Forums > General Industry > has this site died!?

Photographer

idollphamine

Los Angeles, California, US

i have had some photos up for over 1 month - and no one has looked at them? has this site died? - or does no one like photography ?

Jan 12 13 11:22 am Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

Syowa - permanent station of Japan, Sector claimed by Norway, Antarctica

Yes.

If you want people to see your pic, either participate in the forums, or in shout wink

Use your networking skills.

Post on other peoples work, tag them, friend them.  Do something to make yourself seen.

Jan 12 13 11:24 am Link

Photographer

ontherocks

Salem, Oregon, US

i've always figured that the photos will get the most attention in the model's portfolios.

if you want attention for yours i think you have to beg for it on the home page or run around commenting/listing in hope of reciprocation. or show lots of hooha!

i like your work, just wish there was more on display.

Jan 12 13 11:25 am Link

Model

Jordan Bunniie

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

Simply putting photos up and expecting people to find you wont bring results. You have to promote yourself.

Photographer

Kev Lawson

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Yes get social... then people will see you. If you just hide in the corner and hope someone finds you using the browse feature you wont get much traffic.

Photographer

Kev Lawson

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Jordan Bunniie wrote:
Simply putting photos up and expecting people to find you wont bring results. You have to promote yourself.

I am still waiting for that Florida travel notice wink

/off topic

Jan 12 13 11:27 am Link

Model

Jordan Bunniie

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

UltimateAppeal wrote:

I am still waiting for that Florida travel notice wink

/off topic

big_smile Im working on it soon!
/threadjack for good

Jan 12 13 11:31 am Link

Model

Stray Kat

Morris, Illinois, US

Marketing, Marketing, Marketing!!!!

Jan 12 13 11:44 am Link

Photographer

AJ_In_Atlanta

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Well I started at the first member and will get to all 700,000+ very very soon to see your images...

Seriously hundreds of thousands of people add and update images all the time on this site.  You have to let people know by being an active member of the site

Jan 12 13 11:45 am Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

You have to post a lot, stay active on the forums, and make an effort to try to shoot with members of the MM community, if you really want to get a lot of use out of the site.

Jan 12 13 11:45 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

I looked at several of your images as commented on one.

I notice that you don't credit your models.  They would like to network also.

Jan 12 13 11:47 am Link

Photographer

John Carman

San Francisco, California, US

Your work should get looked at. It's damn good.

Jan 12 13 11:48 am Link

Photographer

Fotografica Gregor

Alexandria, Virginia, US

It's just like putting up content *anywhere* on the internet -

if no one knows it's there, it won't be seen

you have to inform people of your sites existence, and give them a reason to want to check it out

marketing 101

Jan 12 13 11:53 am Link

Photographer

EA Photographics

Reading, Pennsylvania, US

Yes, the site has died.  You are not really here and none of this is really happening.

Jan 12 13 11:53 am Link

Body Painter

BodyPainter Rich

Sacramento, California, US

When you joined this site was MUCH smaller and it was easier to get seen. Now, the site is MUCH larger (and has seen much of this growth outside of the US).

If you want to be seen, you need to participate, that or have lots of people talking about how great you are and doing your networking for you.

Jan 12 13 11:58 am Link

Photographer

C h a r l e s D

Los Angeles, California, US

1 post and you're complaining nobody can find you.  Lovely.
Nice "Look at MEEEEE" thread.

Post on the Main Page Announcements section every fifteen minutes if you want traffic to your portfolio.  Set up a bot to do it automatically.

Jan 12 13 11:59 am Link

Photographer

Bravo Magic Images

Temple City, California, US

Bring the site back to life if you feel it has died.

Jan 12 13 11:59 am Link

Photographer

Yan Tan Tethera

Biggleswade, England, United Kingdom

AJScalzitti wrote:
Well I started at the first member and will get to all 700,000+ very very soon to see your images...

Seriously hundreds of thousands of people add and update images all the time on this site.  You have to as let people know by being an active member of the site

That's all well and good but the truth is that in the UK MM is nothing to what it was two years ago. The last three models that I worked with are on Purestorm and Purpleport.

MM is going the way of Jessops as far as my network is concerned.

I still love this site but it has little relevance to the UK people I am talking with.

More importantly, it just diesn't work often enough to be relevant to young UK models.

There are a small bunch of about 50 people keeping Netmodel alive. It will be the same with MM very soon.

Jan 12 13 12:05 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I just looked at them ( but not individually though )

Jan 12 13 12:07 pm Link

Model

Koryn

EA Photographics wrote:
Yes, the site has died.  You are not really here and none of this is really happening.

lol

Jan 12 13 12:07 pm Link

Model

Leone P

Batley, England, United Kingdom

I agree with everybody else, network!
I looked at your portfolio and love it! Fab work!

Jan 12 13 12:08 pm Link

Photographer

Kyle T Edwards

St Catharines, Ontario, Canada

The others are right.  You have to remember where you are - this is a site run and populated by people who, in one aspect or another, are all linked to photographs.  Yeah, we like seeing good photos, but there isn't exactly a glut of them, here.  This isn't a Jade Monkey search - we don't need to go looking too hard to get our fix.

Get active in the forums, get your name out there, and you'll start seeing a lot more traffic!

AJScalzitti wrote:

Seriously hundreds of thousands of people add and update images all the time on this site.  You have to let people know by being an active member of the site

Well, that makes me feel better.  I was wondering why you hadn't gotten around to my photos yet.  I was starting to think you didn't like me anymore! https://mms.ibsrv.net/images/smilies/lol.png

Jan 12 13 12:13 pm Link

Photographer

AJ_In_Atlanta

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Yan Tan Tethera wrote:

That's all well and good but the truth is that in the UK MM is nothing to what it was two years ago. The last three models that I worked with are on Purestorm and Purpleport.

I still love this site but it has little relevance to the UK people I am talking with.

More importantly, it just diesn't work often enough to be relevant to young UK models.

There are a small bunch of about 50 people keeping Netmodel alive. It will be the same with MM very soon.

That is dissapointig, not the Jessops part mind you just the MM part...

Jan 12 13 12:13 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

The site is not dead, but a major portion of the ports are, not having any activity in a year or more!:-(

Jan 12 13 12:16 pm Link

Photographer

Yan Tan Tethera

AJScalzitti wrote:

That is dissapointig, not the Jessops part mind you just the MM part...

My very first casting on MM five years ago got an abundance of responses. My last one got five.

Jan 12 13 12:20 pm Link

Model

Russian Katarina

London, England, United Kingdom

EA Photographics wrote:

I see dead profiles.

https://www.nordinho.net/vbull/attachments/image-games/51668d1311322157-spot-similarity-movie_i_see_dead_people.jpg

Seriously though, only 160.000 out of the 730.000 active profiles here have been online in the last two weeks - what I'd count as bare minimum "active". That's just little over 20 %. Given that new # IDs are almost up to a 3 million figure, this means only 6 % of the people who signed up for this site since its inception are active anymore.

Jan 12 13 12:21 pm Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

idollphamine wrote:
i have had some photos up for over 1 month - and no one has looked at them? has this site died? - or does no one like photography ?

Wow -- way to alienate everybody on your very first post!

Listen -- if you want people to visit your portfolio, learn how to participate on this site, with constructive posts on this forum, announcements, maybe casting calls, etc.

Speaking personally, I'm not overly interested in views & comments.  If I cared about that stuff, I'd be motivated to create what I'd call "lowest denominator" images (i.e. images that appeal to the widest base) -- I'd rather focus on my own aesthetic choices, and I'm trying to develop my own vision, which may or may not have widespread appeal.

Model

Sabine Luise

Usually, I look at photos through the shout outs, if I like their avatar on the forum, or members who are friends with me on the site.

I usually get feedback when I do a shout out, or if I am friends with the person. Plus, I pay the fee so my picture must show up on the top periodically. Some have found me through a look up too.

Photographer

Yan Tan Tethera

Looknsee Photography wrote:

Wow -- way to alienate fifty people max, most of them In the US on your very first post.

Jan 12 13 12:25 pm Link

Photographer

R Michael Walker

Costa Mesa, California, US

It seems less active to me in that I get less comments and tags than I used to and yes I am promoting my page in announcements, the forums and even on FB. But it's probably because I don't shoot T&A, erotica or "fashion nudies", and that the site is much larger than it used to be so there is more content to look at. Of course models will always get the lion's share of those hits becasue..well..they're why most of us are here.

As for models looking at your work, I find they fall into the following categories in MY experience. First, Glamour and Nude models looking for $$. Secondly, girls lacking fashion stats looking for fashion photographers to shoot for their portfolio. Then there are those who look at the work as they would a magazine or book and enjoy it. Some leave notes, some don't. But I appreciate them either way. Lastly, and what I strive to attract, are the ones who want to be a part of creating strong images regardless of immediate finical gains. My hope is to attract more of that type and I've been pretty successful doing that over the years on this site. As long as that continues I'll stick around. I think it's well worth the time invested here.

Jan 12 13 12:39 pm Link

Model

Nicole Nu

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Gryph wrote:
Do something to make yourself seen.

Yup

Jan 12 13 12:43 pm Link

Photographer

Amul La La

London, England, United Kingdom

You'll have had a bit of traffic now. yikes

Jan 12 13 12:46 pm Link

Photographer

AG_Boston

EA Photographics wrote:

Ahhhh! Blue pill, red pill!

Jan 12 13 12:56 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

I started a Marketing Consultation business a month ago and nobody is calling. I haven't done any marketing, advertising or initiated contact with potential clients in any way.

What is wrong with these people?

Jan 12 13 01:07 pm Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

Syowa - permanent station of Japan, Sector claimed by Norway, Antarctica

NicoleNudes wrote:

Yup

Crap, I've been seen lol

Jan 12 13 01:09 pm Link

Photographer

Heels and Hemlines

Southern Pines, North Carolina, US

idollphamine wrote:
has this site died?

Yes. Welcome to the MM afterlife. I am afraid we don't have any angel wings for you -- those are frowned upon here -- but at least we have plenty of beautiful naked women for you to look at, so it is somewhat like the heaven you were promised.

Jan 12 13 01:19 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

GoldRoseMedia wrote:

Yes. Welcome to the MM afterlife. I am afraid we don't have any angel wings for you -- those are frowned upon here -- but at least we have plenty of beautiful naked women for you to look at, so it is somewhat like the heaven you were promised.

Not exactly 72 Virgins...but it'll do.

Jan 12 13 01:22 pm Link

Hair Stylist

Platform Artist

Chicago, Illinois, US

idollphamine wrote:

its been dead! and its starting to smell kind of funky!

Jan 12 13 01:47 pm Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

Looknsee Photography wrote:

Yan Tan Tethera wrote:
Wow -- way to alienate fifty people max, most of them In the US on your very first post.

I don't understand this response.

Jan 12 13 02:08 pm Link

Photographer

Hugh Alison

Aberystwyth, Wales, United Kingdom

Yan Tan Tethera wrote:

It depends on your shooting style, and what you shoot, which of the sites suits you best.

The models I want to work with are all on MM.

Jan 12 13 02:15 pm Link