Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Model medical care w/o instigate investigation?

Photographer

FFantastique

Orlando, Florida, US

The longer title (that won't fit) in the subject line is:
How does a model get medical care without instigating an investigation as to the perpetrator?

There is person within our MM community who has been physically attacked and self reports that medical attention is needed.

How does this person obtain the medical attention they need without causing an investigation that might get the perp evicted?--which is deemed undesirable!

[standby]

----
UPDATE:
Completer [sic] version can be found at:

https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thre … st19015849

Jul 16 14 07:32 pm Link

Body Painter

Monad Studios

Santa Rosa, California, US

What is preventing the model from getting medical care?  Cost?  A fear that a nurse or doctor will report something?

Jul 16 14 07:37 pm Link

Model

Alabaster Crowley

Tucson, Arizona, US

I'm assuming this is sexual assault.

As far as I know, you can get medical attention, and it's entirely up to you if you press charges or not.

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Orlando, Florida, US

FFantastique wrote:
How does a model get medical care without instigating an investigation as to the perpetrator?

There is person within our MM community who has been physically attacked and self reports that medical attention is needed.

How does this person obtain the medical attention they need without causing an investigation that might get the perp evicted?--which is deemed undesirable!

[standby]

As I understand it, it is on the person that was injured to press charges if their injuries were caused by another person. 

I'm not a LEO, and I would assume that if the injuries are obvious and severe, the medical professionals have an obligation to involve the law for an investigation. 

The bigger problem is obvious, though.

Model

Alabaster Crowley

Tucson, Arizona, US

Good Egg Productions wrote:
I'm not a LEO, and I would assume that if the injuries are obvious and severe, the medical professionals have an obligation to involve the law for an investigation.

Yeah, I guess if it was like a gunshot or a beating, they would investigate.

Jul 16 14 07:38 pm Link

Body Painter

Monad Studios

Santa Rosa, California, US

Maybe a local crisis hotline would be a good place to seek advice?

Jul 16 14 07:44 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

FFantastique wrote:

[standby]

It's really hard to take your post seriously. Said person needs medical attention but relies on you to post how to get help on MM? For several reasons your post reads like BS.

Jul 16 14 07:47 pm Link

Model

Alabaster Crowley

Tucson, Arizona, US

Lohkee wrote:

It's really hard to take your post seriously. Said person needs medical attention but relies on you to post how to get help on MM?

Would you want to ask yourself?

Jul 16 14 07:50 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Alabaster Crowley wrote:

Would you want to ask yourself?

Please clarify your question.

Jul 16 14 07:52 pm Link

Model

Alabaster Crowley

Tucson, Arizona, US

Lohkee wrote:

Please clarify your question.

If you were assaulted, would you want to publicly post asking for help, or would you rather a friend do it for you so you stay anonymous?

Jul 16 14 08:00 pm Link

Photographer

Ken Warren Photography

GLENMOORE, Pennsylvania, US

FFantastique wrote:

[standby]

If the injuries are severe (cuts requiring stitches, possible broken bones, etc.), go to an emergency room, if not severe then a primary care physician or clinic. There may be a police investigation depending on the type of injury. Protecting the perp is counterproductive; assault is rarely an isolated incident and protecting the perp just keeps them around to assault again.

Jul 16 14 08:14 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Alabaster Crowley wrote:

If you were assaulted, would you want to publicly post asking for help, or would you rather a friend do it for you so you stay anonymous?

The OP has all of the classic hallmarks of a hoax/troll/BS (bad shit happening with no specifics at all).

But, just for the hell of it -

Vic has physical damage to their person that needs medical attention. Call 911 (Duh).

Vic has emotional damage (say sexual assault), call 911 (again, Duh).

Vic has some kind of physical/emotional damage that needs medical attention but is more concerned about the perp being evicted if an investigation ensues? Alrighty then. Sounds like the vic **is** the problem.

Make sense?

Jul 16 14 08:20 pm Link

Model

Alabaster Crowley

Tucson, Arizona, US

Lohkee wrote:

The OP has all of the classic hallmarks of a hoax/troll/BS (bad shit happening with no specifics at all).

But, just for the hell of it -

Vic has physical damage to their person that needs medical attention. Call 911 (Duh).

Vic has emotional damage (say sexual assault), call 911 (again, Duh).

Vic has some kind of physical/emotional damage that needs medical attention but is more concerned about the perp being evicted if an investigation ensues? Alrighty then. Sounds like the vic **is** the problem.

Make sense?

You call 911 for emotional problems? Okay.

Jul 16 14 08:21 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Alabaster Crowley wrote:
You call 911 for emotional problems? Okay.

If I feel the need for medical attention of any kind, I most certainly would. Why? Because first responders know best how to get you the help you need ASAP. It's their job.

Jul 16 14 08:25 pm Link

Model

Alabaster Crowley

Tucson, Arizona, US

Lohkee wrote:

If I feel the need for medical attention of any kind, I most certainly would. Why? Because first responders know best how to get you the help you need. It's their job.

Calling 911 for non-emergencies is a waste of time and resources.

End thread jack.

Jul 16 14 08:26 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Alabaster Crowley wrote:
Calling 911 for non-emergencies is a waste of time and resources.

End thread jack.

Needing medical attention after being (according to the OP - physically attacked) is not an emergency? Good to know.

Jul 16 14 08:27 pm Link

Model

Alabaster Crowley

Tucson, Arizona, US

Lohkee wrote:
Needing medical attention is not an emergency? Good to know.

Uh... no. Not everything needing medical attention is an emergency. Do you have a general practitioner, or do you call 911 for every single injury or ailment you have?

Clever edit. You weren't even talking about the OP before.

Jul 16 14 08:31 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Alabaster Crowley wrote:

Uh... no. Not everything needing medical attention is an emergency. Do you have a general practitioner, or do you call 911 for every single injury or ailment you have?

Clearly, you did not read or understand the OP. Go back to the top and then get back to me.

Simply stated, the OP sounds like BS.

The vic (supposedly) was physically attacked and needs medical attention. How hard is this for you to answer? Seriously?

Jul 16 14 08:35 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Alabaster Crowley wrote:

Clever edit. You weren't even talking about the OP before.

Ummmmm, yes, I was, and there was no edit. Try again.

ETA: My bad. I did edit one post to include "physically attacked" because you seem to have lost that part of the story.

Jul 16 14 08:36 pm Link

Model

Alabaster Crowley

Tucson, Arizona, US

Lohkee wrote:
Clearly, you did not read or understand the OP. Go back to the top and then get back to me.

Simply stated, the OP sounds like BS.

The vic (supposedly) was physically attacked and needs medical attention. How hard is this for you to answer? Seriously?

You're being a dickhole.

Report me.

https://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Beyonce-Waving-and-Smiling-On-Stage-Gif.gif

Jul 16 14 08:47 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Alabaster Crowley wrote:

You're being a dickhole.

Report me.

smile

Chuckles. Is it me or you? I'm thinking you. Why? Because you have nothing to say and must resort to calling names. Mirror, mirror, on the wall. . . . .

Jul 16 14 08:49 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Bots

Kingston, Ontario, Canada

So I would read this as model was "damaged" by significant other / roommate  in such a way that medical attention is needed (loose teeth, cracked ribs, broken facial bones, etc), lives in a mandatory arrest for domestic violence jurisdiction, and doesn't want to make a fuss because of shared rent costs / LOVE   and actually believes that the relationship will change / improve and this sort of thing won't ever happen again.

Doesn't work that way.

This was just round one.
Round 2 will happen next time "other" is either drunk, high, ticked off, tired, team lost the big game, bad day at work, or whatever other pathetic excuse suffices.
It doesn't get better.

It's just the discovery of their true character.

Advice --->     Get out now.  If there is an investigation so be it.
                               There is a reason why those policies were put in place.

Jul 16 14 08:54 pm Link

Photographer

Pictures of Life

Spokane, Washington, US

In most states suspected child abuse and 'assaults' are mandatory reporting by ED staff, along with a few highly communicable disease. (Suspected elder abuse reporting is mandatory in many sates also.) Assaults that trigger mandatory reporting are generally thought of as knife and gunshot wounds. It's kinda up to the ED staff, and the practitioner. They can report anything, but that doesn't mean the Victim/patient has to provide any info. For serious stuff generally the police show up to take a statement, but it's still freedom of speech, or silence. The ED staff thinking they have to report something does NOT mean the Vic has to say anything. (Suspected child/elder abuse is different.)
     For less serious stuff generally the staff will ask if the Vic wants to report, and only call the police if the Vic wants. Basically if it's obvious you need to call 911, you're bleeding all over, it will get reported, unless you give a convincing cover story. If there is any doubt about needing to go to the ED, you ain't dying, it will only get reported if you want. YMMV

BTW Calling 911 for emotional distress ??? IF you think the lights and sirens, EMS providers who have to do their thing, check the boxes, make the decisions based on their liability, are not going to fix any of your problems, and dump you on the closest ED is going to sooth your problems,,,, good luck with that. And the $1000 bill on top of your other distress.

Jul 16 14 08:59 pm Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Orlando, Florida, US

My apologies for posting half baked post but I got a call from a Landmark coach and knew it wasn't going to be a quick call and it was overlapped with a call from an MD since time is of the essence, I thought I'd post it and revise and update later--because no one would read it for a while anyway. WRONG! LOL.

I'm the OP and I'm going to detract from my own post by layering on this profile as background to the current case.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/200224

As a photographer and as a human, I have an interest in protecting the people of the planet in general and photographic subjects in particular.

I learned that there is a cycle and that often it's very hard for those caught in the cycle to escape! It's very easy for us on the outside to say and shout: "JUST GET OUT--isn't it obvious to you that this is not safe?" Doesn't seem to penetrate.

For whatever reasons, amazingly/surprisingly the victim wishes to protect the perpetrator! We live in a free country and are free to pursue happiness...if model wishes to remain silent about what happened, I wish to support the right to remain silent. Anyone who has been in substantive relationships--good &/or bad, knows that they can be COMPLICATED!

Shedding light on the incident will inevitably have a spillover onto aspects of the relationship that will not put the victim in best light. Barn doors and _____[I forgot the word for the honeycomb shaped devices of various measures of fineness that target light] won't be able keep light solely on the pounding model took. Hence the desire to just black out the entire incident.

Yet, there remains a self-report need for some level of medical intervention.

Yes, I've contacted 211, Protective Services, Sheriff's office, Safe Harbor, etc. ad nauseam.

No, I'm still not revealing all the details and moving parts because I wish to protect the privacy of the "patient."

*** But the bottom line question I'm focusing on today is: How does one obtain the medical intervention WITHOUT invoking mandatory reporting? ***

[I'll worry about cycle of violence later].

The MD gave me this website to peruse:
http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/i … lence.html

Hope this adequately clarifies the matter so that the MM community can respectfully and professionally address the real issue sans ad hominem attacks.

Let me read all the posts and I'll add clarifying posts PRN.

Jul 16 14 09:22 pm Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Orlando, Florida, US

Monad Studios wrote:
What is preventing the model from getting medical care?  Cost?  A fear that a nurse or doctor will report something?

Thank you for asking about constraints. Very legitimate question.

A natural inclination to protect family of perp, that people will find out, etc. due to normal protocols or mandatory reporting. Cost was never mentioned as a factor.

See detailed response just above.

Jul 16 14 09:31 pm Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Orlando, Florida, US

Alabaster Crowley wrote:

As far as I know, you can get medical attention, and it's entirely up to you if you press charges or not.

However, I understand that sometimes the state picks whether or not you want to run the ball and it might lead to eviction from the country--deportation!

While no one deserves to be abused, if you taunted the dog and then it bit you--is anyone surprised? [This is merely an analogy--it was NOT a canine involve here. Please thou shalt NOT misunderstand].

Jul 16 14 09:35 pm Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Orlando, Florida, US

Alabaster Crowley wrote:
Yeah, I guess if it was like a gunshot or a beating, they would investigate.

To the best of my knowledge, these implements were not acknowledged instruments in this encounter.

As important a situation as it is, I will concede that the information was provided during a period when I was not able to devote full attention. So I'm not absolutely sure that weapons weren't utilized.

Jul 16 14 09:38 pm Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Orlando, Florida, US

Alabaster Crowley wrote:

I didn't gather that the skirmish involved that.

Jul 16 14 09:41 pm Link

Photographer

Quay Lude

Madison, Wisconsin, US

Alabaster Crowley wrote:

You're being a dickhole.

Report me.

https://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Beyonce-Waving-and-Smiling-On-Stage-Gif.gif

What is a dickhole?

Jul 16 14 09:48 pm Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Orlando, Florida, US

Ken Warren Photography wrote:
If the injuries are severe (cuts requiring stitches, possible broken bones, etc.), go to an emergency room, if not severe then a primary care physician or clinic. There may be a police investigation depending on the type of injury. Protecting the perp is counterproductive; assault is rarely an isolated incident and protecting the perp just keeps them around to assault again.

Apparently privacy is very difficult to achieve in this society! :-(.

Imagine if you're a real celebrity!

When I was a kid, I threw rocks at a wasps next, against parental guidance. I got stung. Part of the motivation for ONLY getting medical care [and nothing else] is that this model isn't approaching the bench with clean hands! [so to speak].

[Please consider exercising some professional decency and decorum. If you're the poster who may have written something, you have the option to revise and extend your remarks! ;-)]

Jul 16 14 09:51 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Honey Stinger wrote:

What is a dickhole?

Apparently, I am. See avatar for proof.

Jul 16 14 09:55 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

FFantastique wrote:
I didn't gather that the skirmish involved that.

Okay... if I am taking clues from your very cryptic description... this is what I gather:

Your friend might be a (part time) sex worker (with a mainstream white collar job) and got assaulted on the job, maybe not sexually, but beaten up.

So, she may have been beaten up while conducting her illegal trade. Now she fears that if she would go to get medical help, people would find out that she is working in the sex trade and putting this on record somehow, might trigger an investigation into her life and will expose her "sexond job" to her employer and friends and family who don't know about her second career.

Am I close or is my imagination too strong?

If that is the case, I think that there are free clinics that might take her on, without questions, but I am not sure about that.

Jul 16 14 09:56 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

FFantastique wrote:
Apparently privacy is very difficult to achieve in this society! :-(.

Imagine if you're a real celebrity!

When I was a kid, I threw rocks at a wasps next, against parental guidance. I got stung. Part of the motivation for ONLY getting medical care [and nothing else] is that this model isn't approaching the bench with clean hands! [so to speak].

[Please consider exercising some professional decency and decorum. If you're the poster who may have written something, you have the option to revise and extend your remarks! ;-)]

I stand by what I have said. BS (hopefully this is professional enough for you). tongue

Jul 16 14 09:56 pm Link

Photographer

Model Mentor Studio

Saint Catharines-Niagara, Ontario, Canada

Go to the doctor..I fell down the stairs...why is this so frickin hard? Doctors can't interrogate you and you are not obligated to talk to anyone else.
Nothing else in your post matters.

Jul 16 14 10:02 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Rick OBanion Photo wrote:
Go to the doctor..I fell down the stairs...why is this so frickin hard? Doctors can't interrogate you and you are not obligated to talk to anyone else.

Exactly! Hence my narratives. If it walks like a duck, swims like a duck . . . .  well you get the idea.

Respectfully, a dickhole.

Jul 16 14 10:05 pm Link

Model

Alabaster Crowley

Tucson, Arizona, US

FFantastique wrote:
While no one deserves to be abused, if you taunted the dog and then it bit you--is anyone surprised?

Uh. Look up "victim blaming."

Jul 16 14 10:05 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Rick OBanion Photo wrote:

Actually, there are instances where a doctor is obligated by law to inform the authorities, e.g. in case of gunshot wounds.

Not sure about other requirements...

Jul 16 14 10:07 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Alabaster Crowley wrote:
Uh. Look up "victim blaming."

Not applicable. In this case, either through action or inaction, the vic is getting exactly what they want.

Sincerely, a dickhole. tongue

Jul 16 14 10:10 pm Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Orlando, Florida, US

Michael Bots wrote:
So I would read this as model was "damaged" by significant other / roommate  in such a way that medical attention is needed (loose teeth, cracked ribs, broken facial bones, etc), lives in a mandatory arrest for domestic violence jurisdiction, and doesn't want to make a fuss because of shared rent costs / LOVE   and actually believes that the relationship will change / improve and this sort of thing won't ever happen again.

Doesn't work that way.

This was just round one.
Round 2 will happen next time "other" is either drunk, high, ticked off, tired, team lost the big game, bad day at work, or whatever other pathetic excuse suffices.
It doesn't get better.

It's just the discovery of their true character.

Advice --->     Get out now.  If there is an investigation so be it.
                               There is a reason why those policies were put in place.

Haven't requested images of impacted physiology but damage assessment indicates that a photo session would be less than optimal!

Another analogy--if I were stupid and stalled on the tracks and got hit by a train and sustained lacerations, concussion, I might be very reluctant to advertise my stupidity!

And it might mean the train driver might lose his/her job even though it was my fault that I was stuck/stalled on the train tracks.

Yes, it's possible for a repeat to occur [we have SunRail seem to hit cars in crossings when they don't get out of the way!] however, based on my very limited expertise in this genre, my assessment is that's not a serious concern in this case.

Jul 16 14 10:10 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

udor wrote:

Actually, there are instances where a doctor is obligated by law to inform the authorities, e.g. in case of gunshot wounds.

Not sure about other requirements...

Mandatory reporting requirements are just that - mandatory. So the docs report it. the police come. The vic doesn't know/cant remember anything. End of story.

Jul 16 14 10:11 pm Link