Forums > Critique > Fun and Games > Why I Would, or would not hire you!

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Duchesne, Utah, US

This is for models only. Are you wondering why, or why not you are booking jobs. I will tell you why I would hire you, or why I wouldn't. But I will be honest and to the point.

Jul 21 12 01:37 pm Link

Model

J Jessica

Coconut Creek, Florida, US

You do this a lot.
O_O

Jul 21 12 02:21 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Duchesne, Utah, US

J Jessica  wrote:
You do this a lot.
O_O

For most gigs I would not. But I would hire you to do a fitness shoot. I think you could add a nice touch to that.

Jul 21 12 08:01 pm Link

Model

xXemily morganneXx

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

it would be wonderful to know what I should do to get more jobs!

Jul 21 12 08:06 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Duchesne, Utah, US

xXemily morganneXx wrote:
it would be wonderful to know what I should do to get more jobs!

You need a more professional looking port. Your first three pics Need to be limited to one. I like the middle one the best. Except that the floor looks so dirty. Fourth and fith pics I really like. Sixth, something about the hand is funny. Seven, is that a face expression you want to show off?  I would eliminate this one. It doesn't do you justice. Eight is cropped funny around the chest and arms. But I love your face here. It is that face that would make me want to hire you. Nine and ten are beautiful shots with bad cropping. Eleven, don't like the background. But fun shot. 12, love it. 13 has arms cropped badly. And he last one is dark and looks grainy. So, all that said, I think you are very beautiful. And if you had a port full of shots that really looked good, I would hire you. As is, I see that you haven't had a lot of really good photographers to work with. So I can assume you would probably do a trade. But, until I see more professionalism, I would not do a paid shoot.

Jul 21 12 08:32 pm Link

Model

Nicole Nu

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Since the majority of my shoots now are paid, sure.

Jul 21 12 08:46 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Duchesne, Utah, US

NicoleNudes wrote:
Since the majority of my shoots now are paid, sure.

I can see what you are getting paid for. Me personally, I would not hire you. I don't see much in variety. It is apparent you only shoot one thing. It would be nice to see a couple good head shots. I don't like to have to work so hard to try and see what your face looks like. However, if you are getting the paid work you want, then congrats.

Jul 21 12 08:52 pm Link

Model

xXemily morganneXx

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

Poulsons Photography wrote:
You need a more professional looking port. Your first three pics Need to be limited to one. I like the middle one the best. Except that the floor looks so dirty. Fourth and fith pics I really like. Sixth, something about the hand is funny. Seven, is that a face expression you want to show off?  I would eliminate this one. It doesn't do you justice. Eight is cropped funny around the chest and arms. But I love your face here. It is that face that would make me want to hire you. Nine and ten are beautiful shots with bad cropping. Eleven, don't like the background. But fun shot. 12, love it. 13 has arms cropped badly. And he last one is dark and looks grainy. So, all that said, I think you are very beautiful. And if you had a port full of shots that really looked good, I would hire you. As is, I see that you haven't had a lot of really good photographers to work with. So I can assume you would probably do a trade. But, until I see more professionalism, I would not do a paid shoot.

thanks! i took some of your advice and will absolutely keep it in mind in the future. i just added two new pictures to my port, if it's not too much trouble could you let me know if they help or hurt?

Jul 21 12 08:53 pm Link

Model

Alannah Ettridge

Perth, Western Australia, Australia

Me please smile

Jul 22 12 03:26 am Link

Photographer

Raw and the cooked

London, England, United Kingdom

J Jessica  wrote:
You do this a lot.
O_O

He does indeed, but seems to have an over inflated opinion of his own opinions!(in my humble opinion!)

Jul 22 12 04:05 am Link

Model

Anzhelika Yakimenko

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, US

Please and thank you.

Jul 22 12 04:18 am Link

Model

Vampira_Passista

What about me?! smile not that ive gone for any jobs. but any advice would be welcomed!

Jul 22 12 02:13 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Duchesne, Utah, US

Alannah Ettridge wrote:
Me please smile

You have some really nice shots. And some not so great ones. All of the one you captioned polaroid I would get rid of. You look stiff and uncomfortable. But over all you have a nice variety of nice pics. My first instinct is to say yes, I would hire you. But as I go through your port I get the feeling you only have one expression. So for that reason, I will say no.

Jul 22 12 04:42 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Duchesne, Utah, US

Anzhelika Yakimenko wrote:
Please and thank you.

So, I will have to say it depends. First of all let me say that you are very beautiful. Great look. Great figure. Great expressions. You would be perfect for a lot of shoots. The only thing is, is that I am not willing to take the time to photoshop out the tattoos. So if we are shooting something where they will be seen, I would not hire you. If the shoot was something where they would be covered, hen yes, I would shoot you.

Jul 22 12 04:47 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Duchesne, Utah, US

Vampira_Passista wrote:
What about me?! smile not that ive gone for any jobs. but any advice would be welcomed!

Your port is very limited. You don't have many images. That is fine as long as they are all good and different. But you have multiple shots from same shoots. Also, shots like your Lara croft shot are so poor quality, that they really distract from the port, and in no way help it. But you said you haven't gone for paid jobs. But I also don't think your ready. You must have a good strong port before I would hire you. If not, there are tons of girls willing to do it for TFP.

Jul 22 12 04:51 pm Link

Model

Vania L

Orlando, Florida, US

Can You Critique me? Im new to modeling and i would like to know what i should or shouldnt do more of in order to get more jobs. Please & Thanks

Jul 22 12 04:58 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Duchesne, Utah, US

Tayler-Ann wrote:
Can You Critique me? Im new to modeling and i would like to know what i should or shouldnt do more of in order to get more jobs. Please & Thanks

For you the answer is simple. Try to find some photographers in your area willing to do some TFP shoots. You have no good images in your port. So you will not get paid jobs. I want to see a good headshot. A good body shot, so I know your body type and shape. And a good variety of images so I get an idea of what you can do. So before you go any farther, get some good shots.

Jul 22 12 05:05 pm Link

Model

Eleanor Rose

PASO ROBLES, California, US

Me?

Jul 22 12 06:19 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Duchesne, Utah, US

Eleanor R wrote:
Me?

You seem to be only interested in one style of work. So more than likely I would not hire you. I look for people with more versitality that are able to fit the role I am looking for.

Jul 22 12 07:14 pm Link

Model

Jillian Monica

Kingston, Pennsylvania, US

Me?

Jul 23 12 12:57 am Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Duchesne, Utah, US

Jillian Monica wrote:
Me?

Based on whati see in your port, I wouldn't hire you yet. There are a million girls out there with similar ports willing to work for trade at the same level. You would have to have a more professional port before I would hire you.

Jul 23 12 07:50 am Link

Model

Elesha Eden

Hiya
Im interested in hearing what you have to say
Kind regards Elesha Eden
x

Jul 23 12 08:56 am Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Duchesne, Utah, US

Elesha Eden wrote:
Hiya
Im interested in hearing what you have to say
Kind regards Elesha Eden
x

Yourport has a nice variety, and you have a great look. You could be a little more picky with your port and get rid of some images that take it down a notch. But I would hire you because of your flexibility.

Jul 23 12 09:44 am Link

Model

Alex Cupcakee

Miami, Florida, US

I'm new to modeling would love the feedback! Improvement?

Jul 23 12 09:56 am Link

Model

Ester Ginzbur

Edison, New Jersey, US

Me please?

Jul 23 12 10:01 am Link

Model

Elesha Eden

Yourport has a nice variety, and you have a great look. You could be a little more picky with your port and get rid of some images that take it down a notch. But I would hire you because of your flexibility.

Hi
Thankyou ...maybe one day our paths will cross...
Think i know what images you mean/umm maybe delete again
thanks for taking the time to reply its much appreciated
Elesha Eden
x

Jul 23 12 11:19 am Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Duchesne, Utah, US

Kelly Hess wrote:
Me please?

Just an average look. Many willing to TFP at your level, so I would not hire you at this time. Port has some professional images, and some that take from it. When it comes to me paying, I want everything to look professional.

Jul 23 12 02:59 pm Link

Model

Zoe Chanel

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Could you do me?

Jul 23 12 10:16 pm Link

Model

BreezyCoverGirl

Los Angeles, California, US

please let me know..

Jul 23 12 10:42 pm Link

Model

Mel Corn

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Your critiques are very informative and intriguing, let me know any feedback you have for this one:) Thank you!

Jul 24 12 03:34 am Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Duchesne, Utah, US

zoe chanel wrote:
Could you do me?

You have some nice poses, and interesting shots. However, your images look like snapshots. You really need to have a port full of professional work if you want paid jobs. So based on that I would not hire you at this time. However, I like your look enough that I may reconsider!

Jul 24 12 07:37 am Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Duchesne, Utah, US

SayuriLilly  wrote:
please let me know..

Great body. Nice look. Nice looking port. I would hire you.

Jul 24 12 07:39 am Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Duchesne, Utah, US

Mel Corn wrote:
Your critiques are very informative and intriguing, let me know any feedback you have for this one:) Thank you!

You are an absolute yes. Of course I would hire you. You have a very professional look. A great body. Beautiful face. Your images are professional. I love your variety of expressions. And I love your work. You have some unique shots that show your creativity. You can come my way anytime!

Jul 24 12 07:43 am Link

Model

BreezyCoverGirl

Great body. Nice look. Nice looking port. I would hire you.

thank you so much!!! really made my day

Jul 24 12 10:19 am Link

Model

NESSA

Toledo, Ohio, US

My portfolio is new, I'm waiting on 2 shoots worth of new photos that will provide more range. But, I'm curious what you think of what I have so far...

Jul 24 12 11:12 am Link

Model

NESSA

Toledo, Ohio, US

My portfolio is new, I'm waiting on 2 shoots worth of new photos that will provide more range. But, I'm curious what you think of what I have so far...

Jul 24 12 11:12 am Link

Model

Keko Maura

I am constantly sending my portfolio through changes, let me know.

Jul 24 12 11:18 am Link

Model

MonicaLuv

Dallas, Texas, US

No experience and would love to hear some critique and comments... thanks in adv

Jul 24 12 11:22 am Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Duchesne, Utah, US

Joanna Coles wrote:

I don't see the emotion I would like to see. Most images have sort of a blank look. And the quality is not great. So I will say no. But I would like you to try again when you get your new images.

Jul 24 12 01:48 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Duchesne, Utah, US

Keko Maura wrote:
I am constantly sending my portfolio through changes, let me know.

Nothing in your port jumps out at me. If I am going to hire you, I want you to stand out. Images are average, and there are 1000's of average llamas willing to work for trade.

Jul 24 12 01:51 pm Link