login info join!
Forums > Critique > Fun and Games > Why I Would, or would not hire you! Search   Reply
first9101112
Photographer
Poulsons Photography
Posts: 4,266
Duchesne, Utah, US


Miaa Rigby wrote:
I'm interested to hear and just revamped about half of my portfolio, so go for it!

I am a little on the fence here.  You have a few things that limit what I could do with you.  Those being the piercings, and the tatoos.  That being said, I love the craziness I see in you, and for the right purpose, I think you would be awesome.  In the end, I think yes, I would shoot you.

Jun 06 13 09:56 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Kirst
Posts: 513
Manchester, New Hampshire, US


Be gentle ;] I know i'm not everyone's cup o tea, but i'm always curious!!
Jun 06 13 10:06 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Courtney Hendrickson
Posts: 10
Prince George, British Columbia, Canada


Me please? I'm new to modeling so I'd love to know what I can do to hopefully get jobs in the future.
Jun 07 13 08:58 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Poulsons Photography
Posts: 4,266
Duchesne, Utah, US


Kirst Callahan wrote:
Be gentle ;] I know i'm not everyone's cup o tea, but i'm always curious!!

I'm sorry.  It looks like you have a lot of fun, and would do a good job.  But the hair style and the tats make you pretty much useless for what I do.

Jun 07 13 09:14 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Poulsons Photography
Posts: 4,266
Duchesne, Utah, US


Courtney Hendrickson wrote:
Me please? I'm new to modeling so I'd love to know what I can do to hopefully get jobs in the future.

More than anything you need experience.  You need to find photographers that will do trade work with you so you can get professional looking images in your port.  You may even have to pay one.  But I don't consider hiring anyone until they at least have a port that shouts out that they are a professional.

Jun 07 13 09:16 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Kirst
Posts: 513
Manchester, New Hampshire, US


Poulsons Photography wrote:

I'm sorry.  It looks like you have a lot of fun, and would do a good job.  But the hair style and the tats make you pretty much useless for what I do.

aww that's too bad. i would actually love to see some alternative models in your port to spice it up. thanks for the feedback!

Jun 07 13 09:52 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Lizzy Takahashi
Posts: 51
Tulsa, Oklahoma, US


heyo
Jun 07 13 09:22 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Poulsons Photography
Posts: 4,266
Duchesne, Utah, US


Lizzy Takahashi wrote:
heyo

I see one, and only one expression in every shot.  Makes me think you are shy or afraid to express yourself.  So I would say no.

Jun 09 13 08:05 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Onyx Divine
Posts: 23
York, Pennsylvania, US


im interested in your honest opinion
Jun 12 13 11:06 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Poulsons Photography
Posts: 4,266
Duchesne, Utah, US


Onyx Divine wrote:
im interested in your honest opinion

You have a great shape.  A great personality seems to show.  You can pose well.  You have a nice look.  So everything is going well for you, except the tattoos.  For that reason alone I would not shoot you.

Jun 13 13 07:36 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Onyx Divine
Posts: 23
York, Pennsylvania, US


Poulsons Photography wrote:

You have a great shape.  A great personality seems to show.  You can pose well.  You have a nice look.  So everything is going well for you, except the tattoos.  For that reason alone I would not shoot you.

Thank you.for your honesty and compliments.... yes I totally understand and have experienced that the tattoos can make it harder to get accepted or offered consideration for quite a bit of work.  Once again thank you for your time and respected honesty.  smile

Jun 13 13 12:07 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Poulsons Photography
Posts: 4,266
Duchesne, Utah, US


Onyx Divine wrote:

Thank you.for your honesty and compliments.... yes I totally understand and have experienced that the tattoos can make it harder to get accepted or offered consideration for quite a bit of work.  Once again thank you for your time and respected honesty.  smile

your welcome

Jun 16 13 07:22 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Malina van Leuven
Posts: 85
Budapest, Budapest, Hungary


Curious too! (I know I have not such a variaty at the moment in my port, but I still wait for a lot of new pictures with different expressions and poses, locations etc..)
Thank you!
Jun 26 13 03:53 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Poulsons Photography
Posts: 4,266
Duchesne, Utah, US


Malinaa wrote:
Curious too! (I know I have not such a variaty at the moment in my port, but I still wait for a lot of new pictures with different expressions and poses, locations etc..)
Thank you!

Maybe.  Nice figure.  Not much for expressions.  So I probably would do a trade, but not hire.

Aug 11 13 08:39 am  Link  Quote 
Model
E L I N
Posts: 199
Montreal, Quebec, Canada


Would love to know.
Aug 11 13 07:31 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Poulsons Photography
Posts: 4,266
Duchesne, Utah, US


E L I N wrote:
Would love to know.

i commented in the other forum that you could use a little more muscle tone.  However, let me say that I think you have a great shape, and I would love to shoot with you on some type of shoot that shows off that shape.  So yes, I would hire you for that type of work.

Aug 11 13 10:31 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Tatianka
Posts: 1
Dallas, Texas, US


Would you hire me???
Aug 11 13 10:38 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
onetimehero
Posts: 10
Tehachapi, California, US


I am a newer model and would love to hear your advice,. Thanks
Aug 11 13 10:40 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Poulsons Photography
Posts: 4,266
Duchesne, Utah, US


Tatianka wrote:
Would you hire me???

Absolutely!  You look like you have a lot of fun.  You have a great look, and a great body.  I would love to hire you.  I wish you were closer!  If you are ever in my area, I would hire you for sure.

Aug 11 13 10:42 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Poulsons Photography
Posts: 4,266
Duchesne, Utah, US


onetimehero wrote:
I am a newer model and would love to hear your advice,. Thanks

You pretty much have the same look on your face in every image.  It tells me I might have a hard time getting any expression out of you, so I would not hire you at this time.

Aug 11 13 10:44 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Shirin McBennett-Sheen
Posts: 285
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia


Would you?
Aug 19 13 08:22 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Poulsons Photography
Posts: 4,266
Duchesne, Utah, US


Shirin McBennett-Sheen wrote:
Would you?

I usually don't shoot tattoos.  But I am actually looking for models right now with tattoos to do fitness shoots.  And the bird is way cool.  So, if you were here, I would definitely do a fitness shoot with you.

Aug 19 13 08:32 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Poulsons Photography
Posts: 4,266
Duchesne, Utah, US


whos up?
Sep 15 13 06:50 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Brittani Harrell
Posts: 22
Dothan, Alabama, US


Why would. U and would you not hire me? Loom ng to better myself, and expand. I'm new to modeling. Doing plus size boudiour shoot soon. Do u think I'm right for it?
Oct 14 13 01:12 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Poulsons Photography
Posts: 4,266
Duchesne, Utah, US


Brittani Harrell wrote:
Why would. U and would you not hire me? Loom ng to better myself, and expand. I'm new to modeling. Doing plus size boudiour shoot soon. Do u think I'm right for it?

I would be open to a possible shoot.  But it would have to be a tfp.  I would not pay.  There is nothing in your port that looks professional.  You just need to work with some great photographers and get some good images that show you off.  I want to see images that show good head shots, as well as whole body shots.  When I can't see what type of body shape I am working with, I just move on.

Oct 14 13 02:54 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Call Me Caitlin
Posts: 561
San Francisco, California, US


Hi tongue
Oct 14 13 03:38 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Poulsons Photography
Posts: 4,266
Duchesne, Utah, US


Call Me Caitlin wrote:
Hi tongue

I would.  Mostly because you do crazy things.  It would be fun!

Oct 14 13 04:35 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Danielle Reid
Posts: 3,776
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US


My hair probably doesn't fit your taste but it's worth a shot.
Oct 14 13 04:48 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Poulsons Photography
Posts: 4,266
Duchesne, Utah, US


Danielle Reid wrote:
My hair probably doesn't fit your taste but it's worth a shot.

Actually, you got it wrong this time.  I love the hair.  I would shoot you for that reason.  I love different.  Something you don't see everyday.  Wish you were closer!

Oct 14 13 04:50 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Danielle Reid
Posts: 3,776
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US


Poulsons Photography wrote:

Actually, you got it wrong this time.  I love the hair.  I would shoot you for that reason.  I love different.  Something you don't see everyday.  Wish you were closer!

Wow, that actually made me evening a little better smile Thank you

Oct 14 13 05:37 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Poulsons Photography
Posts: 4,266
Duchesne, Utah, US


Danielle Reid wrote:

Wow, that actually made me evening a little better smile Thank you

Of course!

Jul 11 14 09:30 am  Link  Quote 
Model
MissKatieMarie
Posts: 70
Jacksonville, Florida, US


Hm. Not sure if my look is your cup of tea and I am only 17, but I'd love to know what I could improve on!
Jul 11 14 10:23 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Poulsons Photography
Posts: 4,266
Duchesne, Utah, US


MissKatieMarie wrote:
Hm. Not sure if my look is your cup of tea and I am only 17, but I'd love to know what I could improve on!

Actually, I would absolutely love to work with you! I love your red hair.  It is a beautiful color and length.  You have a great look!  Wish you were closer!

Jul 11 14 10:47 am  Link  Quote 
Model
MissKatieMarie
Posts: 70
Jacksonville, Florida, US


Poulsons Photography wrote:

Actually, I would absolutely love to work with you! I love your red hair.  It is a beautiful color and length.  You have a great look!  Wish you were closer!

wow, that's awesome to hear! thank you very much! smile

Jul 11 14 07:19 pm  Link  Quote 
first9101112   Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers