Forums > Model Colloquy > Do politics play a role in accepting a photoshoot?

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Chuckarelei wrote:

My bet is she is a lefty?

I'm ambidextrous.

Jan 25 16 08:00 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

WisconsinArt wrote:
The real issue here is maturity, not politics.

Very much so.  borat

Jan 25 16 08:02 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

It does not matter to me as long as they don't try to convert me.   I am not religious.

Politics?  Oh, that's the same thing!  wink

Jan 25 16 08:03 pm Link

Photographer

Eric212Grapher

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

Abbitt Photography wrote:
When communicating with models, I only discuss shoot details, never politics, religion or other such issues.  Since political views are never discussed or known, it can't play a role in setting up shoots.

But you may have a Facebook account where you express support/opposition to a political issue. You may have posted in a political forum somewhere. A model doing reference checks might found those posts.

Jan 28 16 05:23 am Link

Model

Caitin Bre

Apache Junction, Arizona, US

Nope... Never talk politics with people I work with...

Jan 29 16 10:53 am Link

Model

Chelsea Marlo

Portland, Oregon, US

If a photographer is respectful and offers fair compensation for my time I really couldn't care less about their political views.

Jan 29 16 07:58 pm Link

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

Sandra Vixen wrote:

Note; there is no such thing as an "assault weapon", it's not a firearms term, it's a political term coined by those (for various reasons) who want to ultimately disarm Americans.

I beg your forgiveness, I should have said "assault riffle" such as an AK-47....Never thought "Swiss army knife"

Jan 30 16 12:13 pm Link

Model

Grouchy Retired Nova

Tucson, Arizona, US

photo212grapher wrote:
Models, do you ever consider the politics of the photographer when deciding whether to work with them?

I thought professionals (loose term) would put politics to the side on dealing with a photo shoot. But one model mentioned she would never work with anyone supporting ______. I happened to agree with her political view, but not her professional one.

I don't care one but about the politics, religion, gender identity etc. of the average photographer.  I don't really even want to know.  That stuff belongs among friends or on Facebook, not on Model Mayhem.

I won't shoot content that I find offensive or don't want my image associated with, political or not.  Gender cruelty, animal abuse, Nazism... No thanks. As I don't find politics to be particularly creative or interesting in a creative medium, I try to steer clear of it.  That being said, I have no problem making strong statements in a creative format, but prefer to reserve that kind of subject matter for shoots with photographers that I know and trust.  I've shot some pretty incredible stuff that's hit on some very emotional topics, but that's not somewhere I can go with just any photographer.

Jan 31 16 04:17 pm Link

Photographer

Birds of Stones

Greenville, South Carolina, US

Normaly no. But right now im shooting for a pro gun. Project. So if i thank a model ihas or will be seen posting any tjing anti gun I wo wouldnt be able to use her.

Feb 08 16 05:34 am Link