4 R D

Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico

This is very amusing.

Aug 15 12 12:35 pm Link

Model

Retiredmodel

Monmouth, Wales, United Kingdom

V Laroche wrote:
Please, tell us more. I think that maybe somebody here didn't hear you the first twenty times. Eliza, have you ever been a fit model? Do you think that fit models can find steady work? How tall do you have to be to be a fit model? Do you have to be agency standard? Hey Eliza, who is better quality, AP or VS?????????? PLEASE SHARE YOUR INFINITE WISDOM.

Well why not share your infinite sarcasm ?

Obviously; the op has little chance to be a top VS model. But there are other avenues; and fit is one of them and you get to do some cool stuff and get paid if you do fit.

The debate went on because things I said were challenged. This is the nature of debate; people do repeat themselves as the other parties have done in this thread and others on the subject of modelling opportunities in the fashion industry. They put it in a different way; produce different cites etc. Sometimes; eventually people actually accept the testimony of others. And sometimes; it gets on other peoples nerves.

Of course some people don't contribute anything they are just here to slate others.
I guess it makes them feel better about themselves; or they use the chance to get at someone because they have some kind of other issues with them,  or something. But I generally when I see threads where an debate dominates which bores me I just don't bother reading. You are not obliged. I do not have infinite wisdom; but I know fit modelling. As it was for a top lingerie brand that is relevant. And in that; the op has some chance. I fail to see how anything you have said in the last two replies is anything but personal attack off topic. As far as I know there are maybe only a dozen threads out of thousands which have featured anything about fit modelling; and also people tend to join threads without reading previous post so again sometimes repitition is needed. Just don't read rather than getting in such a foul mood and resorting to pure insult.

Aug 15 12 12:55 pm Link

Model

Raquel Rayne

New York, New York, US

...and they lived happily ever after.

The end.

OP has not come back.

Aug 15 12 01:04 pm Link

Model

Briana Shauntre

Niagara Falls, New York, US

Raquel Rayne wrote:
Why is this still going on?

The OP hasn't come back into this thread for a very long time.

I think we get it. Last night I had a dream about being a fit model...enough is enough.

I don't think it's even possible to contribute anything more positive to this thread. Eliza has already done enough contributing.

Um but I just commented on it yesterday. Hasn't been that long.

Aug 15 12 03:33 pm Link

Model

Briana Shauntre

Raquel Rayne wrote:

I think we get it. Last night I had a dream about being a fit model...enough is enough.

I don't think it's even possible to contribute anything more positive to this thread. Eliza has already done enough contributing.

Model

Briana Shauntre

Raquel Rayne wrote:

Model

Raquel Rayne

New York, New York, US

Briana Shauntre wrote:

I stand corrected. I haven't been following the last two pages aside from the fit modeling thing that keeps getting repeated.

I still think this thread has long since come to an end.

Aug 15 12 03:47 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

V Laroche wrote:
Holy fuck. Can we just go ahead and change the name of Model Mayhem to "Eliza C was an Agent Provocateur fit model with Silvia Dimitroya and she worked very steadily wearing top quality underpants" already? Then we can make every single thread about how Eliza C was a fucking AP fit model. Maybe Eliza C can start a goddamn advice column.

"Dear Eliza C,
I feel insecure in my relationship with my boyfriend although he assures me he loves me. Do you have any advice?

Thanks in advance,
Needy in Denver"

"Dear Needy in Denver,

Anybody who is 5"6' in London can find steady work as a fit model, wearing top quality underpants with Silvia Dimitroya. Let me tell you all about it. Again. And again. And again. And again. And again. For five pages.
Best of luck! Also, please feel free to come back any time and ask me more questions about the top quality underpants I wore with Silvia Dimitroya when I was working steadily as a fit model in London.

Eliza C
Fit model for Agent Provacateur"

If you ever stop modelling you could be a joke writer.   This is classic.  Post of the freaking month.

Aug 15 12 03:59 pm Link

Model

Grouchy Retired Nova

Tucson, Arizona, US

A few thoughts:

1.  Name dropping is amazingly tacky and reeks of snobbery.  I did an informal shoot with a photographer once and, if I dropped his name... we'd all have a "holy shit!" moment.  I don't feel the need to do that, because... who gives a shit that a really famous photographer took a couple of shots of me 8 years ago, because he happened to stop by the studio that I was working in and liked a pose I did?  It's one of those funny moments that I laugh about with friends and nothing more.  Eliza, given the field that you're in, you could easily know who my boyfriend is.  You may have learned about his work during your Masters or PhD program.  I have too much respect for him and for our relationship to start dropping his name to increase my credibility or stature. 

2.  Things are the way they are for a reason and, while there are exceptions to every rule, they're few and far between.  Yes, a model or two may get lucky and get a coveted position.  The rest of us won't.  I managed to make it as a model, at an advanced age, with scars and tattoos.  That doesn't mean that everyone will.  Holding up the experience of some who is, for all intents and purposes, an anomaly is pointless and counter productive.  For every Adriana Lima, there's 1,000 girls who never made it.  If not more.

3.  I remember what it was like to rail against convention and, while I never did it with modeling, I did it politically.  I beat my head into a wall for long enough to learn that my head was going to give way long before the wall did.  OP, if you want to try... more power to you.  Just don't be surprised when you hear "Yeah, we told you so..."

4.  Just because someone isn't a model doesn't mean that they don't have a crapton of knowledge about how modeling works.  In fact, photographers are a pretty great resource and their perspective on things is really not something to scoff at.  In fact, when I was starting out, the advice that I gleaned from talking to photographers was invaluable.  Also, just because I am a model does not mean that I know everything there is to know about being a model, as there are plenty of aspects that I either know nothing about or haven't dealt with in long enough that things have probably changed.  Also, while I may know my own market, different cities have different dynamics and I'd be a fool to think that I know everything about all of them.   There's something to be said for being humble.

Aug 15 12 09:13 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

V Laroche wrote:

Please, tell us more. I think that maybe somebody here didn't hear you the first twenty times. Eliza, have you ever been a fit model? Do you think that fit models can find steady work? How tall do you have to be to be a fit model? Do you have to be agency standard? Hey Eliza, who is better quality, AP or VS?????????? PLEASE SHARE YOUR INFINITE WISDOM.

Eliza is posting to give models the benefit of her experience.

Aug 16 12 10:23 am Link

Model

K I C K H A M

Los Angeles, California, US

While fit models may also do other modeling, a fit model is not a catalog model.

Getting to be a catalog model in VS still has the harsh requirements of being any sort of seen model for VS.

OP, have you started submitting yourself places yet, looking for agencies, or trying to find fit work?

Fit models have requirements, too.

Aug 16 12 10:52 am Link

Model

FUK DA INDUSTRY

Miami Beach, Florida, US

I am so off topic but does any one know if there is any agency looking for petite models.

I am 4'11
96 pounds
Small breast Small hips

Aug 25 12 02:17 pm Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Denise Muniz wrote:
I am so off topic but does any one know if there is any agency looking for petite models.

I am 4'11
96 pounds
Small breast Small hips

Not many. Rather than hijack this thread, why not try creating a new one instead? Or better yet, read the stickies in the Newbie section first before posting.

Aug 25 12 02:21 pm Link

Photographer

Art of the nude

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

Denise Muniz wrote:
I am so off topic but does any one know if there is any agency looking for petite llamas.

I am 4'11
96 pounds
Small breast Small hips

Generally, talent agencies, if you have a relevant talent.

Aug 25 12 02:40 pm Link

Photographer

David J Martin

El Paso, Texas, US

Denise Muniz wrote:

I am 4'11
96 pounds
Small breast Small hips

Willy Wonka was looking for a spokes person to hire more Oompa Loompa's to the Chocolate Factory.  I heard there were bennie's and all.  tongue

Aug 25 12 03:17 pm Link

Model

Nicole Barnett

Springfield, Missouri, US

I agree with the other posters here. Have dreams, but focus your attention & effort on attainable ones. You're gorgeous; have fun with the work that you are qualified to do.

Feb 20 13 07:24 am Link

Model

angel emily

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Wow, zombie thread!

It was always a fantasy of mine too, alas, I still have fun with it. smile

Feb 20 13 07:29 am Link

Photographer

DVP Photography

Broomfield, Colorado, US

OP, very simple.  No need to ask here or anywhere.  Go to the Ford and Elite agencies in New York City and see if you qualify.  Those two agencies are where VS gets its models.

Feb 21 13 09:03 pm Link