This thread was locked on 2013-09-09 03:05:09
Forums > Model Colloquy > New email harassment from "photographer"

Model

Ivy Radicans

Seattle, Washington, US

I'm posting for a friend who is unable to get to MM till later but is very worried about this guy Christopher David ([email protected]) who just started sending a bunch of emails harassing her about modeling. 

I didn't find him on here, but sometimes people will create a profile just for temp use to harass.  She found him in a Craigslist post, or similar (don't have all details).

He said something like "work out for god sake" and that "for doing modeling for 8 years you sure don't know sh$t" etc. And already sent 4 emails today.  Just typical jerk bored wanting to make women feel bad about themselves.  Oh, and my gal is fit!  So the work out comment- not true (she does).

If anyone else has had issues with this guy (supposedly a "photographer/artist from another site") could you help?

I say ignore and block where you can.  But she's all freaked he'll sabotage her modeling career (poor sweet gal).  And IS there a block option on MM?  I haven't had to use it yet (yay).

Jul 10 12 11:01 pm Link

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Orlando, Florida, US

nevermind... appears to not be a part of this site.

Jul 10 12 11:06 pm Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

Good Egg Productions wrote:
Outing for a friend?  You're quite the person!

not allowed.
Remove his name.

Not only that, coming out of retirement to out for a friend!!

borat

Jul 10 12 11:07 pm Link

Photographer

Through Elizabeths Eyes

Yelm, Washington, US

If your friend has been modeling for 8 years, I'm sure she's developed thick skin by now.

Just sounds like some asshole who enjoys sending hate mail. I'd advise your friend to just ignore it.

Jul 10 12 11:10 pm Link

Model

Jillian Monica

Kingston, Pennsylvania, US

There is a block option on MM. I've blocked a few people. There is a button on their profile and then another confirm button. But if this is through email, I'm not sure if you can block email address from your account but look into that. That might be an option. I hope this helps!  : )

Oh and if his craiglist posts are not legit you can flag them.

Jul 10 12 11:29 pm Link

Model

Ivy Radicans

Seattle, Washington, US

Well she's still a sweet kind gal (whereas I'm more a vicious Texan, plus being a teaching assistant has me more immunity to some stuff).  So she is a little tender, but really more worried this guy is going to "sabotage" her.  I say HA!, but I want to reassure my gal.  She's just an awesome person and doesn't need this kind of crap (well who does, really?).

We still do charity car washes together and occasionally get harassed there too.  Called the cops once, and they did nothing to help, so never mind with that.  So next time- mace and taser with no hesitation.  Women need to protect themselves these days, that's all there is to it. smile

Jul 10 12 11:31 pm Link

Model

V Laroche

Khowmeyn, Markazī, Iran

If every asshole on the internet could ruin a model's career by saying mean things about her, none of us would ever, ever work again. Somebody keeps sending me emails telling me I look middle-aged. Whatever.

Jul 10 12 11:37 pm Link

Model

Ivy Radicans

Seattle, Washington, US

V Laroche wrote:
If every asshole on the internet could ruin a model's career by saying mean things about her, none of us would ever, ever work again.

Nice!  I agree.

Jul 10 12 11:38 pm Link

Photographer

James Garfield

Perth, Western Australia, Australia

Ivy Radicans wrote:
I'm posting for a friend who is unable to get to MM till later but is very worried about this guy Christopher David ([email protected]) who just started sending a bunch of emails harassing her about modeling. 

I didn't find him on here, but sometimes people will create a profile just for temp use to harass.  She found him in a Craigslist post, or similar (don't have all details).

He said something like "work out for god sake" and that "for doing modeling for 8 years you sure don't know sh$t" etc. And already sent 4 emails today.  Just typical jerk bored wanting to make women feel bad about themselves.  Oh, and my gal is fit!  So the work out comment- not true (she does).

If anyone else has had issues with this guy (supposedly a "photographer/artist from another site") could you help?

I say ignore and block where you can.  But she's all freaked he'll sabotage her modeling career (poor sweet gal).  And IS there a block option on MM?  I haven't had to use it yet (yay).

So with respect, you're posting this for a "friend" who "can't get to MM" whatever that means and basically slandering someone who isn't here to defend themselves if in fact any of the above allegations are true. Please can you explain to me why anyone should take a single bit of notice of you and what amounts to your extremely unprofessional behaviour?

Jul 11 12 12:22 am Link

Model

Ivy Radicans

Seattle, Washington, US

I've searched this forum and found similar posts. I suggest you do the same or let us humble goes not distract your attentions away from more pressing matters.  I cry out for no attention.  This is a fishing line recognizance.

Models have a right to protect themselves from harassment (as the standard issue human beings that they are) and as my friend Ronda does not have computer access right now since her's is broken, I'm being what is known to some as "a good friend" supporting her mental health because I care about my friends dearly.

I quoted what she gave me from him, and asked if anyone else has had issues.  This means feedback of him actually being professional and courteous is also desired to help figure this out.  Every model out there eventually comes across harassment, from legitimate talented photographers or not, because of the human variability element and even cultural differences. 

Should we stand idly by and allow new unknowing women to be belittled, emotionally traumatized or raped, or is it better to speak up and state what's known?  FYI- My MM search never seems to find even people I know whom have a long record on here, so searching his name may or may not indicate actual presence (thus a request for any volunteered help).  I personally stand up against cruelty, rudeness, and unprofessional behavior and prefer the "better safe than sorry" approach.  But that's just me. 

**I now know that she can block him if his harassment does come here and will try to help her with the email end as well.  I also have more information in that he is not a known scam artist (since those are often revealed on these forums from my experience) so she has no need to worry or take further action to protect herself. 

So THANK YOU to those who's precious attention I took and took the time to give input.  Its is much appreciated and I speak for Ronda in offering many many thanks.  She will sleep better now.

Jul 11 12 01:00 am Link

Photographer

James Garfield

Perth, Western Australia, Australia

Ivy Radicans wrote:
Models have a right to protect themselves from harassment (as the standard issue human beings that they are).

I couldn't agree more but your friend should be fighting her own battles and if you feel the need to join in then direct your anger and opinions at the person in question rather than openly slander someone on a public forum who as previously stated is not here to give their side of the story and from experience there are ALWAYS two sides to every story. There's no point in getting angry about it, your post is unprofessional and childlike even though you have good intentions.

Jul 11 12 01:23 am Link

Model

V Laroche

Khowmeyn, Markazī, Iran

Ivy Radicans wrote:
I've searched this forum and found similar posts. I suggest you do the same or let us humble goes not distract your attentions away from more pressing matters.  I cry out for no attention.  This is a fishing line recognizance.

Models have a right to protect themselves from harassment (as the standard issue human beings that they are) and as my friend Ronda does not have computer access right now since her's is broken, I'm being what is known to some as "a good friend" supporting her mental health because I care about my friends dearly.

I quoted what she gave me from him, and asked if anyone else has had issues.  This means feedback of him actually being professional and courteous is also desired to help figure this out.  Every model out there eventually comes across harassment, from legitimate talented photographers or not, because of the human variability element and even cultural differences. 

Should we stand idly by and allow new unknowing women to be belittled, emotionally traumatized or raped, or is it better to speak up and state what's known?  FYI- My MM search never seems to find even people I know whom have a long record on here, so searching his name may or may not indicate actual presence (thus a request for any volunteered help).  I personally stand up against cruelty, rudeness, and unprofessional behavior and prefer the "better safe than sorry" approach.  But that's just me. 

**I now know that she can block him if his harassment does come here and will try to help her with the email end as well.  I also have more information in that he is not a known scam artist (since those are often revealed on these forums from my experience) so she has no need to worry or take further action to protect herself. 

So THANK YOU to those who's precious attention I took and took the time to give input.  Its is much appreciated and I speak for Ronda in offering many many thanks.  She will sleep better now.

What? Your first post made sense, but this one looks like you translated it to Portuguese and then back to English with a web translator. I'm drinking right now too, but damn, girl!

Jul 11 12 01:28 am Link

Photographer

TopherDavid253

Gig Harbor, Washington, US

...Half truths... you people are UN-educated, and lack the ability to do the simplest of research... I am an artist... I practice several mediums, am a member of the Art DIRECTORS club, have studied for names that are already LIVING FINE ART LEGENDS... Really, I am too good for Washington State, and the people here... I belong back at Wind and Sea Beach, in Cali... (go look it up you low budget tards.)

Sep 08 13 10:14 pm Link

Photographer

TopherDavid253

Opps... Studied under and worked for...

Sep 08 13 10:14 pm Link

Photographer

F R A I M

Prescott Valley, Arizona, US

way to bump a thread that has been dead for over a year to out yourself as the photographer in question. 

Brilliant!!!

Sep 08 13 11:17 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Leavitt

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

TopherDavid253 wrote:
...Half truths... you people are UN-educated, and lack the ability to do the simplest of research... I am an artist... I practice several mediums, am a member of the Art DIRECTORS club, have studied for names that are already LIVING FINE ART LEGENDS... Really, I am too good for Washington State, and the people here... I belong back at Wind and Sea Beach, in Cali... (go look it up you low budget tards.)

I must surely bow before such talent.

Sep 08 13 11:19 pm Link

Model

Nicole Nu

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

F R A I M wrote:
way to bump a thread that has been dead for over a year to out yourself as the photographer in question. 

Brilliant!!!

*slow clap*

All the while also not denying that he sent the emails either.

Sep 08 13 11:29 pm Link

Photographer

Viator Defessus Photos

Houston, Texas, US

F R A I M wrote:

Brilliant!!!

Pretty much...

"It is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Sep 08 13 11:32 pm Link

Photographer

Brooks Ayola

Chatsworth, California, US

Oh, this is rich! LOL

Sep 08 13 11:35 pm Link

Photographer

TopherDavid253

You really should... I mean, have you ever met or even know who did the castings for the ground zero monument? I mean, do you know anything about art or fine art at all... commercial art aside...

Sep 08 13 11:41 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

TopherDavid253 wrote:

You out yourself on a thread that is over a year old? 

-said sarcastically- Yes, you are truly brilliant!  (NOT!)

So you believe people are so below you that you can harass them through email?

You are so full of yourself!  Perhaps delusional about how great you are?  With your crappy attitude, I don't need to do any research to know why I don't like you already.

Sep 08 13 11:43 pm Link

Photographer

TopherDavid253

I mean really, look at your photos, then look at mine... What galleries are you guys showing at? O you aren't? You sell your cheap nothings online?

Sep 08 13 11:43 pm Link

Photographer

TopherDavid253

First off... I did not harass anyone... that is a false claim, that i say again, to you, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH... not talking the word of some interwebs shht... LLMFAO

Sep 08 13 11:44 pm Link

Photographer

TopherDavid253

Good, cause your photos look like shht, and for someone with such obviously shhty taste is not welcomed to like and I would prefer not look at my work... it might make you so insanely jealous to know what and how much people pay me via art gallieries for my prints... you might just put down your camera... and start doing something useful... like develop talent...

Sep 08 13 11:47 pm Link

Photographer

TopherDavid253

galleries...

Photographer

ChadAlan

Los Angeles, California, US

TopherDavid253 wrote:

TopherDavid253 wrote:
Good, cause your photos look like shht, and for someone with such obviously shhty taste is not welcomed to like and I would prefer not look at my work... it might make you so insanely jealous to know what and how much people pay me via art gallieries for my prints... you might just put down your camera... and start doing something useful... like develop talent...

Photographer

TopherDavid253

LMFAO

Sep 08 13 11:50 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

TopherDavid253 wrote:
First off... I did not harass anyone... that is a false claim, that i say again, to you, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH... not talking the word of some interwebs shht... LLMFAO

Just answer one question for me, please! 

Why did you revive this thread in the first place?

Sep 08 13 11:51 pm Link

Photographer

Greg Kolack

Elmhurst, Illinois, US

TopherDavid253 wrote:

TopherDavid253 wrote:
galleries...

FYI - You can go back and edit your posts to correct your typos. You don't have to make another post.

Sep 08 13 11:51 pm Link

Model

Nicole Nu

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Greg Kolack wrote:

TopherDavid253 wrote:

FYI - You can go back and edit your posts to correct your typos. You don't have to make another post.

Shh don't tell him that.
You'll ruin the lolz

Sep 08 13 11:53 pm Link

Photographer

ChadAlan

Los Angeles, California, US

Greg Kolack wrote:

TopherDavid253 wrote:

BUT

TopherDavid253 wrote:
you people are UN-educated,

smile

Sep 08 13 11:54 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Greg Kolack wrote:

Well he says this about himself; "Started Attending the A.I. for a BA in computer science back in 2007/2008... " So you would think he would notice the "Edit" button in the corner of his post?  Maybe he "attended" but didn't learn to be observant?

I think his college education is for a B.S. degree in BS ...

Pretty funny stuff for a Sunday evening!   lol

Sep 08 13 11:54 pm Link

Photographer

TopherDavid253

Because I didn't have a chance to defend myself... I still don't, because there are still people propagating such half truths and near outright lies... From local photographers and studios to whoever the model she is talking about is (VERONICA OCEAN... dumbazs)

Sep 08 13 11:56 pm Link

Photographer

TopherDavid253

Really... because I didn't notice a button a Model mayhem page, you are going to make an assumption like that... LMFAO... your thinking is almost as shhty as your photography...

Sep 08 13 11:57 pm Link

Photographer

TopherDavid253

Yeah, I make mistakes, and I like them to be record... My mistakes are worth more then the best shht you have up...

Sep 08 13 11:58 pm Link

Photographer

Eros Fine Art Photo

Torrance, California, US

TopherDavid253 wrote:
I mean really, look at your photos, then look at mine... What galleries are you guys showing at? O you aren't? You sell your cheap nothings online?

Welcome to MM.  I see you're going to make A LOT of new friends here. 

That is, if you don't mind "slumming it" with all the photographers who haven't reached your elite status in the art world.  lol

IBTL

Sep 09 13 12:01 am Link

Photographer

TopherDavid253

P.S. Chad Alan... your photos are actually nice looking...

Sep 09 13 12:04 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

TopherDavid253 wrote:
Because I didn't have a chance to defend myself... I still don't, because there are still people propagating such half truths and near outright lies... From local photographers and studios to whoever the model she is talking about is (VERONICA OCEAN... dumbazs)

Defend yourself from what?  You were never mentioned here!  If you had never bumped this thread, then you would never had made such a fool out of yourself.   You really are a fool!  lol

Sep 09 13 12:05 am Link

Photographer

TopherDavid253

yes, and where or what galleries are your "Fine Art" photos displayed at or in? Or are they just online? LMFAO... Seriously, just because your model mayhem number is that low, doesn't mean Ill show you respect...

Sep 09 13 12:06 am Link

Photographer

Brooks Ayola

Chatsworth, California, US

Holy shit. My two friends Dunning and Kruger told me about this guy.

Sep 09 13 12:06 am Link