Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Hue - The (semi) Final Chapter

Photographer

Jim Shibley

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Lohkee wrote:

Not sure I can do that. Security and all. I will post images outside the building. Promise.

Photos might be allowed. I saw a letter from 2010 saying photos were allowed but media had to register.

👍 Congratulations!👍

Feb 10 15 01:02 am Link

Photographer

MerrillMedia

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

Great news! I'm sure that I speak for many of us here when I say, give her a group hug from all of us - welcome, Hue!!

Feb 10 15 06:26 am Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Jerry Nemeth wrote:

I've been to one already when my wife became a citizen.

Did you get to bring a camera? In Phoenix the security is so tight that I don't even bother to wear a belt or carry my wallet. I wear sandals. All I got to put in their silly little bin are my car keys. Basically I go "commando" - shirt, jeans, sandals, car keys - that's it!

I must say that their pretty marble floor is really freaking cold on bare feet (and I actually **like** cold).

Feb 10 15 09:23 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Lohkee wrote:

Did you get to bring a camera? In Phoenix the security is so tight that I don't even bother to wear a belt or carry my wallet. I wear sandals. All I got to put in their silly little bin are my car keys. Basically I go "commando" - shirt, jeans, sandals, car keys - that's it!

I must say that their pretty marble floor is really freaking cold on bare feet (and I actually **like** cold).

As I remember I brought a camera and took photos.  It was on the 4th of July and and there were many people in downtown Detroit becoming American citizens that day.  We had to drive to Chicago later that day to get her American passport the next day.     smile

Feb 10 15 09:30 am Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Hunter  GWPB wrote:
Congratulations to BOTH of you!

Thank you.

Feb 10 15 09:31 am Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Laura UnBound wrote:
I can't even get residency. People are like "so when are you becoming a citizen?" And I'm like lol neutral   Granted I think most of them don't really get the difference/don't understand how difficult citizenship is and that you don't just go get one. I've got a handful more years before I'm even eligible to apply, I don't think I'm gonna be gunning for it exactly

Feel to PM me. Having been jumping through the hoops, oh, so many fucking hoops, I would be happy to share what I have learned with you. And (drum roll) unlike the "professionals" that advertise all over the 'net, it won't cost you a dime. It's not difficult **if** you are prepared and know how the game is played. Silly as it may seem, I was a career fed. I understand fed-speak. I thought this would be a cake-walk 'cause, well, I was a fed and understood how the system works..

** hangs head and blushes**

I learned a lot on this journey.

Feb 10 15 09:49 am Link

Photographer

Managing Light

Salem, Virginia, US

This is wonderful news, Lohkee.  Congratulations to both of you.

Feb 10 15 10:07 am Link

Photographer

Managing Light

Salem, Virginia, US

Lohkee wrote:

Feel to PM me. Having been jumping through the hoops, oh, so many fucking hoops, I would be happy to share what I have learned with you. And (drum roll) unlike the "professionals" that advertise all over the 'net, it won't cost you a dime. It's not difficult **if** you are prepared and know how the game is played. Silly as it may seem, I was a career fed. I understand fed-speak. I thought this would be a cake-walk 'cause, well, I was a fed and understood how the system works..

Sounds to me like a second-career opportunity!

Feb 10 15 10:08 am Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Managing Light wrote:
Sounds to me like a second-career opportunity!

Nope. Knowing what I know now, the pain, the horrific stress, etc that people go through (who have played by the rules), I could not ask for a penny. All of what I have learned, is free to anyone who wants it. Admittedly, not a great business plan, but it's who I am.

Feb 10 15 10:32 am Link

Photographer

Vintagevista

Sun City, California, US

Lohkee wrote:

Nope. Knowing what I know now, the pain, the horrific stress, etc that people go through (who have played by the rules), I could not ask for a penny. All of what I have learned, is free to anyone who wants it. Admittedly, not a great business plan, but it's who I am.

*nominated for best internet post of the day*

Feb 10 15 10:52 am Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Lohkee wrote:

Im trying to get into canada, not the states, and my application is already in, Im just playing the "wait another year or something because we're still working on shit from 2013" game roll

Feb 10 15 05:35 pm Link

Photographer

Virtual Studio

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Laura UnBound wrote:
Im trying to get into canada, not the states, and my application is already in, Im just playing the "wait another year or something because we're still working on shit from 2013" game roll

Yup - done that one. It takes them FOREVER and god help you if you lose the Perm Residence Card once you get it - because the wait list for them to print you out another identical card is 8 months.

I had to wait nearly 2 years for them to process my PR here. My buddy married a Canadian and it still took > 18 months.

Best of luck to you! They are slow but it will eventually happen.

Feb 10 15 05:41 pm Link

Photographer

GeM Photographic

Racine, Wisconsin, US

Great news!

borat

Feb 10 15 09:34 pm Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

Very good news!

Congrats!

Feb 10 15 10:51 pm Link

Model

Lumen Sky

Center Moriches, New York, US

smile     Happy for you guys! Glad to hear!!!

Feb 11 15 09:36 am Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Virtual Studio wrote:

Yup - done that one. It takes them FOREVER and god help you if you lose the Perm Residence Card once you get it - because the wait list for them to print you out another identical card is 8 months.

I had to wait nearly 2 years for them to process my PR here. My buddy married a Canadian and it still took > 18 months.

Best of luck to you! They are slow but it will eventually happen.

When we first started our lawyer said it would take about a year.

Turned in all the paperwork, half a year later we only just get the notice saying my husband is an eligible sponsor and that my application was getting put in the pile.

Come to find out that I could withdraw my application, leave the country, and refile from outside of canada and it would (supposedly) go faster. But I'd have to leave and we dont know if I could come back in the meantime. hmm

Getting married doesnt really do shit for you. People are really surprised by that, that you can't just marry into a country anymore. We were already common-law when we filed, and it certainly just adds another layer of proof that we're serious, but its not some super residency/citizenship fast tracker

Feb 11 15 12:22 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Well, son-of-a-bitch! Went to check the mail a few minutes ago. THERE IT WAS!

Hue has been ordered to appear before the judge on Friday, Feb 27th at 8 a.m. to become an 'merican citizen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoPX2Je … r_embedded

Well, sweetheart - The Viet Cong couldn't stop you. The overloaded rickety boats in which so many that you knew and loved perished at sea couldn't stop you. Life, even when you were so very tired of the struggle, couldn't stop you.  Them tiny little feet of yours climbed every mountain and carried you every step of the way (probably because you're a cantankerous little bitch who just doesn't know how to surrender). tongue

Your daddy, if he would have made it, would be so freaking proud of you. He was a great warrior, as are you!

It's been 40 years in coming but welcome home honey! 'cause now you're finally gonna have a home!

Feb 12 15 12:39 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

Lohkee wrote:

Hue has been ordered to appear before the judge on Friday, Feb 27th at 8 a.m. to become an 'merican citizen!

Well, sweetheart - The Viet Cong couldn't stop you. The overloaded rickety boats in which so many that you knew and loved perished at sea couldn't stop you. Life, even when you were so very tired of the struggle, couldn't stop you.  Them tiny little feet of yours climbed every mountain and carried you every step of the way (probably because you're a cantankerous little bitch who just doesn't know how to surrender). tongue

Your daddy, if he would have made it, would be so freaking proud of you. He was a great warrior, as are you!

It's been 40 years in coming but welcome home honey! 'cause now you're finally gonna have a home!

If you can take a photo during the ceremony, please do so and then post it here so we can all see the smile on Hue's face. big_smile

Feb 12 15 01:35 pm Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

Amherst, Massachusetts, US

Lohkee wrote:

Party!! I'm so very happy for you two, especially after all you both (but especially Hue) has gone through

Feb 12 15 01:38 pm Link

Photographer

Warren Leimbach

Tampa, Florida, US

So happy for you!  Congratulations!!!

Feb 13 15 08:44 am Link

Photographer

Vintagevista

Sun City, California, US

YES!!  borat

Feb 14 15 06:13 pm Link