Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > ... on watching Breaking Bad

Model

Janelle Kane

Los Angeles, California, US

guys. i can't. i literally can't wait till next week. like whaaat theeee actual hell? who does that?! damnit vince!

Sep 09 13 09:43 pm Link

Photographer

sweet gamine

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Where is Holly?
Walt was carrying her when he came into the car wash, saw Saul and ran out.
He wasn't carrying her when he spoke to Saul in the parking lot or when he came back in and received the photo and call from Jesse just before he tore off in his car.

Did he put her in the office and not tell Skyler, give her to a staff member to tend to or did he put her into a car seat in his own car and forgot all about her?
It can't be an oversight considering how meticulous the directing seems to be on this show.

Edit: just found some theories on this by searching "where is Holly on Breaking Bad?"

Sep 09 13 10:01 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Fair

Palm Coast, Florida, US

Jules NYC wrote:
That was some crazy shit.

All I kept thinking is this...
Walt, why are you crying now man?  You wanted to knock off Jesse, to save your family/money/what really?  You say Jesse is like family to you but you want to kill him.  Is it your f'ing pride because you can't manipulate him anymore?  Or is it because he didn't meet with you to talk?

Who are you really protecting?

You said Jesse wasn't a rat but then find out he partnered up with Hank on busting your sorry ass. Who dies?  That would be a real bitch if Hank dies.  You almost made him not able to walk anymore and even so, he walks around with the limp because of YOU.

Are you crying because Hank is there AND Jesse betrayed you?

He never cried until he got caught.

Hummmm

In last weeks episode Saul talked to Walt about getting rid of Jessie, Walt told him to never float that idea, even repeated it 2 times to make a point.

It was Jessie that told Walt at the botched mall meeting " Just a heads up to let you know I'm coming for you. I decided burning down your house was nothing. I'm going to get you where you really live."

Walt didn't want to kill Jessie until he said that.

I really really hope Hank gets killed next week.

Sep 10 13 01:02 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Kevin Fair wrote:

In last weeks episode Saul talked to Walt about getting rid of Jessie, Walt told him to never float that idea, even repeated it 2 times to make a point.

It was Jessie that told Walt at the botched mall meeting " Just a heads up to let you know I'm coming for you. I decided burning down your house was nothing. I'm going to get you where you really live."

Walt didn't want to kill Jessie until he said that.

Good observation.

... and how do you think he will do that?

Sep 10 13 04:02 am Link

Photographer

Cool Hand Mike

Jacksonville, Florida, US

Salvador Alonzo wrote:
Regardless, Jesse better not die or I'll hire Todd's crew to take out Vince, even though I'm sure Jesse is going to.

Currently looks like he's got the best chance of living between him, Hank, and Gomez.
But at this point even if he escapes he's sown his own destruction and would have to go to Alaska.

sweet gamine wrote:
Where is Holly?

Pretty sure he just sat her in the office, otherwise Jesse would probably have been like oh there is a baby in here even with the shooting situation.

Kevin Fair wrote:

Boo.

R L P wrote:
It's so obvious what's gonna happen at the beginning of next week's ep that I think ... it's not gonna happen. Don't know how but I think Hank gets away.

But Jesse? I know this ... that meth ain't gonna cook itself. I can see the nazis making Jesse an offer he can't refuse.

3 eps left.

Odds of Hank getting away aren't good. Best I can think of is he gets left for dead or captured.

Sep 10 13 05:57 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

I like Hank a lot.

You know, I was just thinking how Skyler (rightly so) got so upset when Marie stole that tiara and couldn't admit it. Then here is Skyler taking full ownership of criminal activity.

Sep 10 13 06:10 am Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

Jules NYC wrote:
Good observation.

Jesse did it, he went for him through his money, the only reason Walt did anything...

Sep 10 13 08:01 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

joeyk wrote:
Jesse did it, he went for him through his money, the only reason Walt did anything...

I agree, but there's more. Not sure what.
When he finds out he watched Jane die, there should be more.

Sep 10 13 08:12 am Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

Jules NYC wrote:

Well, in Walt's defense, I don't think she'd done any frontal topless scenes, and it was more interesting to kill her off at that point.

She was pretty destructive to everything they had going, and there was obviously some karmic fall-out to her death.

Sep 10 13 08:29 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

DougBPhoto wrote:

Well, in Walt's defense, I don't think she'd done any frontal topless scenes, and it was more interesting to kill her off at that point.

She was pretty destructive to everything they had going, and there was obviously some karmic fall-out to her death.

A good actor can play a junkie in disguise without taking her top off.
Acting is a craft.

Sep 10 13 09:04 am Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

Jules NYC wrote:

A good actor can play a junkie in disguise without taking her top off.
Acting is a craft.

LOLnevermind tongue

Sep 10 13 09:06 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

DougBPhoto wrote:
LOLnevermind tongue

I know that was a joke but come on man!

She's not Megan Fox (who really sucks as an actor).

smile

Sep 10 13 09:13 am Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

Jules NYC wrote:

I know that was a joke but come on man!

She's not Megan Fox (who really sucks as an actor).

smile

Well, I also found it funny as it is/was AMC, not Showtime/HBO.

I saw the strip club episode last week, and was surprised they drew that out as much as they did, and lost the pasties a few times, so that was kinda what I was trying to play off of.

I don't think I've ever watched a movie with Ms. "Fox" in it, but from what I have seen, I would not be terribly interested to do so.

Sep 10 13 09:25 am Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

One thing I think I am missing, was there anything noteworthy when Lydia's character was introduced?   I am not sure if I overlooked it or if she was just kinda brought in as someone who it was assumed had been there but not seen?

Sep 10 13 09:27 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

DougBPhoto wrote:
Well, I also found it funny as it is/was AMC, not Showtime/HBO.

I saw the strip club episode last week, and was surprised they drew that out as much as they did, and lost the pasties a few times, so that was kinda what I was trying to play off of.

I don't think I've ever watched a movie with Ms. "Fox" in it, but from what I have seen, I would not be terribly interested to do so.

Well I almost was an extra on BB but the casting agency already wrapped. Even playing a stripper on that show would be badass but getting a role like Jane or the new Heinsenberg (Lydia) would be damn cool.

Sep 10 13 09:28 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

DougBPhoto wrote:
One thing I think I am missing, was there anything noteworthy when Lydia's character was introduced?   I am not sure if I overlooked it or if she was just kinda brought in as someone who it was assumed had been there but not seen?

She is very important because she was the logistics mastermind/had the connects. She used her knowledge to expand the business. Almost got whacked when they found out the trackers on every barrel.

You really should have watched it from the beginning.

Sep 10 13 09:31 am Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

Jules NYC wrote:
She is very important because she was the logistics mastermind/had the connects. She used her knowledge to expand the business. Almost got whacked when they found out the trackers on every barrel.

You really should have watched it from the beginning.

At this point, I HAVE seen EVERY episode within the past month.

Yes, I know her importance, I was saying that I was unsure if I missed when she was introduced like a few episodes prior to the trackers, or when Walt goes to work for Gus or not.

I remember scenes at her work and at her apt/condo, but not sure if I missed something prior, that is what I was saying.

Even if someone watches something from the beginning, it is normal for anyone to miss something from time to time.

Edit:  Looks like she was introduced S5 E2/"Madrigal" ?

Looks like I did not miss her introduction.

Sep 10 13 09:37 am Link

Photographer

Kevin Fair

Palm Coast, Florida, US

Jules NYC wrote:

Good observation.

Like the person above said...Walt's money.

As much as I despise Hank, he came up with a kick ass way to smoke Walt out. The non existent GPS, and fake barrel of money was ingenious.

I've always thought the show was written and filmed where every detail was believable and had a meaning, but if Hank and Gomez walk away from this gun fight it will be typical Hollywood bull shit.

Hank has what I think is a Glock 17 which is a 17 round 9mm. Gomez has either a Remington or Mossberg 12 guage pump that would probably hold no more than 9 rounds.

There are six in Todd's crew. Two have pistols with between 12 to 17 rounds each , two have full auto variations of the M16 each holding 30 rounds of 5.56, the driver of the truck has a squad type heavy machine gun that would be 30 cal. and might be belt fed. The last dude has the ultimate close range weapon, the AA12 full auto 12 guage shotgun. Not sure how many rounds it holds, but I'd guess between 15 to 20.

https://www.kevinfair.com/photos/i-XKwCkMH/0/X3/i-XKwCkMH-X3.jpg

Sep 10 13 10:22 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Kevin Fair wrote:

Like the person above said...Walt's money.

As much as I despise Hank, he came up with a kick ass way to smoke Walt out. The non existent GPS, and fake barrel of money was ingenious.

I've always thought the show was written and filmed where every detail was believable and had a meaning, but if Hank and Gomez walk away from this gun fight it will be typical Hollywood bull shit.

Hank has what I think is a Glock 17 which is a 17 round 9mm. Gomez has either a Remington or Mossberg 12 guage pump that would probably hold no more than 9 rounds.

There are six in Todd's crew. Two have pistols with between 12 to 17 rounds each , two have full auto variations of the M16 each holding 30 rounds of 5.56, the driver of the truck has a squad type heavy machine gun that would be 30 cal. and might be belt fed. The last dude has the ultimate close range weapon, the AA12 full auto 12 guage shotgun. Not sure how many rounds it holds, but I'd guess between 15 to 20.

https://www.kevinfair.com/photos/i-XKwCkMH/0/X3/i-XKwCkMH-X3.jpg

Oooo

Tell me why you don't like Hank.

Sep 10 13 10:59 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

DougBPhoto wrote:
At this point, I HAVE seen EVERY episode within the past month.

Yes, I know her importance, I was saying that I was unsure if I missed when she was introduced like a few episodes prior to the trackers, or when Walt goes to work for Gus or not.

I remember scenes at her work and at her apt/condo, but not sure if I missed something prior, that is what I was saying.

Even if someone watches something from the beginning, it is normal for anyone to miss something from time to time.

Edit:  Looks like she was introduced S5 E2/"Madrigal" ?

Looks like I did not miss her introduction.

Ah ha ha

Sa'll good
On that note,

https://blogs.cio.com/sites/cio.com/files/u7727/BetterCallSaul-Banner-New-560.jpg

Sep 10 13 11:01 am Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

Jules NYC wrote:
Ah ha ha

Sa'll good
On that note,

https://blogs.cio.com/sites/cio.com/files/u7727/BetterCallSaul-Banner-New-560.jpg

He is my favorite character/portrayal in the show.

Sep 10 13 11:05 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

DougBPhoto wrote:

He is my favorite character/portrayal in the show.

I could sense that.

lol

Sep 10 13 11:08 am Link

Photographer

sweet gamine

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Cool Hand Mike wrote:
Pretty sure he just sat her in the office, otherwise Jesse would probably have been like oh there is a baby in here even with the shooting situation.

Yes, you're right. Don't know why I am thinking Jesse is in a car other than Walt's; there are just the two cars.

Sep 10 13 11:40 am Link

Photographer

Kevin Fair

Palm Coast, Florida, US

Jules NYC wrote:

Oooo

Cuase he's mean to Walt!

Sep 10 13 12:00 pm Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

Jules NYC wrote:
Oooo

While I started watching mid-way (around S3 E6) I didn't like Hank from the get-go.

Having just gone back and watched from S1 E1, wow, I TOTALLY can't stand Hank.

Granted, I don't know that he is supposed to be a liked character, like most of them he is intended to be a flawed asshole with a few human moments.

Sep 10 13 12:03 pm Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

Jules NYC wrote:

I suspect Jesse will be seeing Jane again when he crosses over...

Sep 10 13 01:45 pm Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

joeyk wrote:

I hope not

I would prefer her appearing in flashbacks or scenes to reveal new info.

After death reunions, no thank you.

Sep 10 13 01:48 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

DougBPhoto wrote:
While I started watching mid-way (around S3 E6) I didn't like Hank from the get-go.

Having just gone back and watched from S1 E1, wow, I TOTALLY can't stand Hank.

Granted, I don't know that he is supposed to be a liked character, like most of them he is intended to be a flawed asshole with a few human moments.

I think he's pretty solid, Hank. He's the good guy. I esp. liked him when he got angry when Walt was feeding his kid booze and he put a stop to that. You just see him as an asshole cop perhaps. I see his character built from the early episodes as a kind family man that does his job well.

Sep 10 13 02:02 pm Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

Jules NYC wrote:
I think he's pretty solid, Hank. He's the good guy. I esp. liked him when he got angry when Walt was feeding his kid booze and he put a stop to that. You just see him as an asshole cop perhaps. I see his character built from the early episodes as a kind family man that does his job well.

Jesus Marie!!

If you go back and look at some of the early episodes again,  that is where his character is VERY depicted as an asshole cop, and a pretty arrogant jerk.  Yes, later episodes show more humanity and caring about family, likely as he evolved through his various experiences that taught him a bit more about mortality and humanity.

Sep 10 13 02:18 pm Link

Model

JessieLeigh

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Jules NYC wrote:

If he really did his job well, it wouldn't have been a stroke of luck that ultimately resulted in him figuring out that Walt was Heisenberg.
Personally, it's Hank's ego coupled with the fact that Walt was right under his nose for SO long that makes me view Hank as a cocky, asshole cop.

Jesse and Walt Jr. are the only characters I find likable.

Sep 10 13 02:41 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Fair

Palm Coast, Florida, US

JessieLeigh wrote:
If he really did his job well, it wouldn't have been a stroke of luck that ultimately resulted in him figuring out that Walt was Heisenberg.
Personally, it's Hank's ego coupled with the fact that Walt was right under his nose for SO long that makes me view Hank as a cocky, asshole cop.

Jesse and Walt Jr. are the only characters I find likable.

Yeah it's kinda pathetic when you think if he hadn't decided to grab a book while taking a dump he would have never found out about Walt.

I've always liked Jessie, Walt, and Mike. Now that Skyler's on board I like her too.

I know Mike hated Walt, but he was still cool as hell. If he had to get killed off I'm glad it was Walt that did it instead of the law.

Saw a youtube interview thing with most of the cast of BB. Right in the middle of it Mike got up and walked off stage, a little bit later he came back and sat down with a beer. He's cool even off the show.

Sep 10 13 03:00 pm Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

Los Angeles, California, US

Jules NYC wrote:

It's all good, man.

Sep 10 13 03:24 pm Link

Model

JessieLeigh

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Kevin Fair wrote:

Yeah it's kinda pathetic when you think if he hadn't decided to grab a book while taking a dump he would have never found out about Walt.

I've always liked Jessie, Walt, and Mike. Now that Skyler's on board I like her too.

I know Mike hated Walt, but he was still cool as hell. If he had to get killed off I'm glad it was Walt that did it instead of the law.

Saw a youtube interview thing with most of the cast of BB. Right in the middle of it Mike got up and walked off stage, a little bit later he came back and sat down with a beer. He's cool even off the show.

How could I forget Mike so soon?! Definitely a favorite character of mine.

Sep 10 13 03:26 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Hank to me is not an asshole at all.
Walt is a brutal killer.

If we are talking egos, Walt's is greater than Hank's by ten miles.
Jesse is a killer too.

Every man has the choice to think for themselves.

Sep 10 13 09:14 pm Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

Jules NYC wrote:
Hank to me is not an asshole at all.
Walt is a brutal killer.

If we are talking egos, Walt's is greater than Hank's by ten miles.
Jesse is a killer too.

Every man has the choice to think for themselves.

that is why I don't blindly agree with you tongue

I wasn't saying that neither Walt nor Jesse are perfect either, nor making a comparison of body count.

I just don't like Hank, didn't from the get go, but that is just me.

Now, Todd, he's just CREEEEEEPPPYYYYY

Sep 10 13 11:08 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

DougBPhoto wrote:

that is why I don't blindly agree with you tongue

I wasn't saying that neither Walt nor Jesse are perfect either, nor making a comparison of body count.

I just don't like Hank, didn't from the get go, but that is just me.

Now, Todd, he's just CREEEEEEPPPYYYYY

You don't have to agree with me.

Sep 10 13 11:30 pm Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

Jules NYC wrote:
You don't have to agree with me.

thank you smile

I also don't need your permission not to agree with you tongue

(sorry, just being a smart ass, weird mood tonight)

Sep 10 13 11:42 pm Link

Photographer

Cool Hand Mike

Jacksonville, Florida, US

joeyk wrote:

DougBPhoto wrote:
I hope not

I would prefer her appearing in flashbacks or scenes to reveal new info.

After death reunions, no thank you.

I don't think they'd do that either, might be another hallucination like when Walt was in Tuco's truck and saw Skyler.

DougBPhoto wrote:
Jesus Marie!!

If you go back and look at some of the early episodes again,  that is where his character is VERY depicted as an asshole cop, and a pretty arrogant jerk.  Yes, later episodes show more humanity and caring about family, likely as he evolved through his various experiences that taught him a bit more about mortality and humanity.

Loveable blowhard ; that has survived 2 different occasions of having unexpected shoot outs, and is now in a 3rd.

Sep 11 13 05:56 am Link

Model

Caperucita Roja

London, England, United Kingdom

I personally think everyone will die in that shoot-out except Walt and Jesse, forcing them to have to walk home through the desert again like in the old days.

Sep 11 13 05:57 am Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

Jules NYC wrote:
He's the good guy.

Seriously? Are you watching the same show I am? He's broken as many laws as Walt...

Sep 11 13 08:17 am Link