login info join!
Forums > General Industry > Is HELLO MAGAZINE email a scam? Search   Reply
first123last
Photographer
SMf0t0
Posts: 1
Washington, District of Columbia, US


Blown, thought it was legit for a second...

"
sent from: hikes234@yahoo.com

Hello,
We are happy to inform you that you are one of the few photographers  chosen out of the screening performed for us by modelmayhem, you have the necessary Requirement we need for our Magazine  update (www.hellomagazine.com)September-october 2011 issue, We here by decide as a committee to offer you this photographic pay job, I will be very happy if you could send me some of your work. My client wants to update her Catalog with her Midyear Release Fashion outfits and I'm interested in your work for the professional shooting no nudity, fetish, bondage. So if you have interest in this opportunity you can get back to me. The shoot will hold at a rented photographer's studio close to your location, the shoot will be 2hrs daily, we would be responsible for your transportation and other personal expenses throughout the photo shoot, the invitation letter would be mailed to you, You have the opportunity to bring along an assistant which we would handle the expenses along with your own just for you to feel comfortable throughout the shoot.

JOB DETAILS:
You have 5 different models and Fashion outfits to cover, outfit  will be provided by our wardrobe stylist on the day of the shooting and the shoot is just for 2 days and you will be paid $1100 for the whole project, the Job is Urgent so you are to get back to us as soon as possible so that we can arrange on how to get you the part payment, meet the models and other crew members. You would be paid the initial payment of $200 to guarantee your participation in the shoot, as part of our working policy and ethics of our company, we give part payment to any client before we proceed with any job and balance immediately after the work.As I told you earlier this project is very urgent we will be taking care of your payment, accommodation and other expenses. The part payment would be mailed directly to you along side with the models cloth allowance, shoes and costume fee for the shoot.Location, time and date will be made known to you soon, this is to ensure that we pick a convenient time and place for the shoot
NOTE: As soon as you get the payment, you will deduct $200 and wire the remaining balance to the wardrobe stylist. The wardrobe stylist will contact you as soon as she receives all your information from us, if you have interest kindly get back to us with your details as follows:

PHOTOGRAPHER'S INFORMATION
1. Name:

2. Studio name (optional

3. Years of experience:

4. Phone#:

5.Address:

6. Cities:

7. State:

8. Zip Code

PAYMENT INFORMATION
1. Name on check:

2. Complete Mailing Address:

3. Cities:

4.
State:

5. Zip Code:


REQUIRED EQUIPMENT:

_____________________________________________
_____________________________________________
_____________________________________________
_____________________________________________
_____________________________________________
_____________________________________________

I hereby represent and warrant that the above information is true and Kindly know that PO Box is not applicable .
Thanks
Helen
www.hellomagazine.com"

Why don't we spam his box??? send him/her spam!!! haha
Oct 02 11 09:07 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Allix Hannah
Posts: 1
Islip, New York, US


Crap! I knew I should have researched this.  Now they have my address.  And then I received the second e-mail and knew something was wierd and knew it was a scam.  I hope it's not really bad I gave them my name, and address....
Oct 30 11 09:48 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Mica Teal
Posts: 2
Lake Forest, California, US


Sad.

I thought the universe was speaking to me.

I just got this scam email too from a person named Ronald.

If you get this email from someone posing to hire you, contact the magazine right away.

Nov 02 11 09:24 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Cynthia Serrano
Posts: 12,436
Newark, New Jersey, US


aquarelle wrote:
I always wonder why the scammers can't send their own damn check to the stylist.

the scammers are the "stylist" taking the money when the check bounces they walk away with money

Nov 02 11 09:53 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DOUGLASFOTOS
Posts: 7,622
Los Angeles, California, US


Glamour Images Inc wrote:
Recently I received an email from HELLO MAGAZINE offering me a gig because they saw my profile on MM. They want to send me a check and then want me to forward part of the check to a wardrobe/stylist. Sounds like a scam. Anyone else receive this? R-

OP...you been here since 2008? HUH? What am I missing here?

Nov 02 11 10:03 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Photographer Akeem
Posts: 1
Tampa, Florida, US


I got the same thing i recieve the check,day later he with drawn it back out.and ask me to send 200 dollarThey a scam.
Feb 23 12 07:57 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
A-RAB Photography
Posts: 1
Bakersfield, California, US


YES!! i just received one today..he says he is the "manager" of the magazine but yet he had poor grammar and punctuation in his letter! also, he said in the first paragraph that the models and clothing was provided from them, but in the second paragraph he states that they will give me money for the clothes to provide the models with. this frightened me because of the fact that my sister told me that the people in the military received a packet saying that a lot of HUMAN SEX TRAFFICKERS does this EXACT same scam!! I am reporting this email to the police ASAP! If i were you i would also!
Feb 29 12 09:08 pm  Link  Quote 
Hair Stylist
Lauren Justine
Posts: 1
San Francisco, California, US


I got a very similar email as well..
Hello,
> My name is Andrew am a freelance hairstylist, i work under hellomagazine for
> the selections of stylist and we are happy to inform you that you are one of
> the few hairstylist chosen out of the screening performed by us from model
> mayhem, you have the necessary Requirement we need for our Magazine  update
> (www.hellomagazine.com) April-May 2012 issue, We hereby decide as a
> committee to offer you this Hairstylist pay job, I will be very happy if you
> could send me some of your work. My client wants to update her Catalog with
> her  yearly Release Fashion outfits and we are interested in your work for
> the professional shooting we are about to make no nudity, fetish, bondage.
> So if you have interest in this opportunity you can get back to us. The
> shoot will holding at a rented photographer's studio close to your location
> and we will need you to be present on or a day to the program so that you
> can get to meet up with the rest of the crew you will be working
>  together with, the shoot will be 2hrs daily, we would be responsible for
> your transportation and other personal expenses throughout the shoot, the
> invitation letter would be mailed to you, You have the opportunity to bring
> along an assistant which we would handle the expenses along with your own
> just for you to feel comfortable throughout the shoot, you will also be
> paired with a wardrobe stylist which yo are to work together on this
> project.
>
> JOB DETAILS:
> You have 5 different models to work on their hair, outfit  will be provided
> by the wardrobe stylist on the day of the shooting and the shoot is just for
> 2 days and you will be paid $2,800 for the whole project, the Job is Urgent
> so you are to get back to us as soon as possible so that we can arrange on
> how to get you the part payment, meet the models and other crew members. You
> would be paid the initial payment of $550 to guarantee your participation in
> the shoot, as part of our working policy and ethics of our company, we give
> part payment to any client before we proceed with any job and balance
> immediately after the work.As I told you earlier this project is very urgent
> we will be taking care of your payment, accommodation and other expenses.
> The part payment would be mailed directly to you along side with the models
> cloth allowance, shoes and costume fee for the shoot. Location, time and
> date will be made known to you soon, this is to ensure that we
>  pick a convenient time and place for the shoot.
>
> NOTE: As soon as you get the payment, you will deduct $550 and wire the
> remaining balance to the wardrobe stylist. The wardrobe stylist will contact
> you as soon as she receives all your information from us, if you have
> interest kindly get back to us with your details as follows:
>
> HAIRSTYLIST INFORMATION:
> 1. Name:
> 2. Studio name (optional
> 3. Years of experience:
> 4. Phone#:
> 5.Address:
> 6. Cities:
> 7. State:
> 8. Zip Code
>
> PAYMENT INFORMATION
> 1. Name on check:
> 2. Complete Mailing Address:
> 3. Cities:
> 4.State:
> 5. Zip Code:
>
> REQUIRED EQUIPMENT:
> _____________________________________________
> _____________________________________________
> _____________________________________________
> _____________________________________________
> _____________________________________________
> _____________________________________________
> I hereby represent and warrant that the above information is true and Kindly
> know that PO Box is not applicable .
> Thanks
> Andrew Gilbirth.
Apr 26 12 09:19 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
The DanMarc Co
Posts: 1
San Diego, California, US


On May 2, 2012, at 11:04 PM, andrew gilbirth wrote:

Hello,

My name is Andrew, am a Freelance photographer. I work under
Hellomagazine for the selection of photographers i came across your
profile On Modelmayhem i found it interesting and i will Like to do
some work with
you. We are happy to inform you that you are one of the few
photographer chosen out of the screening exercise performed for us by
modelmayhem, you have got the necessary Requirement we need for our
Magazine update www.hellomagazine.com which is coming up on the 25th
and 26th of May, We here by decided as a committee to offer you this
photographic pay job, I will be very happy if you could send me some
of your work. My client wants to update her Catalog with her New year
Release Fashion outfits and I'm interested in
you for the professional shooting, no nudity, fetish, bondage, escort
and other adult  content stuff. So if you are interested you can get
back to me. The shoot will hold at a rented photographers studio very
close to your location, the shoot will be 2hrs daily, we would be
responsible for your transport and feeding throughout the photo shoot,
Your invitation letter would be mailed to you,You also have the
opportunity to bring along an assistant which we would handle the
expenses along with your own just for you to feel comfortable
throughout the shoot.

JOB DETAILS:
You have 5 different models and Fashion outfits to cover, outfit  will
be provided by our wardrobe stylist on the day of the shooting and the
shoot is just for 2 days and you will be paid $2,500 for the whole
project, the Job is Urgent so you are to get back to us as soon as
possible so that we can arrange on how to get you the part payment, meet
the  models and other crew members. You would be paid the initial
payment of $350 to guarantee your participation in the shoot, as part of
our working policy and ethics of our company, we give part payment to
any client before we proceed with any job and balance immediately after
the work.

As I told you earlier this project is very urgent we will be taking care
of your payment, accommodation and other expenses. The part payment
would be mailed directly to you along side with the models  cloth
allowance, shoes and costume fee for the shoot.
Location,time and date will be made known to you soon,this is to ensure
that we pick a convenient time and place for the shoot.
NOTE: As soon as you get the payment, you will deduct $350 and wire the
remaining balance to the wardrobe stylist. The wardrobe stylist will
contact you as soon as she receives all your information from us, if
you are interested
kindly get back to us with your details as follows:

PHOTOGRAPHER'S INFORMATION

1. Name:
__________________________________________

2. Studio name (optional):
__________________________________________

3. Years of experience:
__________________________________________

4. Phone#:
__________________________________________

5.Address:
__________________________________________

6. Cities:
__________________________________________

7. State:
__________________________________________

8. ZipCode:
__________________________________________


PAYMENT INFORMATION

1. Name on check:
__________________________________________

2. Complete Mailing Address:
_________________________________________

3.Cities:
_________________________________________

4.State:
_________________________________________

5.Zip. Code:
_______________________________________
REQUIRED EQUIPMENT:
__________________________________________
__________________________________________
__________________________________________
__________________________________________
__________________________________________
__________________________________________
I hereby represent and warrant that the above information is true and
Kindly
know that PO Box is not applicable .
Thanks
Andrew Gilbirth.
Hello Magazine



That was the second one I got and for both e-mail, I replied...

"KISS MY A**!
THE PINK PART I MEAN!
STICK THAT TONGUE IN NICE AND SLOW!
AND AFTER THAT, GO F*** YOURSELVES!!!"
May 02 12 11:31 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Belinda Ladley
Posts: 1
Orlando, Florida, US


It looks a bit different now:

Hello,
I am happy to inform you that you are the lucky one out of the few models we contacted on model mayhem, you have got the necessary Requirements we needed for our Magazine (www.hellomagazine.com) update on the 26th Of May 2012. We hereby decide as a committee to offer you this modeling pay job.

This shoot contains No Nudity, Fetish, Bondage, and other Adult content stuffs. If you are interested, you can get back to us immediately you have this read and well understood. The shoot will hold at a rented photographers studio in your state( Traveling expenses is covered) and the shoot will take 2 hours, which will commences at 4pm and ends at 6pm.
   We will be responsible for your Transport fee and Feeding throughout the shoot, you have the privilege to come with an escort of your own choice and we will be responsible for his or her well being also. Your pay for the shoot will be the sum of $800.00 for the 2 hours shoot. This project is organized by the Hello Magazine and is basically for a FASHION PHOTO SHOOT to display latest fashions and designers for commercial purpose and it's going to be an outdoor show that will be publicized and many things will be shot with as an objects.


MAKE UP ARTIST AND PHOTOGRAPHER :

We have our own personal photographers and makeup artist, so we have made all necessary arrangement for your good looking on that day and also our photographers are available to give you their best directive and makes you look more reasonable than you will be expecting.


PAYMENT INFORMATION:

A check payment of $2950 will be mail out to you not less than 10 days before the shoot, you'll deduct $300 for your part payment fee and you'll have the remainder send to the fashion designer for your wardrobes payment. (You are not paying anything out of your own pocket)
  Be aware that all the wardrobes will be send out to you as soon as the fashion designer received the payment from you so you can check them out and see if they are perfect for your size.


Below are the information to apply for the job if you are really interested and agreed with the above said:


YOUR MEASUREMENTS :

:
:
:
:
:
:

YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION :

Full name to be on the payment check :
Physical Home Address ( NO P.O.BOX PLEASE ) :
Apt#:
City :
State :
Zip code:
Cell Phone # :
Your Current Email In Use :


Regards!
Simpson
www.hellomagazine.com
May 04 12 02:33 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Amber Moses
Posts: 5
PAIGE, Texas, US


Got one today. His email was robertdennis91@yahoo.com, obviously his name was Robert Dennis.

-------------------------------
Hello,
  I am happy to inform you that you are the lucky one out of the few models we contacted on model mayhem, you have got the necessary Requirements we needed for our Magazine (www.hellomagazine.com) update on the (2nd of June 2012). We hereby decide as a committee to offer you this modeling pay job. This shoot contains No Nudity, Fetish, Bondage, and other Adult content stuffs. If you are interested, you can get back to us immediately you have this read and well understood. The shoot will hold at a rented photographers studio in your state( Traveling expenses is covered) and the shoot will take 2 hours, which will commences at 4pm and ends at 6pm.
   We will be responsible for your Transport fee and Feeding throughout the shoot, you have the privilege to come with an escort of your own choice and we will be responsible for his or her well being also. Your pay for the shoot will be the sum of $800.00 for the 2 hours shoot. This project is organized by the Hello Magazine and is basically for a FASHION PHOTO SHOOT to display latest fashions and designers for commercial purpose and it's going to be an outdoor show that will be publicized and many things will be shot with as an objects.


MAKE UP ARTIST AND PHOTOGRAPHER :

We have our own personal photographers and makeup artist, so we have made all necessary arrangement for your good looking on that day and also our photographers are available to give you their best directive and makes you look more reasonable than you will be expecting.


PAYMENT INFORMATION:

A check payment of $2950 will be mail out to you not less than 10 days before the shoot, you'll deduct $300 for your part payment fee and you'll have the remainder send to the fashion designer for your wardrobes payment. (You are not paying anything out of your own pocket)
  Be aware that all the wardrobes will be send out to you as soon as the fashion designer received the payment from you so you can check them out and see if they are perfect for your size.


Below are the information to apply for the job if you are really interested and agreed with the above said:


YOUR MEASUREMENTS :

:
:
:
:
:
:

YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION :

Full name to be on the payment check :
Physical Home Address :
Apt#:
City :
State :
Zip code:
Cell Phone # :
Your Current Email In Use :


Regards!
Robert
www.hellomagazine.com

----------------------
The wording is awful, and it's just a common sense thing that this isn't right.
May 15 12 05:02 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Curlsz Hinton
Posts: 1
Jamaica, New York, US


SCAM ?

Hello,
  I am happy to inform you that you are the lucky one out of the few models we contacted on model mayhem, you have got the necessary Requirements we needed for our Magazine (www.hellomagazine.com) update on the (10th Of June 2012). We hereby decide as a committee to offer you this modeling pay job. This shoot contains No Nudity, Fetish, Bondage, and other Adult content stuffs. If you are interested, you can get back to us immediately you have this read and well understood. The shoot will hold at a rented photographers studio in your state( Traveling expenses is covered) and the shoot will take 2 hours, which will commences (at 4pm and ends at 6pm)
   We will be responsible for your Transport fee and Feeding throughout the shoot, you have the privilege to come with an escort of your own choice and we will be responsible for his or her well being also. Your pay for the shoot will be the sum of $600.00 for the 2 hours shoot. This project is organized by the Hello Magazine and is basically for a FASHION PHOTO SHOOT to display latest fashions and designers for commercial purpose and it's going to be an outdoor show that will be publicized and many things will be shot with as an objects.


MAKE UP ARTIST AND PHOTOGRAPHER :

We have our own personal photographers and makeup artist, so we have made all necessary arrangement for your good looking on that day and also our photographers are available to give you their best directive and makes you look more reasonable than you will be expecting.


PAYMENT INFORMATION:

A check payment of $2900 will be mail out to you not less than 10 days before the shoot, you'll deduct $300 for your part payment fee and you'll have the remainder send to the fashion designer for your wardrobes payment. (You are not paying anything out of your own pocket)
  Be aware that all the wardrobes will be send out to you as soon as the fashion designer received the payment from you so you can check them out and see if they are perfect for your size.


Below are the information to apply for the job if you are really interested and agreed with the above said:


YOUR MEASUREMENTS :

:
:
:
:
:
:

YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION :

Full name to be on the payment check :
Physical Home Address :
Apt#:
City :
State :
Zip code:
Cell Phone # :
Your Current Email In Use :


Regards!
Martin
www.hellomagazine.com
May 18 12 07:48 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Blue Cube Imaging
Posts: 10,888
Ashland, Oregon, US


Moderator Note!
Yes, it is a scam...

As with most things, if it sounds too good to be true it likely is.

Scams abound online, on Model Mayhem and elsewhere. On your "My Stuff" page you'll see this:

http://mms.ibsrv.net/images/info/AvoidScams.jpg

Click on it and follow the links for valuable information on how to recognize scams.

As a new member it is highly recommended that you not have your email address on you page as scam artists glean new member accounts for information.

Use M.M. messaging for communications, if you reply to a message and the account has been closed that means we have removed them for uses outside of what we allow. That is why they want you to communicate via email.

Never sign into your Model Mayhem account by clicking or following a link you receive in an email or PM. That is a way for scammers to steal your login information.

If you receive a message that appears to be a scam please copy and paste it into a CAM (Contact a Mod) located under the info button at the top of every page or by following this link Contact-A-Mod.
May 18 12 07:56 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Miss Averyy
Posts: 23
Scottsdale, Arizona, US


SMf0t0 wrote:
Blown, thought it was legit for a second...

"
sent from: hikes234@yahoo.com

Hello,
We are happy to inform you that you are one of the few photographers  chosen out of the screening performed for us by modelmayhem, you have the necessary Requirement we need for our Magazine  update (www.hellomagazine.com)September-october 2011 issue, We here by decide as a committee to offer you this photographic pay job, I will be very happy if you could send me some of your work. My client wants to update her Catalog with her Midyear Release Fashion outfits and I'm interested in your work for the professional shooting no nudity, fetish, bondage. So if you have interest in this opportunity you can get back to me. The shoot will hold at a rented photographer's studio close to your location, the shoot will be 2hrs daily, we would be responsible for your transportation and other personal expenses throughout the photo shoot, the invitation letter would be mailed to you, You have the opportunity to bring along an assistant which we would handle the expenses along with your own just for you to feel comfortable throughout the shoot.

JOB DETAILS:
You have 5 different models and Fashion outfits to cover, outfit  will be provided by our wardrobe stylist on the day of the shooting and the shoot is just for 2 days and you will be paid $1100 for the whole project, the Job is Urgent so you are to get back to us as soon as possible so that we can arrange on how to get you the part payment, meet the models and other crew members. You would be paid the initial payment of $200 to guarantee your participation in the shoot, as part of our working policy and ethics of our company, we give part payment to any client before we proceed with any job and balance immediately after the work.As I told you earlier this project is very urgent we will be taking care of your payment, accommodation and other expenses. The part payment would be mailed directly to you along side with the models cloth allowance, shoes and costume fee for the shoot.Location, time and date will be made known to you soon, this is to ensure that we pick a convenient time and place for the shoot
NOTE: As soon as you get the payment, you will deduct $200 and wire the remaining balance to the wardrobe stylist. The wardrobe stylist will contact you as soon as she receives all your information from us, if you have interest kindly get back to us with your details as follows:

PHOTOGRAPHER'S INFORMATION
1. Name:

2. Studio name (optional

3. Years of experience:

4. Phone#:

5.Address:

6. Cities:

7. State:

8. Zip Code

PAYMENT INFORMATION
1. Name on check:

2. Complete Mailing Address:

3. Cities:

4.
State:

5. Zip Code:


Just got a smilier email... I went with it.. now I just received a check from a fourth party. Its a scam He introduced himself as Dennis Simpson to me.


REQUIRED EQUIPMENT:

_____________________________________________
_____________________________________________
_____________________________________________
_____________________________________________
_____________________________________________
_____________________________________________

I hereby represent and warrant that the above information is true and Kindly know that PO Box is not applicable .
Thanks
Helen
www.hellomagazine.com"

Why don't we spam his box??? send him/her spam!!! haha

Just got a smilier email... I went with it.. now I just received a check from a fourth party. Its a scam He introduced himself as Dennis Simpson to me.

Jun 13 12 03:05 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Miss Averyy
Posts: 23
Scottsdale, Arizona, US


Dennis Simpson
Dennis Simpson
dennissimpson234@yahoo.com

To Avery
Hello,
  I am happy to inform you that you are the lucky one out of the few models we contacted on model mayhem, you have got the necessary Requirements we needed for our Magazine (www.hellomagazine.com) update on the (30th of June 2012). We hereby decided as a committee to offer you this modeling paid gig. This shoot contains No Nudity, Fetish, Bondage, and other Adult content stuffs. If you are interested, you can get back to us immediately you have this read and well understood. The shoot will hold at a rented photographers studio in your state( Traveling expenses is covered) and the shoot will take 2 hours, which will commences (at 4pm and ends at 6pm)

   We will be responsible for your Transport fee and Feeding throughout the shoot, you have the privilege to come with an escort of your own choice and we will be responsible for his or her well being also. Your pay for the shoot will be the sum of $600.00 for the 2 hours shoot. This project is organized by the Hello Magazine and is basically for a FASHION PHOTO SHOOT to display latest fashions and designers for commercial purpose and it's going to be an outdoor show that will be publicized and many things will be shot with as an objects.


MAKE UP ARTIST AND PHOTOGRAPHER :

We have our own personal photographers and makeup artist, so we have made all necessary arrangement for your good looking on that day and also our photographers are available to give you their best directive and makes you look more reasonable than you will be expecting.


PAYMENT INFORMATION:

A check payment of $2900 will be mail out to you not less than 10 days before the shoot, you'll deduct $300 for your part payment fee and you'll have the remainder send to the fashion designer for your wardrobes payment. (You are not paying anything out of your own pocket)
  Be aware that all the wardrobes will be send out to you as soon as the fashion designer received the payment from you so you can check them out and see if they are perfect for your size.


Below are the information to apply for the job if you are really interested and agreed with the above said:


YOUR MEASUREMENTS :

:
:
:
:
:
:

YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION :

Full name to be on the payment check :
Physical Home Address :
Apt#:
City :
State :
Zip code:
Cell Phone # :
Your Current Email In Use :


Regards!
Dennis
www.hellomagazine.com


SAME EXACT THING AS YOU ALL. This is horrible and I called him out on his shit. I will NOT put up with shit like this! Like I know many of you won't!
Jun 14 12 03:10 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
SerenaLynn
Posts: 4
Denver, Colorado, US


I received a message from a man 'Dennis Simpson' claiming this offer for HELLO magazine. He said I would be paid $600. I would receive a check for $2900, I would keep $300 and send the rest to the designer. I'm so glad I didn't fall for this! The email has several spelling and grammar mistakes. If you get one, please don't reply, it's not real! I called him out on it and told HELLO magazine his name and email address.
Jun 29 12 12:46 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SME
Posts: 20,702
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US


Moderator Note!

serena lynn wrote:
I received a message from a man 'Dennis Simpson' claiming this offer for HELLO magazine. He said I would be paid $600. I would receive a check for $2900, I would keep $300 and send the rest to the designer. I'm so glad I didn't fall for this! The email has several spelling and grammar mistakes. If you get one, please don't reply, it's not real! I called him out on it and told HELLO magazine his name and email address.

Serena, if you received this message from someone on Model Mayhem, please contact the moderators with a link to the profile it came from.

Thank you!

Jun 29 12 01:15 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Sarah E Schriver
Posts: 1
Longmont, Colorado, US


This is from my mom:

Note:  This is not Sarah, but her mother Sherri.  I always go over any deals made with my daughter, especially since she only just came of age to agree to her own contracts.

I just received the same thing from Dennis Simpson.  All you need to do is read the payment process they want to use in order to know it is a scam.  Anyone that wants you to float money out of your account while another check clears is someone you don't want to do business with.  Them giving you a check that you keep part of while passing on anther part to someone else can only be done by depositing it into your account and using your own money while the bank waits for it to clear.  And if by some remote chance the bank will let you cash it, you'll have to guarantee it and agree that if the check gets returned, it comes out of your account.  Either way, you get robbed out of your money.  In Sarah's case, she would have been robbed of $2,600.

Just think how much money that is if only 10 people out of 1,000 emails fall for the scam.  Its well over the felony theft amount.
Jun 29 12 03:41 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Tye phommachanh
Posts: 1
Bridgeport, Connecticut, US


MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: by 10.216.52.67 with HTTP; Fri, 29 Jun 2012 10:17:58 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.216.52.67 with HTTP; Fri, 29 Jun 2012 10:17:58 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To:
References:
   
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 13:17:58 -0400
Delivered-To:
Message-ID:
Subject: Re: Tye Phommachanh
From: tyefamous
To: Dennis Simpson
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=0016e6d58c2233fffa04c39fa1d8

--0016e6d58c2233fffa04c39fa1d8
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

Thank you so much and i am definetly interested and i will get back to you
shorty with the measurements and everything else. Quick question do you
need height weight or just clothing sizes
On Jun 29, 2012 12:52 PM, "Dennis Simpson"
wrote:

> Hello,
>   I am happy to inform you that you are the lucky one out of the few
> models we contacted on model mayhem, you have got the necessary
> Requirements we needed for our Magazine (www.hellomagazine.com) update on
> the (15th Of July 2012). We hereby decided as a committee to offer you this
> modeling paid gig. This shoot contains No Nudity, Fetish, Bondage, and
> other Adult content stuffs. If you are interested, you can get back to us
> immediately you have this read and well understood. The shoot will hold at
> a rented photographers studio in your state( Traveling expenses is covered)
> and the shoot will take 2 hours, which will commences (at 4pm and ends at
> 6pm)
>
>    We will be responsible for your Transport fee and Feeding throughout
> the shoot, you have the privilege to come with an escort of your own choice
> and we will be responsible for his or her well being also. Your pay for the
> shoot will be the sum of $600.00 for the 2 hours shoot. This project is
> organized by the Hello Magazine and is basically for a FASHION PHOTO SHOOT
> to display latest fashions and designers for commercial purpose and it's
> going to be an outdoor show that will be publicized and many things will be
> shot with as an objects.
>
>
> MAKE UP ARTIST AND PHOTOGRAPHER :
>
> We have our own personal photographers and makeup artist, so we have made
> all necessary arrangement for your good looking on that day and also our
> photographers are available to give you their best directive and makes you
> look more reasonable than you will be expecting.
>
>
> PAYMENT INFORMATION:
>
> A check payment of $2900 will be mail out to you not less than 10 days
> before the shoot, you'll deduct $300 for your part payment fee and you'll
> have the remainder send to the fashion designer for your wardrobes payment.
> (You are not paying anything out of your own pocket)
>   Be aware that all the wardrobes will be send out to you as soon as the
> fashion designer received the payment from you so you can check them out
> and see if they are perfect for your size.
>
>
> Below are the information to apply for the job if you are really
> interested and agreed with the above said:
>
>
> YOUR MEASUREMENTS :
>
> :
> :
> :
> :
> :
> :
>
> YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION :
>
> Full name to be on the payment check :
> Physical Home Address :
> Apt#:
> City :
> State :
> Zip code:
> Cell Phone # :
> Your Current Email In Use :
>
>
> Regards!
> Dennis
> http://www.hellomagazine.com/
>
>
> --- On *Fri, 6/29/12, tyefamous * wrote:
>
>
> From: tyefamous
> Subject: Tye Phommachanh
> To: dennissimpson234@yahoo.com
> Date: Friday, June 29, 2012, 8:45 AM
>
> Hey i got the mm message how are ya
>
>

--0016e6d58c2233fffa04c39fa1d8
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Thank you so much and i am definetly interested and i will get back to y=
ou shorty with the measurements and everything else. Quick question do you =
need height weight or just clothing sizes
On Jun 29, 2012 12:52 PM, "Dennis Simpson&q=
uot; <dennissimpson234@yah=
oo.com
> wrote:
Hello,
=A0 I am happy to inform you that you
are the lucky one out of the few models we contacted on model mayhem,
you have got the necessary Requirements we needed for our Magazine
(www.hellomagazi=
ne.com
) update on the (15th Of July 2012). We hereby
decided as a committee to offer you this modeling paid gig. This shoot
contains No Nudity, Fetish, Bondage, and other Adult content stuffs. If
you are interested, you can get back to us immediately you have this
read and well understood. The shoot will hold at a rented photographers
studio in your state( Traveling expenses is covered) and the shoot will
take 2 hours, which will commences (at 4pm and ends at 6pm)

=A0=A0 We will be responsible for your
Transport fee and Feeding throughout the shoot, you have the privilege
to come with an escort of your own choice and we will be responsible
for his or her well being also. Your pay for the shoot will be the sum
of $600.00 for the 2 hours shoot. This project is organized by the
Hello Magazine and is basically for a FASHION PHOTO SHOOT to display
latest fashions and designers for commercial purpose and it's going to
be an outdoor show that will be publicized and many things will be shot
with as an objects.


MAKE UP ARTIST AND PHOTOGRAPHER :

We have our own personal photographers
and makeup artist, so we have made all necessary arrangement for your
good looking on that day and also our photographers are available to
give you their best directive and makes you look more reasonable than
you will be expecting.


PAYMENT INFORMATION:

A check payment of $2900 will be mail
out to you not less than 10 days before the shoot, you'll deduct $300
for your part payment fee and you'll have the remainder send to the
fashion designer for your wardrobes payment. (You are not paying
anything out of your own pocket)
=A0 Be aware that all the wardrobes will
be send out to you as soon as the fashion designer received the payment
from you so you can check them out and see if they are perfect for your
size.


Below are the information to apply for the=
job if you are really interested and agreed with the above said:


YOUR MEASUREMENTS :

:
:
:
:
:
:

YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION :

Full name to be on the payment check :
Physical Home Address :
Apt#:
City :
State :
Zip code:
Cell Phone # :
Your Current Email In Use :


Regards!
Dennis
target=3D"_blank">http://www.hellomagazine.com/
--- On Fri, 6/29/12, tyefamous <s@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">tyefamous@gmail.com> wrote:
From: tyefamous <lank">tyefamous@gmail.com>Subject: Tye PhommachanhTo: f=3D"mailto:dennissimpson234@yahoo.com" target=3D"_blank">dennissimpson234@=
yahoo.com

Date: Friday, June 29, 2012, 8:45 AMHey i got the mm messag=
e how are ya


--0016e6d58c2233fffa04c39fa1d8--

I knew it was a spam after all that when i emailed them and asked what measurements they were looking for and they never replied plus how can i do a photoshoot not knowing what i am going to model etc
Jun 29 12 08:08 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
J Welborn
Posts: 2,552
Clarksville, Tennessee, US


Jun 29 12 08:16 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
J Welborn
Posts: 2,552
Clarksville, Tennessee, US


For sure
Jun 29 12 08:27 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
FusionPhotography LLC
Posts: 1
Utica, Michigan, US


Just got the same thing today:(
Aug 26 12 08:38 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Heather nordstrom
Posts: 1
Panama City, Florida, US


Ya I received one off mm and its a Russell Simpson 53 @ yahoo.com now I guess big scam
Aug 29 12 09:36 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SME
Posts: 20,702
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US


Moderator Note!

Sita Mae wrote:
If you received this message from someone on Model Mayhem, please contact the moderators with a link to the profile it came from.

Thank you!

Aug 29 12 09:46 am  Link  Quote 
Model
E5PERANZA
Posts: 4
Valdosta, Georgia, US


Shorter format received today:
Hi,
I have a paid gig for you here in California. It's going to be a good paid job and it doesn't involve any nude .REPLY only to the below email for the job details.

dennissimpson234@yahoo.com

Regards
dennissimpson234@yahoo.com
Sep 10 12 10:15 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Matia Bujnak
Posts: 2
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Sep 12 12 12:40 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Matia Bujnak
Posts: 2
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


AFTER I RECEIVED A MESSAGE ON MODEL MAYHEM STATING I HAVE JUST WHAT THEY'RE LOOKING FOR, I WAS TOLD TO RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL: dennissimpson234@yahoo.com

AS SOON AS I EMAILED "Dennis", THIS IS WHAT I GOT SENT BACK TO ME:
______________________________________________________________________

Hello,
  I am happy to inform you that you are the lucky one out of the few models we contacted on model mayhem, you have got the necessary Requirements we needed for our Magazine (www.hellomagazine.com) update on the (30th Of September 2012). We hereby decided as a committee to offer you this modeling paid gig. This shoot contains No Nudity, Fetish, Bondage, and other Adult content stuffs. If you are interested, you can get back to us immediately you have this read and well understood. The shoot will hold at a rented photographers studio in your state( Traveling expenses is covered) and the shoot will take 2 hours, which will commences (at 3pm and ends at 5pm)

   We will be responsible for your Transport fee and Feeding throughout the shoot, you have the privilege to come with an escort of your own choice and we will be responsible for his or her well being also. Your pay for the shoot will be the sum of $600.00 for the 2 hours shoot. This project is organized by the Hello Magazine and is basically for a FASHION PHOTO SHOOT to display latest fashions and designers for commercial purpose and it's going to be an outdoor show that will be publicized and many things will be shot with as an objects.


MAKE UP ARTIST AND PHOTOGRAPHER :

We have our own personal photographers and makeup artist, so we have made all necessary arrangement for your good looking on that day and also our photographers are available to give you their best directive and makes you look more reasonable than you will be expecting.


PAYMENT INFORMATION:

A check payment of $2600 will be mail out to you not less than 10 days before the shoot, you'll deduct $300 for your part payment fee and you'll have the remainder send to the fashion designer for your wardrobes payment. (You are not paying anything out of your own pocket)
  Be aware that all the wardrobes will be send out to you as soon as the fashion designer received the payment from you so you can check them out and see if they are perfect for your size.


Below are the information to apply for the job if you are really interested and agreed with the above said:


YOUR MEASUREMENTS :

:
:
:
:
:
:

YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION :

Full name to be on the payment check :
Physical Home Address :
Apt#:
City :
State :
Zip code:
Cell Phone # :
Your Current Email In Use :


Regards!
Dennis
www.hellomagazine.com
***********************************************

THIS IS A SCAM NO DOUBT, BULL SH*T IF YOU ASK ME.
Sep 12 12 12:53 am  Link  Quote 
Model
shelwhit6
Posts: 3
Greenwood, Arkansas, US


>Hello,
>      I'm James, am contacting you in regard of HELLO MAGAZINE as a project manager for the upcoming shoot which i will be
>explaining further in the details below. Do go through it carefully so you can understand every details attached to this
>project.
>
>PROJECT DETAILS:
>
>This project is one of a kind and its based on a photo shoot for you to display the latest fashion trends and designers for
>our next edition. All we need is to take your pictures in different posses to update our magazine for the next edition. The
>shoot is dated for December 29th 2012. The shoot will  start by 12 noon and end by 2 pm.
>
>Location of the shoot will be in Babylon New York
>
>ESCORT:
>
>As a matter of choice, you can come along with anyone of your choice as your escort to the shooting venue. All traveling
>Expenses, Food and Accommodation will be covered by the company inclusive of your escort too so you do
>not have to worry about anything that concerns your escort as this is part of the company's responsibilities in making the
>shoot a success without you getting worried over anything.
>
>FLIGHT TICKET AND ACCOMMODATION:
>
>Flight ticket and accommodation for you and your escort would be booked by our company, and you will
>
>receive all the booking confirmations once its done. Food and other related expenses will be
>
>taken care of also by the company as i earlier stated above.
>
>
>MAKE UP ARTIST AND PHOTOGRAPHER
>
>We have our personal photographers and makeup artists, All arrangements has been made and we are getting you professionals
>who is going to make you look just perfect for the shoot that day and our photographers are just ready to get the camera
>rolling with you.
>
>Looking your best is all you will get on this set date.
>
>COMPENSATION:
>
>The company will be paying you a sum of $250 as hourly shooting rate, and your total payment for the two
>
>hours shoot is $500.00.
>
>PAYMENT INFORMATION:(pls read again)
>
>You will be receiving a certified payment check that will hold along your job part payment fee and your
>
>clothing fee for the shoot and after having the payment with you, you will have to deduct your part
>
>payment and get the remaining balance wired to the clothing store manager to get your clothes shipped to
>
>you so that you can have them at hand before the shoot. Kindly fill out the required information below
>
>for the payment to be issued out.
>
>(As means of payment: You will be issued a certified cashiers check which will cover for your part payment, costume charges
>and also shipment to your desired location which you will bring along with you to the venue of the shoot. Note: Once you
>get this payment, you are only to take out part payment as instructed and then have the rest wired to the clothing store
>manager who will have your costume shipped to you. Without your full costumes, we will not allow you go into the shooting
>room so this is very important)
>
>PAYMENT DETAILS MUST BE FILLED TO SIGN UP.
>
>Do have the details below filled out and then sent back so we can begin processing right away.
>
>Your full name to be on the payment check :
>Physical Home Address ( NO P.O.BOX PLEASE ) :
>City :
>State :
>Zip code :
>Home Phone # :
>Cell Phone # :
>Your Current Email In Use :
>
>We look forward in getting your response.
>
>Regards.

fuck you man!!!
Nov 27 12 08:40 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SME
Posts: 20,702
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US


Moderator Note!

Sita Mae wrote:
If you received this message from someone on Model Mayhem, please contact the moderators with a link to the profile it came from.

Thank you!

Nov 27 12 08:45 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Carolina Goddess
Posts: 146
Augusta, Georgia, US


These are sent out all the time. They use the same verbiage and are easily spotted. "fashion outfits to cover" Big red flag! In every single one I have gotten.
Nov 27 12 08:46 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Alicia Morris
Posts: 5
Easton, Pennsylvania, US


I got one like that from Cosmo and I actually just got an e-mail back from Cosmo saying it is a scam, I am pretty sure the Hello Magazine one I got was a Scam too. The one I got from Glamour and Allour was real though, since it was the actual magazine's e-mail.
Nov 30 12 02:55 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
EdenL
Posts: 120
Charlotte, North Carolina, US


I got one from russellsimpson53@yahoo.com and definitely thought it was a red flag when I needed to pay the wardrobe person.  Why the hell would I need to pay them if you're from Cosmo Magazine?  wink
Jan 28 13 06:03 am  Link  Quote 
Model
SymonaM
Posts: 1
Detroit, Michigan, US


Just got that same message myself. I'm glad I decided to do my research before given out my information.That's just messed up.
Jan 31 13 12:14 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
M Pandolfo Photography
Posts: 12,113
Tampa, Florida, US


2010
Jan 31 13 12:22 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Ace Ov Spades
Posts: 1
Saint Louis, Missouri, US


I received offers from a Steven Micheal of hello magazine that is also asking me to wire money to the fashion director and is offering to send me to L.A and pay me $1000. I think it's a scam:(

DOUGLASFOTOS wrote:

OP...you been here since 2008? HUH? What am I missing here?

Feb 03 13 04:20 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Paige Emily
Posts: 1
Bessemer, Michigan, US


This is what I got. I know how everyone's saying how stupid it is to fall for it, but I did. So with out judgement, can anyone tell me what to do if I filled out the small form he wanted with my address?
I just sent another saying I was booked and could not make it; Thank you for the opportunity but I request you send nothing to said address.
Am I in deep doodoo? Or did I dodge the bullet?
---------





KURV MAG PHOTO SHOOT PRIMARY DETAILS.

Hello Model,

How are you doing... Thanks for your response and
interest. The taken pictures will be used for the magazine cover of
KURV MAGAZINE whose website is (www.kurvmag.com.au). Its an Australian
based magazine and it has just been established in the US. Presently
the company need models to be used for the front cover for the maiden
edition of their magazine and the audition will hold in every state in the US.

Subsequently, depending on your performances after
the shoot, you could be invited over to the headquarter in Australia
to sign a professional contract. The location of the shoot will be
somewhere in your state.

As stated previously, you will get $400 upfront to
start which will be sent to you anytime soon depending on how fast we
have a fair reply from our sponsors and you will be paid $800 balance
immediately after the completion of the shoot which will hold later
this month. After payment has been received, the photos will be taken
and will be sent over to the company for proper review.

There are assigned wardrobe stylist, hairstylists and
makeup artist that will be coming over also for the shoot and shall
also be making provisions for the outfits and other necessary wardrobe
items that will be used during the shoot. Guess the arrangement is
perfectly understood. In order for payment to be mailed to you,
provide me with your info as requested below so that the payment can
be processed and mailed to you...

Moreover, there will be no nudity or implied nudity involved.

LEGAL NAME :
MODEL NAME :
FULL MAILING ADDRESS (P.O Boxes not allowed) :
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP CODE:
PHONE:
COLOR OF EYES:
HEIGHT:
STATISTICS/MEASUREMENT:
SHOE SIZE:
SEX:
OCCUPATION:
AGE:

I'll keep you posted with the date, time and location
of the shoot as soon as the company meets with the sponsors by
tomorrow or next tomorrow. Keep me posted with your info ASAP.

Warmest Regards,

Jason



I
Mar 11 13 10:41 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
I Wanna Shoot Your Face
Posts: 1
San Diego, California, US


Got my Super Offer from Hello Magazine, Yeah right!

I may have born at night, but not last night.
People just preying on photographers and others who see the $$ signs first and don't look behind the curtain.

Anyone from a magazine or any company is either going to pay you straight up cash, company check, but they will usually ask for your EIN/TIN #, if you have one.  If not, they will have you fill out a W-9 and/or a 10-99 form.
They are not going to ask you to pay for the services of others with the money they are paying you with, stupid, right?

It is basically the Nigerian Scam with a twist.  They offer you an extraordinary amount for a "gig", then ask you to pay or deduct the overpayment amount to pay the "what-ever", in this case the wardrobe people.  The check they gave you bounces, your out the money you sent, simple.

Before you offer to do any "Gig" do a little research.  If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
May 01 13 11:50 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Selina Lee
Posts: 74
Scottsdale, Arizona, US


You would think they would brush up on proper grammar if they really wanted to pass off as a major magazine...
May 01 13 12:01 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Dave Newell
Posts: 1
Long Beach, California, US


The current number of the scammer is 339-793-8763 and their name is Chris.
Aug 19 13 09:51 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Photographe
Posts: 2,350
Bristol, England, United Kingdom


Glamour Images Inc wrote:
Recently I received an email from HELLO MAGAZINE offering me a gig because they saw my profile on MM. They want to send me a check and then want me to forward part of the check to a wardrobe/stylist. Sounds like a scam. Anyone else receive this? R-

Scam.

A. You're not a celebrity, therefore why would Hello pay you. I was published in Hello, I didn't even get paid, I had been paid by the management company that engineered the shoot and the PR opportunity and the project I was involved in was headed by a really famous music producer. No disrespect, but I expect only A-listers are making serious bucks from Hello.

B. Have you not read anywhere at all, that people offering to send you a cheque, asking you to send money somewhere else is a standard and common scam?

Aug 19 13 10:02 am  Link  Quote 
first123last   Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers