Forums > Critique > Fun and Games > Why I Would, or would not hire you!

Model

Kelli Maire

Inkster, Michigan, US

could you let me know? smile

Aug 18 12 07:32 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Duchesne, Utah, US

Kelli Maire wrote:
could you let me know? smile

You have a nice look, but your work doesn't jump off the page at me. So maybe a TFCD, but no hire at this time.

Aug 18 12 07:38 pm Link

Model

Matias

New York, New York, US

can u do me?

Aug 18 12 08:32 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Duchesne, Utah, US

acewolf wrote:
can u do me?

I need to see some experience before I hire someone. Here I se one shoot. So no.

Aug 19 12 06:40 am Link

Model

Aislyn Cox

Oregon City, Oregon, US

i'm really new to this, so any helpful advice would be amazing! thanks.

Aug 19 12 06:44 am Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Duchesne, Utah, US

Aislyn Cox wrote:
i'm really new to this, so any helpful advice would be amazing! thanks.

You are at a stage where you need to try to do some trades with good photographers. Your port looks mostly like snapshots. Spat this point, I would not hire you.

Aug 19 12 09:41 am Link

Model

Sarah Vitel

Saint Charles, Illinois, US

Hello,

i'd love to hear your critique!

thanks

xoxo, Sarah

Aug 19 12 09:51 am Link

Model

Hannah Richmond

Manchester, England, United Kingdom

go for it smile x

Aug 19 12 10:32 am Link

Model

Matias

New York, New York, US

Poulsons Photography wrote:

I need to see some experience before I hire someone. Here I se one shoot. So no.

could I know why is that needed? like for example how would one gain experience if one cant get there without experience? why is it really needed can it tell u if the person is good to work with? doesn't that tell u more about the photographer than the model? because the model just does as its told?

Aug 19 12 12:19 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Duchesne, Utah, US

acewolf wrote:
could I know why is that needed? like for example how would one gain experience if one cant get there without experience? why is it really needed can it tell u if the person is good to work with? doesn't that tell u more about the photographer than the model? because the model just does as its told?

Wow, I sense a little attitude.  First of all, try trading with a good photographer to get some good shots.  You have to realize you are competing with tons of people who have good shots.  I hire hundreds of models.  I pick ones that catch my eye from there images.  If I am paying a model, I want someone with experience.  If a port looks like yours, it is obvious you have none.  I can find a hundred people in a second with ports better than yours that will work with me on trade.  Look at your competition and you should be able to answer your own questions.

You don't even have a good head shot.  I don't even know what you look like!

Aug 19 12 09:07 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Duchesne, Utah, US

Sarah Vitel wrote:
Hello,

i'd love to hear your critique!

thanks

xoxo, Sarah

As near as I can tell you have a decent look.  But I would like to see better and crisper shots.  Including a good head shot and full body shot that shows your figure before I would hire you.  I want to see that your experienced.  Otherwise, I would be looking at shooting for trade rather than pay.

Aug 19 12 09:08 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Duchesne, Utah, US

Hannah Richmond wrote:
go for it smile x

You have some wild stuff.  I can see you would be fun to work with.  But I have no interest in the piercings.  And I don't want to have to photoshop them or the holes.  There are too many good people to work with without them.

Aug 19 12 09:09 pm Link

Model

LizzyB

Rochester, New York, US

Ok

i asked but got cold feet lol

Aug 19 12 09:11 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Duchesne, Utah, US

Lizzy Borden wrote:

i asked but got cold feet lol

No need to be shy!  You look great.  You have a nice variety that shows me your creativity.  And I love the hair.  So yes, I would hire you!

Aug 19 12 09:16 pm Link

Model

LizzyB

Rochester, New York, US

No need to be shy!  You look great.  You have a nice variety that shows me your creativity.  And I love the hair.  So yes, I would hire you!

oh...wow. i wasn't expecting that answer. thank you!

Aug 19 12 09:19 pm Link

Model

Aiyanna Sol Lay

San Diego, California, US

Im in smile

Aug 19 12 09:36 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Duchesne, Utah, US

Ayianna wrote:
Im in smile

I'm sorry, but I just don't see anything that jumps out at me making me want to pay you.  Your port is mostly black and white, and most of them are almost the same.  I don't see creativity at all.  Possible a TF  but no pay.

Aug 19 12 09:40 pm Link

Model

Aiyanna Sol Lay

San Diego, California, US

I'm sorry, but I just don't see anything that jumps out at me making me want to pay you.  Your port is mostly black and white, and most of them are almost the same.  I don't see creativity at all.  Possible a TF  but no pay.

Thank you smile

Aug 19 12 09:45 pm Link

Model

Matias

New York, New York, US

Wow, I sense a little attitude.  First of all, try trading with a good photographer to get some good shots.  You have to realize you are competing with tons of people who have good shots.  I hire hundreds of models.  I pick ones that catch my eye from there images.  If I am paying a model, I want someone with experience.  If a port looks like yours, it is obvious you have none.  I can find a hundred people in a second with ports better than yours that will work with me on trade.  Look at your competition and you should be able to answer your own questions.

You don't even have a good head shot.  I don't even know what you look like!

thanks now I kinda get an idea but thats mostly for working with ppl u never met lol but would u ever hire someone u know in real life who doesnt have a portfolio? sorry for all the questions Im new at this

Aug 20 12 12:29 pm Link

Model

MickCetera

Chicago, Illinois, US

What about me? I've been building my portfolio so I havn't really tried hard to get paying jobs yet, but I'd love to know what to expect please! Or what I need to work on more before I go down that road.

Aug 20 12 02:29 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

acewolf wrote:

thanks now I kinda get an idea but thats mostly for working with ppl u never met lol but would u ever hire someone u know in real life who doesnt have a portfolio? sorry for all the questions Im new at this

May I butt in?  I am an old guy.  I am not stupid, but I am not really interested in learning a new language to talk to you.  You are not limited to 140 characters here.  If you know English, use it.  Not r or u.  This is a business.  Be professional.  I will tolerate spelling errors, others won't.  But spelling errors still say you are too lazy to proof read what you wrote.  Capitalize.  Use grammar.  If I get a resume with those short cuts in it, it would hit the trash as fast as gravity allows.

Aug 20 12 04:51 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Duchesne, Utah, US

acewolf wrote:

Yes, I do it all the time.

Aug 20 12 05:24 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Duchesne, Utah, US

MickCetera wrote:
What about me? I've been building my portfolio so I havn't really tried hard to get paying jobs yet, but I'd love to know what to expect please! Or what I need to work on more before I go down that road.

Some of your images are really good.  Some look like snapshots.  This is bad right off form me.  When I see that, I move on if I am looking to hire.  For trade, it may be ok.  Next, I see no emotion in your expressions.  Or should I say expression, because they are all the same.  You could really use some variety to show a little personality.  So at this time, I would not hire you.  People at your level are willing to trade.  you must step ahead of them for me to hire you.

Aug 20 12 05:27 pm Link

Model

Matias

New York, New York, US

thanks for your patience XD

Aug 21 12 01:28 am Link

Model

Rei L

Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China

I want to know!! Thanks

Aug 21 12 11:48 am Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Duchesne, Utah, US

Yin L wrote:
I want to know!! Thanks

Absolutely!  You have a great look.  Great shape.  Great expressions.  i would hire you in a second.

Aug 21 12 01:06 pm Link

Model

Elena Antonia Pappas

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa

Haven't done this in ages..

Aug 21 12 01:11 pm Link

Model

The Grace Gabbana

Santa Rosa, California, US

Yes, please.

G

Aug 21 12 01:14 pm Link

Model

Luna Diosa

Elizabeth, New Jersey, US

Our styles are very different.  However, I like your look.  I am concerned though if I could get you to smile.  But I would hire your.  I would use you for a more serious side.  Some wet fitness shots, or maybe even business and go for a frustrated look.

Lol you know what is funny I usually smile in every other shot not associated with modeling the times I attempted it something was always off so I never used the shots lmao here is a shot of me smiling just for you

https://fbcdn-photos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/527615_10150921706079385_106737116_n.jpg

Aug 21 12 01:36 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Duchesne, Utah, US

Elena Antonia Pappas wrote:
Haven't done this in ages..

With your look and figure who could say no?  I just wish you lived in Utah!

Aug 21 12 05:51 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Duchesne, Utah, US

The Grace Gabbana wrote:
Yes, please.

G

My only hesitation would be the somber expressions. Everything else about you is a definite yes. So I will assume that I can get you to show some emotion and I will say yes.

Aug 21 12 05:53 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Duchesne, Utah, US

Cynthia Serrano  wrote:
Lol you know what is funny I usually smile in every other shot not associated with modeling the times I attempted it something was always off so I never used the shots lmao here is a shot of me smiling just for you

https://fbcdn-photos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/527615_10150921706079385_106737116_n.jpg

Now that I like.

Aug 21 12 05:53 pm Link

Model

Kelsie Leigh

London, England, United Kingdom

me please if you're still going

Aug 21 12 05:56 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Duchesne, Utah, US

Kelsie Leigh  wrote:
me please if you're still going

You do well in the type of work you do. I just don't see anything that demonstrates the type of work I do. So for that reason I will say no.

Aug 21 12 05:58 pm Link

Photographer

SugarSharai photography

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Yay or nay?! smile

Aug 22 12 06:16 am Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Duchesne, Utah, US

Sarah Thiessen wrote:
Yay or nay?! smile

Close, but no. You have a nice look. I just don't see anything that jumps out at me screaming for me to want to shoot you.

Aug 22 12 06:59 am Link

Photographer

SugarSharai photography

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Close, but no. You have a nice look. I just don't see anything that jumps out at me screaming for me to want to shoot you.

Thank you! Im getting there smile i am not fully satisfied with my port quite yet, good to know constructive critisisim!

Aug 22 12 07:10 am Link

Model

Emma Wells

San Francisco, California, US

I would appreciate your opinion.  I began this whole thing about 2 weeks ago, so I don't have many images yet.  I realize I need more of a variety and more interesting scenes.  But hope you will take a look anyway.

Thank you!

Aug 24 12 03:56 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Duchesne, Utah, US

Emma Wells wrote:
I would appreciate your opinion.  I began this whole thing about 2 weeks ago, so I don't have many images yet.  I realize I need more of a variety and more interesting scenes.  But hope you will take a look anyway.

Thank you!

I don't care how new or inexperienced you are.  I love your eyes and your smile!  That is enough to make me want to shoot you.  Your smile is filled with emotion and draws me in.  you have a great look, and I can see your personality in your shots.  Come my way anytime and I will hire you!

Aug 24 12 09:58 pm Link

Model

Emma Wells

San Francisco, California, US

Thank you!  It means alot!  I joined MM to find out how the heck I start modeling or even if I should!

Aug 24 12 10:13 pm Link