Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Travel plans overseas

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

Syowa - permanent station of Japan, Sector claimed by Norway, Antarctica

So now that I've finally been approved for my passport(8 months, $300 later, and much induced stress and frustration) and have received both my card and booklet, I need to find some countries to go visit this year.

Help me out.

Jan 10 13 09:03 pm Link

Photographer

Justin

Fort Collins, Colorado, US

New Zealand is jaw-droppingly beautiful. Particularly the south island.

Or just look for the best deals. I've never traveled anyplace abroad that I've regretted. Pack the right attitude, and you can't go wrong.

Jan 10 13 09:31 pm Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

Justin wrote:

Or just look for the best deals. I've never traveled anyplace abroad that I've regretted. Pack the right attitude, and you can't go wrong.

I like this one, but I think that may end up outside my budget, though it's gonna be expensive no matter how I look at it.  I think maybe a trip to somewhere in Europe to start.

Jan 10 13 09:33 pm Link

Photographer

Vector 38

Austin, Texas, US

what areas are attractive to you?

and why'd a passport take so long?

Jan 10 13 09:34 pm Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

Vector 38 wrote:
what areas are attractive to you?

and why'd a passport take so long?

Anything really outside the US.  Except conflict zones.

Why it took so long?  lol

The Gov't wanted all the documents to prove my residence and citizenship and all my adoption paperwork, along with my Foreign passport that was issued at time of adoptions, and many other things.  Then they wanted my original birth cert.  Sorry, my country does not issue birth certs, just family registries. wink

On top of that, I opted for the 4-6 week processing.

Jan 10 13 09:37 pm Link

Photographer

Vintagevista

Sun City, California, US

Justin wrote:

Flying to New Zealand by Lewis Black
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8VoIP9ZM8U

Jan 10 13 09:38 pm Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

Vintagevista wrote:

Flying to New Zealand by Lewis Black
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8VoIP9ZM8U

Lulz

Jan 10 13 09:39 pm Link

Photographer

Vintagevista

Sun City, California, US

Honestly - I really enjoyed England - the Cotwolds - The Yorkshire hills - Thirsk - Brighton.

As soon as I got away from the standard tourist crap - it was charming.  Long hikes on a wonderful network of public footpaths.  GREAT photo ops.

Jan 10 13 09:57 pm Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

Vintagevista wrote:
Honestly - I really enjoyed England - the Cotwolds - The Yorkshire hills - Thirsk - Brighton.

As soon as I got away from the standard tourist crap - it was charming.  Long hikes on a wonderful network of public footpaths.  GREAT photo ops.

I thought about this.  I do have a few friends that live out there.  Though no plans for picture taking.  Just bring my small PS camera.  Who knows just what the TSA will steal from me.

Jan 10 13 09:58 pm Link

Model

Erin Holmes

Albuquerque, New Mexico, US

Japan from personal experience. India is on my wishlist.

Jan 10 13 11:09 pm Link

Photographer

Lightcraft Studio

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Gryph wrote:

I like this one, but I think that may end up outside my budget, though it's gonna be expensive no matter how I look at it.  I think maybe a trip to somewhere in Europe to start.

Are you interested in seeing nature, or things like famous museums/architecture?
Are you interested in history, and if so, any particular era?
What time of year do you want to travel, and for how long?

Jan 10 13 11:33 pm Link

Photographer

Ralph Easy

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Justin wrote:
New Zealand is jaw-droppingly beautiful.

It IS Middle Earth!

Explore exotic Minas Tirith but don't go to Mordor.

https://dan.hersam.com/uploads/mordor.gif

Jan 11 13 01:44 am Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

theres a couple islands that you could check out:
Lilliput and Blefuscu

Jan 11 13 02:08 am Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

Lightcraft Studio wrote:

Are you interested in seeing nature, or things like famous museums/architecture?
Are you interested in history, and if so, any particular era?
What time of year do you want to travel, and for how long?

It's not about what I want to see, other than to get away from the states wink  Granted, I'm a fan of history and what not, but I'd like to also try the different foods, meet different people, and be able to have some fun.

Anytime of the year is fine with me.

Jan 11 13 08:34 am Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

Erin Holmes wrote:
Japan from personal experience. India is on my wishlist.

I''d very much like to go to Japan, but it's not something I wish to do right away as I'd like to be able to spend 2 weeks over there.

Jan 11 13 08:35 am Link

Model

Nicole Nu

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Canada!

tongue

Jan 11 13 08:38 am Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

NicoleNudes wrote:
Canada!

tongue

lol

Jan 11 13 08:39 am Link

Model

JessieLeigh

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Holland is a great place to visit. Beautiful, lots of culture to experience, many of the residents speak English so no worries about communication...

Jan 11 13 08:47 am Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

JessieLeigh wrote:
Holland is a great place to visit. Beautiful, lots of culture to experience, many of the residents speak English so no worries about communication...

Sweet!

Jan 11 13 08:52 am Link

Photographer

Kev Lawson

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Australia... its the hot time of the year, so really cute ladies may tend to be wearing less....

speaking of which, isn't there this really cute model from there, I think her name is Mary...

wink

Jan 11 13 08:58 am Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

UltimateAppeal wrote:
Australia... its the hot time of the year, so really cute ladies may tend to be wearing less....

speaking of which, isn't there this really cute model from there, I think her name is Mary...

wink

I think she mentioned having this serious heat wave right now....

Jan 11 13 09:02 am Link

Photographer

Connor Photography

Newark, Delaware, US

Gryph wrote:
So now that I've finally been approved for my passport(8 months, $300 later, and much induced stress and frustration) and have received both my card and booklet, I need to find some countries to go visit this year.

Help me out.

Are you a criminal?  Why was it such a big deal to get a passport in US?  It is not like you need to go the school, study and pass a test. 

AM I missing something?

Jan 11 13 09:16 am Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

Connor Photography wrote:
Are you a criminal?  Why was it such a big deal to get a passport in US?  It is not like you need to go the school, study and pass a test. 

AM I missing something?

Apparently you aren't foreign born, nor know anything about the documents required to give when being an adopted person.

If I was a criminal, countries wouldn't let me in.  And outside of that, it's no ones business.

All I asked for was ideas of places to visit. wink

Jan 11 13 09:17 am Link

Photographer

tenrocK photo

New York, New York, US

Gryph wrote:

It's not about what I want to see, other than to get away from the states wink  Granted, I'm a fan of history and what not, but I'd like to also try the different foods, meet different people, and be able to have some fun.

Anytime of the year is fine with me.

Old western Europe will give you that diversity within reasonable traveling distance. Istambul gives you a mix of Europe and Asia all in one city.

Jan 11 13 09:17 am Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

tenrocK photo wrote:

Old western Europe will give you that diversity within reasonable traveling distance. Istambul gives you a mix of Europe and Asia all in one city.

Like.

Diversity is nice.

Jan 11 13 09:18 am Link

Photographer

Peter Claver

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Lots to see in Canada to be sure.  But if you wanna go further:

England is wonderful but expensive (at least in London). I cant recommend the southwest of Spain enough.  I've had friends and family travel through Italy and love it.

The Dominican republic has some great resorts for sitting on a beach.

Costa Rica is beautiful and has incredible wilderness and scuba diving.

The islands of the south pacific (Fiji, Tahiti, The Cook Islands, etc) are basically paradise.

Jan 11 13 09:36 am Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

Peter Claver wrote:
Lots to see in Canada to be sure.  But if you wanna go further:

England is wonderful but expensive (at least in London). I cant recommend the southwest of Spain enough.  I've had friends and family travel through Italy and love it.

The Dominican republic has some great resorts for sitting on a beach.

Costa Rica is beautiful and has incredible wilderness and scuba diving.

The islands of the south pacific (Fiji, Tahiti, The Cook Islands, etc) are basically paradise.

Thanks.  I can imagine that the paradise places are definitely going to be out of my budget.  My boss is from Italy, says it'd be good for me to visit it at least once.

I did some scuba diving once, didn't quite care for it much, but I was a kid then.

Jan 11 13 09:38 am Link

Photographer

Peter Claver

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Gryph wrote:

Thanks.  I can imagine that the paradise places are definitely going to be out of my budget.  My boss is from Italy, says it'd be good for me to visit it at least once.

I did some scuba diving once, didn't quite care for it much, but I was a kid then.

I have no idea what your budget is.. but many places in, eg. South East Asia and the South Pacific are actually quite affordable once you get there.. the trick is the airfare.  I stayed in Thailand for 3 weeks 10 years ago and beyond the airfare I don't think I spent much more than about 7 or 8 hundred dollars the whole time.

Jan 11 13 09:52 am Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

Peter Claver wrote:

I have no idea what your budget is.. but many places in, eg. South East Asia and the South Pacific are actually quite affordable once you get there.. the trick is the airfare.  I stayed in Thailand for 3 weeks 10 years ago and beyond the airfare I don't think I spent much more than about 7 or 8 hundred dollars the whole time.

I think the budget is around 2K for airfare, though I have looked at prices yet as I have yet to travel outside the US.  I think last I looked for Japan was like $1500 for one way ticket.  But I'm open.  My debts are getting paid off this year, so getting my passport now is just another step in the positive direction for me.

Jan 11 13 09:57 am Link

Photographer

Peter Claver

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Gryph wrote:

I think the budget is around 2K for airfare, though I have looked at prices yet as I have yet to travel outside the US.  I think last I looked for Japan was like $1500 for one way ticket.  But I'm open.  My debts are getting paid off this year, so getting my passport now is just another step in the positive direction for me.

Yeah.. 2K for airfare will get you alot of places.  Once there it's all about what style of accomodations and food you want.  If your willing to stay dorm style you can get ridiculously cheap accomodations.  If you want a private room it's more.  If you want a *nice* private room.. even more.

Back when I traveled on a budget I *always* had a copy of the Lonely Planet guide for the place I was going to.  They had really great reviews of all sorts of places to visit and eat and stay across pretty much every price range.

Once you decide on a country you would be well served to get one of their books.

Jan 11 13 10:21 am Link

Photographer

Connor Photography

Newark, Delaware, US

AM I missing something?

Gryph wrote:
Apparently you aren't foreign born, nor know anything about the documents required to give when being an adopted person.

If I was a criminal, countries wouldn't let me in.  And outside of that, it's no ones business.

All I asked for was ideas of places to visit. wink

Hahaha.... you are SO wrong. 
I am an American by "CHOICE", so I do know.  I also hire lot of well educated foreign scholars bring them into U.S. since the locals in the this country have NO vision to go beyond HS or Bachelor degree.  Most are perfectly happy to work in a dead job making 10 to $40 an hours.  We have immigration lawyers work for me, so I do know how to get them into this country, get then a green card and help them to become a high tax paying citizens. 

If you are a citizen, getting a passport is easy.  United States has only ONE class of citizenship.  All are treated equally.  Unlike British, they have many difference classes of citizenship.  They are not equal.     

You made it such big deal getting a passport, That why I asked if something that I had missed.

Jan 11 13 10:31 am Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Syria

Bring your camera, you might have a few photo ops.

Jan 11 13 10:58 am Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Fayetteville, Arkansas, US

I am an American by "CHOICE", so I do know.  I also hire lot of well educated foreign scholars bring them into U.S. since the locals in the this country have NO vision to go beyond HS or Bachelor degree.  Most are perfectly happy to work in a dead job making 10 to $40 an hours.  We have immigration lawyers work for me, so I do know how to get them into this country, get then a green card and help them to become a high tax paying citizens. 

If you are a citizen, getting a passport is easy.  United States has only ONE class of citizenship.  All are treated equally.  Unlike British, they have many difference classes of citizenship.  They are not equal.     

You made it such big deal getting a passport, That why I asked if something that I had missed.

This post is so full of lulz.  Astonishingly full.

Jan 11 13 11:01 am Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

I am adopted.  And as I said before, this thread isn't about getting the passport.
Had you been reading the responses, you would have known the answer about why it was so difficult.
https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thre … st17909785

Please stay on topic(places to go visit), thanks.

Jan 11 13 11:10 am Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

Peter Claver wrote:
Yeah.. 2K for airfare will get you alot of places.  Once there it's all about what style of accomodations and food you want.  If your willing to stay dorm style you can get ridiculously cheap accomodations.  If you want a private room it's more.  If you want a *nice* private room.. even more.

Back when I traveled on a budget I *always* had a copy of the Lonely Planet guide for the place I was going to.  They had really great reviews of all sorts of places to visit and eat and stay across pretty much every price range.

Once you decide on a country you would be well served to get one of their books.

Thanks!  I don't mind something open similar to I suppose a hostel.  Someone is bound to see me naked anyways, not like a few even on this site haven't already.  lol

I was thinking Frommers, but after watching Eurotrip, I am not so sure anymore.

I think I'll pick up a book on good places to eat for the country I'll visit.  I can't remember who the guide was written by, I think it started with a "Z", but he aired once on the Iron Chef Japanese.

Jan 11 13 11:21 am Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Well, Arkansas FEELS like a foreign country...

tongue

Jan 11 13 11:24 am Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

DivaEroticus wrote:
Well, Arkansas FEELS like a foreign country...

tongue

Is this place made of women that taste like bacon?  And do the women there grope us foreigners and make us feel like little asian house boys?

Jan 11 13 11:25 am Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

I was thinking also Germany.  Maybe some good real authentic German beer and schnitzels.  big_smile

Jan 11 13 11:25 am Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Gryph wrote:
I was thinking also Germany.  Maybe some good real authentic German beer and schnitzels.  big_smile

I'm German...you can get that at my house!

HA!

Jan 11 13 11:34 am Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

DivaEroticus wrote:
I'm German...you can get that at my house!

HA!

But I fear the schnitzels will already be... Nevermind.

I might make exception to visit this mysterious place you call Arkansas.

Jan 11 13 11:36 am Link