Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Happy Hamburger Day

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Yep,go grab one...and vegans I guess can join in with vegan burgers

Anyways
Post where you get one and what you get

Im running the I20 corridor between Birmingham and Eutaw Al all day and its going to be tough to get one that is worthy of breaking my midweek diet mainly because of where I can pull my truck into and quality..

MaGennocides is out,despise Jacks
nobody actively seeks out places like sonic,Checkers,and Rally(I like to call the irrelevant trio of me when it comes to Burgers)

no Whattaburgers in this corridor,no 5 Guys

May 28 15 05:12 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

I can eat a hamburger every day.   smile

May 28 15 06:33 am Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

So could I except I don't want to look like most dudes do that share my line of work unfortunately.

May 28 15 07:38 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Wimpy, Jake and I will be participating in this wonderful holiday  .  .  .  wink

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t31.0-8/1780192_624774454299598_1192897339006150942_o.jpg

SOS

May 28 15 07:40 am Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

I've been told theres a chain called in&out burger that make excellent burgers, but they arent anywhere near the eastcoast from what I can tell so I've never had one.

personally I used to LOVE Hardee's cheeseburgers but that restaurant left my town a while ago.
I think 5 guys is waaaaay overrated and tastes just like burger king.

for burgers, I know its frowned upon, but I think a good ole McD's double cheesburger when cooked fresh is awesome.

May 28 15 09:30 am Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:
Im running the I20 corridor between Birmingham and Eutaw Al all day and its going to be tough to get one that is worthy of breaking my midweek diet mainly because of where I can pull my truck into and quality..

Johnny Rockets in Birmingham:

Riverchase Galleria
3230 Galleria Circle, Ste. 101
Hoover, AL US
(205) 560-0600

Just off I20 on I459

May 28 15 09:30 am Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

joeyk wrote:

Johnny Rockets in Birmingham:

Riverchase Galleria
3230 Galleria Circle, Ste. 101
Hoover, AL US
(205) 560-0600

Just off I20 on I459

I know exactly where that is but slipped my mind....this might be an option(dunno if I could get my rig and trailer parked anywhere near there though)
Its flat grilled but its at the very top end of the flat griled styled burger list..

May 28 15 11:43 am Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:
.this might be an option(dunno if I could get my rig and trailer parked anywhere near there though)
Its flat grilled but its at the very top end of the flat griled styled burger list..

Oh fer Pete's sake! Quit bragging about how big you are!

** runs and hides after making a really lame joke **

May 28 15 12:03 pm Link

Photographer

Stephen Fletcher

Norman, Oklahoma, US

Sooner Dairy Lunch in Norman, OK.  Been there since 1954.  Great Onion Rings too.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/sooner-dairy-lunch-norman

May 28 15 12:10 pm Link

Photographer

Lovely Day Media

Vineland, New Jersey, US

Hamburgers are the cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast, especially when they come from Big Kahuna Burger.

If I must have a fast food hamburger, I prefer BK. McDonalds will do in a pinch as will Wendy's. There is a diner in my area that serves hamburgers that are smothered in mushrooms, onions, green peppers and swiss cheese. It's the meal of choice for me (hamburgers usually are because they are almost impossible to screw up unless they aren't cooked enough). I've been laying off hamburgers for the last 2 years, though.

I've actually been laying off fast food. I prefer to cook for myself. The last 2 times I went out, though, I ended up with a chef salad. I personally think salad is one of the more gross things a person can eat (in terms of taste) but in trying to avoid bread, it's one of the few things I can order that doesn't include some that I might actually be able to keep down and have it be remotely close to healthy.

May 28 15 12:19 pm Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

White Castle - the granddaddy of fast food burgers. Founded: September 13, 1921 Generally credited as the first fast food chain in the US

https://cdn.foodbeast.com.s3.amazonaws.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/crispy-jalapeno-slider-white-castle.jpg

[One of the owners of White Castle] is credited with invention of the hamburger bun as well as "the kitchen as assembly line, and the cook as infinitely replaceable technician," hence giving rise to the modern fast food phenomenon. Due to White Castle's innovation of having chain-wide standardized methods, customers could be sure that they would receive the same product and service in every White Castle restaurant. As Henry Ford did for car manufacturing, [White Castle] did for the making of burgers.

Studio36

May 28 15 01:23 pm Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

While the Whitecastle "burger" is dear in the hearts of many- it is as far from what I consider a real "burger"  as Taco Bell is from actual Mexican food.

https://freeclipartstore.com/Hamburger%2008.gif

Mine wont look as good as the above clip art, but:

This afternoon, I will grill two roughly 1/4 pound patties over a nice charcoal fire, and place them in a nice freshly baked bun (from the bakery, I didnt bake them smile ) with lettuce, pickle, red onion, tomato, a slice of colby cheese, mayo and a bit of mustard.

I no doubt will have a couple nice cold beers to go with the burger.

May 28 15 02:04 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

I could actually go for white castle today,sadly there are only the bland tasteless wannabe version here called Krystal

May 28 15 02:08 pm Link

Photographer

John Photography

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

Chris Rifkin wrote:
MaGennocides

LOL that made my day....

Did you mean McGennocides? As in McDonalds

Hey just on this what is pizza day and why do American schools have one?

May 28 15 07:43 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

Stephen Fletcher wrote:
Sooner Dairy Lunch in Norman, OK.  Been there since 1954.  Great Onion Rings too.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/sooner-dairy-lunch-norman

Head down old Route 66 West.  When you get to downtown El Reno, look for Johnnie's Grill.  Their current location at  is just a half block from the original grill on Rt. 66.  When I was a kid, Johnnie's was a mandatory stop on our annual trip to my maternal grandparents.  I stopped in there a few years ago on a trip to Amarillo.  First time I'd been there in decades.  I confess, I cried like a baby at the memories.  big_smile

May 28 15 07:45 pm Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Los Angeles, California, US

https://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t421/food_pron/Fast%20Food/In-N-Out/tumblr_lesqovnKV91qdibswo1_500.jpg

https://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae310/macoftheyear/Whataburger/whataburger.jpg

May 28 15 07:47 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

Jerry Nemeth wrote:
I can eat a hamburger every day.   smile

I could too, but I already bear too strong a resemblance to Wimpy. tongue

May 28 15 07:59 pm Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:
I know exactly where that is but slipped my mind....this might be an option(dunno if I could get my rig and trailer parked anywhere near there though)

Park in the Galleria Mall parking lot...

May 28 15 09:19 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

joeyk wrote:

Park in the Galleria Mall parking lot...

Major delay of game situation caused me to go for an alternative
Went with Hardees

After today's day though I think I will do this place after a hopeful post shoot meal with model(as she is anti sushi and the pizza here....
When pizza hut/pappa johns is the best in town,pizza is not an option)

People who have never been here,its really a fun vibe as well

and mandetory to get a chocolate egg cream(lets see how many people who have never lived in the NYC tri state area know what that is)

May 29 15 10:00 am Link

Photographer

Stephen Fletcher

Norman, Oklahoma, US

Jim Ball wrote:
Head down old Route 66 West.  When you get to downtown El Reno, look for Johnnie's Grill.  Their current location at  is just a half block from the original grill on Rt. 66.  When I was a kid, Johnnie's was a mandatory stop on our annual trip to my maternal grandparents.  I stopped in there a few years ago on a trip to Amarillo.  First time I'd been there in decades.  I confess, I cried like a baby at the memories.  big_smile

Grilled onions whether you want them or not too.

Just south of the Court House.

May 29 15 10:44 am Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Make my own on the grill with homemade potato salad:

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10268505_10154090673470327_3029467894262172168_n.jpg?oh=599cce3e37810b46238e082dfc7641d1&oe=55F86FF0

May 29 15 11:39 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Model Sarah wrote:

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10268505_10154090673470327_3029467894262172168_n.jpg?oh=599cce3e37810b46238e082dfc7641d1&oe=55F86FF0

Beautiful!  I'll order 2.   smile

May 30 15 07:20 am Link

Photographer

Lovely Day Media

Vineland, New Jersey, US

I can live with or without the potato salad (mostly without because I'm the only one who seems to make it how I like it and it seems most don't like it that way). A burger off a grill, though, is definitely something I could go for all the time. This is especially true if there is some kind of wood in with the charcoal (apple or hickory works for me).

May 30 15 07:40 am Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Lovely Day Media wrote:
I can live with or without the potato salad (mostly without because I'm the only one who seems to make it how I like it and it seems most don't like it that way). A burger off a grill, though, is definitely something I could go for all the time. This is especially true if there is some kind of wood in with the charcoal (apple or hickory works for me).

I'm actually not the biggest fan of potato salad for exactly the same reason you stated, that is why I make my own. Fresh dill, celery, pickles, etc. NO MUSTARD.

We use wood mostly but charcoal sometimes and always start the fire with dry sticks and things never lighter fluid. This time we put applewood smoked chips in the fire. I usually don't like my food smoky but this was just a hint and it was fantastic.

May 30 15 07:47 am Link

Photographer

RINALDI

Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands

http://www.ribsfactory.nl/images/ribs_factory2.jpg (too big to embed)

I didn't have this one, but the version without the second meat layer (between the top bun/lettuce and the lettuce/bacon layer). Best burger I ever had. big_smile

May 30 15 08:00 am Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Model Sarah wrote:

best option,not the best option when I'm in my big rig and my George forman grill shuts down because this cheap assed inverter in my truck sucks sad

May 30 15 08:22 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Model Sarah wrote:

I'm actually not the biggest fan of potato salad for exactly the same reason you stated, that is why I make my own. Fresh dill, celery, pickles, etc. NO MUSTARD.

We use wood mostly but charcoal sometimes and always start the fire with dry sticks and things never lighter fluid. This time we put applewood smoked chips in the fire. I usually don't like my food smoky but this was just a hint and it was fantastic.

I don't use lighter fluid either.  I have a starter that uses 2 sheets of newspaper to start charcoal.

May 30 15 09:00 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:

best option,not the best option when I'm in my big rig and my George forman grill shuts down because this cheap assed inverter in my truck sucks sad

Get another inverter.  They have some powerful inverters at Harbor Freight Tools.  I have a 2000 watt inverter myself.

May 30 15 09:03 am Link

Photographer

Lovely Day Media

Vineland, New Jersey, US

Model Sarah wrote:

For me, potato salad consists of potatoes (of course), sweet pickles (not dill), a touch of mustard (a tablespoon or so in a giant bowl leaves it with a little flavor that isn't overpowering), hard boiled eggs and some mayo (not miracle whip).  If the potatoes are cooked properly, I can eat this stuff all day every day (especially if accompanied by ham).  It seems whenever I go to someone else's house, they'll always smother the potato salad in miracle whip, onion, green or red peppers, celery AND a boat load of salt.  Too many flavors for me and the salt is out. I add no salt to anything, ever.

I agree with the starting of the fire without lighter fluid. No chemicals for me whenever possible, thanks. I've never started the fire with dry sticks. I have a thing that gets plugged into a wall socket and heats the charcoal until it starts burning. Take it out, unplug it and I don't need it anymore until the next time.  Also, with the wood ... it gets put in a bucket that is filled with water and salt and left there for at least 2 weeks. It takes much longer to burn and creates lots of smoke .. the whole reason for cooking on a grill for me.

May 30 15 11:15 am Link