login info join!
Forums > Critique > Fun and Games > Your best square crop images Search   Reply
Photographer
intense_puppy
Posts: 864
Brighton, England, United Kingdom


Hey everyone - I'm going to be doing a shoot on Polaroids soon and wanted some inspiration on how best to use the square format.

So, please post your best square cropped images (digital / polaroids / cave art / whatever)
Dec 02 12 04:04 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
ForeverFotos
Posts: 6,620
Indianapolis, Indiana, US


Not exactly square, but very, very close.

18+

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/11 … 340653.jpg

18+
Dec 02 12 04:13 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
JIOPIX
Posts: 1,182
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


intense puppy wrote:
Hey everyone - I'm going to be doing a shoot on Polaroids soon and wanted some inspiration on how best to use the square format.

So, please post your best square cropped images (digital / polaroids / cave art / whatever)

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121024/02/5087bac70bea4.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121021/05/5083e40a56456.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120708/03/4ff95c371519e.jpg

Also, have several 18+ in my port, if interested.

Dec 02 12 04:24 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Woven Thought
Posts: 329
Petersburg, Virginia, US


I don't know that square is very different.  I've found a lot of photos go well with it.  If you're doing full body, certainly a squished up pose will be needed OR one going off into the distance.  I am a fan of the square.
Dec 02 12 04:29 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Stephanie Newman
Posts: 69
Toms River, New Jersey, US


I think this is mine, do you ?   
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30587514
Dec 02 12 04:39 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
intense_puppy
Posts: 864
Brighton, England, United Kingdom


Woven Thought wrote:
I don't know that square is very different.  I've found a lot of photos go well with it.  If you're doing full body, certainly a squished up pose will be needed OR one going off into the distance.  I am a fan of the square.

I agree to an extent that square is similar to the standard 1:1.5 (ish) crop, but I'm after photos that draw attention to the squareness of the image.

Dec 02 12 04:40 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
intense_puppy
Posts: 864
Brighton, England, United Kingdom


JIOPIX wrote:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121024/02/5087bac70bea4.jpg

Nice.
Was that shot on the Impossible silver shade film?

Dec 02 12 04:42 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
intense_puppy
Posts: 864
Brighton, England, United Kingdom


ForeverFotos wrote:
Not exactly square, but very, very close.

18+

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/11 … 340653.jpg

18+

I love the diagonal on this.

Keep 'em coming smile

Dec 02 12 04:43 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
JIOPIX
Posts: 1,182
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


intense puppy wrote:
Nice.
Was that shot on the Impossible silver shade film?

No.  It's a faux polaroid.   Digital on my Canon 7D.  Polaroid effect in post.

Dec 02 12 04:45 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
intense_puppy
Posts: 864
Brighton, England, United Kingdom


JIOPIX wrote:

No.  It's a faux polaroid.   Digital on my Canon 7D.  Polaroid effect in post.

Fair enough - it does look a bit too sharp to be a polaroid anyway wink

Dec 02 12 04:50 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DAN CRUIKSHANK
Posts: 1,786
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada


check out Brooke Shaden, all her work is square

http://brookeshaden.com/
Dec 02 12 04:52 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
imcFOTO
Posts: 579
Bothell, Washington, US


Some poses just lend themselves to the square crop ....

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120526/02/4fc09be96e5bc_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120614/01/4fd99c8512799_m.jpg
Dec 02 12 04:57 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
BYNW
Posts: 437
Oak Harbor, Washington, US


Dec 05 12 05:02 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
R Michael Walker
Posts: 11,982
Costa Mesa, California, US


Dec 05 12 05:10 pm  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers