login info join!
Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Travel plans overseas Search   Reply
first123last
Model
DivaEroticus
Posts: 14,679
Fayetteville, Arkansas, US


*edit* TOP O' THE PAGE!

Gryph wrote:
But I fear the schnitzels will already be... Nevermind.

I might make exception to visit this mysterious place you call Arkansas.

My schnitzel brings all the boys to the yard. wink tongue

lol

Jan 11 13 11:39 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Cosplay Creatives
Posts: 10,714
Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica


DivaEroticus wrote:
My schnitzel brings all the boys to the yard. wink tongue

I hear those are battery operated.
You still haven't answered my previous question.

It's TOP O' Gryphs' PAGE MA

Jan 11 13 11:39 am  Link  Quote 
Model
DivaEroticus
Posts: 14,679
Fayetteville, Arkansas, US


Gryph wrote:

I hear those are battery operated.
You still haven't answered my previous question.

Oh, I might be able to work you in as a houseboy.  big_smile

And bacon...well, this IS the home of the Razorbacks.  LOL

Jan 11 13 11:42 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Cosplay Creatives
Posts: 10,714
Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica


I hear Ireland is a nice place to visit.
Jan 11 13 11:43 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Lightcraft Studio
Posts: 12,219
Delray Beach, Florida, US


Gryph wrote:
I hear Ireland is a nice place to visit.

Much nicer in the summer when it's not cold and raining.

Jan 11 13 12:42 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Cosplay Creatives
Posts: 10,714
Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica


Lightcraft Studio wrote:
Much nicer in the summer when it's not cold and raining.

I hear it rains a lot in Scotland which is why I was thinking of Ireland being nicer.  I am definitely not a fan of cold weather, so maybe I think summer travel is probably the way to go for me.

Jan 11 13 12:44 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
DivaEroticus
Posts: 14,679
Fayetteville, Arkansas, US


Gryph wrote:

I hear it rains a lot in Scotland which is why I was thinking of Ireland being nicer.  I am definitely not a fan of cold weather, so maybe I think summer travel is probably the way to go for me.

I've always wanted to take a trip to Ireland, England, and France and horseback ride through them.

Jan 11 13 12:47 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Cosplay Creatives
Posts: 10,714
Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica


DivaEroticus wrote:
I've always wanted to take a trip to Ireland, England, and France and horseback ride through them.

Fine, get your own passport and I'll meet you halfway.  Just don't forget the bacon and the beer.

We'll even share the same horse big_smile

Jan 11 13 12:50 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Jerry Nemeth
Posts: 27,844
Dearborn, Michigan, US


I'm thinking of cruising down the Danube from Budapest to Germany.
Jan 11 13 01:07 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Cosplay Creatives
Posts: 10,714
Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica


Jerry Nemeth wrote:
I'm thinking of cruising down the Danube from Budapest to Germany.

Is this Danube blue by any chance?

Jan 11 13 01:08 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
DivaEroticus
Posts: 14,679
Fayetteville, Arkansas, US


Jerry Nemeth wrote:
I'm thinking of cruising down the Danube from Budapest to Germany.

Ugh.  That's a stunning trip.  Do it.

Jan 11 13 01:09 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
DivaEroticus
Posts: 14,679
Fayetteville, Arkansas, US


Gryph wrote:

Fine, get your own passport and I'll meet you halfway.  Just don't forget the bacon and the beer.

We'll even share the same horse big_smile

Not unless you give your hair for the merkin biz.  neutral

Jan 11 13 01:09 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Cosplay Creatives
Posts: 10,714
Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica


DivaEroticus wrote:

Not unless you give your hair for the merkin biz.  neutral

You can pluck as many as you want while riding on the same horse with me. wink

Jan 11 13 01:10 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
DivaEroticus
Posts: 14,679
Fayetteville, Arkansas, US


Gryph wrote:

You can pluck as many as you want while riding on the same horse with me. wink

Bitch, I'm bringing the razor.  mad

Jan 11 13 01:12 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Cosplay Creatives
Posts: 10,714
Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica


DivaEroticus wrote:
Bitch, I'm bringing the razor.  mad

yikes

Yes dear.

Jan 11 13 01:13 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
DivaEroticus
Posts: 14,679
Fayetteville, Arkansas, US


Gryph wrote:

yikes

Yes dear.

That's better. neutral

Now...where were we?

Jan 11 13 01:14 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Cosplay Creatives
Posts: 10,714
Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica


DivaEroticus wrote:
That's better. neutral

Now...where were we?

Something about shaving my jungle in Costa Rica.

Jan 11 13 01:14 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
DivaEroticus
Posts: 14,679
Fayetteville, Arkansas, US


Gryph wrote:

Something about shaving my jungle in Costa Rica.

lol tongue

Jan 11 13 01:22 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Cosplay Creatives
Posts: 10,714
Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica


I'm thinking China wouldn't be too bad to visit.  I'd imagine the country would be somewhat cheap to travel around.
Jan 11 13 01:29 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Jerry Nemeth
Posts: 27,844
Dearborn, Michigan, US


Gryph wrote:

Is this Danube blue by any chance?

I'll tell you after the cruise.

Jan 11 13 01:32 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Cosplay Creatives
Posts: 10,714
Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica


Jerry Nemeth wrote:
I'll tell you after the cruise.

Booooo!

EVIL!

Jan 11 13 01:34 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Compass Rose Studios
Posts: 15,979
Portland, Oregon, US


Visited Quintana Roo in Southern Mexico this last August. 

Very, very affordable and amazing trip overall.
Jan 11 13 01:36 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Cosplay Creatives
Posts: 10,714
Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica


Compass Rose Studios wrote:
Visited Quintana Roo in Southern Mexico this last August. 

Very, very affordable and amazing trip overall.

I'm not sure I could make it there and back in 3 days by car lol

It'd be a waste of a ticket to go there for a week.

Jan 11 13 01:38 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
AndyD10
Posts: 345
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland


Gryph wrote:
I hear Ireland is a nice place to visit.

Lightcraft Studio wrote:
Much nicer in the summer when it's not cold and raining.

Cold and raining IS the summer in Ireland big_smile

But otherwise I think it's nice.

Jan 11 13 01:39 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Jerry Nemeth
Posts: 27,844
Dearborn, Michigan, US


We went to Acapulco and had a great time.
Jan 11 13 01:39 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Cosplay Creatives
Posts: 10,714
Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica


AndyD10 wrote:

Cold and raining IS the summer in Ireland big_smile

But otherwise I think it's nice.

Damn it all!

Jan 11 13 01:39 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Cosplay Creatives
Posts: 10,714
Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica


No other suggestions of places to visit in Europe, or things to do in said suggestion?
Jan 11 13 03:52 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
scrymettet
Posts: 32,196
Quebec, Quebec, Canada


Erin Holmes wrote:
Japan from personal experience. India is on my wishlist.

funny, I have it the other way round

Jan 11 13 06:33 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
scrymettet
Posts: 32,196
Quebec, Quebec, Canada


Gryph wrote:
No other suggestions of places to visit in Europe, or things to do in said suggestion?

when do you plan to go ?

Jan 11 13 06:34 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Cosplay Creatives
Posts: 10,714
Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica


scrymettet wrote:

when do you plan to go ?

No idea yet, still waiting to cut down the debt first, or maybe wait until I get it paid off this year.  But either way, just looking for ideas.

Jan 11 13 06:42 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
scrymettet
Posts: 32,196
Quebec, Quebec, Canada


Gryph wrote:

No idea yet, still waiting to cut down the debt first, or maybe wait until I get it paid off this year.  But either way, just looking for ideas.

Climatology is your friend so is geography.
Western Europe is awfully North, Meaning short days in Autumn and Winter.
New York is about the latitude of Madrid.

July and August are the busiest vacation months in Europe
that's mean empty capitals (Paris without Parisians) but the most expensive flights and crowded beaches

trains go everywhere so are cheap airlines.

Shenghen countries will check your passport only once.

My advice is read a lot of guides, pick what you want to see and go for it
but don't overdo it. You can go to Paris,Amsterdam,Berlin,Milan in one week. But why ?

Jan 11 13 06:52 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Cosplay Creatives
Posts: 10,714
Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica


scrymettet wrote:

Climatology is your friend so is geography.
Western Europe is awfully North, Meaning short days in Autumn and Winter.
New York is about the latitude of Madrid.

July and August are the busiest vacation months in Europe
that's mean empty capitals (Paris without Parisians) but the most expensive flights and crowded beaches

trains go everywhere so are cheap airlines.

Shenghen countries will check your passport only once.

My advice is read a lot of guides, pick what you want to see and go for it
but don't overdo it. You can go to Paris,Amsterdam,Berlin,Milan in one week. But why ?

I just want to GTFO this country for once in my life.  I've got my whole life ahead of me to go do what I want and go where I want to go.  Why waste my life sitting around here in the states forever.  Going offtopic, my passport serves more than one purpose for me.  But my plan of use as stated is to travel abroad and get out.

Granted, I plan to return to my homeland once I've learned my once native language and stay there.

Jan 11 13 06:57 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
scrymettet
Posts: 32,196
Quebec, Quebec, Canada


Gryph wrote:

I just want to GTFO this country for once in my life.  I've got my whole life ahead of me to go do what I want and go where I want to go.  Why waste my life sitting around here in the states forever.  Going offtopic, my passport serves more than one purpose for me.  But my plan of use as stated is to travel abroad and get out.

Granted, I plan to return to my homeland once I've learned my once native language and stay there.

well I have been in around 35 countries on 5 continents.
Moved cross Atlantic at the ripe age of 35.
Always planning to visit somewhere else.
what was your native language if one may ask ?

Jan 11 13 07:01 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Cosplay Creatives
Posts: 10,714
Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica


scrymettet wrote:
well I have been in around 35 countries on 5 continents.
Moved cross Atlantic at the ripe age of 35.
Always planning to visit somewhere else.
what was your native language if one may ask ?

Korean.

Jan 11 13 07:06 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Cy_n
Posts: 295
Saarbrücken, Saarland, Germany


scrymettet wrote:

Climatology is your friend so is geography.
Western Europe is awfully North, Meaning short days in Autumn and Winter.
New York is about the latitude of Madrid.

July and August are the busiest vacation months in Europe
that's mean empty capitals (Paris without Parisians) but the most expensive flights and crowded beaches

trains go everywhere so are cheap airlines.

Shenghen countries will check your passport only once.

My advice is read a lot of guides, pick what you want to see and go for it
but don't overdo it. You can go to Paris,Amsterdam,Berlin,Milan in one week. But why ?

How is Antarctica ? Are you having fun with the penguins ?smile

Jan 12 13 02:15 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Dragos Codita
Posts: 83
Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania


I was not disapoinetd by any country i visited, ever.
Still, not every place in that country is nice. E.g.: i've encountered annoying black people in Paris when i wanted to see parisians (the white ones) and so on, but this did not make France dissapointing: in the french provinces there were lots of attraction, white french people, building, culture, etc.
I visited Europe, Asia, South America and none of them looked alike. All different, but you have to know to see the beauty in the whole thing.
Jan 12 13 04:35 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
scrymettet
Posts: 32,196
Quebec, Quebec, Canada


Cy_n wrote:

How is Antarctica ? Are you having fun with the penguins ?smile

I cheated.
I only went as far as South Africa for the penguins.
Wine is better

Jan 12 13 07:17 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
scrymettet
Posts: 32,196
Quebec, Quebec, Canada


Gryph wrote:

Korean.

I wanna go there.

Jan 12 13 07:18 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Cosplay Creatives
Posts: 10,714
Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica


scrymettet wrote:

I wanna go there.

I'm still figuring out what the status is on my official citizenship.  Rules are different for adoptees vs those (foreign born) that get married to someone here in terms of a dual citizenship.  Since I have not applied for my certificate of citizenship here, I think I'm still considered a Korean citizen; but I am a citizen of the US because of Bushes ruling in 2000 that granted me that.  They just didn't want to give us the cert, and instead want for me to fill out an application and send $600.  Bastards!

Jan 12 13 07:54 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
scrymettet
Posts: 32,196
Quebec, Quebec, Canada


Gryph wrote:

I'm still figuring out what the status is on my official citizenship.  Rules are different for adoptees vs those (foreign born) that get married to someone here in terms of a dual citizenship.  Since I have not applied for my certificate of citizenship here, I think I'm still considered a Korean citizen; but I am a citizen of the US because of Bushes ruling in 2000 that granted me that.  They just didn't want to give us the cert, and instead want for me to fill out an application and send $600.  Bastards!

governments need our money to waste it.

but get the two passport if you can.
Expensive but handy

Jan 12 13 07:57 am  Link  Quote 
first123last   Search   Reply