login info join!
Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > Men throwing tree trunks... Search   Reply
Model
Solacium
Posts: 9,640
Charleston, South Carolina, US


So, a group of workers and I went to the Tucson celtic Festival and Highland Games today.

Watching men in kilts throw a 19.5 foot/137 lb tree trunk up in the air is way epic.

Basically the whole afternoon I was like 'I wanna learn how to caber toss!!!' and 'I want to learn how to play the bagpipes!' and 'I want to teach my dog to do agility courses!' (there was a border collie agility demonstration).

I think I also wanted to wear a man's formal kilt ensemble (with the jacket and accessories) and basically become scottish for the day.

The point of posting about it?

If you ever have the chance- seriously go watch men in kilts throw tree trunks. It's awesome.
Nov 03 12 05:35 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Solacium
Posts: 9,640
Charleston, South Carolina, US


Annnd this thread needs a picture

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa410/Sol6588/346DBE12-381D-402D-B2F6-D9F55A1602BB-5915-000006FA9C2CD8C6.jpg
Nov 03 12 05:39 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Wicked Photos
Posts: 7,581
New York, New York, US


that is indeed badass..

everytime i see something about the scottish people, i think of robin williams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcnFbCCgTo4
Nov 03 12 07:59 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Light Writer
Posts: 18,387
Oakland, California, US


.|
....|
.... /
.... --
....   \
....     _
Nov 03 12 08:45 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Caradoc
Posts: 19,662
Scottsdale, Arizona, US


Solacium wrote:
Annnd this thread needs a picture

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/173/404958815_d70c683e7a_z.jpg

wink

That was six years ago on Halloween, at St. Margaret's Chapel, Edinburgh Castle.

Nov 05 12 11:29 am  Link  Quote 
Artist/Painter
Two Pears Studio
Posts: 3,376
Wilmington, Delaware, US


I worked the scottish games in Devon and I saw a guy shit himself from exertion...

I had the sounds of bagpipes in my ears for days... and visions of projectile turds for years!
Nov 05 12 11:33 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Amadea T
Posts: 3,526
Columbus, Ohio, US


I know, my ex-hub and I got married (well him, really) in full kilt-kit. His own tartan and all. Well impressive (and waaaay sexy!!!).

Of course the most-asked question that day was 'do they really not wear anything underneath?'.. I made my gran blush, when I went over to my new husband and pulled up his skirt on the side of his leg (you couldn't see the goods, but you knew there wasn't anything holding the stuff in place other than the sporran).

borat
Nov 05 12 11:44 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Solacium
Posts: 9,640
Charleston, South Carolina, US


Eurocat wrote:
I know, my ex-hub and I got married (well him, really) in full kilt-kit. His own tartan and all. Well impressive (and waaaay sexy!!!).

Of course the most-asked question that day was 'do they really not wear anything underneath?'.. I made my gran blush, when I went over to my new husband and pulled up his skirt on the side of his leg (you couldn't see the goods, but you knew there wasn't anything holding the stuff in place other than the sporran).

borat

yikes

....

We wondered that too because the athletes were wearing shorts under the kilts. We were all like waaait, I swore they didn't... but...was I wrong?

Nov 05 12 02:23 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Solacium
Posts: 9,640
Charleston, South Carolina, US


Two Pears Studio wrote:
I worked the scottish games in Devon and I saw a guy shit himself from exertion...

I had the sounds of bagpipes in my ears for days... and visions of projectile turds for years!

So very pleased that did not happen here...

Nov 05 12 02:23 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Caradoc
Posts: 19,662
Scottsdale, Arizona, US


Solacium wrote:
We wondered that too because the athletes were wearing shorts under the kilts. We were all like waaait, I swore they didn't... but...was I wrong?

Many of them have something similar to boxer shorts in the same tartan to cover their jockstrap. Makes it a bit more difficult to spot.

Also, you'll notice that many of them move the sporran to one side or remove it entirely while tossing the caber, the hammer, or the stone, and sometimes while dancing especially if they have anything in it. Otherwise it bounces and can be a bit painful.

Nov 05 12 04:08 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Solacium
Posts: 9,640
Charleston, South Carolina, US


Caradoc wrote:

Many of them have something similar to boxer shorts in the same tartan to cover their jockstrap. Makes it a bit more difficult to spot.

Also, you'll notice that many of them move the sporran to one side or remove it entirely while tossing the caber, the hammer, or the stone, and sometimes while dancing especially if they have anything in it. Otherwise it bounces and can be a bit painful.

Ah, thank for the info!

And nice pic up there!

Nov 05 12 04:10 pm  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply