login info join!
This thread was locked on 2011-07-05 09:45:37. Reason: holy trolling! Hit and run post, OP never came back and this is just a big ole trainwreck.
Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Large ''BOOBS'' does not mean ''dumb''. Search   Reply
123last
Model
Kenya36G
Posts: 172
Chicago, Illinois, US


Hi All,

Hope you are all keeping very well!

Why is it that the majority of people associate a woman with large breasts with being a little bit ''dumb'', especially in the modelling world?

If a woman is super skinny, with a flat chest, she is often regarded as chic, serious and intellectually superior, yet if you have been ''blessed'' with a larger decolletage, it is more often regarded as either you are ''matronly'' or not of the sharpest intellect. It seems that many people equate the larger the boobs, the smaller the brain!

Have a lovely remainder of the day.

Kindest of Regards xxxx

Kenya
May 04 11 05:18 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Miss AY
Posts: 8,164
Portland, Maine, US


Can't say I've really encountered that. The people that think I'm dumb usually think so because I'm a model in general, not because of my bra size.
May 04 11 05:19 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Diana Duong
Posts: 1,005
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


It seems you've been having a lot of boob problems lately. yikes

This reminds me... someone mentioned in another thread that guys would associate large boobs with being a slut as well.  Ignorance is inevitable!
May 04 11 05:20 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Orca Bay Images
Posts: 32,233
Lodi, California, US


kenya36G wrote:
Why is it that the majority of people associate a woman with large breasts with being a little bit ''dumb'', especially in the modelling world?

You asked.

The logic goes: More physical assets one can rely on, the less one has to rely on (or develop) the mental assets.

While I've seen plenty of examples of this, I've seen enough exceptions to know it's a dangerous assumption to make.

May 04 11 05:26 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Ken Pegg
Posts: 1,829
Weymouth, England, United Kingdom


Part of the problem is probably 'dumb' girls wanting (and paying for) large boobs.
May 04 11 05:29 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Christopher Lewis
Posts: 217
Farmington Hills, Michigan, US


Last evening I again shot a 5'10" blond with D cup breasts blessed with a gorgeous face who is an exceedingly astute financial planner.  She is a very bright and interesting lady, married and a mother of two.  My experience over the years is that cup size and other physical characteristics come in all different intelligence levels.  I prefer intelligent models as they tend to be more creative, interesting and have better ideas.
May 04 11 05:42 am  Link  Quote 
Clothing Designer
DeathGlam
Posts: 400
Lincoln, New Hampshire, US


pretty sure there is no scientific evidence for that. same as large hands large penis. hmm
May 04 11 05:46 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Scott Johnson Studios
Posts: 3,353
Wausau, Wisconsin, US


Dumb, no. Back aches, possibly smile
May 04 11 05:48 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
NameChanged
Posts: 371
Kansas City, Missouri, US


I thought Bigger meant Smarter...(c:
May 04 11 05:49 am  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
IdontKnowIForgot
Posts: 3,827
Louth, England, United Kingdom


can i just ask
i need to get something off my chest here....



why are all your posts: boob related.



no seriously why?
May 04 11 05:51 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Nickels2Dimes
Posts: 305
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US


i always thought that was just the way it was. but no arguments here the brains are not connected to boob size got it.
May 04 11 05:52 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DoubleDare Studios
Posts: 977
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, US


My secretary has small boobs and she's dumb as a post...just sayin'...
May 04 11 06:19 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Faith EnFire
Posts: 13,514
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US


Scott Johnson Studios wrote:
Dumb, no. Back aches, possibly smile

tis true

May 04 11 06:28 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Matt Blais Photography
Posts: 1,929
Riverside, California, US


So guys with huge wee wee's would naturally be dumber since it takes more blood to fill 'er up...
(=less blood in the brain)

I'm smart.... sad
May 04 11 06:36 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
William Kious
Posts: 8,841
Delphos, Ohio, US


Matt Blais Photography wrote:
So guys with huge wee wee's would naturally be dumber since it takes more blood to fill 'er up...
(=less blood in the brain)

I'm smart.... sad

I see what you did there... wink

I knew a girl back in the day who said people assumed she was dumb because of her 38DDD's.  It wasn't the boobs...

May 04 11 06:58 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Ashley Graham
Posts: 26,796
Los Angeles, California, US


I've never seen that with anyone I know with large boobs. hmm
May 04 11 06:59 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
GCobb Photography
Posts: 15,891
Southaven, Mississippi, US


Ken Pegg wrote:
Part of the problem is probably 'dumb' girls wanting (and paying for) large boobs.

Congrats on making one of the most braindead statements on MM to date.

May 04 11 09:16 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
K E E L I N G
Posts: 39,776
Peoria, Illinois, US


Orca Bay Images wrote:

You asked.

The logic goes: More physical assets one can rely on, the less one has to rely on (or develop) the mental assets.

While I've seen plenty of examples of this, I've seen enough exceptions to know it's a dangerous assumption to make.

Actually I've seen plenty of examples of boobs and intelligence.... and the exceptions are the dumb ones.

May 04 11 10:39 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Ashes to Ashes
Posts: 3,784
Norway, Maine, US


Ive never seen that either, and my friends boobs are so big she can BARELY find a size that fits. The store sizes don't go up that high yikes

Shes never had anyone think shes stupid because of her chest size.
May 04 11 10:44 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Ken Pegg
Posts: 1,829
Weymouth, England, United Kingdom


GCobb Photography wrote:

Congrats on making one of the most braindead statements on MM to date.

When you see 16 year old girls with perfectly normal breast, wanting breast implants, then IMO it is not unreasonable to label them as dumb.

May 04 11 01:54 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Nemi
Posts: 27,411
Jamaica, New York, US


I have a college degree. Sup?

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/100831/20/4c7dceccb169a_m.jpg
May 04 11 01:58 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
smoothgroove
Posts: 307
Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland


kenya36G wrote:
Why is it that the majority of people associate a woman with large breasts with being a little bit ''dumb'', especially in the modelling world?

You're absolutely right. Latest studies have uncovered the brain-boob equilibrium constant BBEC, which declares an inverse relationship between these two organs. Big boobs suck the brains out.

Yes, the brain-penis equilibrium constant has also been discovered, however they have a direct relationship. Big dicks are brainy.

Exceptions prove the rule.

May 04 11 03:02 pm  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
Retouch by Sarra
Posts: 243
Fargo, North Dakota, US


I seem to think the opposite although I try not to have an opinion based on it at all.

I prefer to think large breasted women are like we are because we store more additional brain cells inside of our chest.

Most (not all) extremely small chested models I've dealt with have been airheads.

EDIT* Sorry for the revival.. too funny to see die.
But then there's stupid people from all shapes sizes colors and threads, especially threads.
Jul 05 11 06:23 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Andialu
Posts: 14,029
San Pedro, California, US


Nemi wrote:
I have a college degree. Sup?

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/100831/20/4c7dceccb169a_m.jpg

I'm definitely not saying that you are, but I've met plenty of people (male and female) with degrees that are dumb as bricks. lol

Jul 05 11 06:27 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Lady Pelvic
Posts: 1,408
Orlando, Florida, US


Orca Bay Images wrote:

You asked.

The logic goes: More physical assets one can rely on, the less one has to rely on (or develop) the mental assets.

While I've seen plenty of examples of this, I've seen enough exceptions to know it's a dangerous assumption to make.

Yeah, I agree.

Jul 05 11 06:30 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Lawrence Guy
Posts: 17,651
LAKE PEEKSKILL, New York, US


Nemi wrote:
I have a college degree. Sup?

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/100831/20/4c7dceccb169a_m.jpg

I'm sorry, did you say something?  Bah, it probably wasn't important.  I'll just keep staring at your cleavage and assume you're not very bright because I'm too distracted by your tits to actually pay attention to your brain.

/The above is one example of why women with large breasts might be perceived as dumb.  Men are (stereotypically) paying more attention to the tits than to the talk.  If someone is distracted by one very narrow aspect of a person, the rest of the person doesn't register.  So - people who say "women with large breasts are dumb" are really saying "when I see a woman with large breasts, all I can concentrate on are her breasts and I ignore everything else."

// I just pulled that out of my ass right now, but it seems to make sense in an ad-hoc way.

/// Having met Nemi, I know that she is anything but stupid.

Jul 05 11 06:35 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Lawrence Guy
Posts: 17,651
LAKE PEEKSKILL, New York, US


Allanah-Kyle-Retouch wrote:
can i just ask
i need to get something off my chest here....



why are all your posts: boob related.



no seriously why?

Clearly the subject is important to her, probably for deeply personal reasons.  Why does she have to post about other things?  Why do so may people have to jump down her throat for talking about a subject that's important to her?

/Not White Knighting.  White Knights are trying to get laid.  I'm just bored.

Jul 05 11 06:40 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Fleur du Mal
Posts: 1,437
Derby, England, United Kingdom


DeathGlam wrote:
pretty sure there is no scientific evidence for that. same as large hands large penis. hmm

That is indeed nonsense ...

I dunno.  I'm a smart girl, I have a science degree and a large vocabulary.  Up until my mid twenties I was skinny as a rake and flat as a pancake.  I did find I was treated differently once I developed D cups and a big ol' butt.  Not necessarily as if I were stupider, but certainly more like eye candy.  it was an interesting experience.  It's even more interesting to note the differences in how people treat me now I'm smaller again, but have retained the curves ...

Jul 05 11 07:03 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Shon D.- Femme
Posts: 24,369
Virginia Beach, Virginia, US


Why is "boobs" in quotes? Are these "boobs" metaphorical?
Jul 05 11 07:07 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Shon D.- Femme
Posts: 24,369
Virginia Beach, Virginia, US


kenya36G wrote:
Hi All,

Hope you are all keeping very well!

Why is it that the majority of people associate a woman with large breasts with being a little bit ''dumb'', especially in the modelling world?

If a woman is super skinny, with a flat chest, she is often regarded as chic, serious and intellectually superior, yet if you have been ''blessed'' with a larger decolletage, it is more often regarded as either you are ''matronly'' or not of the sharpest intellect. It seems that many people equate the larger the boobs, the smaller the brain!

Have a lovely remainder of the day.

Kindest of Regards xxxx

Kenya

1) I think that it's ATTRACTIVE women with big titties (and usually blonde hair) that are widely considered stupid.
2) Super skinny frames and flat chests ARE chic. They fit into sample sizes.
3) Having big titties doesn't make one matronly. Having big MATRONLY titties makes one matronly. Perky boobs convey youth. Droopy boobs convey age.

Jul 05 11 07:11 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
David Miller Photoworks
Posts: 2,350
Phoenix, Arizona, US


Lawrence Guy wrote:

Clearly the subject is important to her, probably for deeply personal reasons.  Why does she have to post about other things?  Why do so may people have to jump down her throat for talking about a subject that's important to her?

/Not White Knighting.  White Knights are trying to get laid.  I'm just bored.

Because it comes across as obsessive attention seeking, like a guy who always talks about the size of his tool.

Jul 05 11 07:18 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
brandon dean
Posts: 868
Los Angeles, California, US


most people are just kinda stupid.  to judge intelligence based on bodily proportions shows, well, lack of intelligence...
Jul 05 11 07:22 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
B R U N E S C I
Posts: 25,319
Bath, England, United Kingdom


Jul 05 11 07:23 am  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Model
Koryn
Posts: 36,207
Boston, Massachusetts, US


Lawrence Guy wrote:
Clearly the subject is important to her, probably for deeply personal reasons.  Why does she have to post about other things?  Why do so may people have to jump down her throat for talking about a subject that's important to her?

/Not White Knighting.  White Knights are trying to get laid.  I'm just bored.
David Miller Photoworks wrote:
Because it comes across as obsessive attention seeking, like a guy who always talks about the size of his tool.

Some people don't understand that it's a relatively small-ish community of people who routinely post on the message boards. When individuals post about certain topics repeatedly (like the OP with her breasts posts), the same folks are reading that topic over and over, and assume the OP is trolling. Sure, it might be important to her, but we've all read it before, so now it comes across in a different way.

Jul 05 11 07:24 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
T
Posts: 53,557
Washington, District of Columbia, US


Man, all you ever talk about are breasts.


How's the family? Seen any good movies lately? neutral
Jul 05 11 07:29 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Ash3
Posts: 5,911
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada


Scott Johnson Studios wrote:
Dumb, no. Back aches, yes smile

Fixed that for you. smile

And I'm quite smart, I even use my boobies at work to earn more tips.

Jul 05 11 07:33 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
T
Posts: 53,557
Washington, District of Columbia, US


Lawrence Guy wrote:

Clearly the subject is important to her, probably for deeply personal reasons.  Why does she have to post about other things?  Why do so may people have to jump down her throat for talking about a subject that's important to her?

/Not White Knighting.  White Knights are trying to get laid.  I'm just bored.

I'm a 38F and breasts are the last thing on my mind in the forums.

Jul 05 11 07:33 am  Link  Quote 
Model
sofija
Posts: 23,614
Boston, Massachusetts, US


Seriously? Again?

Do you talk about anything besides large breasts?
Jul 05 11 07:34 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
alteredstate
Posts: 1,920
MONKTON, Maryland, US


T wrote:
Man, all you ever talk about are breasts.


How's the family? Seen any good movies lately? neutral

She says the girls are fine, but she hasn't seen any good movies since Russ Myers died.

Jul 05 11 07:34 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Shon D.- Femme
Posts: 24,369
Virginia Beach, Virginia, US


T wrote:
Man, all you ever talk about are breasts.


How's the family? Seen any good movies lately? neutral

lol

Jul 05 11 07:35 am  Link  Quote 
123last   Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers