login info join!
Forums > General Industry > The 40+ Project...Volume 3: Sexy Fashions! Search   Reply
first123
Model
1 Peter C
Posts: 113
Modesto, California, US


Congratulations to all of you, photographers, models and support staff.
Jun 19 12 10:21 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Nightwing Photo
Posts: 664
Columbus, Ohio, US


Thanks, Peter.
Jun 19 12 12:32 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Tilcia
Posts: 184
Vestavia Hills, Alabama, US


Nightwing Photo wrote:

Thanks, Rebl. Hardly seems like it's been since 2008, eh? I hope you'll join us for this -- and future -- editions.

I would love to see the finished product... as well as am glad to see that it will continue in the future.  Show casing those of a more mature age is very interesting as most of us are not simply our age number... some of us have held up nicely.

Jun 19 12 09:43 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Nightwing Photo
Posts: 664
Columbus, Ohio, US


Tilcia wrote:

I would love to see the finished product... as well as am glad to see that it will continue in the future.  Show casing those of a more mature age is very interesting as most of us are not simply our age number... some of us have held up nicely.

I'll be posting purchase info once it's ready.

And you've definitely held up nicely!

Jun 20 12 07:12 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Tilcia
Posts: 184
Vestavia Hills, Alabama, US


Nightwing Photo wrote:

I'll be posting purchase info once it's ready.

And you've definitely held up nicely!

thank you.

Jun 25 12 09:17 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Nightwing Photo
Posts: 664
Columbus, Ohio, US


Just a quick update...

work on the book is progressing well, but slower than I hoped or anticipated.
Aug 26 12 07:30 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Harold Rose
Posts: 2,925
Calhoun, Georgia, US


Nightwing Photo wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen, our humble MM site has been the launching point for a series of self-published books showcasing women over the age of 40. It began in 2008 when some of us were discussing how women in that age group were being passed over for assignments even though they still looked great. One thing led to another and photographer Andrew Gellert, of Mesa, Arizona, took the initiative of editing the book. It did so well, we decided to do it again...and again.

As many of you are already aware, Andrew passed away on September 29, 2011, with a third edition pending. His brother gave me permission to continue the project. Here are Andrew's guidelines: [begin quote]

The theme for the next book is Mature & Sexy and Fashion.

Hold on... Did he say Fashion? Yep.. he did.

Here it is...

Fashion defined as follows:

Leather, Lace, Silk, Satin, PVC, Latex, Rope, Feathers.

The Sexier the better.. NO NUDES, NO Topless, No Nipples, NO Genitalia,
and NO Bondage.

Classy, Sexy and Mature.

Racy, Rebellious and Romantic.

Sexy, Scintillating and Seductive.

Pick your pleasure, it's all about the Sexy and Mature woman over 40 and
her seductive and sexy best fashions.

Fully dressed to thrill or laced up in the finest lingerie, you decide,
you design or you imagine...

Give it your sensual and seductive and sexiest looks in whatever erotic
and sexy fashions you like.

[end quote]

The conditions are:

* All pictures submitted must have never been published before, either in print or on the web. (And this includes here on MM or Facebook)

* All pictures submitted must have been taken in 2011 or 2012.

* The turn-in date will be May 31, 2012.

Technical specs:

Must be .jpg image
sRGB color
300 ppi is required
2400 pixels X 3000 pixels (approximate size)
No watermarks please.. (Photographer and models names will be printed under the image.)

E-mail for submissions only:

jeff@nightwingphoto.com

Please make sure your email includes names of Model and Photographer for each image along with MM# if on MM.

I would guess that you have never done this before,    or is this a Web Magazine class..

Aug 26 12 07:40 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Nightwing Photo
Posts: 664
Columbus, Ohio, US


Harold Rose wrote:
I would guess that you have never done this before,    or is this a Web Magazine class..

Huh?

Aug 26 12 04:33 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
CamiAnn
Posts: 794
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


If you are doing another book on 40+ or thinking about maybe even doing one for models 50+ let me know...I used to know Andrew and he asked me to do the book; however, I was injured pretty badly and it took two years to recover during the time the book was in the works... so I just started modeling again, so in honor of Andrew and if you are doing another book I would love to be in your next project...keep me posted...I would really appreciate it.  Please check out my port and profile and let me know!  Thank you.

CamiAnn
Oct 02 12 11:19 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
MB JenB
Posts: 3,036
Clarksville, Tennessee, US


whoops, end date was May 2012!
Oct 03 12 08:25 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Jax Bravo
Posts: 26
Dallas, Texas, US


I'm in if there are any photogs needing a male 40+...in great shape I might add smile
Oct 05 12 08:27 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Jax Bravo
Posts: 26
Dallas, Texas, US


Oops, missed the end date too.

Reading is fundamental...sorry folks.
Oct 05 12 08:27 am  Link  Quote 
Model
DivaEroticus
Posts: 14,645
Fayetteville, Arkansas, US


I have clothed pictures, now!  Hehehe  tongue
Oct 05 12 08:44 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
PBandJ photography
Posts: 25
Aiken, South Carolina, US


Damn, Keep me posted on future editions.
My wife is 41 and would fit well in that book.
(she's the only model currently on my port.)
Oct 08 12 08:18 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Nightwing Photo
Posts: 664
Columbus, Ohio, US


CamiAnn wrote:
If you are doing another book on 40+ or thinking about maybe even doing one for models 50+ let me know...I used to know Andrew and he asked me to do the book; however, I was injured pretty badly and it took two years to recover during the time the book was in the works... so I just started modeling again, so in honor of Andrew and if you are doing another book I would love to be in your next project...keep me posted...I would really appreciate it.  Please check out my port and profile and let me know!  Thank you.

CamiAnn

Cami, I think I remember reading about the accident. Hope you're all healed up.

I'm planning on doing Project 40+ books on 'Muscle & Fitness', 'Cars & Bikes', and 'Retro/Pin-Up'. We'd love to have you aboard!

Oct 16 12 06:18 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Nightwing Photo
Posts: 664
Columbus, Ohio, US


Gennaver wrote:
whoops, end date was May 2012!

I ended up pushing it back several times but I'm just hours away from sending it in. This would be a little late; sorry. But I hope you'll join us for future editions.

Oct 16 12 06:18 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Nightwing Photo
Posts: 664
Columbus, Ohio, US


DivaEroticus wrote:
I have clothed pictures, now!  Hehehe  tongue

Don't shed 'em just yet -- see above post for topics of future editions!

Oct 16 12 06:23 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Nightwing Photo
Posts: 664
Columbus, Ohio, US


PBandJ photography wrote:
Damn, Keep me posted on future editions.
My wife is 41 and would fit well in that book.
(she's the only model currently on my port.)

...and a very lovely lady at that! I'll definitely announce details about future editions. The best way is to keep up to date with the FB page, https://www.facebook.com/pages/Project- … 4654563122

Oct 16 12 06:29 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
CamiAnn
Posts: 794
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


Nightwing Photo wrote:

Cami, I think I remember reading about the accident. Hope you're all healed up.

I'm planning on doing Project 40+ books on 'Muscle & Fitness', 'Cars & Bikes', and 'Retro/Pin-Up'. We'd love to have you aboard!

Great!  Please keep me posted...I could probably find a car or bike and/or do retro/pinup!  Thank you! and I am healed up as much as possible anyway, back to working out...can't run on pavement but can do other cardio...thanks for the shout out. smile

Oct 17 12 12:16 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Nightwing Photo
Posts: 664
Columbus, Ohio, US


CamiAnn wrote:

Great!  Please keep me posted...I could probably find a car or bike and/or do retro/pinup!  Thank you! and I am healed up as much as possible anyway, back to working out...can't run on pavement but can do other cardio...thanks for the shout out. smile

You're welcome. There are probably plenty of suitable cars & bikes in your neck of the woods, and I won't start collecting submissions until after the first of the year so there's plenty of time.

Glad you mended well.

Jeff

Nov 03 12 05:44 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Lady Catharin (Carin)
Posts: 42
Ridderkerk, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands


Mmm retro pin-up would be interesting for me too (depending on how much or how little clothes are requred wink ) Have two nice fifties style dresses wink
Nov 04 12 02:57 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Nightwing Photo
Posts: 664
Columbus, Ohio, US


Lady Catharin (Carin) wrote:
Mmm retro pin-up would be interesting for me too (depending on how much or how little clothes are requred wink ) Have two nice fifties style dresses wink

Just as in the 'Fashion' book, I leave this up to the model.

Nov 13 12 01:56 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Nightwing Photo
Posts: 664
Columbus, Ohio, US


I'm pleased to announce that book #3 is now a reality!

http://www.amazon.com/Project-40-Fashio … ject+40%2B

And for the first time in the Project 40+ series, this one will be available in brick & mortar book stores!

A big 'thank you' to all who participated!
Nov 13 12 01:57 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
MFA PHOTOGRAPHY
Posts: 6
San Francisco, California, US


I'm interested. Menlo Park.
Nov 13 12 02:10 am  Link  Quote 
Model
DivaEroticus
Posts: 14,645
Fayetteville, Arkansas, US


Nightwing Photo wrote:
I'm pleased to announce that book #3 is now a reality!

http://www.amazon.com/Project-40-Fashio … ject+40%2B

And for the first time in the Project 40+ series, this one will be available in brick & mortar book stores!

A big 'thank you' to all who participated!

OMG I'm so sad I didn't get into this one!  sad

Nov 13 12 08:47 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Nightwing Photo
Posts: 664
Columbus, Ohio, US


Diva and David, not to worry because after I take a little time to decompress, I'll be doing three more books in 2013 and we would love to have you join us. Stay tuned for details...

Jeff
Nov 13 12 02:06 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Cornfield Deep
Posts: 92
Waterloo, Iowa, US


I'd love to get in on this as well in your future editions. Hopefully I can find some interested people here in my area smile
Nov 13 12 02:14 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Nightwing Photo
Posts: 664
Columbus, Ohio, US


Cornfield Deep wrote:
I'd love to get in on this as well in your future editions. Hopefully I can find some interested people here in my area smile

Cornfield, we'd be glad to have ya! I'm sure there would be some interest.

Nov 13 12 05:55 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Derrick_G_FlossyFlick
Posts: 141
Edgewood, Maryland, US


This is great! I got a couple of ladies that would love to jump on this one...
Nov 13 12 06:14 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Lady Catharin (Carin)
Posts: 42
Ridderkerk, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands


Nightwing Photo wrote:
I'm pleased to announce that book #3 is now a reality!

http://www.amazon.com/Project-40-Fashio … ject+40%2B

And for the first time in the Project 40+ series, this one will be available in brick & mortar book stores!

A big 'thank you' to all who participated!

Great! Ordered ourselves a copy through amazon.de  (the closest one for us wink

Nov 19 12 06:33 am  Link  Quote 
Model
MB JenB
Posts: 3,036
Clarksville, Tennessee, US


Nightwing Photo wrote:
Diva and David, not to worry because after I take a little time to decompress, I'll be doing three more books in 2013 and we would love to have you join us. Stay tuned for details...

Jeff

Hi,
Is it time for another thread to bring the OP date up to date? I hope to maybe make another one but, I don't think I fit the genres, (unless anything I have might look like muscle and fitness, let me know!)

If so, then I'll check with the photographers who shot and see if they are willing. Also, my dance/model partner too, (as he is also of appropriate age for the book.)
Jen

Nov 19 12 07:12 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Carolina Goddess
Posts: 146
Augusta, Georgia, US


Woo hoo! Ready ready ready!
Nov 19 12 07:20 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Carolina Goddess
Posts: 146
Augusta, Georgia, US


Carolina Goddess wrote:
Woo hoo! Ready ready ready!

oops end date tee hee! Going to clean my glasses now!

Nov 19 12 07:21 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Nightwing Photo
Posts: 664
Columbus, Ohio, US


MyrnaByrna wrote:

Hi,
Is it time for another thread to bring the OP date up to date? I hope to maybe make another one but, I don't think I fit the genres, (unless anything I have might look like muscle and fitness, let me know!)

If so, then I'll check with the photographers who shot and see if they are willing. Also, my dance/model partner too, (as he is also of appropriate age for the book.)
Jen

Yeah, I think a new thread is warranted. I'll start it when I launch the new books.

If you don't think you'd qualify for 'muscle & fitness', there's always a vintage car or motorcycle you could stand next to, or vintage clothing...

Nov 20 12 05:20 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Nightwing Photo
Posts: 664
Columbus, Ohio, US


Carolina Goddess wrote:

oops end date tee hee! Going to clean my glasses now!

I'll lend you some of my glasses cleaner -- I certainly need enough of it!

Nov 20 12 05:22 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Eridu
Posts: 623
Boston, Massachusetts, US


I remember following this when I was first on MM, congrats to all. I have been privilidged in having shot a number of "mature" models and hope to shoot many more.
Nov 20 12 05:27 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Nightwing Photo
Posts: 664
Columbus, Ohio, US


Let's all go to the new Project 40+ thread...

http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?threa … age=1#last
Jan 01 13 12:39 pm  Link  Quote 
first123   Search   Reply