Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Star Wars Episode 7 Trailer

Photographer

TIMELESS

Baltimore, Maryland, US

This movie is scheduled for release in December 2015.  Any predictions on when we should expect to see the theatrical release of the first trailer. By now I am sure Disney has enough footage to tease us fans with a 30 sec trailer.

https://badlands75.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/20140707-000209-129783.jpg

Sep 30 14 11:10 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Bots

Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Sep 30 14 11:36 pm Link

Photographer

Grin Without a Cat

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

TIMELESS wrote:
This movie is scheduled for release in December 2015.  Any predictions on when we should expect to see the theatrical release of the first trailer. By now I am sure Disney has enough footage to tease us fans with a 30 sec trailer.

https://badlands75.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/20140707-000209-129783.jpg

Is that poster an official one or is it something made up by some fanboy?
Reading that tagline is actually hurting my brain.  I never imagined I would be one to turn into the grammar police, but can we at least use a subject in each sentence?
(I know, now I sound old...) wink

Oct 01 14 05:23 am Link

Photographer

John Photography

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

Why is Darth Vader's helmet there?

Isn't he dead? Didn't they burn him in his clothes?

Is that Luke turned to the dark side?

Oct 01 14 07:25 am Link

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Orlando, Florida, US

Grin Without a Cat wrote:

Is that poster an official one or is it something made up by some fanboy?
Reading that tagline is actually hurting my brain.  I never imagined I would be one to turn into the grammar police, but can we at least use a subject in each sentence?
(I know, now I sound old...) wink

I hope it's fan made.

For some reason, I kinda hope that the promo material has no tag lines, no titles, and that the trailers are basically just teaser trailers that show nothing of the actual movie.

I feel like something as iconic as Star Wars doesn't need any promotion.  That everyone who cares knows what it is, and anyone who doesn't wouldn't see it anyway.

Oct 01 14 07:40 am Link

Photographer

John Photography

Thank goodness that poster is just fan wank.......

Luke turning to the dark side meh

Oct 01 14 07:47 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

AdelaideJohn1967 wrote:
Luke turning to the dark side meh

I enjoyed the movies (the real ones, not so much Episodes I-III) but I have never read the books, played many of the games, watched TV shows, etc.  My opinion is based solely on the original 3 movies.

It's clear that Luke has gone to the dark side by the middle of Return of the Jedi.

Oct 01 14 08:38 am Link

Artist/Painter

JJMiller

Buffalo, New York, US

+1 grammar police, that tagline is sloppy soundin'. Was there an entire meeting dedicated to whether or not the word "It" should be used?

Oct 01 14 02:02 pm Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Los Angeles, California, US

To Answer all questions. NO! No there is zero Studio Release of a Trailer. There are massive amounts of nerds, geeks, people with no clue, and time wasters...who constantly create posters, and videos. And More to come! lol

Oct 01 14 02:05 pm Link

Photographer

John Photography

Brian Diaz wrote:
I enjoyed the movies (the real ones, not so much Episodes I-III) but I have never read the books, played many of the games, watched TV shows, etc.  My opinion is based solely on the original 3 movies.

It's clear that Luke has gone to the dark side by the middle of Return of the Jedi.

How so?

Also why is it when the Emperor was alive Darth Vader had no problems moving but when Darth kills him he suddenly has breathing problems?

The games tend to suck a bit. SWTOR for instance the impression I get is that the more you go to the dark side the more tech is shoved inside your body to keep you alive? is this some kind of anti tech ludditeism?

Oct 01 14 07:02 pm Link

Photographer

TIMELESS

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Out of all the past SW trailers Episode lll had the best one so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UnjrG_N8hU

no trailer but this is so cool - The Imperial Fleet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snph22qSUMU

Oct 09 14 10:23 pm Link

Photographer

Justin

Fort Collins, Colorado, US

TIMELESS wrote:
Out of all the past SW trailers Episode lll had the best one so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UnjrG_N8hU

I watched. You're right. Great trailer. I now have a better memory of the trailer than the movie itself.

Oct 10 14 07:49 am Link

Photographer

Sleepy Weasel

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

John Photography wrote:
Also why is it when the Emperor was alive Darth Vader had no problems moving but when Darth kills him he suddenly has breathing problems?

The Emperor was using force lightning on Luke and Darth absorbed it when eh picked up the Emperor and threw him over the edge. Since Darth was mostly mechanical at that point, i was presume it to be some sort of electrical shock, frying his innards.

Oct 10 14 10:11 am Link

Photographer

TIMELESS

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Sleepy Weasel wrote:

The Emperor was using force lightning on Luke and Darth absorbed it when eh picked up the Emperor and threw him over the edge. Since Darth was mostly mechanical at that point, i was presume it to be some sort of electrical shock, frying his innards.

epic scene - LOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUt_X-lxnzk

Oct 10 14 02:25 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Oct 10 14 05:35 pm Link

Photographer

John Photography

Sleepy Weasel wrote:

Yeah my fault. I didn't think he would have suffered some kind of short circuit to all his life support systems...

Another poster mentions that Luke had turned around the middle of ROTJ to the dark side... I'd love to know why people think this... It's not the first time I have heard this.

BTW all the banner ads are for SWTOR as I read this thread.

Creepy

Oct 11 14 02:29 am Link

Photographer

TIMELESS

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Who is your favorite Star Wars Villain   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlnec4Ka1Ds

Nov 01 14 07:50 pm Link

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Orlando, Florida, US

Justin wrote:

I watched. You're right. Great trailer. I now have a better memory of the trailer than the movie itself.

Just for fun, I watched all three trailers again.

Wow... even the trailer for Episode I looked like it was going to be shit.  Trying SO hard to capture a whole new audience of 6-12 year olds.  It just ... didn't work.  When the people who were REALLY frothing at the mouth for this were 30-40 years old, you just can't make a movie for 3rd graders. 

Then, Episode II's trailer looked like a "hey look how many things are on the screen at one time!!". 

Episode III is the only trailer that actually looks like something I'd want to see.  Unfortunately, if this was the trailer they played in theaters, there was really no need to see the movie.  This WAS the movie.  Pretty much all of it.  Even the very end of it, but I don't remember that last second of preview in the movie itself.  Still... even though the whole prequel series was spoiled in 1977, there was no reason to show everything in that trailer.

I'm actually looking forward to Ep 7 because I think that J.J. Abrams will give it the respect we deserve.  And he's already apologized for all the lens flare from the Star Trek movies.  So that should be toned way down.

Also, it's a story we don't already know.  A new frontier. 

Just three wishes:
1.  No ewoks.
2.  No Yoda.
3.  Subtitles.  If the characters can understand bleeps and bloops and Graahhhrrrrwwwwllls, then so should we.

That, and treat me like the adult I am who was 5 when I first saw Star Wars in 1977 in the theater.

Nov 01 14 08:21 pm Link

Photographer

Virtual Studio

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Good Egg Productions wrote:

Just for fun, I watched all three trailers again.

Wow... even the trailer for Episode I looked like it was going to be shit.  Trying SO hard to capture a whole new audience of 6-12 year olds.  It just ... didn't work.  When the people who were REALLY frothing at the mouth for this were 30-40 years old, you just can't make a movie for 3rd graders. 

Then, Episode II's trailer looked like a "hey look how many things are on the screen at one time!!". 

Episode III is the only trailer that actually looks like something I'd want to see.  Unfortunately, if this was the trailer they played in theaters, there was really no need to see the movie.  This WAS the movie.  Pretty much all of it.  Even the very end of it, but I don't remember that last second of preview in the movie itself.  Still... even though the whole prequel series was spoiled in 1977, there was no reason to show everything in that trailer.

I'm actually looking forward to Ep 7 because I think that J.J. Abrams will give it the respect we deserve.  And he's already apologized for all the lens flare from the Star Trek movies.  So that should be toned way down.

Also, it's a story we don't already know.  A new frontier. 

Just three wishes:
1.  No ewoks.
2.  No Yoda.
3.  Subtitles.  If the characters can understand bleeps and bloops and Graahhhrrrrwwwwllls, then so should we.

That, and treat me like the adult I am who was 5 when I first saw Star Wars in 1977 in the theater.

I liked the ewoks.

Nov 02 14 06:08 am Link

Photographer

Cinema Photography

Boulder, Colorado, US

For fan made, nothing really tops I.M.P.S.

http://youtu.be/dqKrmN3-fdo?list=UUK9ta … TpTQbUQ6Wg

Nov 02 14 08:30 am Link

Photographer

TIMELESS

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Nov 06 14 11:02 am Link

Photographer

John Photography

That title doesn't inspire confidence

Nov 08 14 04:57 pm Link

Photographer

Justin Matthews

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Virtual Studio wrote:
I liked the ewoks.

You must have been born after May 25th 1973

Nov 08 14 06:11 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

via Tumblr:  evilgrin

https://31.media.tumblr.com/d74571136dcd38850d115bc248dded15/tumblr_nep797iML81qzh561o1_500.gif

https://33.media.tumblr.com/626d3d564337d02bd3ee1d68f5b78276/tumblr_nep797iML81qzh561o2_500.gif

Nov 09 14 12:42 pm Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

John Photography wrote:
That title doesn't inspire confidence

Nothing about "new Star Wars" does

Nov 09 14 01:13 pm Link

Photographer

MF productions

San Jose, California, US

As the emperor said in Rotj , it was unavoidable that Luke joins the darkside, it is
His destiny.  About the whole electrical bolt thing and how Luke survived it
Before Vader saved him from being totally fried, Luke used the force to try
To prevent himself from almost being killed but even it was too much for him to take.
The force awakens makes sense. Luke becomes the force .

Nov 13 14 05:25 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

jesus h, how many of these flicks are there? i saw the first one when it came out (from the front row of a packed theatre...yay. quite the movie-going experience). i may have seen the one where the raider fan tells the kid he's his father. is that the same one?

but how many of these fucking things are there? only 7? it seems like there's at least like thirty of them.

Nov 13 14 05:28 pm Link

Photographer

TIMELESS

Baltimore, Maryland, US

There will be a total of 9 movies

Initially George Lucus started from the middle sequence of the time line by releasing Titles IV, V, & VI back in the 70's. Then the prequels titled episodes I, II & III were later released starting in 1999. Now the remaining episodes VII, VIII, IX are set to come out 2015, 2016 and 2017.  The entire sequence of movies consist of 9 films to complete the Entire Star Wars Saga.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_sequel_trilogy

Nov 13 14 08:21 pm Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Still no official Trailer...Zero. Except wastetoids geeks with no clue.

Nov 13 14 08:30 pm Link

Photographer

Instinct Images

San Diego, California, US

I hope they get back to what made the original movies so good - interesting characters. The special effects were cool and all but it was the characters that made the movies. Unfortunately when it came time to make Episode I they seemed to forget that. It was like Lucas was so enthralled with CGI that he forgot to create interesting characters. Instead we got Jar Jar Binks. At least by Episode III things were much better.

I remember watching one of the climactic fight scenes in Episode I thinking "I really don't care who wins just get it over with." That kind of apathy from the audience is never a good sign!

Nov 14 14 12:25 am Link

Photographer

TIMELESS

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Nov 17 14 08:48 pm Link

Photographer

TIMELESS

Baltimore, Maryland, US

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS TEASE THEATER LIST

An early 88-second tease of Star Wars: The Force Awakens can be seen in 30 theaters across North America beginning Friday morning, November 28. Following this weekend, the tease can be seen in theaters around the world this December.

Check out StarWars.com’s complete list of theaters playing the tease below!

AZ    PHOENIX    HARKINS    TEMPE MARKETPLACE
CA    LOS ANGELES    AMC    CENTURY CITY
CA    LOS ANGELES    Indep    EL CAPITAN
CA    IRVINE    REGAL    SPECTRUM IRVINE 21
CA    SAN FRANCISCO    AMC    METREON 16
CA    SAN JOSE    CINEMARK    OAKRIDGE 20
CA    SAN DIEGO    REGAL    MIRA MESA 18
CAN    TORONTO    CINEPLEX    YOUNGE & DUNDAS
CAN    VANCOUVER    CINEPLEX    RIVERPORT
CO    DENVER    AMC    WESTMINSTER 24
DC    WASH D.C    AMC    TYSONS CORNER 16
FL    MIAMI    CARMIKE    PARISIAN 20
GA    ATLANTA    REGAL    ATLANTIC STATION
IL    CHICAGO    REGAL    CITY NORTH
MA    BOSTON    AMC    BOSTON COMMONS 19
MI    DETROIT    CINEMARK    SHOWCASE 20
MN    MINNEAPOLIS    AMC    SOUTHDALE
MO    KANSAS CITY    AMC    STUDIO 30
NY    NEW YORK    AMC    LINCOLN SQUARE 12
NY    NEW YORK    REGAL    UNION SQUARE
OH    CLEVELAND    CINEMARK    CINEMARK 24
PA    PHILADELPHIA    REGAL    WARRINGTON 22
TN    NASHVILLE    CARMIKE    THOROUGHBRED 20
TN    KNOXVILLE    REGAL    PINNACLE
TX    DALLAS    CINEMARK    WEST PLANO 20
TX    HOUSTON    REGAL    MARQ*E STADIUM 23
TX    AUSTIN    ALAMO    ALAMO S LAMAR
UT    SALT LAKE CITY    CINEMARK    CINEMARK 24 WEST JORDAN
WA    SEATTLE    REGAL    THORNTON PLACE 14
WI    MILWAUKEE    MARCUS    BROOKFIELD 16

Nov 24 14 08:07 pm Link

Photographer

TIMELESS

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Has anyone seen the trailer today

Nov 28 14 06:32 am Link

Photographer

TIMELESS

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Boom, here we go ..................

http://www.traileraddict.com/star-wars- … er-trailer

Nov 28 14 07:21 am Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Yawn

I sort of liked the first one when it first came out but in reflection I realize it was not that great

Nov 28 14 07:42 am Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

oopsie

Nov 28 14 07:43 am Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

udor wrote:
via Tumblr:  evilgrin

https://31.media.tumblr.com/d74571136dcd38850d115bc248dded15/tumblr_nep797iML81qzh561o1_500.gif

https://33.media.tumblr.com/626d3d564337d02bd3ee1d68f5b78276/tumblr_nep797iML81qzh561o2_500.gif

borat

Nov 28 14 07:56 am Link

Photographer

Caradoc

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Direct Youtube link to the real trailer, no clickbaiting, no commentary...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erLk59H86ww

Nov 28 14 08:10 am Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Looks good to me! Definitely in the style of JJ for sure.

Nov 28 14 08:21 am Link

Photographer

TIMELESS

Baltimore, Maryland, US

That Sith's lightsaber looks demonic

Nov 28 14 08:54 am Link