Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Orlando Chit Chat Thread XVIII

Photographer

Carl Roberts

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Al Abbazia  wrote:
Ummm....can't post those pictures here lol.

Feel free to PM links...LOL!

Frozen Butterbeers all around

1 cup light or dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons water
6 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
3/4 cup heavy cream, divided
1/2 teaspoon rum extract
Four 12-ounce bottles cream soda

In a small saucepan over medium, combine the brown sugar and water. Bring to a gentle boil and cook, stirring often, until the mixture reads 240 F on a candy thermometer.

Stir in the butter, salt, vinegar and 1/4 heavy cream. Set aside to cool to room temperature.

Once the mixture has cooled, stir in the rum extract.

In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar mixture and the remaining 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Use an electric mixer to beat until just thickened, but not completely whipped, about 2 to 3 minutes.

To serve, divide the brown sugar mixture between 4 tall glasses (about 1/4 cup for each glass). Add 1/4 cup of cream soda to each glass, then stir to combine. Fill each glass nearly to the top with additional cream soda, then spoon the whipped topping over each.

Jul 27 11 07:48 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Lady Pelvic wrote:

I beg to differ. : P

Carl// Meh...he's got some 'alright' stuff...
tongue

You haven't been ta Bike Week with me yet, has ya  .  .  .  yeah, all my REALLY good stuff is nekid  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Jul 27 11 08:48 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Carl Roberts wrote:

2 tablespoons water
6 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon rum extract

In a small saucepan over medium, combine the brown sugar and water. Bring to a gentle boil and cook, stirring often, until the mixture reads 240 F on a candy thermometer.

Stir in the butter, salt, vinegar and 1/4 heavy cream. Set aside to cool to room temperature.

In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar mixture and the remaining 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Use an electric mixer to beat until just thickened, but not completely whipped, about 2 to 3 minutes.

To serve, divide the brown sugar mixture between 4 tall glasses (about 1/4 cup for each glass). Add 1/4 cup of cream soda to each glass, then stir to combine. Fill each glass nearly to the top with additional cream soda, then spoon the whipped topping over each.

I think I'm gettin' a sugar high  .  .  .  or, hives  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Jul 27 11 08:49 am Link

Photographer

William Beem

Sanford, Florida, US

sosdezign wrote:

You haven't been ta Bike Week with me yet, has ya  .  .  .  yeah, all my REALLY good stuff is nekid  .  .  .  wink

SOS

I've been to every Bike Week since I was 2 or 3 (Dad used to race).  I've seen lots of nekkid, but usually not GOOD nekkid.

Jul 27 11 08:53 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

William Beem wrote:

I've been to every Bike Week since I was 2 or 3 (Dad used to race).  I've seen lots of nekkid, but usually not GOOD nekkid.

No, no WB  .  .  .  MY good stuff is nekid stuff, Bike Week's good stuff is seldom nekid  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Jul 27 11 08:57 am Link

Photographer

H E R B L I S H

Orlando, Florida, US

sosdezign wrote:
No, no WB  .  .  .  MY good stuff is nekid stuff, Bike Week's good stuff is seldom nekid  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Naked Bikes SOS?

Moaning!

Jul 27 11 08:59 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

H E R B L I S H wrote:

Naked Bikes SOS?

Moaning!

Nope, "nekid bikes"  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Jul 27 11 09:15 am Link

Photographer

Scott A Miller photo

Orlando, Florida, US

Bottoms UP

Bottom of the page UP that is ...

Jul 27 11 11:43 am Link

Photographer

Al Abbazia

Orlando, Florida, US

Scott A Miller photo wrote:
Bottoms UP

Bottom of the page UP that is ...

I like bottoms that are up smile Chick bottoms that is.

Jul 27 11 11:46 am Link

Photographer

Scott A Miller photo

Orlando, Florida, US

Maybe Carl can answer this but I can't believe the Gatekeepers said no to him smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQyzQoZi8B8

Jul 27 11 11:55 am Link

Photographer

Photography by George

Orlando, Florida, US

Had a model flake today after messaging me several times about outfits, location, time, and how excited she was.  Did not confirm yesterday, and was a no show today.  Really pissed!

Oh, and read my message asking WTF, and didn't even bother to respond to that.

Jul 27 11 01:36 pm Link

Photographer

Carl Roberts

Maybe Carl can answer this but I can't believe the Gatekeepers said no to him smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQyzQoZi8B8

Yeah that caused quite a stir when it first came out a couple of years ago
They keep getting it yanked for copyright violations

I've seen that clip used for a bunch of different things
But the Mayhem one is the best I think

BTW, I'm not a gatekeeper any more just as an FYI

Jul 27 11 01:40 pm Link

Photographer

Carl Roberts

Photography by George wrote:
Had a model flake today after messaging me several times about outfits, location, time, and how excited she was.  Did not confirm yesterday, and was a no show today.  Really pissed!

That's just annoying
Sorry that happened to you

Jul 27 11 01:41 pm Link

Photographer

Scott A Miller photo

Orlando, Florida, US

Carl Roberts wrote:

Yeah that caused quite a stir when it first came out a couple of years ago
They keep getting it yanked for copyright violations

I've seen that clip used for a bunch of different things
But the Mayhem one is the best I think

BTW, I'm not a gatekeeper any more just as an FYI

Yeah I have seen at as Nikon vs. cannon.. World of Warcraft etc...

Jul 27 11 01:50 pm Link

Photographer

Photography by George

Orlando, Florida, US

Carl Roberts wrote:

That's just annoying
Sorry that happened to you

Yeah, I am thinking of tagging her port with a "thanks for the NO SHOW,  she would just erase it I guess, but maybe someone will see it before she does.  Can I get brigged for that or what.

Jul 27 11 01:56 pm Link

Photographer

William Beem

Sanford, Florida, US

Yeah, I am thinking of tagging her port with a "thanks for the NO SHOW,  she would just erase it I guess, but maybe someone will see it before she does.  Can I get brigged for that or what.

Let it go.  I understand why you're frustrated, but trying to strike back is never helpful and it doesn't make you look good.

Jul 27 11 02:03 pm Link

Photographer

Carl Roberts

You would probably be better off putting a blurb on your own port

I do not suggest working with model xxxxx
Feel free to PM me with any questions as to why not

Something like that

Less likely to get you in trouble

Send me a PM with who it is btw

Jul 27 11 02:03 pm Link

Photographer

H E R B L I S H

Orlando, Florida, US

It happens, George; Move on  - there's more fish in the sea!  She knows who she is and what that makes her!

This is why I demand what I demand!

Jul 27 11 02:14 pm Link

Photographer

Photography by George

Orlando, Florida, US

H E R B L I S H wrote:

It happens, George; Move on  - there's more fish in the sea!  She knows who she is and what that makes her!

Yeah, I guess you guy's are right, it's just that I have always been one to be where I said I would, when I said I would, and it just gripes my ass that someone can just be so irresponsible.

Jul 27 11 02:22 pm Link

Photographer

H E R B L I S H

Orlando, Florida, US

In case you needed to see iit...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIyWt16e8oo

Jul 27 11 02:46 pm Link

Photographer

Photography by George

Orlando, Florida, US

double post

Jul 27 11 06:22 pm Link

Photographer

Photography by George

Orlando, Florida, US

HELP!!!!  I just bought a D3100, and took some test pic's.  Good thing that model flaked today.   I uploaded to computer.  Camera is set to image quality  RAW  worked well on D60  Now ViewNx opens them just fine.  but Adobe Photoshop says they are a document, and wont open them?  WTF?????  ViewNX says they are an NEF file just like other one's.

Oh, and I have a shoot in the morning.

Jul 27 11 06:24 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

So glad I drove to O town for what became a non shoot. Seems Valencia changed the date of tonites event and forgot 1 detail... TO TELL ME!!!!  ARRRGGGGGHHHH!!!

On the brightside, well actually 3, they're still paying me for the day so borat for being honorable, 2) got to see some buds over at Harmon and 3) my buddy Amanda at Harmon surprised me with some incredibly yummy cookies that she knows are my fav...  Such an awesome surprise...

Jul 27 11 07:34 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

HELP!!!!  I just bought a D3100, and took some test pic's.  Good thing that model flaked today.   I uploaded to computer.  Camera is set to image quality  RAW  worked well on D60  Now ViewNx opens them just fine.  but Adobe Photoshop says they are a document, and wont open them?  WTF?????  ViewNX says they are an NEF file just like other one's.

Hey George, I'd really suggest getting Lightroom to convert your RAW's. I doubt that Adobe is going to NOT allow updates of new cameras to not work with older versions of Lightroom.

Jul 27 11 07:35 pm Link

Photographer

Walker1812 Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

first important question is what version of Photoshop are you using... Photoshop supports RAW format in the latest versions... for older versions there is a patch that can be applicable

Jul 27 11 09:33 pm Link

Photographer

Photography by George

Orlando, Florida, US

Walker1812 Photography wrote:

first important question is what version of Photoshop are you using... Photoshop supports RAW format in the latest versions... for older versions there is a patch that can be applicable

I am still using my CS3 Master collection.  I do not have LIghtroom.  I guess I am going to have to upgrade and look into lightroom.  My CS3 would let me open the raw files from my D60 make adjustments to the image, and save it as a PSD. 

It's always something huh

Jul 28 11 01:59 am Link

Model

Lady Pelvic

Orlando, Florida, US

My braces are frigg'n killing me.
I got them tigtened yesterday...my God.
My bottom row...so sore right now.
Next visit, it's the top row.
FML.
Two more months...
Two more frigg'n months...

Jul 28 11 02:29 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

I'm awake, OK...

Jul 28 11 03:46 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

I wanna go back to bed.

I have a shoot tonight at Stardust Video.

It's Scooter Night...

Jul 28 11 04:33 am Link

Model

Solstice Rain

Davenport, Florida, US

On behalf of the models, I apologize for your experience. I used to keep tabs on the good, bad and the ugly on both sides of the lenses, but I've been less active lately.
Best thing to do, get the word out privately, without personal badmouthing. Just lay out the facts. Let others draw their own conclusions. Posting visible negative comments usually just comes back to bite you in the rear.

Jul 28 11 04:57 am Link

Photographer

FMT Photo Art

Orlando, Florida, US

Carl Roberts wrote:

2 tablespoons water
6 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon rum extract

Sounds yummy !  smile

Question - Can you stick with just Straight Rum and Sugar ?  Is that a good variation on this ?

Jul 28 11 05:07 am Link

Photographer

Scott A Miller photo

Orlando, Florida, US

I am still using my CS3 Master collection.  I do not have LIghtroom.  I guess I am going to have to upgrade and look into lightroom.  My CS3 would let me open the raw files from my D60 make adjustments to the image, and save it as a PSD. 

It's always something huh

George here is a link to camera raw on adobe's site...

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/search/ind … &loc=en_us

Jul 28 11 05:10 am Link

Photographer

Scott A Miller photo

Orlando, Florida, US

Oh yeah.. moaning everyone

Jul 28 11 05:12 am Link

Photographer

Carl Roberts

FMT Photo Art wrote:
Sounds yummy !  smile

Question - Can you stick with just Straight Rum and Sugar ?  Is that a good variation on this ?

I think that's called a Mojito!

Jul 28 11 05:13 am Link

Photographer

Photography by George

Orlando, Florida, US

George here is a link to camera raw on adobe's site...

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/search/ind … &loc=en_us

Thanks Scott, I appreciate your response, but I looked at this earlier, and tried to download and install.  Apparantly  it only works if you have CS4 or CS5.  I guess they don't update CS3 anymore.  Looks like time to upgrade, whether I want to or not.

Jul 28 11 05:46 am Link

Photographer

H E R B L I S H

Orlando, Florida, US

Carl Roberts wrote:

I think that's called a Mojito!

Si Señor!

Jul 28 11 06:49 am Link

Photographer

Scott A Miller photo

Orlando, Florida, US

Anyone know of a good area - outdoors - around UCF to shoot..

Open field, water etc..

Jul 28 11 07:07 am Link

Photographer

FMT Photo Art

Orlando, Florida, US

Anyone know of a good area - outdoors - around UCF to shoot..

Open field, water etc..

When last i was on Campus ; there was a great reflecting pool right behind the Administration Building .

I will say that it has been a while since I was on campus though .

As far as " Woods " ; or Fields around , or near the campus ... as far as I know most of that area is pretty built up now ... with apartments for the Students , and fast food places etc ....

I used to live on Lake Mira , which was just off of ,,, ummm ... I think it is Alfaya Trail ; which is the Road that goes out to UCF ..... but I do believe that the last time I checked , there was a new housing development that had been built on the Lake ....

besides that , the Lake is just a couple of miles past Hwy 15a ( Goldenrod Blvd ) - - - if you are familiar with that area .... but there may still be some pretty spots around it , because it was very rural at one time .

Jul 28 11 07:18 am Link

Photographer

Scott A Miller photo

Orlando, Florida, US

Thanks... doesn't have to be on campus just wasn't sure what is on that side of town

Jul 28 11 07:19 am Link

Photographer

William Beem

Sanford, Florida, US

Thanks Scott, I appreciate your response, but I looked at this earlier, and tried to download and install.  Apparantly  it only works if you have CS4 or CS5.  I guess they don't update CS3 anymore.  Looks like time to upgrade, whether I want to or not.

There is another option.  You could get the DNG converter from Adobe for free.  CS3 will recognize DNG files.  It's an extra step, but it saves you from paying to upgrade now if it's not financially convenient.

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop … yTab2.html

Jul 28 11 07:24 am Link