This thread was locked on 2011-08-22 08:43:15

Model

Elvira Rose

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I've noticed that a lot of models get fake breasts and I am wondering if there is a preference for this look in the industry? Particularly in men's magazine type modelling.

On a previous shoot, I noticed it is hard to find good poses for real breasts, even if they are naturally quite round and full. You know, real breasts no matter how great, will still hang and move around.

Aug 19 11 04:13 am Link

Photographer

Jeff Fiore

Brooklyn, New York, US

I see absolutely nothing wrong with your breasts. Just learn to work with them.

Aug 19 11 04:22 am Link

Photographer

Jhono Bashian

Cleveland, Ohio, US

O'Naturals' are my favorites.. I love an A cup cutie to a full firm C cup.. 
D, DD, E, F G's are fun to work with but nature and gravity has it own agenda

Aug 19 11 04:23 am Link

Photographer

J Welborn

Clarksville, Tennessee, US

Real is a lot easier to work with . It is very very difficult to get fake breasts to look normal from a lot of angles .

Aug 19 11 04:31 am Link

Photographer

Ira Meyer

Oxnard, California, US

I'm not a woman... so I can never understand how those with two X chromosomes think.  But I fear breast implants have become something of a disease in our society; which now borders on being endemic.  For I see so many gorgeous women with amazingly healthy bodies who opt to get them.  And the tendency is to almost always go way overboard... which results in them looking more like cartoon characters than humans.

Your breasts are absolutely lovely as they are, Elvira Rose!

Ira

Aug 19 11 04:37 am Link

Photographer

Stephen Thorne

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

There's this twisted idea in our society that bigger is always better. I agree with Ira. I don't know why so many women give in to it. You're lovely as you are. Don't change a thing. ~ Stephen

Aug 19 11 04:49 am Link

Photographer

SheImages

Definitely, natural is best

Aug 19 11 05:00 am Link

Photographer

Matt Schmidt Photo

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Breasts please . . .

Aug 19 11 05:09 am Link

Photographer

M Nolan

I say no to 'Bolt-ons' ...

Aug 19 11 05:13 am Link

Photographer

bmiSTUDIO

Morristown, Vermont, US

Elvira Rose wrote:
I've noticed that a lot of models get fake breasts and I am wondering if there is a preference for this look in the industry? Particularly in men's magazine type modelling.

On a previous shoot, I noticed it is hard to find good poses for real breasts, even if they are naturally quite round and full. You know, real breasts no matter how great, will still hang and move around.

God forbid a woman looks natural in a photo.

Aug 19 11 05:32 am Link

Model

Elvira Rose

Thanks for your responses everyone. I shall continue on with my natural breasts!

Aug 19 11 06:27 am Link

Photographer

Set222

Elvira Rose wrote:
Thanks for your responses everyone. I shall continue on with my natural breasts!

Please do...

Aug 19 11 06:34 am Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

Besides fakes have to be redone every 7-10 years! Some may get more time but I had a model who had one leaking after 14 years, had to have them redone quickly, bad business, fake breasts.

Aug 19 11 06:36 am Link

Photographer

Dean Johnson Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Elvira Rose wrote:

If you ever get to feeling that maybe you should have gotten implants, just stand in front of the mirror and give those girls a good shake, and then marvel at them and realize that fake boobs can't do that!
smile

Aug 19 11 06:39 am Link

Photographer

Harmon Photography

The Villages, Florida, US

I too prefer a natural breast for shape and so on. It's sometimes difficult to find models who are natural, though.

Aug 19 11 06:41 am Link

Photographer

AJ_In_Atlanta

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Maybe for glamour(??) but not in fashion that I shoot, my personal tastes is against it as usually the person looked better before.  I do understand that for some it has improved their self confidence and it's something they choose to do for themselves.  Can't argue with an informed decision made for totally personal reasons, but it's a bad idea for a job that only last a small portion of ones entire life.

Aug 19 11 06:44 am Link

Photographer

Nico Simon Princely

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I love nice breast. Natural or Non-OEM (Breast Implants) The shape and look is all that matters to me.

It all depends on the model and her breast. I think some women need a boob job and thank GOD for that option. Just like Nose Job or corrective Surgery, or Hair Transplants. All I'm for people making improvements if they want it or need it.

But a woman that has truly nice breasts from the start I think she leave them alone as they seem to be far and few between these days.

For Example:
This model I don't think she needed to do anything to her breasts they were perfect. But I ran into her recently and she now has huge boobs. Her choice but I thought they looked great before.

18+:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/23742493

One last note on this subject...
After living in L.A. and In Vegas. If you a model that needs a boob job it's the best investment you'll ever make.

You will have more social opportunities, more modeling, Go-Go, Trade Show, Promo Modeling and Music Video Gigs than you would without it.

You also get into most clubs free and ahead of everyone else. This is something I have observed over the years. Very few women I know have ever regretted it of course unless there is a health issue or they had a bad surgeon.

Aug 19 11 06:48 am Link

Photographer

Ira Meyer

Oxnard, California, US

AJScalzitti wrote:
Maybe for glamour(??) but not in fashion that I shoot, my personal tastes is against it as usually the person looked better before.  I do understand that for some it has improved their self confidence and it's something they choose to do for themselves.  Can't argue with an informed decision made for totally personal reasons, but it's a bad idea for a job that only last a small portion of ones entire life.

I always tell women that if they want to improve their self-confidence, they should learn to speak another language... or train to run a marathon... or volunteer at a hospital or soup kitchen. 

For how can someone truly gain self-confidence by buying something?

Aug 19 11 06:49 am Link

Photographer

Alan Thomas

Tampa, Florida, US

There ain't NOTHING like the REAL thing.  Yours are very desirable because they are so well shaped and can be placed to fit the pose.  If you look at those store boughts in most every picture they're in the same position.

Aug 19 11 06:51 am Link

Makeup Artist

JadeT

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Not sure why this is posted in HMS...

Aug 19 11 08:52 am Link

Photographer

Image Transfer Arts

San Francisco, California, US

Personally, I wouldn't consider hiring a model with breast implants for my nudes, I prefer a natural look, even with the makeup and hair.

Aug 19 11 09:16 am Link

Photographer

Ira Meyer

Oxnard, California, US

Elvira Rose wrote:

Good on ya, Elvira Rose!  :-))

Aug 19 11 03:55 pm Link

Photographer

Rich Burroughs

Portland, Oregon, US

Image Transfer Arts wrote:
Personally, I wouldn't consider hiring a model with breast implants for my nudes, I prefer a natural look, even with the makeup and hair.

I agree, I don't often do it either.

But she's asking about "men's magazines." If that means things like Maxim, I think implants are pretty common.

And it's not always about looking normal or natural. That's what I look for in my work, but I'm also not shooting glam.

Aug 19 11 04:01 pm Link

Photographer

Visions by Bogey

HIDDENITE, North Carolina, US

Some things are just wrong, FAKE is wrong.  I much prefer the real thing.

Aug 19 11 04:07 pm Link

Photographer

Catchlight Portraits

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

Ira Meyer wrote:
...For how can someone truly gain self-confidence by buying something?

That is the wisest thing I've heard for some time.  I hope you don't mind if I repeat your advice the next time I'm asked for my opinion!

Aug 19 11 04:08 pm Link

Photographer

Nature Coast Lightworks

Tampa, Florida, US

Image Transfer Arts wrote:

+1

Every can tell foobies are fake just by looking at them.

jf

Aug 19 11 04:10 pm Link

Photographer

KB9NDF

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

Elvira Rose wrote:

Thank you! The world will be a little nice place to be.

In my opinion, augmented breasts look best in sweaters; but when set free, they lack that special "something" that makes them really rewarding for all involved.
Obviously, there are exceptions, but for the most part the artificially enhanced versions *look* artificially enhanced.

As one of the regulars on the forums says... Just my 2¢.

Aug 19 11 05:04 pm Link

Photographer

Blue Mini Photography

Tempe, Arizona, US

I prefer real.  But I have seen some great fake ones.  Most however look fine in clothes but look fake nude.   Key is not going to big, properly shaped implants.

Also most fake ones don't move well, which leads the the fake look unless the model is upright.

YMMV.

Aug 19 11 05:12 pm Link

Photographer

Nelia

San Francisco, California, US

Ira Meyer wrote:
I'm not a woman... so I can never understand how those with two X chromosomes think.  But I fear breast implants have become something of a disease in our society; which now borders on being endemic.  For I see so many gorgeous women with amazingly healthy bodies who opt to get them.  And the tendency is to almost always go way overboard... which results in them looking more like cartoon characters than humans.

Your breasts are absolutely lovely as they are, Elvira Rose!

Ira

+1  Natural is best!

Aug 19 11 05:12 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Makeup By bb

Greensboro, North Carolina, US

JadeT wrote:
Not sure why this is posted in HMS...

+10000000

This is better suited to the model or photography forum. Please take it there.

Aug 22 11 08:40 am Link