Forums > Model Colloquy > How do can they endure the pain?.....

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

I had no idea that they are women yakuza

May 28 16 10:51 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Post Deleted

I just made this post to help the OP since he had tried to use HTML.  I have since sent him the BBCode that he can post himself if he wants.

May 28 16 10:53 am Link

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

Thank you, I will try to figure it out!!

May 28 16 10:56 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

IMAGINERIES wrote:
Thank you, I will try to figure it out!!

Just hit the "quote" button and you will be able to see what is in my post.  You will be able to see how I posted the link.

Also:  CLICK HERE and you can open a thread which explains how to do thing on the site using BBCoce.

May 28 16 11:22 am Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Is it worse than the pain of child birth ?

May 28 16 11:58 am Link

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

American Glamour wrote:
Just hit the "quote" button and you will be able to see what is in my post.  You will be able to see how I posted the link.

Also:  CLICK HERE and you can open a thread which explains how to do thing on the site using BBCoce.

Thank you for your help!
I find the pictures on line from two different sources, no idea who the photographers are......

May 28 16 12:10 pm Link

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

Garry k wrote:

Never gave birth....

May 28 16 12:16 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

IMAGINERIES wrote:
I had no idea that they are women yakuza

Actually, those women are not Yakuza.

They are just wearing traditional Japanese body suits.

I know a thing or two about this...  ninja

May 28 16 12:21 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Garry k wrote:

I can't tell you, since I haven't given birth...

But I can tell you about the pain, since I have 85 hours of work on my body, by two Japanese masters...

It does hurt, especially when you get a lot of work done at once.

Traditionally, the Japanese work no more than about 90 minutes on a client per sitting, because of the pain, and then wait one to two weeks (or more) until the next session and then continue, which can take months and years to complete.

There are people who claim that, once the endorphins set in, they don't feel anything and it started to feel good. Personally, endorphins do kick in after 10 minutes or so... but the pain doesn't leave at all... especially if you get work done for 6 to 7.5 hours in a sitting...

Took me a lot of concentration and once you lose the concentration... the pain can be excruciating, especially when the work is done near the arm pits or on your butt.

May 28 16 12:29 pm Link

Photographer

Ken Marcus Studios

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I believe that one of the tattoo photo examples, if not both are photographs taken by Richard Todd Rosenbloom and are being used without his permission.

From what I understand Richard rarely gives permission for reuse of his images

May 28 16 12:35 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Ken Marcus Studios wrote:
I believe that one of the tattoo photo examples, if not both are photographs taken by Richard Todd Rosenbloom and are being used without his permission.

I have no idea what rights he has.  He is using an MM photo link.

May 28 16 12:48 pm Link

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

One of them was on Pinterest with no credit......
The images were used just to illustrate a question.. Nothing more.....

May 28 16 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

udor wrote:

But I can tell you about the pain, since I have 85 hours of work on my body, by two Japanese masters...

It does hurt, especially when you get a lot of work done at once.

Traditionally, the Japanese work no more than about 90 minutes on a client per sitting, because of the pain, and then wait one to two weeks (or more) until the next session and then continue, which can take months and years to complete.

There are people who claim that, once the endorphins set in, they don't feel anything and it started to feel good. Personally, endorphins do kick in after 10 minutes or so... but the pain doesn't leave at all... especially if you get work done for 6 to 7.5 hours in a sitting...

Took me a lot of concentration and once you lose the concentration... the pain can be excruciating, especially when the work is done near the arm pits or on your butt.

I would have recommended to you that you buy one of my friends tattoo shrts

Would have saved you all that time , money and pain

and you don;t have to wear it everyday

tongue

May 28 16 12:57 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

oopsie double

May 28 16 12:57 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

udor wrote:

When are we hanging out?  big_smile

May 28 16 01:19 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

I saw only two of those old photographs in that link.

The images on the left, with the two women posing, are part of Japanese tattoo collections, which used to be distributed by Keibunsha, the Japanese tattoo institute of Japan, located in Tokyo in book and CD form.

I am hesitant to attribute the left image to Mr. Rosenbloom, although I don't know his work, but they also have been circulating online in tattoo related groups for close to 20 years. E.g., I saw those kind of images at the end of the 90's already.

I find it possible that the right image could have been taken by somebody else, e.g. Rosenbloom, because it's a very modern, non-traditional Japanese style and looks like a more recent work, while the other ones are, as I have mentioned... a tad older and sourced from Japanese literature.

May 28 16 01:21 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

udor wrote:

Dea and the Beast wrote:
When are we hanging out?  big_smile

LOL... big_smile

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/10527791_317331628433957_374512861031625186_n.jpg?oh=8565a1f9949639621b3cc38363f6a72f&oe=57C6E424

https://66.media.tumblr.com/761333b024326d5ff93b69a3e84ecd98/tumblr_nesqwcV0DL1t3y941o1_1280.jpg

May 28 16 01:28 pm Link

Model

Jen B E

Hesperia, California, US

IMAGINERIES wrote:
One of them was on Pinterest with no credit......
The images were used just to illustrate a question.. Nothing more.....

Hello,

edit to add: OOh! I'm posting under Udor on this, lucky me! Glad you are back!!

Now that you know though... If there is an MM link as suggested, I'd use that and also give credit clearly or better yet, use the MM link to ask directly.

Thanks,
Jen
p.s. I don't see the link but am curious, now. I've only got two pieces of ink, (which were created very/relatively quickly and only a total of about, 80 hours or so. Once piece that took 60+ hours was made with a rack of 40 needles though. There were areas that I definitely felt wore out after the 5 hour session.)

May 28 16 02:18 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Udor, those are AWESOME

May 28 16 04:26 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Jen B E wrote:

Hello,

edit to add: OOh! I'm posting under Udor on this, lucky me! Glad you are back!!

Thanks Jen! PM'ing you! smile

May 29 16 11:28 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Dea and the Beast wrote:
Udor, those are AWESOME

Thank you, Dea!  borat  smile

May 29 16 11:29 am Link