Forums > Photography Talk > Construction Progress Photos - Our New Studio

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

People have been asking to see photos of the construction taking place at the new San Leandro Studio.  I still have a lot of work to do, but we will be ready to open on Friday, on time.  Here are the photos:

http://photos.groupphotoshoots.com/Gall … ry=3411669

Photos 4 through 9 show the outside of the building and the inside before any construction took place.  The remaining photos show the progress as of 6PM New Year's Day.

To give you some insight, I have built a small rentable studio within the studio.  It will have it's own 10 foot wide, single wall cyclorama.  There is a big main cyc out front, large enough to handle a full-sized car.   There will also be a 10 foot wide, black cyclorama.

As you can see, we have put in a working shower and bathtub.  It is almost done, but I won't have all the finished work completed for Friday.  The plumber will finish tying it all in tomorrow. I still have to sand, do a little mud and paint it.  To the right of the bathtub will be a working laundry set.  Off to the far left is a working Jacuzzi.  The rest of the studio is filled with a variety of smaller sets that haven't been carpeted or furnished yet.  I will be doing that tomorrow.

So we went from an completely empty studio to what you see in about three weeks.  I will post photos when the entire studio is done in a couple of weeks.

Jan 01 13 06:01 pm Link

Photographer

richardsphotographybc

Langley, British Columbia, Canada

GPS Studio Services wrote:
People have been asking to see photos of the construction taking place at the new San Leandro Studio.  I still have a lot of work to do, but we will be ready to open on Friday, on time.  Here are the photos:

http://photos.groupphotoshoots.com/Gall … ry=3411669

Photos 4 through 9 show the outside of the building and the inside before any construction took place.  The remaining photos show the progress as of 6PM New Year's Day.

To give you some insight, I have built a small rentable studio within the studio.  It will have it's own 10 foot wide, single wall cyclorama.  There is a big main cyc out front, large enough to handle a full-sized car.   There will also be a 10 foot wide, black cyclorama.

As you can see, we have put in a working shower and bathtub.  It is almost done, but I won't have all the finished work completed for Friday.  The plumber will finish tying it all in tomorrow. I still have to sand, do a little mud and paint it.  To the right of the bathtub will be a working laundry set.  Off to the far left is a working Jacuzzi.  The rest of the studio is filled with a variety of smaller sets that haven't been carpeted or furnished yet.  I will be doing that tomorrow.

So we went from an completely empty studio to what you see in about three weeks.  I will post photos when the entire studio is done in a couple of weeks.

Ya, not sure it's big enough. ....lol

My ultimate studio,thanks for building it. :-)

Jan 01 13 06:12 pm Link

Photographer

AVD AlphaDuctions

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

thanks for sharing.   its work for you but you are living our dream for us smile

Jan 01 13 06:22 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Dempsey

Atlantic City, New Jersey, US

...and so what does this have to do with the photography forum????

Jan 01 13 07:51 pm Link

Photographer

Aaron Lewis Photography

Catskill, New York, US

Very nice. Is this the studio that we had a lengthy discussion about electrical stuff or what that someone else?

Jan 01 13 07:52 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Paul Dempsey wrote:
...and so what does this have to do with the photography forum????

Ummm, is that a serious question?

Jan 01 13 07:57 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Aaron Lewis Photography wrote:
Very nice. Is this the studio that we had a lengthy discussion about electrical stuff or what that someone else?

We had a discussion about my studio but I don't remember if we talked about power or not.  Power has been a big issue though and I am doing the wiring right now.   There is a lot involved.  We may have actually talked about this in the last thread.

I spent my day wiring today.

Jan 01 13 07:57 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

AVD AlphaDuctions wrote:
thanks for sharing.   its work for you but you are living our dream for us smile

Trust me, I think you want to dream about something that was a lot less work.  I just took possession of it on December 1st.  I had events in my old studio for two more weeks after that.  It took a week to get materials delivered etc, so I have only had about three weeks to get everything you see done, while still running the old studio and then moving out.

I am not sure what came over me when I made all fo those decisions, but ... the worst of it is now behind me.  I am doing wiring now, clean up tomorrow and the last stuff put away on Thursday.  I will make it so long as I am still alive!

Jan 01 13 08:00 pm Link

Photographer

Bob Helm Photography

Cherry Hill, New Jersey, US

Lot of work but looks like it will be worth it, looking forward to the photos when construction is done

Jan 01 13 08:23 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Robert Helm wrote:
Lot of work but looks like it will be worth it, looking forward to the photos when construction is done

A lot of work, nah you are imagining it.  Our first event is on Friday.  You should be able to see photos on Meetup not long after that.

The total project won't be done for about a month.  I have to slow down and take a breath.  I'll post photos as soon as it is completely finished.

Jan 01 13 09:24 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

The new studio looks great Alan!  I see that you have moved across the Bay.

Jan 01 13 11:02 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Jerry Nemeth wrote:
The new studio looks great Alan!  I see that you have moved across the Bay.

I would have stayed in the city if I could.  They passed a new parking ordinance.  Starting yesterday, all the meters downtown are now on until 10PM, 7 days a week. 

Also, they changed the parking policy for the AT&T stadium area as well. It was either going to force me to move to an area where I really didn't want to be or live with a studio with ridiculous parking issues. 

The city has become more focused on meter revenue than business and it is sad.  So yes, I moved to a central east bay location.

San Leandro was my first choice for a city because of the layout of light rail in the Bay.

Jan 02 13 06:56 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

I would have stayed in the city if I could.  They passed a new parking ordinance.  Starting yesterday, all the meters downtown are now on until 10PM, 7 days a week. 

Also, they changed the parking policy for the AT&T stadium area as well. It was either going to force me to move to an area where I really didn't want to be or live with a studio with ridiculous parking issues. 

The city has become more focused on meter revenue than business and it is sad.  So yes, I moved to a central east bay location.

San Leandro was my first choice for a city because of the layout of light rail in the Bay.

They have focused on meter revenue in Dearborn too.  The meters also generate ticket revenue.

Jan 02 13 01:25 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Jerry Nemeth wrote:
They have focused on meter revenue in Dearborn too.  The meters also generate ticket revenue.

Ummmm, tickets?  I am way too familiar with those.

Jan 02 13 02:51 pm Link

Photographer

AVD AlphaDuctions

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Ummmm, tickets?  I am way too familiar with those.

it's easier to occupy Wall Street than to attempt to occupy all the meters.  Moving out of range is the only step you can take - de-occupy the meters.

Jan 02 13 02:52 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

AVD AlphaDuctions wrote:
it's easier to occupy Wall Street than to attempt to occupy all the meters.  Moving out of range is the only step you can take - de-occupy the meters.

I will miss being in the city, but I love the new studio.

Jan 02 13 10:17 pm Link