Forums > Events > Hocking Hills Group Shoot Oct. 1, 2016

Photographer

Cascading Falls Photogr

Rockbridge, Ohio, US

Let's do this one more time. I thing this is our 7th year. I have a lot of people that have been coming since the beginning and they think we can build it back up again. I need to rent the 6 cabins to make it work. $160 tax included for the weekend, up to 4 nights.[ normally 2 nights is $169- $237]

Jim Chandler
25791 Starr Rt. Rd.
Rockbridge, Oh 43149

740-385-0633

The official shoot is Sat. from 9 am till 6 pm but over the years it has grown to the whole weekend. Feel free to bring tents and campers and stay and shoot all weekend. Hopefully all 6 cabins will be rented. 2 are already rented to photographers.
We are in the middle of the Hocking Hills. It is one of the most beautiful natural area in the united states. It is worth the trip just to see this.

45 acres of forest. Hundreds of backgrounds. Plenty of places to shoot, even if it rains. 3 porch swings, deck furniture, barn scene under shelter house. Hocking hills parks within a few miles in any direction.

$25 for everyone. If a photographer wants to pay for a model, it may help more attend. My fixed cost to run this is around $450 and that is with Sharon and Jane working 3 days each. Continental breakfast , lunch, and drinks provided

The event is 18+ You don't have to shoot 18+ but some people do so people under 18 should not be here.

THE EVENT IS INVITE ONLY. IF i OR ONE OF MY INVITED PEOPLE DO NOT ASK YOU, YOU CANNOT ATTEND. ANY QUESTIONS, CONTACT ME. JIM

As usual, set up a schedule and start making posts to let people know you are coming.

MODELS:
Bjb22187 3919906
Emily Von  1368278
Jennifer Oaks, FB
Briska Powers, FB
Rebecca Kelso-Shaffer, FB
Elizabeth King, FB
Katie ORear 2445283
wideoutparker  3973910
Nikki Vaughn  2118329
DLatrice  2883765
Alternative Beauty  2316530
Danielle Bumgartner FB
Emily Kinnaird FB

PHOTOGRAPHERS:
Ken D Photography  1465001
Michael Lynch 422151
Steve C   475
Cascading Falls Photography  1120699
Creekstone Photography1502575
Columbus Digital  1307397
Al Fess   1685083
stevensonhl   3914167
Positive Image Studio  3596066
Shawn Ingram Photo  2335036
Bad Goat Photography  602710
michaelarion 1586052
Lamont-Thji Photography  1266558
V Photography  2792736
MyLIfeInTheBigCity   1116428

Cabins
1 Jennifer Oaks
2 Aaron Rhodes
3 Michael Lynch
4  OPEN
COTTAGES:
1 Ken D Photography
2 Dan Rowland, Positive Images Studio

Aug 22 16 07:56 pm Link

Photographer

Creekstone Photography

Dayton, Ohio, US

Happy to be the first Photog to confirm I will be there.
Thanks for the invite.

PC

Aug 22 16 08:05 pm Link

Photographer

Shawn Ingram Photo

Stoutsville, Ohio, US

I am definitely going to make it to this one but I'm not going to set up a schedule.  I'm still having a lot of issues with my feet and fatigue.  Docs can't really do anything for me. Only thing that could help is increasing meds but can't do that because current doses are already effecting liver and kidneys..  But I'll take that over the cancer any day!  Thankfully still cancer free!

At any rate, missing my Hocking Hills group shoot family and if nothing else I'm looking forward to hanging out on the porch and seeing everyone again!

I will bring my gear for anyone who wants to do a quickie shoot here or there, in between sessions, do a short lunch and quick shoot, or whatever.  I'm just not going to be able to do full sessions or back to back shooting.  Gonna have to rest between any shooting.

If anyone is interested, shoot me a private message and we can work up concepts.  I've been thinking about doing some fantasy type shoots at some point when I'm able to start shooting again. If you have elf, fairy, medieval, Lord of the Rings, Dragonlance, or similar styles of gamer cosplay type stuff let me know. I'm currently working on building a couple of video games (as the brain power lets me work on them) where that style will fit in with.  But willing to shoot whatever you need for your portfolio if we can come up with a plan based around 15-20 minute shoot times. smile

Can't wait to see everyone. Here's to hoping we have wonderful weather and wonderful fall colors!  AND... An awesome turnout! smile
Shawn

Aug 22 16 08:50 pm Link

Photographer

All Yours Photography

Lawton, Oklahoma, US

I'm not sure if I will be able to attend this time around, but I'm glad to see it continuing.  I have a bunch of family and personal stuff going on.

Aug 22 16 09:02 pm Link

Photographer

Columbus Digital

Columbus, Ohio, US

Please add me to the list.  Looking forward to it.  In order to promote the event, I think we should challenge each photographer to sponsor at least (1) or (2) models.

Aug 22 16 09:24 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Lynch

Dayton, Ohio, US

I'm in.  I want my regular cabin also.

Aug 23 16 04:25 am Link

Photographer

Vphotography

Delaware, Ohio, US

Missed the last two, count me in....

Aug 23 16 05:18 am Link

Photographer

BadGoatFoto

Fremont, Ohio, US

I am in! Looking forward to another relaxing fun weekend. I will take cabin #2 if I can, please.

Aug 23 16 02:43 pm Link

Photographer

SteveC

Lancaster, Ohio, US

I like seeing my name up there BEFORE I said anything..........lol

Of course I'm IN...

Aug 23 16 04:34 pm Link

Model

HeatherSirk

Shelbyville, Indiana, US

Sounds like a fun event. I should be able to make this.

Aug 23 16 06:01 pm Link

Photographer

Modstudios

Fairborn, Ohio, US

I may join in this wonderful experience:)

Aug 23 16 06:56 pm Link

Model

Lynni C

Columbus, Ohio, US

Shawn Ingram Photo wrote:
I am definitely going to make it to this one but I'm not going to set up a schedule.  I'm still having a lot of issues with my feet and fatigue.  Docs can't really do anything for me. Only thing that could help is increasing meds but can't do that because current doses are already effecting liver and kidneys..  But I'll take that over the cancer any day!  Thankfully still cancer free!

At any rate, missing my Hocking Hills group shoot family and if nothing else I'm looking forward to hanging out on the porch and seeing everyone again!

I will bring my gear for anyone who wants to do a quickie shoot here or there, in between sessions, do a short lunch and quick shoot, or whatever.  I'm just not going to be able to do full sessions or back to back shooting.  Gonna have to rest between any shooting.

If anyone is interested, shoot me a private message and we can work up concepts.  I've been thinking about doing some fantasy type shoots at some point when I'm able to start shooting again. If you have elf, fairy, medieval, Lord of the Rings, Dragonlance, or similar styles of gamer cosplay type stuff let me know. I'm currently working on building a couple of video games (as the brain power lets me work on them) where that style will fit in with.  But willing to shoot whatever you need for your portfolio if we can come up with a plan based around 15-20 minute shoot times. smile

Can't wait to see everyone. Here's to hoping we have wonderful weather and wonderful fall colors!  AND... An awesome turnout! smile
Shawn

So excited you're going!!  I may have to put together a wizardess, faerie elder queen,....hmmmmm

Aug 24 16 05:30 am Link

Model

babygurl1986

Glouster, Ohio, US

Im in jim if ya want me haven't got a invite but I always come n pay you when I arrive

Aug 24 16 11:19 am Link

Photographer

Shawn Ingram Photo

Stoutsville, Ohio, US

Lynni C wrote:
So excited you're going!!  I may have to put together a wizardess, faerie elder queen,....hmmmmm

Sounds good.  Always fun shooting with you.  I think those head shots we did last summer might have been the last time I shot. lol

Dan and the girls going to make it out to this one?

And yeah, I'm excited too.  Looking forward to see friends from past shoots and meet some of the new people who have started coming since I was last down there. smile

Aug 24 16 12:38 pm Link

Photographer

Shawn Ingram Photo

Stoutsville, Ohio, US

babygurl1986 wrote:
Im in jim if ya want me haven't got a invite but I always come n pay you when I arrive

I sent out a Facebook post to my models list last night and you are on that list.  Jim sent me a message personally inviting me, so you should be covered as far as invitation (unless you have been banned from the shoots for some reason).

Jim will have to answer regarding payments though.  I thought he had moved to a pay in advance deal to attempt a lower amount of no shows.

Aug 24 16 12:50 pm Link

Photographer

Cascading Falls Photogr

Rockbridge, Ohio, US

Would anyone be interested in shooting with Sirena Wren MM# 3666239 If I have her at the group shoot. She is a paid model and will come for $200 for the 2 days.

Let me know or contact her and arrange shoots individually.

Amelia Simone is also talking about coming back. She was here 2 years ago. She is also a paid model. She is my pic of the day. Click on it and you can get her contact info. Feel free to contact her. If you make it worth the trip, she will come.

Aug 24 16 01:47 pm Link

Photographer

Cascading Falls Photogr

Rockbridge, Ohio, US

We all need to invite people we know will act right and show up. I sent to everyone I know that I have worked with.

Photographers especially need to invite models. I only invited 4. I have not been shooting in a while and my contact list is getting smaller.

Aug 25 16 08:18 am Link

Photographer

Shawn Ingram Photo

Stoutsville, Ohio, US

Cascading Falls Photogr wrote:
We all need to invite people we know will act right and show up. I sent to everyone I know that I have worked with.

Photographers especially need to invite models. I only invited 4. I have not been shooting in a while and my contact list is getting smaller.

My list I invited consisted of 28.  Although Jami and Tiffany already said they were coming here in the thread and Amanda (babygurl) has posted.  Alii and Arielle are also in that list, so I assume if they are coming Jami probably already let you know.

I talked to Cat Ferrel last night and she is checking to see if her work schedule is open and make sure she doesn't already have plans. So she was a maybe.  But she also said she didn't get the post I sent to my models list on Facebook.  So it looks like Facebook's thinking they know what we want to see from the people we follow and filtering shit strikes again.

I also contacted Jesika Priser and Jessica Evelyn Handa and they are both maybes.  I gave them all links to my post they were supposed to get which explained if they wanted to come to post here and make arrangements to get payment to you.  I'll work through some more of my list this evening to verify people got my post and feel out whether they think they will come.

Aug 25 16 09:28 am Link

Model

Brandy J0

Columbus, Ohio, US

I'll be there! I have a hard stop at 5 though. Trying to work it out so I can come down on Friday.

Aug 25 16 10:09 am Link

Photographer

stevensonhl

Hamilton, Ohio, US

I am in as a photographer. Do we send the money to the same address as the spring shoot. I mentioned it to Abby Guss she is checking her schedule to see if she can make it.

Aug 26 16 07:59 am Link

Photographer

Cascading Falls Photogr

Rockbridge, Ohio, US

stevensonhl wrote:
I am in as a photographer. Do we send the money to the same address as the spring shoot. I mentioned it to Abby Guss she is checking her schedule to see if she can make it.

Yes, same address. It is now posted above.

Aug 26 16 09:25 am Link

Photographer

SteveC

Lancaster, Ohio, US

Amelia???  Def yes, Simone.. ah huh...  wink

Aug 27 16 06:06 am Link

Photographer

Kens Nude Glamour

North Canton, Ohio, US

Just letting you know, Priscilla and I will not be coming to the Hocking Hills shoot. You can re-arrange your schedules with other models.
Ken

Aug 28 16 08:53 am Link

Photographer

Al Fess

Berea, Ohio, US

I am Al Fess a seasoned pro from Cleveland, Ohio. I enjoyed the Chandler Hocking Hills experience and fine hospitality at the cool May group shoot. I will be bringing my camper again if it is okay with you Jim. My check is in the mail. I will come down on Friday afternoon and stay to Sunday if there are interested models for Friday and Sunday. Any models interested please send me an MM message.

FRIDAY
After 3 PM  OPEN

SATURDAY
7:00 AM  Jessica Handa - Waterfall
9:15 - 11:00 AM  Emily Von - Waterfalls
11:00 - 12:30 OPEN
12:00 -1:00 Lunch
1:00 - 2:30 OPEN
2:30 - 5:00 Haley Fisher & Katie ORear
5:00 - 6:00 Dinner
6:00 - ? Assisting Dan & Margaret

SUNDAY
Morning   OPEN

https://65.media.tumblr.com/91da50598a5930fedabc50059f50e2c9/tumblr_ocqnsrVWij1qceb4eo1_1280.jpg

www.alfessphotography.com

Aug 28 16 05:45 pm Link

Photographer

stevensonhl

Hamilton, Ohio, US

Cascading Falls Photogr wrote:

Yes, same address. It is now posted above.

Aug 29 16 01:09 pm Link

Photographer

stevensonhl

Hamilton, Ohio, US

stevensonhl wrote:

Put money in the mail today!!!

Aug 29 16 01:09 pm Link

Photographer

Cascading Falls Photogr

Rockbridge, Ohio, US

Sorry I havn't been on here for a few days. My internet has been out 5 days.

Again, ken Adams is bringing a wonderful model with him to our shoot. If we would all do this, this could be an awesome event.
Each photographer bring one model. If they need a place to stay, I will take care of that and feed them.

It is just an idea???

Aug 30 16 11:20 am Link

Model

Nikki Vaughn

Middletown, Ohio, US

I'm in ! I can't wait , this is the perfect chance for me to update my portfolio. Please message me if interested in shooting.

Aug 30 16 02:19 pm Link

Photographer

Al Fess

Berea, Ohio, US

It looks like I will have 2 or 3 models coming down for this photo shoot. Just waiting on confirmations. I will post their schedules in a day or two. The confirmed model does not have MM. Margaret is coming, take a look at here schedule that I posted. Also I had contacted Jessica Handa and she said she is coming for sure and will post a schedule asap. The third model could not free up her time. I'll keep trying.

Aug 30 16 02:23 pm Link

Photographer

Lamont-Thji Photography

Springfield, Ohio, US

Thanks Jim! I will be there!

Aug 30 16 05:01 pm Link

Model

Lynni C

Columbus, Ohio, US

Just looked it up and  October 1st is an OSU home game and we have season tickets.
Dan for sure, can't go to the shoot, but my brother may be taking my ticket, but it may be last minute for me to know.

We hadn't checked the football schedule until this week with the first game this weekend.

I won't book any slots at all, just in case.

If I can make it, I'll fill in photog empty slots, if they'd like...or....just relax with the veterans of this wonderful group shoot.

Aug 30 16 10:18 pm Link

Photographer

Cascading Falls Photogr

Rockbridge, Ohio, US

Lynni C wrote:
Just looked it up and  October 1st is an OSU home game and we have season tickets.
Dan for sure, can't go to the shoot, but my brother may be taking my ticket, but it may be last minute for me to know.

We hadn't checked the football schedule until this week with the first game this weekend.

If I can make it, I'll fill in photog empty slots, if they'd like...or....just relax with the veterans of this wonderful group shoot.

I hate it when this happens. You guys have been here from the beginning and we miss you when you aren't here.

Aug 31 16 04:10 pm Link

Photographer

Cascading Falls Photogr

Rockbridge, Ohio, US

I received money from 3 people today for 5 people. You need to send your money to get on the list.

There are only 6 cabins. 2 are rented. It is first come first served. The first 6 people that send their money get the cabins.

Cabins:
2. Aaron Rhodes
3. Michael Lynch

Aug 31 16 04:14 pm Link

Photographer

Shawn Ingram Photo

Stoutsville, Ohio, US

Lynni C wrote:

What do you mean IF you can make it?  Do I need to drive to Columbus and drag you down there kicking and screaming?!?  :p

You can't not come when I'm gonna be there kiddo..  :p  Sounds like perfect time for girl's weekend for you, Alii, and Arielle! :p

Hope you can make it..  Won't be the same without my adopted sis there... :p

Aug 31 16 06:13 pm Link

Photographer

All Yours Photography

Lawton, Oklahoma, US

Lynni C wrote:

It's only a ball game.  hmm

Sep 01 16 04:30 am Link

Photographer

michaelarion

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Many thanks to Jim and Sharon for their continued commitment in hosting a great workshop opportunity to serious photographers and models whose benefit is mutual to all. 
Here's my schedule for models who want to add a creative and artistic touch to their portfolio:

11 a.m. -     
12:30 p.m. - Margaret
2 p.m. -        Emily Von 
3 p.m. -
4 p.m. -        DLatrice
5 p.m. -       
6 p.m. -        KL Carter
7 p.m. -        Katie O'Rear

Sep 01 16 08:43 am Link

Model

Emily Emogene

Fayetteville, Arkansas, US

SCHEDULE EDITED THURSDAY, SEPT 15TH:
Right now my plans are to do all day Saturday.
I've made plans to shoot with the following, although at last check of my messages we'd yet to pinpoint what time for some of them:

9:30-11: Al Fess
12:00: Columbus Digital
2:00 - michaelarion
3:00 - Stevensonhl
4:00 - Creekstone Photography
5:00 - Michael Lynch

I'm pretty open to trying new things and experimenting with ideas.  I'm pretty spontaneous and easy going so if anyone wants a shot of someone jumping off a waterfall, I'm your girl.  (Ha.)  I'm looking forward to meeting you all face to face!

Sep 02 16 07:47 am Link

Photographer

All Yours Photography

Lawton, Oklahoma, US

Emily Von wrote:
Got an invite and am very excited; I do plan on attending!  Who should I message for a few questions?

Jim, the OP (Cascading Falls Photography).  He is the man.

Sep 02 16 11:03 am Link

Photographer

Positive Image studios

Aberdeen, Ohio, US

Attending as a photographer.  I used to be Commercial Works Photo but closed that page a while back.

If you would like to schedule a time, I will probably arrive Thursday evening and depart Sunday morning. 

I am looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Sep 03 16 12:36 pm Link

Photographer

Al Fess

Berea, Ohio, US

I will be bringing model "Margaret' with me to the fall shoot. She will be there Friday after 4 PM through Sunday until NOON. She is looking for someone interested in doing a bit of a horror shot with a wedding dress that she has. Just  message me for details. She does not have a MM or FB page due to family issues.
Margaret is willing to do most genres, cosplay, fashion, glamour, nude, light fetish and some halloween fun. She is very athletic and loves climb or to hang from just about anything.
https://67.media.tumblr.com/36c98bd50343c33453bb9669dd7d3be8/tumblr_oczoigoUlP1qceb4eo1_540.jpg

Message me with your time request and ideas.
FRIDAY
4:00 - 6:00 Al Fess
6:00- ? dinner

SATURDAY

7:00 - 8:30 OPEN
830: - 10:00      Steve Sonhl -Fetish and Wedding dress
10:00 - 11:30 OPEN
11:30 - 12:30 LUNCH
12:30 - 2:00 Michael Arion - Wedding  dress, nude and rope.
2:00 - 3:30  Columbus Digital
3:30 - 5:00 Mike Lynch - Masks & costumes - Halloween
5:00 - 6:00 Dinner
6:00 - ?          DAN, Positive Image - Daisy Dukes style

SUNDAY (morning)

OPEN

Sep 04 16 09:54 am Link