Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

Photographer

Bobby C

Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand

I was thinking that "The Colbert Report" was going to be missed and wondering how  "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert" was going to transpire....?
SC has infused the flavor of The Colbert Report to The Late Show, successfully whereby taking The Late Show in it's own funny and smart direction, as only Stephen Colbert can !

https://static.stereogum.com/uploads/2015/09/10165814/Stephen-Colbert-640x439.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMtFAi … fig/videos

Sep 23 15 02:15 pm Link

Photographer

henrybutz New York

Ronkonkoma, New York, US

I've been watching but it's sadly a bit more subdued.  yet, Knock-knock.  Whose there?  Orange.  Orange who?  Speaking of Donald Trump...  omg that's funny.  "It's not like it writes itself.. but..."

Still, no Alpha Dog of the Week, Cheating Death, Colbert Bump.... (sigh)

Sep 23 15 02:30 pm Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

While I never watch Fallons show cause I dont watch much late night TV, I can see just by the viral clips he is the top of his field. I feel like other shows are stuck in the same old format and they seem so weirdly businesslike in comparison.
Colbert I think suffers from the same thing.

one plus though you can tell his audience are really huge fans of him.

Sep 23 15 03:04 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Yeah he's got a very similar show to the Report except he is himself and not a character. I love it.

Sep 23 15 03:20 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

hbutz New York wrote:
I've been watching but it's sadly a bit more subdued.  yet, Knock-knock.  Whose there?  Orange.  Orange who?  Speaking of Donald Trump...  omg that's funny.  "It's not like it writes itself.. but..."

Still, no Alpha Dog of the Week, Cheating Death, Colbert Bump.... (sigh)

Well, it's early yet.

I think Stephen has made the transition and he brought some of the Report style and insight with him. His interviews have been clear, concise and to the point. I was impressed that he came to Ted Cruz's defense the other night when the audience booed him. Like Jon Stewart, he takes no prisoners but he isn't disrespectful either. I hope he interviews every single candidate running for their party's nomination, Republican and Democrat. Interviewers like Colbert ask questions that "seasoned" news people never ask.

Sep 23 15 08:14 pm Link

Photographer

Bobby C

Very entertaining.
Stephen & Pearl Jam Perform "Rockin In The Free World"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K_LFVFKZKw

Sep 24 15 08:52 am Link

Clothing Designer

GRMACK

Bakersfield, California, US

I actually am beginning to like Colbert on the Late Show.  He does a good job on interviewing, biased or not.  However, his Leprechaun ear bugs me and there are times I wish I could Photoshop my TV, but that's the 'togger in me speaking.

I grew weary of Fallon and switched to Kimmel prior.  I think Kimmel was doing a better job of interviewing than Fallon.  Fallon is too much "Gosh, we all love you in.. " "Wow, you are my favorite..."  etc. and he became too predictable and repetitious and stares at his cards a lot.  Kimmel mixes it up more and doesn't seem as script-driven as Fallon.

For now I like Colbert (Aside from the pixie or Spock ear thing that bugs me no end!), Kimmel, and Fallon in that order.

Sep 24 15 09:23 am Link

Photographer

Bobby C

GRMACK wrote:
I actually am beginning to like Colbert on the Late Show.  He does a good job on interviewing, biased or not.  However, his Leprechaun ear bugs me and there are times I wish I could Photoshop my TV, but that's the 'togger in me speaking.
I grew weary of Fallon and switched to Kimmel prior.  I think Kimmel was doing a better job of interviewing than Fallon.  Fallon is too much "Gosh, we all love you in.. " "Wow, you are my favorite..."  etc. and he became too predictable and repetitious and stares at his cards a lot.  Kimmel mixes it up more and doesn't seem as script-driven as Fallon.
For now I like Colbert (Aside from the pixie or Spock ear thing that bugs me no end!), Kimmel, and Fallon in that order.

I feel the same way. I stopped watching late night shows until Stephen Colbert came along.

Sep 24 15 09:26 am Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

Seems that some significant GOP candidates have appeared on the show, but the other two shows on other networks seem to book more A-list celebrities consistently.

Sep 24 15 12:36 pm Link