login info join!
Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Is there an endocronologist in the house? Search   Reply
Model
Nemi
Posts: 27,411
Jamaica, New York, US


I haaaaaave a question.

(yes, I'm asking a medical question on the internet! You may all tell me how stupid awful and terrible I am now)
Jan 31 13 02:52 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Paolo Diavolo
Posts: 8,507
Martinez, California, US


whats an endochronicologist?
you mean like Snoop or Dre?!?
Jan 31 13 03:29 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Marc Damon
Posts: 6,562
Biloxi, Mississippi, US


Nemi wrote:
I haaaaaave a question.

(yes, I'm asking a medical question on the internet! You may all tell me how stupid awful and terrible I am now)

um... webmd? wikipedia? Good luck!

Jan 31 13 04:16 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Jay2G Photography
Posts: 2,233
Milford, Michigan, US


No but I have been treating my son with type 1 diabetes for the last 10 years. I'd be more than happy to answer if I can.
Jan 31 13 08:41 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Nemi
Posts: 27,411
Jamaica, New York, US


Jay2G Photography wrote:
No but I have been treating my son with type 1 diabetes for the last 10 years. I'd be more than happy to answer if I can.

I'm pretty sure the question I have would be REALLY bad on someone with diabetes, but PM incoming!

Jan 31 13 08:48 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
EdwardKristopher
Posts: 3,375
Tempe, Arizona, US


No, but I stayed at Holiday Inn Express last night!
Jan 31 13 08:53 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Nemi
Posts: 27,411
Jamaica, New York, US


Marc Damon wrote:

um... webmd? wikipedia? Good luck!

Tried everything. There is nada out there, I have searched for months before asking here.

Jan 31 13 08:57 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Sorinphyre
Posts: 1,973
Anchorage, Alaska, US


I'm a Critical Care Medic and a Massage Therapist.  If I don't know the answer I might be able to at least point you in the right direction.
Jan 31 13 09:43 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Nemi
Posts: 27,411
Jamaica, New York, US


Sorinphyre wrote:
I'm a Critical Care Medic and a Massage Therapist.  If I don't know the answer I might be able to at least point you in the right direction.

Sending you a PM!

Jan 31 13 09:46 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
the lonely photographer
Posts: 1,881
Beverly Hills, California, US


I'm thinking you mean ENDOCRINOLOGIST, a specialist in the treatment of hormonal, and glandular malfunctions, such as hyperthyroidism, pituitary imbalance, adrenal glands, other things such as growth hormone hyper/hypo activity.  And so on...
Jan 31 13 10:43 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Nemi
Posts: 27,411
Jamaica, New York, US


the lonely photographer wrote:
I'm thinking you mean ENDOCRINOLOGIST, a specialist in the treatment of hormonal, and glandular malfunctions, such as hyperthyroidism, pituitary imbalance, adrenal glands, other things such as growth hormone hyper/hypo activity.  And so on...

Yes, I made a typo that I cannot change. Thank you for pointing it out.
Are you an ENDOCRINOLOGIST?

Jan 31 13 11:04 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DougBPhoto
Posts: 38,217
Portland, Oregon, US


Nemi wrote:
Are you an ENDOCRINOLOGIST?

No, but I'm a paleontologist, that's what I am, what I am, what I am.


*crosses fingers you get the answers you seek*

Jan 31 13 11:07 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
the lonely photographer
Posts: 1,881
Beverly Hills, California, US


Nemi wrote:

Yes, I made a typo that I cannot change. Thank you for pointing it out.
Are you an ENDOCRINOLOGIST?

no I am not , endocrinology dept are usually found in large university type hospitals.  Like UCLA  or other teaching hospitals.  If you contact a large hospital they can refer you to a specialist in your area, worse comes to worse you may have to schedule a trip for a consultation. Good luck hope you find satisfactory  answers

Jan 31 13 11:46 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Laura UnBound
Posts: 27,320
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


the lonely photographer wrote:

no I am not , endocrinology dept are usually found in large university type hospitals.  Like UCLA  or other teaching hospitals.  If you contact a large hospital they can refer you to a specialist in your area, worse comes to worse you may have to schedule a trip for a consultation. Good luck hope you find satisfactory  answers

lol

Jan 31 13 11:54 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Nemi
Posts: 27,411
Jamaica, New York, US


Laura UnBound wrote:

lol

+1

Feb 01 13 12:13 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DougBPhoto
Posts: 38,217
Portland, Oregon, US


I'm sorry, but I don't think an Endocrinologist is going to be able to cure your Lightroom sad
Feb 01 13 12:14 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Nemi
Posts: 27,411
Jamaica, New York, US


DougBPhoto wrote:
I'm sorry, but I don't think an Endocrinologist is going to be able to cure your Lightroom sad

Amazingly Doug, my life has multiple problems at the same time. Wild. I know.

Feb 01 13 12:17 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DougBPhoto
Posts: 38,217
Portland, Oregon, US


Nemi wrote:

Amazingly Doug, my life has multiple problems at the same time. Wild. I know.

I know sad     

I don't always (or ever) know the right thing to say, but I do pay attention as best I can, and please, don't for a moment think that trying to get even the slightest smile or laugh out of you is any indication that I am making fun of you, or your situation.

Sorry if I made you think or feel otherwise.

Feb 01 13 12:27 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Nemi
Posts: 27,411
Jamaica, New York, US


DougBPhoto wrote:
I know sad     

I don't always (or ever) know the right thing to say, but I do pay attention as best I can, and please, don't for a moment think that trying to get even the slightest smile or laugh out of you is any indication that I am making fun of you, or your situation.

Sorry if I made you think or feel otherwise.

I'm sorry if my humor meter is off.
I have had so many things go wrong in the past few weeks it's unreal.

My main Dr. Retired, I went through two+ weeks of withdrawl when I had no way to refill my med.

We're pretty sure I had a heart attack a few weeks ago.

My Friend died Saturday, I had to cancel a shoot, I'm sure he told all his friends what  flake I was. "phsa what, she ran out of grandmas?"

My best friend informed me yesterday, that she's moving to California at 4am Saturday. SURPRISE LONELINESS!

My computer is attacking files that I just desperately want to finish, get out to the client and make everyone happy, but I'm just a huge pile of exhausted FAIL.

My New Job turned out to be a guy just DESPERATE to get in my pants.

Last but not least, My scrawny ass has been trying to prove to NYS that I am not a body builder for THREE YEARS. This has been the primary reason for denial of a desperately needed medication. I need a test again, for reasons they won't tell me, the first two times at over a grand a pop were not good enough. 

I'm out of money, energy, and general willpower to even get out of bed every day.

I'm just pathetic and trying to calmly tackle one thing at a time while life just shits dumptruck sized piles on my head. It takes it's toll on my funny bone.

Feb 01 13 12:41 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Jerry Nemeth
Posts: 27,646
Dearborn, Michigan, US


I am sorry to hear about your problems.  I wish you good luck in the future!
Feb 01 13 12:45 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Nemi
Posts: 27,411
Jamaica, New York, US


Jerry Nemeth wrote:
I am sorry to hear about your problems.  I wish you good luck in the future!

Thanks smile
I generally try to stay cheery and positive...this week...not so much.

Feb 01 13 12:50 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DougBPhoto
Posts: 38,217
Portland, Oregon, US


Nemi, there is absolutely no reason to say sorry to me.

Some things I was aware of, some things I was not.   I do want things to get better for you soon.   

I am sorry if I made you think otherwise, and I agree, not knowing people's backgrounds on here, it didn't hurt to ask if there's a Dr in the house.  Ya never know.
Feb 01 13 12:56 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Nemi
Posts: 27,411
Jamaica, New York, US


DougBPhoto wrote:
Nemi, there is absolutely no reason to say sorry to me.

Some things I was aware of, some things I was not.   I do want things to get better for you soon.   

I am sorry if I made you think otherwise, and I agree, not knowing people's backgrounds on here, it didn't hurt to ask if there's a Dr in the house.  Ya never know.

It's a very simple question for an endo, but highly guarded so the googles are of no use.

Feb 01 13 01:01 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
In Balance Photography
Posts: 3,370
Boston, Massachusetts, US


Nemi wrote:

It's a very simple question for an endo, but highly guarded so the googles are of no use.

Why highly guarded?

Feb 01 13 03:39 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Marc Damon
Posts: 6,562
Biloxi, Mississippi, US


In Balance Photography wrote:

Why highly guarded?

Probably because if it were available online, there would be no reason to pay someone who actually has a degree.


Nemi... Sorry to hear about all your problems. I hope it gets better soon. Try making a little lemonade with all the fruit you've got hanging around. smile

Feb 01 13 05:30 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
In Balance Photography
Posts: 3,370
Boston, Massachusetts, US


Marc Damon wrote:

Probably because if it were available online, there would be no reason to pay someone who actually has a degree.

Yeah, I'm not buying that. There's tons of medical information online. If the goal of the medical profession was to keep information out of peoples hands, why is so much of it available online?

Feb 01 13 05:33 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Michael Kerrek
Posts: 1,404
Orlando, Florida, US


Nemi wrote:
My main Dr. Retired, I went through two+ weeks of withdrawl when I had no way to refill my med.

Didn't have anyone else in his practice? Wasn't part of a group you could still see? A specialist who didn't refer out his patients before retiring?

How long has it been since you saw this physician?

Feb 01 13 07:11 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Nemi
Posts: 27,411
Jamaica, New York, US


Michael Kerrek wrote:

Didn't have anyone else in his practice? Wasn't part of a group you could still see? A specialist who didn't refer out his patients before retiring?

How long has it been since you saw this physician?

The Dr. who retired was a fancy celebrity Dr. ( several of mine are) she doesn't accept insurance, but made an exception for me, if I went to someone in their practice I'd have to magically come up with thousands of dollars in cash.

I transferred most other meds she had in her name to other people, but the patch needs to be done by a pain specialist, and it's hard to get into one, and ask for a specific hard core narcotic without raising druggie flags. There is this awful stigma that somehow by being proactive and educated within your own health instead of a prescription sheep, that you're automatically an addict.
You have long wait times till you can get into those places in the first place, so I decided to come off the drug because I knew I would run out before I could get help anyway.

Feb 01 13 10:21 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Nemi
Posts: 27,411
Jamaica, New York, US


In Balance Photography wrote:
Why highly guarded?

Because the answer could be used to swing an important test, but I want the answer to make sure I am doing 100% the correct thing.

I've already had to take this very taxing expensive test twice and been told the results are "unsatisfactory" and have to do it a third time. I want to get it perfect.

Feb 01 13 10:22 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Nemi
Posts: 27,411
Jamaica, New York, US


In Balance Photography wrote:
Yeah, I'm not buying that. There's tons of medical information online. If the goal of the medical profession was to keep information out of peoples hands, why is so much of it available online?

If you're not buying it, I'd be happy to PM you the question and mail you a plate of cookies if you can find me a reliable source with a proper answer using the internet.

Deal?

Feb 01 13 10:29 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
ArtisticPhotography
Posts: 7,699
Buffalo, New York, US


Nemi wrote:
If you're not buying it, I'd be happy to PM you the question and mail you a plate of cookies if you can find me a reliable source with a proper answer using the internet.

Deal?

What kind of cookies are we talking about? That might influence my motivation. Are we talking home-made goodies or cheap crap from the grocery store? I might do a little digging for some good cookies!

Feb 01 13 10:40 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Nemi
Posts: 27,411
Jamaica, New York, US


ArtisticPhotography wrote:

What kind of cookies are we talking about? That might influence my motivation. Are we talking home-made goodies or cheap crap from the grocery store? I might do a little digging for some good cookies!

I usually use "cheap crap" as a base and then do sexy sexy things to it.

Feb 01 13 10:48 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
ArtisticPhotography
Posts: 7,699
Buffalo, New York, US


Nemi wrote:

I usually use "cheap crap" as a base and then do sexy sexy things to it.

PM me your email address. I have a cookie recipe for you. Seriously. You'll love it.

Feb 01 13 10:50 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Jim Shibley
Posts: 2,921
Phoenix, Arizona, US


I hope you find what you need. smile

Thanks for the reminder. I need to make an appointment with endocrinologist & follow up with my pain doctor.
Feb 01 13 11:17 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Nemi
Posts: 27,411
Jamaica, New York, US


Jim Shibley wrote:
I hope you find what you need. smile

Thanks for the reminder. I need to make an appointment with endocrinologist & follow up with my pain doctor.

No probemo smile
Good luck!

Feb 01 13 11:27 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Nemi
Posts: 27,411
Jamaica, New York, US


ArtisticPhotography wrote:

PM me your email address. I have a cookie recipe for you. Seriously. You'll love it.

My email is in my bio, but I'll PM anyway, because fuck it, why not!

Feb 01 13 11:28 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
ArtisticPhotography
Posts: 7,699
Buffalo, New York, US


Nemi wrote:

My email is in my bio, but I'll PM anyway, because fuck it, why not!

I found the image online.

This is the kind of cookie I want.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/c66.0.403.403/p403x403/426840_438565352878005_1266540076_n.jpg

Feb 01 13 11:37 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Nemi
Posts: 27,411
Jamaica, New York, US


ArtisticPhotography wrote:

I found the image online.

This is the kind of cookie I want.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/c66.0.403.403/p403x403/426840_438565352878005_1266540076_n.jpg

I've only made penis cookies, I bet I could take a crack at that though!

eh eh crack? get it!?

Feb 01 13 01:34 pm  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply