like debating Ford vs Chevy in NASCAR...both go round the track pretty fast

and we'd all rather have a Bugatti

Jul 20 11 04:57 pm Link

Photographer

TadPrime

Oviedo, Florida, US

Sorry dude, this is a religious question.  And if you ask for my opinion you are almost never going to get a singular answer.  My suggestion: go with what you already have lenses for. 

Personally, I shoot Nikon for my SLR (in my opinion Nikon had the tech edge when I finally gave up on Minolta and thus had to start from scratch) but my daily carry camera is a Canon Powershot S90 (although I almost went Olympus for their TG/TOUGH line).

Walker1812 Photography wrote:
and we'd all rather have a Bugatti

Bugatti is so last generation.  It is all about the Venom GT now...  smile

Jul 20 11 05:08 pm Link

Photographer

Photography by George

Orlando, Florida, US

I appreciate all the reply's Maybe I should have just said "What do you shoot with"  But again, I appreciate the feedback

Jul 20 11 05:24 pm Link

Photographer

Walker1812 Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Hennessey Venom GT
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/31/Hennessey_Venom_GT.JPG/300px-Hennessey_Venom_GT.JPG

6.2 L (380 cu in) LS9 Turbocharged V8
725 bhp (541 kW)
0–60-miles per hour sprint in 2.4 seconds;
reach 200 miles per hour in 14.3 seconds,
and hit a top speed of 272 miles per hour. (not sure if this is the standard engine or their 1,200bhp twin turbo optional extra engine?)

Prices start at $725,000 for the 725 HP variant, and go up to $950,000 for the 1200 HP Big Daddy model.

They are only making 5 i think i read??

Bugatti Veyron
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/41/Bugatti_Veyron_-_BCN_motorshow_2009.JPG/800px-Bugatti_Veyron_-_BCN_motorshow_2009.JPG

8.0 L (488 cu in) W16 quad-turbocharged 1,001 PS (736 kW; 987 bhp)
Super Sport: 1,200 metric horsepower (883 kW; 1,184 bhp)

0–100 km/h (0–62.1 mph)    2.46 seconds
0–240 km/h (0–149.1 mph)    9.8 seconds
Super Sport: $2,700,000)

I'll take Veyron tongue lol  plus it does look like a toy for a 13 year old to masturbate to...

Jul 20 11 05:31 pm Link

Model

My 65th Year

Winter Park, Florida, US

I appreciate all the reply's Maybe I should have just said "What do you shoot with"  But again, I appreciate the feedback

Pentax K10.

P-what? K-when?

Push the button, it works...

Jul 20 11 06:43 pm Link

Model

My 65th Year

Winter Park, Florida, US

My Ford just passed your Chevy...
https://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Daytona+500+LLepvfYdRg5l.jpg

Jul 20 11 06:45 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Mark Reese Photography wrote:

Actually not true at all of reasonable people.. I shoot Canon, but know George shoots with Nikon so my suggestion would be to stay with Nikon. The reason being George, you're already accustom to the system and have lenses.. Nikon's a great camera, no need to go to another system.

If you want a current system, I'd go with the D7000. If you want to go used, I'd look at a D90 or possible a D200.  If I recall, you shoot with a D60, so, I'd probably look for a D90 on the used side, if you go that route, as it too is an SD card system..

So, that's my 2 cents from the resident Canon shooter... big_smile

Jul 20 11 06:48 pm Link

Photographer

Photography by George

Orlando, Florida, US

Tropical Photography wrote:

Actually not true at all of reasonable people.. I shoot Canon, but know George shoots with Nikon so my suggestion would be to stay with Nikon. The reason being George, you're already accustom to the system and have lenses.. Nikon's a great camera, no need to go to another system.

If you want a current system, I'd go with the D7000. If you want to go used, I'd look at a D90 or possible a D200.  If I recall, you shoot with a D60, so, I'd probably look for a D90 on the used side, if you go that route, as it too is an SD card system..

So, that's my 2 cents from the resident Canon shooter... big_smile

I always welcome your opinion, I do want to get one with the HD video, don't ask me why, Just think it would be cool to play with.  I am thinking either the 3100 or the 5100 but not sure yet.

Jul 20 11 07:11 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

I always welcome your opinion, I do want to get one with the HD video, don't ask me why, Just think it would be cool to play with.  I am thinking either the 3100 or the 5100 but not sure yet.

between those 2, D5100..  But I think you'll still have a better AF system with a D90 but the video will be better with the 5100...

Jul 20 11 07:19 pm Link

Model

Lady Pelvic

Orlando, Florida, US

Cool Hand Mike wrote:

He flaked out last minute or the shoot was last minute ?

The time wasting is the most annoying part.

I guess it's arguably a last minute shoot. Contacted him Monday, dates were finally discussed Tuesday, and he did say to confirm a shoot Wednesday. I guess the idea of confirming a shoot the day of it's sort of weird. Unless you're Scott here... (Sos)

Meh...

Jul 20 11 08:36 pm Link

Model

Lady Pelvic

Orlando, Florida, US

Tropical Photography wrote:

THAT'S NOT FUNNY!!! mad   

Wait, what was I angry about???  hmm     

lol

You were angry about the bingo game starting late.

tongue

Jul 20 11 08:37 pm Link

Photographer

Walker1812 Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

This is how I park my car

https://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_loncveBzuU1qfjjglo1_400.gif

Jul 20 11 08:40 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Lady Pelvic wrote:

I guess it's arguably a last minute shoot. Contacted him Monday, dates were finally discussed Tuesday, and he did say to confirm a shoot Wednesday. I guess the idea of confirming a shoot the day of it's sort of weird. Unless you're Scott here... (Sos)

Meh...

Sooooooooo, does that mean we ARE shootin' at sunrise THIS mornin'  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Jul 20 11 09:36 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

This is how I park my car

https://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_loncveBzuU1qfjjglo1_400.gif

No wonder there were a scratch on my passenger door  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Jul 20 11 09:37 pm Link

Photographer

Walker1812 Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

sosdezign wrote:

No wonder there were a scratch on my passenger door  .  .  .  wink

SOS

yeah sorry about that...

Jul 20 11 09:53 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

yeah sorry about that...

The really slick thing is that you even synchronized the landings in both the videos (your original, and my response)  .  .  .  you truly are a wizard Mr. W  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Jul 20 11 10:32 pm Link