Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Tuesday at 1pm Eastern I'm scheduled for surgery

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Would those of you who believe in good karma or positive vibes or God or just good thoughts favor me with a kind thought around that time of day please.

It is easy peezy surgery. I'm having skin grafts on  a pretty large area of my lower right leg. The skin will be harvested from my right thigh.

I have had this done before several times to say the least. They always fail due to blood flow (venous stasis being the medical term).

The tough part is the area where they take the skin, the donor harvest site will be a 2nd degree burn. I have a large mess on my leg so the donor site will be big and extremely painful for a couple of weeks.

I've had this done lots of times. I have to confess I am getting worn out by it all. So, prayers and kind thoughts will really help me deal right now and during the recovery.

Thank you so much!

Tim

P.S.  I know there are some people have the opinion "pictures or it isn't real". I have some pictures from when the leg was a little better than it is now in my Flickr account. They are gross so I won't post a direct link. But anyone who feels they need to see what I'm dealing with can message me and I will PM the link.

Thank you all for your emotional support, I love you guys!

Jan 27 13 04:15 pm Link

Photographer

MMR Creative Services

Doylestown, Pennsylvania, US

Best regards.

Mark

Jan 27 13 04:18 pm Link

Model

E e v a

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I wish you good luck. I just had surgery on my shoulder, and it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. You've said you had this surgery many times, but I hope this particular one is a little easier for you then the one's in your past.

I'll keep you in my thoughts though.

Jan 27 13 04:21 pm Link

Photographer

Frozen Moments

San Antonio, Texas, US

You will be in my Prayers. I hope everything goes well for you.

Jan 27 13 04:25 pm Link

Photographer

Accidental Plateau

Brooklyn, New York, US

Best wishes.

Jan 27 13 04:27 pm Link

Photographer

i c e c o l d

Fort Myers, Florida, US

Stay strong Tim...

Jan 27 13 04:30 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Thank you all very much. This community has always been very kind to me, and to others as well. Thank you!

Jan 27 13 04:31 pm Link

Photographer

Ralph Easy

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Wishing the best outcome and quick recovery.

Jan 27 13 04:32 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Tim Little Photography wrote:
P.S.  I know there are some people have the opinion "pictures or it isn't real". I have some pictures from when the leg was a little better than it is now in my Flickr account. They are gross so I won't post a direct link. But anyone who feels they need to see what I'm dealing with can message me and I will PM the link.

Unless you like looking at really horrific images, save your time. Tim is the real deal, and that's a fact, jack!

Tim - good luck and may all the good vibes available in the universe be directed your way. Assumes lotus position and hums  Oooooooommmmmmmmm! Get well soon!

Jan 27 13 04:36 pm Link

Photographer

lynden

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

You'll be in my thoughts, Tim.  Wishing you the best possible recovery.

Jan 27 13 04:37 pm Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

Good luck Tim.

Jan 27 13 04:51 pm Link

Model

Misty R H

Anaheim, California, US

Good luck Tim.  That does sound painful.  Take it easy during recovery and let other people take care of you so you can concentrate on recovery.

Jan 27 13 04:54 pm Link

Photographer

Gianantonio

Turin, Piemonte, Italy

Would those of you who believe in good karma or positive vibes or God or just good thoughts favor me with a kind thought around that time of day please.

It is easy peezy surgery. I'm having skin grafts on  a pretty large area of my lower right leg. The skin will be harvested from my right thigh.

I have had this done before several times to say the least. They always fail due to blood flow (venous stasis being the medical term).

The tough part is the area where they take the skin, the donor harvest site will be a 2nd degree burn. I have a large mess on my leg so the donor site will be big and extremely painful for a couple of weeks.

I've had this done lots of times. I have to confess I am getting worn out by it all. So, prayers and kind thoughts will really help me deal right now and during the recovery.

Thank you so much!

Tim

Good luck, Tim.

Jan 27 13 06:49 pm Link

Photographer

EdwardKristopher

Tempe, Arizona, US

Thank you so much!

Tim

Tim,

A few years back My Wife went down on her bike and had to have skin grafts done and spent about a month in the burn ward, so I truly don't envy what you are going through!

I wish you All the Best and hope this is the last time you'll have to go through this!

Kindest regards,
Edward

Jan 27 13 07:00 pm Link

Photographer

Tropic Light

Kailua, Hawaii, US

Wishes for success and a speedy healing process.  smile

Jan 27 13 07:07 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

I don't know how to say thank you big enough for what you all mean to me. I got blown up at age 12. So skin grafts and hospitals have always been a part of my life. Still, a person gets tired. Gets scared sometimes. These are the kind of things that make "real world" family and friends get compassion fatigue. Soon you find yourself dealing with it all pretty much alone.

Thank you for caring. I get so lonely sometimes but you guys have always cared and held my hand.  With you guys this is going to be a cake walk. I'll be back home by Friday and I'll be one step closer to fine.

Thank you. A million times over, thank you.

Jan 27 13 07:33 pm Link

Photographer

Rick Edwards

Wilmington, Delaware, US

thoughts your way

Jan 27 13 07:35 pm Link

Model

Lisa Andresen

Abingdon, Illinois, US

Lifting you up in prayer.

Jan 27 13 07:56 pm Link

Photographer

Virtual Studio

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

The very best of luck to you.

I really hope it goes well for you!

Much love.

Jan 27 13 07:59 pm Link

Photographer

Llobet Photography

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

I heard a statistic once that those who go into hospitals with people praying for them do worse than those who don't have people praying for them.

Sooo...
I won't be praying for you. wink

I just hope you get better.  We're all rooting for you!

Jan 27 13 08:06 pm Link

Photographer

Bob Bentley Photography

Westcliffe, Colorado, US

OUCH! I so want you to get and be healthy. God Bless.

Zing

Jan 27 13 08:12 pm Link

Photographer

Wildcat Photography

Valparaiso, Indiana, US

Best wishes!

Wildcat

Jan 27 13 08:14 pm Link

Model

Model MoRina

MacMurdo - permanent station of the US, Sector claimed by New Zealand, Antarctica

You're a trooper.  Good luck to you and I hope this goes well for you!

Jan 27 13 09:02 pm Link

Photographer

SKPhoto

Newark, California, US

Thoughts and prayers.

Jan 27 13 09:14 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Are you a candidate for a skin cell gun?

Jan 27 13 10:03 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

In my thoughts buddy.

Jan 27 13 10:53 pm Link

Photographer

Light Writer

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Good Luck, and Best Wishes!

Jan 27 13 10:54 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada

Thank you so much!

Tim

I wish ye a speedy recovery.

Jan 27 13 11:43 pm Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

Sending my best wishes for a successful graft, and a smooth, speedy recovery smile

Jan 27 13 11:54 pm Link

Model

S. Stark

Los Angeles, California, US

Thoughts your way!

Jan 27 13 11:58 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Fair

Palm Coast, Florida, US

Hope things work out well for you.

Good thought in your general direction Tim.

Jan 28 13 12:02 am Link

Photographer

L o n d o n F o g

London, England, United Kingdom

Best wishes from across the pond Tim!

Jan 28 13 12:23 am Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

Kinda overcast tonight in Portland, Tim, but as I was looking up at the sky a few minutes ago, a sudden clearing allowed a single star to peek through the clouds for a few seconds.

I made a wish upon it for ya.

Hang in there, and hope all goes well for you.

Jan 28 13 12:39 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Nemi wrote:
Are you a candidate for a skin cell gun?

Hi Nemi. Thanks for your interests. No, the skin cell gun is awesome for fresh burns. In my case I have very poor blood flow causing the skin that is there to rot and die. There is no blood flow at the superficial, top layer level. So, what we do is go though various programs at the Advanced Wound Care center to enhance oxygen supply and then do a graft to take advantage of that. After the graft is stable, about a week, I'll do hyperbaric oxygen chamber therapy to max out oxygen saturation at the capillary level!

Jan 28 13 01:56 am Link

Photographer

Photos 4 The Memories

Kewaskum, Wisconsin, US

Tim I sent you a message. Not sure if you got it or not.

Jan 28 13 02:34 am Link

Model

ElisAbEtH

Charleston, West Virginia, US

Prayers headed your way. I hope it's smooth sailing!

Jan 28 13 03:03 am Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

*sends good vibes*

Jan 28 13 03:06 am Link

Model

Russian Katarina

London, England, United Kingdom

I wanted to wish you best of luck for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!

A good friend of mine has a severely burnt hand, it's a very slow and painful process to repair the damage and regain mobility, one skin graft at a time.

Jan 28 13 06:45 am Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Hi Nemi. Thanks for your interests. No, the skin cell gun is awesome for fresh burns. In my case I have very poor blood flow causing the skin that is there to rot and die. There is no blood flow at the superficial, top layer level. So, what we do is go though various programs at the Advanced Wound Care center to enhance oxygen supply and then do a graft to take advantage of that. After the graft is stable, about a week, I'll do hyperbaric oxygen chamber therapy to max out oxygen saturation at the capillary level!

Thanks for your thorough answer. smile Best of luck to you on your next procedure.

Jan 28 13 10:45 am Link

Model

Bella la Bell

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Hugs and good luck!

Jan 28 13 11:42 am Link