Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > DAR Critiques > First practice shot at robots

Retoucher

Angela Perez

Orlando, Florida, US

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121008/15/5073506b182a4.jpg

Oct 08 12 04:59 pm Link

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Orlando, Florida, US

It's gorgeous work.

The only criticism I can give is that the earrings appear to be out of place.  It would probably be a giant pain in the anus, but I think that removing them would keep my eye from focusing on that instead of all the clean, smooth lines you've created.

Oct 08 12 05:10 pm Link

Retoucher

Angela Perez

Orlando, Florida, US

Good Egg Productions wrote:
It's gorgeous work.

The only criticism I can give is that the earrings appear to be out of place.  It would probably be a giant pain in the anus, but I think that removing them would keep my eye from focusing on that instead of all the clean, smooth lines you've created.

Thanks

I was going to remove them because they are definitely out of place but because it was just practice and implementing the new aqcquired techniques I was like what the hell I don't want to spend more time on it lol and I didn't bother with them. but definitely once I decide to work on a real piece I will pay close attention to detail and remove things like that.

Thanks again smile

Oct 08 12 05:15 pm Link

Photographer

ColourFool

Breda, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands

I think the point is that this has the potential to be a real piece ..

Oct 08 12 05:25 pm Link

Retoucher

not here

Providence, Rhode Island, US

I don't see how the earring is out of place unless I am missing the point of where...but either way this is an awesome image. I have no complaints.

Oct 09 12 12:58 am Link

Retoucher

Mike Needham Retouching

Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom

It feels churlish even saying this, but; perhaps more specular type highlights. More plastic is what I'm thinking.

Still great edit

Oct 09 12 11:50 am Link

Digital Artist

Joe Diamond

Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania

It doesnt look realistic, and if it can be seen to this small size, bigger size would be worse. Maybe learn about light  shadows and color

Oct 14 12 07:45 am Link

Retoucher

Angela Perez

Orlando, Florida, US

OK

Oct 14 12 08:32 am Link