Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Best Hair Products to Fix Damaged Hair

Model

Rai Frydryck

Gibsonia, Pennsylvania, US

Due to styling and products, a model's hair tends to get damaged quickly.  What products (shampoos, conditioners, brushes, treatments, or accessories) have you found to be the most effective in fixing damaged hair?

Is there any merchandise on the market to thicken naturally thin hair?

Thanks for the advice,
Rai Frydryck

Jul 21 14 03:54 pm Link

Model

Zaryana Milan

Moscow, Moscow, Russia

Hello,

A friend give me Leonor Greyl products, it is pretty expensive, but I feel the difference with my hair.

I use a mask Quintescense. It works well for damaged hair.

As for products that thicken hair, I have never search for it... Because my hair is already thick and pretty heavy wink

Jul 22 14 05:21 am Link

Makeup Artist

Bloom Makeup Artistry

New York, New York, US

Make a mixture of coconut oil and hemp oil (can be found at your local vitamin or health store) and warm it up till it is warm, not hot. Put it on your hair and let it soak in overnight twice a week. This is currently my favorite hair mask!

Jul 23 14 07:59 am Link

Makeup Artist

didi_clark

San Francisco, California, US

10000 mcg of Biotin every day ,,, check with dr first... but it made my hair thicker and stronger over time... my hair thinned so much that i would not wear a middle part and now my hair is bangin! ...

Jul 23 14 10:34 am Link

Hair Stylist

Becci Renfro

Wichita, Kansas, US

Products that thicken hair would be ALL over the stores if they really worked... But the ones that are labeled as such do ok if used all the time.
While styling fine hair on a set or location I use a "dusting powder" to help make it feel thicker and it gives the hair a great texture to hold volume, backcombing etc. Sebastian has one but I found that Smart Solutions also has one that is less expensive - good stuff!

To repaire damaged hair, as you know it can never really be repaired but it can be strengthened and softened to a degree. There are many great products and the trick is to use it faithfully every day if needed and then at least once a week or month there after. If you're on location and find that you have a model who has really damaged hair then the moroccan oils or the like can help put some flexibility back into the hair, but use it sparingly especially if you have to redo her hair multiple times that day.

Jul 24 14 06:13 am Link

Model

Rai Frydryck

Thank you for the advice, everyone! It is greatly appreciated!

Jul 27 14 01:11 pm Link

Photographer

the lonely photographer

Beverly Hills, California, US

Loreal Kerastase l product line,   Expensive. Though.

Jul 27 14 01:26 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Jackie McClay

Brick, New Jersey, US

Zaryana Milan wrote:
Hello,

A friend give me Leonor Greyl products, it is pretty expensive, but I feel the difference with my hair.

I use a mask Quintescense. It works well for damaged hair.

As for products that thicken hair, I have never search for it... Because my hair is already thick and pretty heavy wink

Leonor Greyl is the holy hair grail!!!! the huile de palm works wonders!!!!!! i am constantly dying and bleaching my hair, so i use this and it brings it back to life. plus her products smell amazing.

the cheapest way to try her products would be to purchase the travel items:  http://www.folica.com/hair-care/shampoo … summer-set

Jul 28 14 04:48 pm Link

Model

Zaryana Milan

Moscow, Moscow, Russia

Jackie McClay MUA wrote:

Leonor Greyl is the holy hair grail!!!! the huile de palm works wonders!!!!!! i am constantly dying and bleaching my hair, so i use this and it brings it back to life. plus her products smell amazing.

the cheapest way to try her products would be to purchase the travel items:  http://www.folica.com/hair-care/shampoo … summer-set

The huile de palm is now called huile de Leonor Greyl, it is also what my friend give me for my hair, as well with shampoo and conditionner..
And for the smell, it is amazing, you are right...

Jul 28 14 05:12 pm Link

Hair Stylist

Katlyn Shuart

Tampa, Florida, US

I would recommend a coconut oil mask every other week and Aveda Damage Remedy Shampoo and Conditioner. I started using this when I started school there and it completely transformed my hair!

Aug 02 14 03:13 pm Link

Model

Rai Frydryck

Beauty by Katlyn wrote:
I would recommend a coconut oil mask every other week and Aveda Damage Remedy Shampoo and Conditioner. I started using this when I started school there and it completely transformed my hair!

I've heard Aveda's products does wonders!  Are you able to use that product regularly?

Aug 06 14 11:37 am Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

Keratin

Aug 06 14 11:49 am Link

Makeup Artist

Dashee La Maquilleuse

London, England, United Kingdom

A Good haircut ;-) I love to use Nu Skin haircare, and Shu Uemura oils for my ends...

Aug 10 14 05:33 am Link

Makeup Artist

kelli zehnder

Los Angeles, California, US

Aphogee 2 step protein treatment is great for chemically processed hair.

Aug 14 14 12:03 am Link

Model

MUmu

London, England, United Kingdom

I wear half wigs to give a break to my demaged hair. http://www.demirawigs.co.uk/products/half-wigs has some great style half wigs.
Also found gum salon  keratin 10 multi benefit treatment, I use it before styling my hair. So far it works

Oct 27 14 01:04 pm Link

Model

neve

Agrigento, Sicily, Italy

I like the Kerastase products, but they are expensive so I only use them when it's necessary...with the exception of the shampoo, I really love it.

Oct 28 14 05:57 am Link

Model

Godgifu

Santa Fe, New Mexico, US

There's a product called Doo-Gro that I think does a really good job -- only tradeoff is your hair is really greasy when you use it, and it doesn't wash easily out. Still, if you're trying to get your hair "in shape" for a shoot or event, it's a good choice -- start using it at least a week before.

Oct 30 14 03:06 pm Link

Model

Blaire_

Portland, Oregon, US

I use Fekkai's Hair repair system. It's about a hundred dollars, but it made a difference to me!!

Oct 30 14 09:43 pm Link

Hair Stylist

rick lesser

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Keratin treatments work really well.  Even for fine hair.  Then maintain the treatment with products that are sulfate-free.  R-

Oct 31 14 05:33 am Link