Photographer

Minx & Fox

Palm Springs, California, US

https://25.media.tumblr.com/98142cb49e7bd1b39ae6a4d9ff9ad912/tumblr_mgfp9ueRO11qdlh1io1_400.gif

Jan 10 13 08:44 pm Link

Photographer

Andialu

San Pedro, California, US

Real

Jan 10 13 08:47 pm Link

Photographer

WCR3

Houston, Texas, US

Hard to tell at 391px × 238px, but it looks real enough to me.

Jan 10 13 08:52 pm Link

Photographer

Minx & Fox

I want to believe so to, but there is something about the people. Watch when the back of the car is near the girl. Just off. scary either way.

Jan 10 13 08:55 pm Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Real, these videos are all over youtube. Just search epic wins.

Jan 10 13 09:04 pm Link

Model

Sophia Be

Portland, Oregon, US

Holy crap, if that's real, that chic is seriously lucky

Jan 10 13 09:23 pm Link

Photographer

Minx & Fox

Sophia Be wrote:
Holy crap, if that's real, that chic is seriously lucky

Indeed!

Jan 10 13 09:44 pm Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

It looks real to me, but there is a moment when the car is spinning and the girl is in front of it that it looks "odd"

Jan 10 13 10:11 pm Link

Photographer

Minx & Fox

DougBPhoto wrote:
It looks real to me, but there is a moment when the car is spinning and the girl is in front of it that it looks "odd"

That's what I thought.

Jan 10 13 10:27 pm Link

Photographer

ArtisticPhotography

Buffalo, New York, US

If it were a fake, the details are incredible.

First off, notice that the air bags deployed. Okay, maybe someone would fake that but I don't think so.

But notice right at the end, you can see the rebound shock wave going through the roof of the van. No one would think to fake a shock wave.

Jan 10 13 10:45 pm Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

ArtisticPhotography wrote:

First off, notice that the air bags deployed. Okay, maybe someone would fake that but I don't think so.

But notice right at the end, you can see the rebound shock wave going through the roof of the van. No one would think to fake a shock wave.

I think the suggestion of a fake would be a real traffic cam video of the crash, but that the pedestrians were added later having been scripted in their reactions.

That said, that would be incredibly elaborate and to what benefit.

Jan 10 13 10:52 pm Link

Photographer

Minx & Fox

ArtisticPhotography wrote:

I feel it may be a composite. I know the accident was real.

Jan 10 13 11:45 pm Link

Photographer

Andialu

San Pedro, California, US

Nimue Elaine wrote:

I feel it may be a composite. I know the accident was real.

The blow of wind in the girls hair and getting bumped by the car makes me doubt it is a composite. The guy reacts a little early but that may be because he sees it coming out if the corner of his eye.

Jan 10 13 11:48 pm Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

Andialu wrote:

The blow of wind in the girls hair and getting bumped by the car makes me doubt it is a composite. The guy reacts a little early but that may be because he sees it coming out if the corner of his eye.

And such a gentleman, that he jumps out of the way like a little bitch, rather than trying to rescue the two he is with.... very poor form.

Jan 10 13 11:52 pm Link

Photographer

Polaroidfilm

New York, New York, US

It's real. Car trajectories, skid marks, debris flying all matches.

Jan 11 13 12:13 am Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

Polaroidfilm wrote:
It's real. Car trajectories, skid marks, debris flying all matches.

No one was saying those things were not real.

Jan 11 13 12:20 am Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

Does it appear the furthest left ( to us ) person starts jumping over the "debris" before the crash???

Jan 11 13 04:41 am Link

Photographer

Minx & Fox

joeyk wrote:
Does it appear the furthest left ( to us ) person starts jumping over the "debris" before the crash???

If I took a video of a real crash, and then made a reaction video, I could make a person jump over debris. The only thing that looks fake is the part where the back of the car is nearest the first girl. Something is way off there.

Jan 11 13 08:22 am Link

Model

Nicole Nu

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Nimue Elaine wrote:

If I took a video of a real crash, and then made a reaction video, I could make a person jump over debris. The only thing that looks fake is the part where the back of the car is nearest the first girl. Something is way off there.

I think why it looks funky is because when the car spins around the trunk actually opens and goes right over her head. I watched it a bunch of times.

That girl is beyond lucky.

Jan 11 13 08:43 am Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

Nimue Elaine wrote:

I guess someone needs to pull it into a video editing suite and look at it frame by frame.

I guess that is a good reason why at least in Portland, you're not supposed to make your turn until there is the space of a lane of traffic between your car and the pedestrian, that was not done.

Jan 11 13 09:16 am Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

joeyk wrote:

Nimue Elaine wrote:

Read my post again, he's jumping before impact...

Jan 12 13 05:06 am Link

Model

David Chevaux

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Instead of watching when the back of the van flies over head, watch her legs. You can see her left leg actually gets hit by the bumper of the van.

Jan 12 13 07:58 am Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

San Diego Country Estates, California, US

joeyk wrote:

joeyk wrote:

Read my post again, he's jumping before impact...

They all look at the van before the impact. Must be a sound that clues them in. The dude is more skittish and starts evading earlier than the girls, but still after they look to their left.

Jan 12 13 08:06 am Link

Photographer

Llobet Photography

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Nimue Elaine wrote:

I actually watched this frame by frame.
Download it and open it in Windows Media player.  You can watch frame by frame.

I agree about the back of the van kinda going through the first girls legs.  This is what would make me think this is a composite.  I think the girls were added later.

Edit: Just looked again.  I notice a reflection of the first girl on the hood of the van as it's close to the end of the spinning.  Seems like she is actually there.  If this is fake, it's pretty damn good.

Jan 12 13 11:40 am Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

I would think that if the car actually swirled into someone, coming from that direction, it would be enough to knock him/her over. He/she sort of peeled right off the side of it.

Jan 12 13 12:00 pm Link

Model

David Chevaux

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

BlueMoonPics wrote:
I actually watched this frame by frame.
Download it and open it in Windows Media player.  You can watch frame by frame.

I agree about the back of the van kinda going through the first girls legs.  This is what would make me think this is a composite.  I think the girls were added later.

Edit: Just looked again.  I notice a reflection of the first girl on the hood of the van as it's close to the end of the spinning.  Seems like she is actually there.  If this is fake, it's pretty damn good.

When I said it hit her leg, I ment that you can see her leg bend as the bumper goes "through" her leg. Then it goes back as the van comes to a stop in front of her

Jan 12 13 03:19 pm Link

Model

David Chevaux

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Koryn Locke wrote:
I would think that if the car actually swirled into someone, coming from that direction, it would be enough to knock him/her over. He/she sort of peeled right off the side of it.

Not necessarily. The van came to a stop where it did and she had her momentum already moving forward, put the two together and you get the "roll" off that she did.

Jan 12 13 03:22 pm Link

Photographer

Lumatic

Brooklyn, New York, US

Seems legit to me.

Jan 12 13 03:46 pm Link

Photographer

Minx & Fox

I wonder if the closest girl to the car was added later.

Jan 12 13 04:04 pm Link

Photographer

Kincaid Blackwood

Los Angeles, California, US

Fake as a fuck.

But it's good.  Kids in first year motion media and CGI classes at universities will learn how to do this.  Depending on how detail oriented you are you can pull off effects which give people pause (like this).  I don't believe in its authenticity but I'll grant it that it's well-done.

Jan 12 13 05:29 pm Link

Model

Kitty LaRose

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Whatever it was, I'm glad it wasn't me! yikes

Jan 12 13 06:04 pm Link

Model

Nicole Nu

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

My bf found the full video on youtube. Don't think it's fake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxZf-r9b … r_embedded

Jan 15 13 06:36 pm Link

Photographer

Minx & Fox

NicoleNudes wrote:
My bf found the full video on youtube. Don't think it's fake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxZf-r9b … r_embedded

scary

Jan 15 13 06:51 pm Link