Forums > Critique > Fun and Games > Why I Would, or would not hire you!

Model

Yoshimi Robot Battle

Posts: 35

Sunderland, England, United Kingdom

I'm always looking for feedback smile

Sep 13 12 02:35 pm Link

Model

Eleanor Rose

Posts: 2287

Santa Rosa, California, US

Sure!

Sep 13 12 04:45 pm Link

Model

Rhoma Lavenza

Posts: 97

Horseheads, New York, US

Poulsons Photography wrote:
This is for models only. Are you wondering why, or why not you are booking jobs. I will tell you why I would hire you, or why I wouldn't. But I will be honest and to the point.

I get a fair amount of work, but I'm always interested in others opinions!! If you wish, check me out!

Sep 13 12 04:54 pm Link

Photographer

Rebecca Christine

Posts: 7068

Chester, England, United Kingdom

Moderator Note!
Moving to fun & games.

Sep 13 12 06:34 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Posts: 4451

Duchesne, Utah, US

Yoshimi Robot Battle wrote:
I'm always looking for feedback smile

You don't appear to have much experience. 3 images from one shoot and one from another is all I see. Nothing pops out at me. I would suggest getting some TFP shoots and try to build a port first.

Sep 13 12 09:02 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Posts: 4451

Duchesne, Utah, US

Eleanor R wrote:
Sure!

You have a nice look. A nice figure. So if I shot the type of work you do en probably. But I don't, so I would not hire you. Sorry.

Sep 13 12 09:05 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Posts: 4451

Duchesne, Utah, US

R H O M A wrote:

I get a fair amount of work, but I'm always interested in others opinions!! If you wish, check me out!

Yes, I would hire you. I love your look, your figure, your expressiveness. And your versitality.

Sep 13 12 09:06 pm Link

Model

Toya Parker

Posts: 2

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Poulsons Photography wrote:
This is for models only. Are you wondering why, or why not you are booking jobs. I will tell you why I would hire you, or why I wouldn't. But I will be honest and to the point.

Hey! Just wanting an opinion of someone who does not know me personally..
Thanks smile

Sep 13 12 09:11 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Posts: 4451

Duchesne, Utah, US

Toya Parker wrote:

Hey! Just wanting an opinion of someone who does not know me personally..
Thanks smile

Your an almost. I love your look. Great body. Nice variety. What I don't see is any variety of expression. I would want your personality to show. So if you showed me images that showed this, then yes I would hire you.

Sep 13 12 09:21 pm Link

Model

Goose220

Posts: 8

Calumet City, Illinois, US

Me?

Sep 14 12 09:29 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Posts: 4451

Duchesne, Utah, US

Goose220 wrote:
Me?

For sure. You are perfectly toned. You would be great for fitness work.

Sep 15 12 07:00 am Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Posts: 4451

Duchesne, Utah, US

Goose220 wrote:
Me?

Come my way anytime!

Sep 19 12 06:09 am Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Posts: 4451

Duchesne, Utah, US

Based on this photo, I think it would have to be a yes!
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/100423/18/4bd24889bff89_m.jpg

Sep 23 12 07:55 pm Link

Model

Alixx Rose

Posts: 225

Atlanta, Georgia, US

i know alot of my pictures are outside, but i've got some port builder stuff coming up. is there anything in my port you'd have me get rid of to make room for new?

also- would you hire me? besides the tattoos of course, i already know your opinion on those

Sep 23 12 08:01 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Posts: 4451

Duchesne, Utah, US

Alixx Rose wrote:
i know alot of my pictures are outside, but i've got some port builder stuff coming up. is there anything in my port you'd have me get rid of to make room for new?

also- would you hire me? besides the tattoos of course, i already know your opinion on those

You just don't have any great photos.  I think you look fun, and I would try a tfp shoot with you, but I don't see you being ready for pay.  I would try to get some trade shoots in and get some images that really show your look and shape.  Then we could see.

Sep 23 12 08:08 pm Link

Model

MissEllie

Posts: 37

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

I'm up for it

Sep 23 12 08:20 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Posts: 4451

Duchesne, Utah, US

MissEllie wrote:
I'm up for it

I would not. Mostly, you just have a complete different style than me and it doesn't interest me.

Sep 23 12 08:31 pm Link

Model

MissEllie

Posts: 37

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Poulsons Photography wrote:

I would not. Mostly, you just have a complete different style than me and it doesn't interest me.

Thank you for your comment ^^

Sep 23 12 08:32 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Posts: 4451

Duchesne, Utah, US

MissEllie wrote:

Thank you for your comment ^^

Welcome

Sep 27 12 06:57 pm Link

Model

Amelia Rouge

Posts: 114

Anaheim, California, US

What about me?

Oct 08 12 03:54 pm Link

Model

Beth Chambers

Posts: 465

London, England, United Kingdom

Me please? smile

Oct 08 12 04:59 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Posts: 4451

Duchesne, Utah, US

Little Rouge wrote:
What about me?

i definitely would hire you. I would spend a lot of time focussing on your face. Beautiful.  Would make a great professional look for commercial.

Oct 08 12 05:43 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Posts: 4451

Duchesne, Utah, US

Beth Chambers wrote:
Me please? smile

absolutely!  I would love to hire you. You have a great look.  You would be great for fitness and health type shots.

Oct 08 12 05:44 pm Link

Model

B E A R

Posts: 474

Riverside, California, US

Dunno if I did this already :p me?

Oct 10 12 07:59 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Posts: 4451

Duchesne, Utah, US

Bear wrote:
Dunno if I did this already :p me?

You have a nice look, and a nice figure.  But all your expressions look about the same to me.  So for this reason I would not hire you.  I would not be sure you could give me the expressions and playfulness I would want.

Oct 11 12 05:33 pm Link

Model

E_V_A

Posts: 1722

Redondo Beach, California, US

me?

Oct 12 12 07:41 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Posts: 4451

Duchesne, Utah, US

Eva Hilovski wrote:
me?

Your smile made me smile!  The second I saw your avatar I knew you were a yes.  I can feel your personality in your images. Great look and a great shape!  Anytime!

Oct 12 12 07:47 pm Link

Model

Ruby Astell

Posts: 26

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Ah, I love the feedback you've been giving everyone!  I'd much appreciate your opinion on my portfolio/profile as well.

Oct 13 12 10:43 pm Link

Model

samlouise

Posts: 30

Newport, Wales, United Kingdom

Hi all im new to mm , so just making everyone aware yes I am here alos !
I am also on purpleport and purestorm
http://www.purestorm.com/profile.aspx?id=missblond
http://purpleport.com/portfolio/samjess … r=samjessi
If your interested in working together send me a messege ,
I have been modelling for 3 years now , trying to find some new people out there to work with !

So ?

Oct 14 12 07:13 am Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Posts: 4451

Duchesne, Utah, US

Ruby Astell wrote:
Ah, I love the feedback you've been giving everyone!  I'd much appreciate your opinion on my portfolio/profile as well.

i have to say that the first thing I notice is the tattoo. Because of this I would not shoot you. I do mainly fitness, and the arm would show. Sorry.

Oct 14 12 02:00 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Posts: 4451

Duchesne, Utah, US

samlouise wrote:
Hi all im new to mm , so just making everyone aware yes I am here alos !
I am also on purpleport and purestorm
http://www.purestorm.com/profile.aspx?id=missblond
http://purpleport.com/portfolio/samjess … r=samjessi
If your interested in working together send me a messege ,
I have been modelling for 3 years now , trying to find some new people out there to work with !

So ?

i would need to see something in your port that net rested me. And I do not. Sorry.

Oct 14 12 02:01 pm Link

Model

Ruby Astell

Posts: 26

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Poulsons Photography wrote:

i have to say that the first thing I notice is the tattoo. Because of this I would not shoot you. I do mainly fitness, and the arm would show. Sorry.

Ooh, do you think it's possible I may be doing myself a disservice by having that in my avatar?  I never really thought of that much since it's so easy to cover the tattoo and it's something I frequently do.

Oct 15 12 05:10 am Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Posts: 4451

Duchesne, Utah, US

Ruby Astell wrote:

Ooh, do you think it's possible I may be doing myself a disservice by having that in my avatar?  I never really thought of that much since it's so easy to cover the tattoo and it's something I frequently do.

maybe, I can't speak for others. But for myself, I would never go past your avatar when I see that.

Oct 15 12 07:02 am Link

Model

Genevieve Devine

Posts: 48

Saint Paul, Minnesota, US

You'll probably say no but I'd love to hear your opinion!! smile

xoxo

Oct 15 12 12:48 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Posts: 4451

Duchesne, Utah, US

Genevieve Gleich wrote:
You'll probably say no but I'd love to hear your opinion!! smile

xoxo

not at this point. You need to expand your port. What I see is sadness, and that is not what I am looking for.

Oct 15 12 07:45 pm Link

Model

Maruschke

Posts: 543

Darfield, Canterbury, New Zealand

Me please :-D

Oct 15 12 08:15 pm Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Posts: 4451

Duchesne, Utah, US

Maruschke wrote:
Me please :-D

Not at this time.  You have a nice look.  Just don't see anything in your port that pushes me over the top.

Oct 15 12 08:57 pm Link

Model

samlouise

Posts: 30

Newport, Wales, United Kingdom

Net rested ? I dont understand what you mean by this ?

Oct 16 12 09:05 am Link

Photographer

Poulsons Photography

Posts: 4451

Duchesne, Utah, US

samlouise wrote:
Net rested ? I dont understand what you mean by this ?

Sorry, that was suppose to say interested.  I didn't see anything that interested me.  First of all, there is no shot that shows your face up close.   So I don't have a good idea of what you look like.  And what I can see you look a little mad.  By looks of your port, you only shoot one thing, and that is not something I need or do.  So, that is why I say nothing interests me from your port.  Nothing jumps out at me saying, "I need to work with this person".  So sorry, hope that is more clear.

Oct 16 12 01:25 pm Link

Model

Jes K

Posts: 15

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

I'm interested, I know I'm just starting off so I don't have much to look at. but any advice would be nice

Oct 20 12 10:16 am Link