Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > ... on watching Breaking Bad

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

Los Angeles, California, US

Jules NYC wrote:
Most likely, that's why he was crying when he said those words. He was alone.

When he says "you never listened to me" the police hear "she never cooperated with the criminal plan."

When he says "you'll end up like Hank" the police hear "if she did anything wrong it was under threat of death"

He set up her alibis very well with that call.

----------------

My guess is the last shot in the series will show Skyler picking up her first dead drop cash installment from a Walt she'll never see again.

But, I could be totally wrong.

Sep 15 13 10:40 pm Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

Jules NYC wrote:

Walt put the hit on Jesse.

If Jesse had not cooperated with Hank, none of them would have been in the desert, and Hank and his partner would be alive.

Sep 15 13 10:43 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

NothingIsRealButTheGirl wrote:

When he says "you never listened to me" the police hear "she never cooperated with the criminal plan."

When he says "you'll end up like Hank" the police hear "if she did anything wrong it was under threat of death"

He set up her alibis very well with that call.

----------------

My guess is the last shot in the series will show Skyler picking up her first dead drop cash installment from a Walt she'll never see again.

But, I could be totally wrong.

Yes I agree on the call.
Why do you think he comes back to his abandoned house (season opener)?

Sep 15 13 10:45 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

DougBPhoto wrote:

If Jesse had not cooperated with Hank, none of them would have been in the desert, and Hank and his partner would be alive.

I do get this.

If Jesse was safe then he wouldn't have needed Hank's help.

Sep 15 13 10:46 pm Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

Jules NYC wrote:

Good question. I don't know.

Sep 15 13 10:51 pm Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

It's interesting that Walt gets to walk away from Jack (or does he?) with $11 Million and no hard feelings, when he couldn't get a similar deal from Gus and had to finally kill him.

Sep 15 13 10:53 pm Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

Jules NYC wrote:

I do get this.

If Jesse was safe then he wouldn't have needed Hank's help.

and why wasn't Jesse safe?  wink

No, not that Walt was out to get him, but WHY was Walt out to get him?

People are not victims when they create the circumstances of their own demise due to not using the slightest tidbit of common sense.

Sep 15 13 10:54 pm Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

It's interesting that Walt gets to walk away from Jack (or does he?) with $11 Million and no hard feelings, when he couldn't get a similar deal from Gus and had to finally kill him.

Gus knew the electricity was going to go out and that he would not need money anymore after the Revolution.

Sep 15 13 10:56 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Well for a hitman, what an easy score without doing any of the legwork.

Sep 15 13 10:56 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

DougBPhoto wrote:

and why wasn't Jesse safe?  wink

No, not that Walt was out to get him, but WHY was Walt out to get him?

People are not victims when they create the circumstances of their own demise due to not using the slightest tidbit of common sense.

You can say the same of Walt.

Sep 15 13 10:58 pm Link

Model

Bobby Alonzo

That episode messed me up psychologically. Now I see why it's Vince's favorite of the series (and mine too).

Sep 15 13 11:06 pm Link

Model

Nicole Nu

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Tonights episode made me actually cry. sad

Did not want to see Hank die.

Sep 16 13 12:03 am Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

Jules NYC wrote:

You can say the same of Walt.

Yes, I could, but you've done a good enough job of saying so for both of us big_smile

Sep 16 13 12:06 am Link

Photographer

Kevin K

Palm Coast, Florida, US

Jules NYC wrote:

Yes I agree on the call.

To get the ricin, and possibly to get his 70+ million back.

Sep 16 13 12:07 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Kevin Fair wrote:

To get the ricin, and possibly to get his 70+ million back.

That would make proper sense, esp. how the neighbor was terrified of his appearance.

Sep 16 13 12:11 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

NicoleNudes wrote:

I did too.

Sep 16 13 12:11 am Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

NicoleNudes wrote:

I cried too, but primarily because I realized Marie will probably be the only character left standing.

Aurgh!!!

Okay, maybe it was at the fight at the house, phone call, and fire station scenes, but shhhhh tongue    Don't tell anyone and ruin my tough-guy, ass-hole image!!

Sep 16 13 12:14 am Link

Model

Nicole Nu

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Jules NYC wrote:

I did too.

This is the first time I've ever actually cried over a tv show. Like, damn.
I just started watching breaking bad like 3 weeks ago and got all caught up last night.

I actually gave myself a mini-heart attack last night because I thought that the 13th episode was the last one. I didn't know there were going to be 2-3 more episodes to watch after last weeks.

Sep 16 13 12:16 am Link

Model

Nicole Nu

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

DougBPhoto wrote:

I cried too, but primarily because I realized Marie will probably be the only character left standing.

Aurgh!!!

It's like game of thrones.

Everybody dies. D:

Sep 16 13 12:18 am Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

NicoleNudes wrote:
It's like game of thrones.

Everybody dies. D:

Wait, what yikes

*cries*

OMG, NOooooo  sad

First the hot guy on True Blood, then Breaking Bad, then Dexter, and now GoT sad

Sep 16 13 12:19 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

NicoleNudes wrote:

This is the first time I've ever actually cried over a tv show. Like, damn.
I just started watching breaking bad like 3 weeks ago and got all caught up last night.

I actually gave myself a mini-heart attack last night because I thought that the 13th episode was the last one. I didn't know there were going to be 2-3 more episodes to watch after last weeks.

What did you like about Hank to move you so?

Sep 16 13 12:21 am Link

Photographer

Kevin K

Palm Coast, Florida, US

Jules NYC wrote:
That would make proper sense, esp. how the neighbor was terrified of his appearance.

https://www.kevinfair.com/photos/i-Gk28bv4/0/L/i-Gk28bv4-L.jpg

Sep 16 13 12:24 am Link

Photographer

Kevin K

Palm Coast, Florida, US

I never liked Hank from day one.

When he got shot I was like "YEAH BITCH!"

Sep 16 13 12:28 am Link

Model

Nicole Nu

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Jules NYC wrote:
What did you like about Hank to move you so?

I donno. I just liked his character.
I guess because I normally root for the "good guys" as well.

I pretty much stopped liking Walt and wanting to take his side in things when he shot Mike. I really liked Mike too.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I feel terrible for Walt. The only reason he got into the entire thing in the first place was to try and provide for his family - which was reinforced with the start of this weeks episode. I've just stopped feeling sorry for the guy.

Sep 16 13 12:47 am Link

Model

Nicole Nu

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

DougBPhoto wrote:
Wait, what yikes

*cries*

OMG, NOooooo  sad

First the hot guy on True Blood, then Breaking Bad, then Dexter, and now GoT sad

I've never watched true blood before - so I'm thinking that I might need to get into that since Breaking Bad and Dexter and going to be gone. I'm seriously going to miss Dexter too.

Sunday nights and going to suck complete ass until Walking Dead comes back on.
And GoT, just, fuck. The way they left last season. Jerks.

Sep 16 13 12:51 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

NicoleNudes wrote:

I donno. I just liked his character.
I guess because I normally root for the "good guys" as well.

I pretty much stopped liking Walt and wanting to take his side in things when he shot Mike. I really liked Mike too.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I feel terrible for Walt. The only reason he got into the entire thing in the first place was to try and provide for his family - which was reinforced with the start of this weeks episode. I've just stopped feeling sorry for the guy.

I liked Mike too, a lot.

As for Walt, he is just mean, always was at heart.

Sep 16 13 12:57 am Link

Model

Nicole Nu

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Jules NYC wrote:

I liked Mike too, a lot.

As for Walt, he is just mean, always was at heart.

I'm stealing this from someone else who wrote it on fb - it was in response to someone else saying that Walt is an abuser.

I just completely agree with everything:

"No. It's his pent up rage: at always being the loser, the failure, the guy with a lot if potential that lost out on the girl, the company and got a job below his abilities that barely support his family that has taken over. His wife never really respected him, Hank took every opportunity to mock him. He's a tragic figure. A good man at heart whose vanity - at all costs won.
Shakespearean, really.
He's not an abuser. Thats a simple idea if a Very complex character. He's simply utterly consumed with the rage I described above. Now he has the guilt if you know who's death on his hands AND his family's lack of support. He has no choice but to make everyone fear him. In this way, he can finally get the respect he has so desperately wanted for so long. So now his family is the enemy and WW is, once again, the victim."

Sep 16 13 01:06 am Link

Photographer

GH-Photography

Jacksonville, Florida, US

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/q71/1239924_10151839975844911_1826708298_n.jpg

Sep 16 13 02:17 am Link

Photographer

Cool Hand Mike

Jacksonville, Florida, US

Jules NYC wrote:
Yes, sad. Hank was brave and honorable to me. I adore those qualities in people, esp. a man. I like 'the good guy'.

Yes, Walt said that to Jesse to hurt him. He is malicious as they come.

Walt said he wanted a quick death for Jesse and by telling about Jane he both clears his conscience and gives him something to keep him going through the torture (though the picture of Brock and Andrea helps as well).

NicoleNudes wrote:

I came pretty close with Hank's last compliment to Walt, but I had braced myself last week and figured at least 2/3 would die and at best 1 would be taken prisoner. I'd rather switch Hank and Jesse's fates.

Jules NYC wrote:

I'm sure rumors of a neighborhood meth kingpin that had a knife fight with his wife and stole his baby from her would spread pretty quickly big_smile

Sep 16 13 06:17 am Link

Photographer

Dream-foto

Chico, California, US

Why do I watch this when it's so pain full?

I was a mess last night after watching that episode.

Walt is the "everyman" I identify with him. Kicked around in life, always getting the shaft. Finally he comes up with a new plan and starts standing up for himself. Motivated by pride and wants to care for his family.  Inch by inch he gets comprised. He trys to get out, but his pride won't let him. Heck, pride is what killed Hank too.

What I love about this show, is what I learn about myself. How I root for Walt to finally succeed, but I like Hank, he is the honest (for the most part) good cop. I wanted both to win. But life isn't like that.

Did you notice the King on the chess board in the firehouse?

The above statue is of Ozymandias.
https://31.media.tumblr.com/032f7c6023dbb946522963ff4cd98008/tumblr_mt7drjyGVm1s4uwalo1_500.jpg

The king has fallen.

Sep 16 13 06:24 am Link

Photographer

Dream-foto

Chico, California, US

"Ozymandias" is a poem written by Percy Shelley about the downfall of kings -- how all people in power will eventually lose that power.
I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Shelley might as well have been writing about Walt. And Walt -- who built a meth empire worth upwards of $80 million -- has lost almost everything.

Sep 16 13 06:31 am Link

Photographer

Leo Howard

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Is it wrong that I am rooting for the bad guy ( Walt )?

I had a feeling last week that both Hank and his partner were gonna die.

now, Jesse on the other hand, I dont see them killing him because he is the only one that knows Walt's methods and recipe, I see them keeping him alive but as a cooking slave

Sep 16 13 10:02 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Cool Hand Mike wrote:
Walt said he wanted a quick death for Jesse and by telling about Jane he both clears his conscience and gives him something to keep him going through the torture (though the picture of Brock and Andrea helps as well).

I came pretty close with Hank's last compliment to Walt, but I had braced myself last week and figured at least 2/3 would die and at best 1 would be taken prisoner. I'd rather switch Hank and Jesse's fates.

I'm sure rumors of a neighborhood meth kingpin that had a knife fight with his wife and stole his baby from her would spread pretty quickly big_smile

I agree to most of this but you really think Walt told Jesse that he watched Jane die to clear his conscience?  If so how God damned selfish, which again, makes sense.  I am on the fence with that one, whether he did it to clear his broken soul or did it because Hank just died and he wanted Jesse to mentally suffer as much as possible for it.

An adolescent crying out in hyperbole, 'I will hurt you more' type of vibe.  Adults do it all the time, a contest to see who can hurt someone the most in an argument.  Then the faux apologies start rolling in.  Oh no, you certainly meant it, yes.

As for Jesse and the picture of Brock; I thought that was an unspoken threat for him to cook or they're dead.

Hank was so incredibly brave and I don't believe he wanted to book Walt for his ego.  Yes, that compliment really stuck with me.  He knew he was going to die that 10 minutes ago.  Hank, walking with his limp that he would forever have being crushed against a car from two of the most dangerous guys out there...

That is bravery.

He didn't have to compliment Walt.  Jesse, spit on Walt; that was his reaction.  Hank's true nature, even when dying, gave Walt his truth.

His eyes are so expressive, when he found out Walt was Heisenberg, when he consoled Marie for her kleptomania, when he was injured and trying to keep his pride intact ~ I just love his character.

What an actor.

P.S. Someone should start a beer company and call is Heisenberg.
German beer of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9pSVzzJ8Uk

Sep 16 13 10:05 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Dream-foto wrote:
Why do I watch this when it's so pain full?

I was a mess last night after watching that episode.

Walt is the "everyman" I identify with him. Kicked around in life, always getting the shaft. Finally he comes up with a new plan and starts standing up for himself. Motivated by pride and wants to care for his family.  Inch by inch he gets comprised. He trys to get out, but his pride won't let him. Heck, pride is what killed Hank too.

What I love about this show, is what I learn about myself. How I root for Walt to finally succeed, but I like Hank, he is the honest (for the most part) good cop. I wanted both to win. But life isn't like that.

Did you notice the King on the chess board in the firehouse?

The above statue is of Ozymandias.
https://31.media.tumblr.com/032f7c6023dbb946522963ff4cd98008/tumblr_mt7drjyGVm1s4uwalo1_500.jpg

The king has fallen.

https://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/33000313/Images/19/pst3058pink.jpg

Sep 16 13 10:13 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Dream-foto wrote:
"Ozymandias" is a poem written by Percy Shelley about the downfall of kings -- how all people in power will eventually lose that power.
I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Truly awesome you know this.

Sep 16 13 10:14 am Link

Photographer

Wicked Photos

New York, New York, US

that was wild last night.. walt is leaving for good. that kinda explains the werid opening scenes. the one where he goes back to his old house and head full of hair. what was he doing with that machine gone though??!!

Sep 16 13 10:36 am Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

Sep 16 13 10:45 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3dpghfRBHE

This is great.

You know, what a great voice he has.

Sep 16 13 11:03 am Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

Sep 16 13 11:32 am Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

Wicked Photos wrote:
what was he doing with that machine gone though??!!

Walt had some ( more ) vengeance to extract, on the Aryans, for killing Hank, and definitely for stealing his money.

On the first Talking Bad, when they asked who Walt was gonna kill with that big machine gun, he said, "A lot of people." The Aryans are all that's left to kill...

Sep 16 13 11:49 am Link