Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > Reached 500 Photos

Photographer

Chris David Photography

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

After all these years just uploading and very rarely deleting or organising my photos have hit the max 500 with some work spanning the past decade or so. FB, IG and other networks have over taken MM for sourcing a team when I need one these days and hence will probably be my last year under VIP.
I can not remember the last time I've asked for C&C so with a quick scroll through how did I go?

May 31 17 05:55 am Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

I scrolled down a little ways and stopped.

High caliber of work overall but 500 images is way too many!!!!!!

Imagine that you are only allowed to post 20 images. This is plenty to tell your story and probably the maximum if you are hoping for more than a brief glance at each thumbnail.

Start with any that may have less than amazing expressions on the model's face.

Check for any questionable "amputations" in cropping and remove those.

Then group all similar shots and pick the best of each style.

Repeat.

It's a LOT of work, nobody can or will do it but you!!!! big_smile

May 31 17 12:01 pm Link

Photographer

David Kirk

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Shadow Dancer wrote:
I scrolled down a little ways and stopped.

High caliber of work overall but 500 images is way too many!!!!!!

Imagine that you are only allowed to post 20 images. This is plenty to tell your story and probably the maximum if you are hoping for more than a brief glance at each thumbnail.

Start with any that may have less than amazing expressions on the model's face.

Check for any questionable "amputations" in cropping and remove those.

Then group all similar shots and pick the best of each style.

Repeat.

It's a LOT of work, nobody can or will do it but you!!!! big_smile

+1

I expect there are some great images in there, but honestly I couldn't find them.  Lots of good ones, but if you really want to people to see your best you'll have to help them out by getting that 500 down to 50 or less.

Jun 02 17 05:59 am Link

Photographer

Bluestill Photography

Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan

I agree with the other post. I only viewed the first page. You have some good work on it, but you also have a lot of very similar/repeat work in your portfolio. You also have stuff that just doesn't make sense about being mixed in with the good stuff. for example this: https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130912/05/5231b6c758f17_m.jpg my only question is why?? Not that it isn't, good, it is just amongst many of them in your port, it is not good enough. Only keep the stuff that gives you goosebumps and you will be able to eliminate the excessive and get this portfolio down to a realistic number like 490 :-)

Jun 02 17 09:14 pm Link