Forums > Photography Talk > Olympus E-1 SLR

Photographer

Cardem Enterprises

Chicago, Illinois, US

I'm looking to share experience with Olympus E-1 SLR. Anybody interested?

Tom, OMP#32486

Sep 04 05 03:26 pm Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

Well, I gotta ask.... How did you end up with so many OOF shots and why do #s 6, &, & 8 look so much better than the rest of them?

Paul

Sep 04 05 05:23 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

I have a Nikon D70 and an Olympus E-1.  I got the Nikon D70 for very practical reasons.  I was shooting with an Olympus E-10 and had a lot of Nikon glass from my F100.  It was time for the E-10 to go, I didn't want a D1X because it was end of life.  Same story for the D100 and the D2H was not the right camera for my use.

It is a long story how I also ended up with the E-1.  We'll leave it at that.  So now that we end this whole diatribe, what am I trying to say.

I shoot with both of them.  I like the speed of the D70 over the E-1.  I like the 100 viewfinder of the E-1 better than the D70.  I like the histogram on the D70 over the E-1 but I like the ability to set color balance by Kelvin temperature on the E-1 better.

I like the menus on the D70 better, but I like the sharpness/contrast features of the E-1 more.  And so on and so on and so on.  I will probably buy a new Nikon D200 when it finally comes out before the end of the century (they say it will be officially announced in September).  I will do that because I need more camera than the D70, I don't need a D2X and all my glass is Nikon.

I do have an adapter that will allow me to use my Nikon lenses on the Olympus, but my eyes are too bad to use them as manual focus, which is my only option.

I don't know what you mean you want to share experiences.  I love my E-1 (I also like the D70).

What I like the most about both of them is that they let me take pictures, which is what this is all about.

Alan

Sep 04 05 06:39 pm Link