Forums > Photography Talk > Adding Fonts to Photoshop CS

Photographer

CameraSight

Roselle Park, New Jersey, US

I upgraded to Photoshop CS a few months ago and noticed that my favorite Script font  found in version 7 is not included in the CS version .  I do still have version 7 on my older Windows computer. Can I copy the fonts from version 7 to CS . If so , how and what folder or file name to look at.

Thanks all

Sep 03 05 03:41 pm Link

Photographer

Bill Gunter

Daytona Beach, Florida, US

Look in the folder called Windows on the old computer, you will see the folder called Fonts.
If you are putting it on a MAC I don't know what they call their folders.

Sep 03 05 04:30 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

Bill is right.  Check your font folder.  Photoshop doesn't come with Fonts.  It reads them from the Windows Font folder which is located in your Control Panels.  Go to your older computer and copy the fonts you want to your new system and you'll be fine.

Sep 03 05 04:32 pm Link

Photographer

CameraSight

Bill Gunter wrote:
Look in the folder called Windows on the old computer, you will see the folder called Fonts.
If you are putting it on a MAC I don't know what they call their folders.

Ok,I'm aware of the Windows fonts but I thought Photoshop has its own . I'll check it out. You  are probably right as the CS is on Windows XP and version 7 is on Windows 98 SE.
Thanks

Sep 03 05 04:34 pm Link

Photographer

robotbones

Austin, Texas, US

i have a qestion, i downloaed some fonts, in a zip file.
how do i put these file in my fonts folder?
also, how do i "take a photo" of a web sit into a jpeg?
??????

Sep 03 05 04:38 pm Link

Photographer

CameraSight

robotbones wrote:
i have a qestion, i downloaed some fonts, in a zip file.
how do i put these file in my fonts folder?
also, how do i "take a photo" of a web sit into a jpeg?
??????

I can answer  the first question. You have to use the FREE Winzip program . When you do , unzip into a temporary folder. Create a folder  such as  " downloadfonts   ". The winzip utility will uncompress all the fonts into this folder . Then copy and paste the selected fonts into the fonts folder under Windows . You could find WinZip at  download  dot com or just do a search on google

Sep 03 05 05:38 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

Or even better, WinXP can open ZIP files with not additional download.  Just double click the ZIP file and copy the font files into your font folder.  DONE!

You may need to restart Photoshop.

Sep 03 05 06:33 pm Link

Photographer

BlackStar Photo

Gilbert, Arizona, US

To make a screen shot. 
Open Photoshop.
Create a new document.
Then open your browser and go to the web site.  Hold down the CTRL key and press PrtSc.  Go to Photoshop and do a Ctrl V (paste).
This paste the entire screen image into the new document.
You can then save it anyway you want to.

Sep 03 05 07:24 pm Link

Photographer

CameraSight

DigitalCMH wrote:
Or even better, WinXP can open ZIP files with not additional download.  Just double click the ZIP file and copy the font files into your font folder.  DONE!

You may need to restart Photoshop.

Good point but I believe you meant to say WinZip not WinXP .. or am I'm missing something with Windows XP?

Sep 03 05 07:42 pm Link