Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > Epinephrine and Novocaine. Breakfast of champions.

Model

Dea and the Beast

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

I can't feel my fucking eyebrows (cavity on wisdom tooth. Yay. ), but I really really want to run around the block a few times.

Jun 15 15 08:03 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Dea and the Beast wrote:
I can't feel my fucking eyebrows (cavity on wisdom tooth. Yay. ), but I really really want to run around the block a few times.

I hope that you see the dentist soon!   sad

Jun 17 15 01:38 pm Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

Jerry Nemeth wrote:

Maybe she did but the dentist used alot of novocain

Jun 17 15 02:15 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

I had a cavity filled last year, and honestly, my heart felt weird for a large part of the day afterward. As soon as they put the shot in my jaw, I felt my heart sort of flutter, and I had this weird panicky feeling all day. It wasn't a root canal or anything and it wasn't a major procedure.

I went back to get another one done a few weeks later, and the dentist told me they had a new anesthetic since last time. I had no panicky feelings, or weird fluttering in my chest, and walked out with a slightly numb face but otherwise felt totally normal.

Jun 20 15 01:47 pm Link

Photographer

scrymettet

Quebec, Quebec, Canada

Koryn wrote:
I had a cavity filled last year, and honestly, my heart felt weird for a large part of the day afterward. As soon as they put the shot in my jaw, I felt my heart sort of flutter, and I had this weird panicky feeling all day. It wasn't a root canal or anything and it wasn't a major procedure.

I went back to get another one done a few weeks later, and the dentist told me they had a new anesthetic since last time. I had no panicky feelings, or weird fluttering in my chest, and walked out with a slightly numb face but otherwise felt totally normal.

people die from anesthesia.
drug awkward reaction like your is not something to ignore. Ask your dentist for the product name and tell it at any other partial or total anesthesia.

Jun 20 15 03:33 pm Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

My friends husband died due to complications from a dental visit. He had a heart condition and the plaque dislodged from the cleaning caused a reaction. Not too sure on the details, but it was a serious concern up to a few years ago if you had a heart murmor or prolapse. Apparently things have changed to prevent that type of reaction.

I envy sharks and their lack of need for dentists.

Jun 21 15 04:39 am Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Jerry Nemeth wrote:

Do you really think I just have crap like that in my little medicine cabinet in the powder room??
I was sitting in the dentist chair when I wrote that.

Smh.

Jul 04 15 03:19 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Koryn wrote:

Yea it feels like caffeine overdose.. Not comfortable. Slight anxious.

It's just the epinephrine (apparently to contract the blood vessels so one doesn't bleed profusely) in the shot...of which I had 6... Mothafocka.
And then the asshole coughs into my mouth. He wore a face mask but still. WtF!?!

Then there's the side show where this dentist tells me I have 3 cavities and the other one tells me five.they both agree my fillings need redoing ( the ones I just had redone... ) but they didn't agree on the timeframe.

It's sad that one can't trust anyone.

Jul 04 15 03:24 pm Link

Photographer

Solas

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Dea and the Beast wrote:
Yea it feels like caffeine overdose.. Not comfortable. Slight anxious.

It's just the epinephrine (apparently to contract the blood vessels so one doesn't bleed profusely) in the shot...of which I had 6... Mothafocka.
And then the asshole coughs into my mouth. He wore a face mask but still. WtF!?!

It's sad that one can't trust anyone.

huh ? Epinephrine (andrenaline) is a vaso dilator not a constricter. .or maybe just of the blood vessels for the heart but that doesnt sound correct. Why not get your wisdom teeth pulled ? It cost me like 200 to get all my wisdom teeth removed.

I never got novo for that just local anesthetic and a shit ton of ibuprofen. I feel your pain everyday, chronic tmj and had a split put in for $4k. Had a root canal and the dentist that did it fucked up the splint. Closing on 10 g just to not have headaches kill my days. Nearly got addicted to all the t3s I had to take during that time. Dental is the worst

Jul 04 15 03:31 pm Link

Model

P I X I E

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

A few years back, I had to get a root canal done, and they had to inject into the bone, and the anesthetic had epinephrine in it. It was a very unpleasant feeling.

Now I just ask them to give me laughing gas. Dentist appointments are the cause of a lot of anxiety for me.

Jul 04 15 05:35 pm Link

Photographer

KungPaoChic

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

Solas wrote:

huh ? Epinephrine (andrenaline) is a vaso dilator not a constricter. .or maybe just of the blood vessels for the heart but that doesnt sound correct. Why not get your wisdom teeth pulled ? It cost me like 200 to get all my wisdom teeth removed.

I never got novo for that just local anesthetic and a shit ton of ibuprofen. I feel your pain everyday, chronic tmj and had a split put in for $4k. Had a root canal and the dentist that did it fucked up the splint. Closing on 10 g just to not have headaches kill my days. Nearly got addicted to all the t3s I had to take during that time. Dental is the worst

Maybe in Canada but in the States it often costs thousand to get wisdom teeth extracted. I paid 3 K for one set ( they were impacted and they had to put me out and then I found someone less expensive to do my second set ( I think that cost around $1500).

Dentists make bank in this country.

Jul 05 15 12:27 am Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Solas wrote:

I've no issues with my wisdom teeth. So they stay.
Why pull a good tooth?

Also, besides the point: why in the fuck is it cool to be cheated by your doctors??

Jul 05 15 05:23 am Link

Photographer

Solas

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

KungPaoChic wrote:
Maybe in Canada but in the States it often costs thousand to get wisdom teeth extracted. I paid 3 K for one set ( they were impacted and they had to put me out and then I found someone less expensive to do my second set ( I think that cost around $1500).

omg... sad that's horrible... and so wrong of them.. especially as dentists.. You can probably fly to india and back and have someone extract them for cheaper

Dea and the Beast wrote:
Why pull a good tooth?

Also, besides the point: why in the fuck is it cool to be cheated by your doctors??

the dentist i went to said it was best to pull them in case of crowding or something.. maybe they didn't have to be pulled? damn, it's hard to trust people who are banking off your discomfort, like where are their true motives?
like you said, some say you have 4 cavities and others say you have more... why can a dentist not really tell ? they're a dentist, that's what they do

Jul 05 15 09:01 am Link

Model

P I X I E

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Dea and the Beast wrote:

Why pull a good tooth?

I had braces for 18 months, 15 or so years ago. When they took them out, they saw there was enough space for my wisdom teeth to grow, so they didn't bother removing them. 15ish years later, I'm looking back and I wish they did pull them out. They are hard to clean because they're so far back, and have a tendency to have cavities. So far had 2 pulled out after they broke (most likely from an untreated cavity). The toothaches I experienced, I could have done without. So painful.

And I'm glad I have private insurance covering most of the cost of dental work, because even in Canada, it is expensive. I know that in Ontario, unless you have a private plan, you're screwed.

Jul 05 15 04:15 pm Link

Model

P I X I E

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

KungPaoChic wrote:

Dentists make bank in Ontario, I can attest to that. To extract just one tooth, once it's fully out, my dentist charges $210. PER TOOTH. I would imagine impacted would be more expensive, not sure how much more expensive.

What I'm understanding is that there seems to be some kind of public dental insurance in Alberta?

Jul 05 15 04:18 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

P I X I E wrote:

I had braces for 18 months, 15 or so years ago. When they took them out, they saw there was enough space for my wisdom teeth to grow, so they didn't bother removing them. 15ish years later, I'm looking back and I wish they did pull them out. They are hard to clean because they're so far back, and have a tendency to have cavities. So far had 2 pulled out after they broke (most likely from an untreated cavity). The toothaches I experienced, I could have done without. So painful.

And I'm glad I have private insurance covering most of the cost of dental work, because even in Canada, it is expensive. I know that in Ontario, unless you have a private plan, you're screwed.

I literally just got done with 1.5 years of invisalign.  One wisdom tooth is already gone.
I'm gambling but the one wasn't so bad...

Jul 05 15 04:38 pm Link

Model

P I X I E

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Dea and the Beast wrote:

I literally just got done with 1.5 years of invisalign.  One wisdom tooth is already gone.
I'm gambling but the one wasn't so bad...

There's another wisdom tooth I might also get extracted, because it grew with some gum over it and that's a nest for cavities. I'd much rather go through an extraction than the toothache I've experienced. Especially if I get laughing gas. My teeth are very sensitive and even just a cleaning has me in tears. I'd rather get rid of it than get a filling on it, which eventually will end up needing to be extracted.

Jul 05 15 04:45 pm Link

Model

Fergy

Fenton, Michigan, US

I am allergic to novacaine, and benzocaine so I have to be really careful in the dentist chair.  No topical numbing meds, only certain meds are ok to be used at the dentist or my throat closes up.   The epi they have in the shots makes me feel weird too, but on the other side is good for me If I have a reaction.  I had a tooth pulled- well the rest of the root canal so I can have a implant put in, my whole face was numb.  Including my eye, nose and ear.  Freaking weird feeling lemme tell ya!

Jul 06 15 05:25 am Link

Model

P I X I E

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Fergy wrote:
I am allergic to novacaine, and benzocaine so I have to be really careful in the dentist chair.  No topical numbing meds, only certain meds are ok to be used at the dentist or my throat closes up.   The epi they have in the shots makes me feel weird too, but on the other side is good for me If I have a reaction.  I had a tooth pulled- well the rest of the root canal so I can have a implant put in, my whole face was numb.  Including my eye, nose and ear.  Freaking weird feeling lemme tell ya!

When they did my root canal a few years ago, they froze me so much it was like half my face was frozen. Yep, super weird.

Jul 06 15 04:29 pm Link

Photographer

Solas

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

P I X I E wrote:
Dentists make bank in Ontario, I can attest to that. To extract just one tooth, once it's fully out, my dentist charges $210. PER TOOTH. I would imagine impacted would be more expensive, not sure how much more expensive.

What I'm understanding is that there seems to be some kind of public dental insurance in Alberta?

No not at all, I have insurance for dental and health thru the Uni (which kind of sucks because in that one visit it totally absorbed my insurance benefits) so it's likely that it absorbed the real cost. Im not sure what it would be without it but per tooth I can believe 210 ea sounds legit
My benefits dont cover orthodontic at all which is what is so expensive (looking at a few thousand there ) sad

Jul 10 15 07:14 am Link