Message (Mood, Feeling)
Technique

Thanks,

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130113/11/50f307b79f320.jpg

Jan 13 13 11:21 am Link

Photographer

Ted W

Portland, Oregon, US

I like the overall image. But the white space on the left can be distracting. Traditionally an image should leave more space on the side the model faces. I think some creative shots can break the rule to make it more interesting. In this case there is nothing on the left and makes it more a distraction.

Jan 13 13 09:54 pm Link

Photographer

The Gross Bite

Lansing, Michigan, US

Ted Wen wrote:
But the white space on the left can be distracting. Traditionally an image should leave more space on the side the model faces. I think some creative shots can break the rule to make it more interesting. In this case there is nothing on the left and makes it more a distraction.

+1 with this ^__^.

Overall, it has a very posed, formal and definitely 'dated' vibe... which I presume is what you were going for.
Not exactly my kind of image though. I'd never expect to see her sitting like that. Certainly not while watching Oprah... and who wears hats with veils anymore?

Jan 13 13 10:02 pm Link

Photographer

AYC Photo

Seattle, Washington, US

I agree, the negative space on the left feels funny. I love the detail on the dress, wish I saw more in the chest area. I also would have liked to see the entire left hand. The dress covers the fingers.

Jan 13 13 11:13 pm Link

Photographer

Light Writer

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Thank you for your responses!

Jan 14 13 08:14 am Link

Photographer

Digital Photo PLUS

Lorton, Virginia, US

I'm liking everything about this picture but I'm not sure of the meaning and feel of the pose. Too weird to be natural, not weird enough to be juxtaposing the elegant, old fashioned styling.

Jan 15 13 07:32 pm Link

Photographer

DVP Photography

Broomfield, Colorado, US

Excellent!

Jan 15 13 08:57 pm Link

Photographer

MC OConnor

Asbury Park, New Jersey, US

The tones are rich and wonderful... it's well composed and the lines are great.

Stunning photo.  Best I've seen on MM in a while.  Maybe ever.

Jan 15 13 09:34 pm Link