Forums > Critique > 18+ Image, Comments Welcome

Photographer

JT Life Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Thank you for the comments.

The pose was one of an 'alphabet' series. The model was creating the letter R.

I agree with her legs looking strained and the feet being flat in this image.

Again thanks,

JT

Nov 22 14 03:00 am Link

Photographer

rich cirminello

Dallas, Texas, US

I almost have no reaction at all ~ considering it's a nude, I'd say perhaps that's a bad thing.

My eye seems to be drawn to the O shape she's forming with her arms and settles on her hands – once I'm there I don't find it particularly interesting.

I like that it's a unique pose – not I've not seen a million times in art nude portfolios.
The more I look at it, I see a letter "R"... if that's your intention maybe in the context of other letter poses it would make more sense.

Nov 22 14 03:15 am Link

Photographer

Lallure Photographic

Taylors, South Carolina, US

It's ok as a line and form study. It does have a bit of a strained look, however, in that the position of arms and hands is obviously strained.

Nov 22 14 07:58 am Link

Photographer

Rob Photosby

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

From the knees up, it is stunning, but the line of the feet seems to be out of sympathy with the rest of the post.  Had she been on her toes, I think it would have been perfect.

Nov 23 14 12:47 am Link

Photographer

alessandro2009

Florence, Toscana, Italy

I think this type of pose don't work.
While I think the light is nice.

Nov 23 14 12:57 am Link

Photographer

Keith Allen Phillips

Santa Fe, New Mexico, US

I want to like it, but I just don't.
It has to do with her legs and feet.
I think it's the flat footed pose. As someone else said, maybe if she were on her toes it would help. And then there's the tattoos. It's a bit distracting having them just on her feet. I'd probably get rid of them in PS if the model didn't mind.

Nov 23 14 01:06 am Link

Photographer

tenrocK photo

New York, New York, US

Yeah, not amazing. The lighting is ok but not exactly interesting for nude work. Better suited for fashion/lookbooks.
The pose is also wrong: as others mentioned, flat footed is rarely good. In fact, when I do just top half body shots, I ask the models to wear heels to help the posture even if no one sees the feet.
As for the tattoos, I don't really mind them in this line of work as long as they are visually interesting, which in this case is lacking.

Try and see if you can find a good crop to bring this particular shot to life but as is I would scrap it.

Nov 23 14 01:48 am Link