Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Gas Prices Rising- What are you paying???

Model

Jamie Lea

Nashville, Tennessee, US

$3.35 average- Nashville, TN with predictions for $4.00 in the future

Sep 05 05 07:46 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

Sorry,  I ride a bike,  walk,  and take public transit.   Otherwise the client pays.

Sep 05 05 08:02 am Link

Photographer

Rebecca Peloquin

Los Angeles, California, US

3.50ish in upstate NY...sigh

Sep 05 05 08:07 am Link

Photographer

Zion Imaging

Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, US

Becky Peloquin wrote:
3.50ish in upstate NY...sigh

Becky doesn't tell you the normal price is 5.99 per gallon but usually Vera fills up the tank and they give a huge discount with the tommy gun!
                  tongue

Sep 05 05 11:08 am Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

As of Saturday $3 for reg. I don't know about today....

Sep 05 05 11:56 am Link

Model

Angie_P

Statesville, North Carolina, US

$3.29 for regular unleaded is about the average here..

Sep 05 05 02:26 pm Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

$3.75 for the cheapo gas. Luckily, I haven't needed to fill up since Katrina hit. That'll change though when I make my photo-trip to Montreal this weekend. Blah!

Sep 05 05 02:56 pm Link

Model

dpretty

Ashland, Alabama, US

Wow! So if I can afford the hundred bucks to get the papers on my car, and then the insurance and the gas...is it worth it???

Sep 05 05 03:00 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

DreamPretty� wrote:
Wow! So if I can afford the hundred bucks to get the papers on my car, and then the insurance and the gas...is it worth it???

Just think every time you fill up your car increases in value.

Sep 05 05 04:18 pm Link

Photographer

giovanni gruttola

Middle Island, New York, US

$3.79 for 93 octane out in the Hamptons on Long Island & it's over $4 at some stations heading into NYC tongue

Sep 05 05 04:25 pm Link

Photographer

robotbones

Austin, Texas, US

i can't say because it changes every 30 min.
where i live 2.85, some places are over 3.50, i ask them why today, they say it's like that everywhere, but yet, i haven't seen it

Sep 05 05 04:32 pm Link

Photographer

Bill Sylvester

Fairfield, Ohio, US

Here in the northern Cincinnati suburbs, the price dropped today. Most places were in the $2.89 to $2.99 range, didn't see anything over $3.00.  It was around $3.09 for regular unleaded.

Sep 05 05 04:40 pm Link

Model

dpretty

Ashland, Alabama, US

Mike Cummings wrote:

Just think every time you fill up your car increases in value.

I think my car is decreasing in value as gas prices increase.

Sep 05 05 04:46 pm Link

Photographer

Robb Radford

Margate, Florida, US

OK I traveled today from my parents in Va Beach to my home in Lynchburg and kept a good watch on fuel prices as I went. I had fueled up Friday night for 3.06 (screw the .9 crap) The next day that station was 3.20

So here is my rundown of the gas stupidity from my trip

Average in the Va Beach Norfolk area 3.20

Now on one stretch of road about 10 miles price went from 3.00 at one end to 3.40 at the other end not only that SAME BRAND yeah no price gouging there

Petersburg Va east side 3.30 roughly west side 2.95 guess what SAME BRAND (Shell) Not East bound 460 east of Petersburg much heavier traffic.

Lynchburg 3.20 average roughly veries in between.

Sep 05 05 04:47 pm Link

Photographer

C Hansen Photography

Clarksville, Tennessee, US

Goodyear, AZ off I-10....$3.19
Quartzsite, AZ off I-10....$2.99
Yuma Proving Ground, AZ....locked in at $2.70 for the time being.  We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Hope they can keep it locked in for us.  They'll make a killing on gas out here since we're 25 miles from town and everyone will want to fill up here instead of in town.

Sep 05 05 04:49 pm Link

Photographer

Lesley Brown

Marfa, Texas, US

paid $2.99 for regular yesterday, but today it is already over $3.00 and i am told it will be around $4.00 soon.  my day job is as a housekeeper.  i drive a lot everyday from home to home.  if i raise my prices, most of my clients wouldn't keep me.  i can't take the bus or ride a bike, i have to many supplies to carry and to many locations to go to in one day.  but yet, i can't afford to drive to my jobs.  so it's a no win situation for me.  if the gas prices don't change, i will have to find a new way to make a living.  sad

Sep 05 05 04:57 pm Link

Photographer

megafunk

I saw a couple of $2.95-9/10th regular today. I miss my motorcycle.

Sep 05 05 05:01 pm Link

Photographer

Luther

Arlington, Virginia, US

Gas will be expensive for a while because of the damages to the refineries.  However, IEA will provide crude/gasoline for a total of 60 M barrels for the next 3 months.  So the future market for gas has topped.  Also, EPA relaxed the enviromental standard for the time being allowing more yield from crude to gasoline.

Refineries will also probably delay switching to more heating oil production for a while.  While that helps stablize gasoline, it will put a hurt on the heating bill for those of us living in the northeast and midwest.

There are ways to alievate the pain though.  Had you bought VLO right after Katrina hit, you would have had a wopping 20% profit in a week.  If you have any domestic independent oil and gas stock, you are probably up at least 10%, which should more than offset the higher cost of gasoline, heating oil and natural gas.

Sep 05 05 05:10 pm Link

Photographer

Robb Radford

Margate, Florida, US

Look for prices to drop in the morning about 20 to 30 cents.

Sep 05 05 05:15 pm Link

Photographer

C Hansen Photography

Clarksville, Tennessee, US

Robb Radford wrote:
Look for prices to drop in the morning about 20 to 30 cents.

Know something we don't??

Sep 05 05 05:24 pm Link

Photographer

Krunch

Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania, US

Here in the Jersey Shore area you can get the unknown brands at $3.19 and the name brands for around $3.25.  I hear in North Jersey it is more expensive.

There are some stations here in our area that have a price for a few hours that are under $3 and they run out in a matter of hours with massive lines backed up to the highways.

Sep 05 05 05:29 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

It's floating around 2.95 to 3.10 here... depending upon what part of the SoCal hood you're in... ;(

Sep 05 05 05:31 pm Link

Model

http://www.losangelesgasprices.com/

$3.39 a gallon... costs me $89 to fill up... yes, something I think about when offered TFP in San Diego or Palm Springs or Santa Barbara

Sep 06 05 06:32 pm Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

$2.94 here in San Diego

Sep 06 05 07:52 pm Link

Photographer

Joe Albright

Fort Wayne, Indiana, US

$2.99 Indiana

Sep 06 05 07:57 pm Link

Model

dpretty

Ashland, Alabama, US

Luther wrote:
Also, EPA relaxed the enviromental standard for the time being allowing more yield from crude to gasoline.

Awww how sweet!

There are ways to alievate the pain though.  Had you bought VLO right after Katrina hit, you would have had a wopping 20% profit in a week.  If you have any domestic independent oil and gas stock, you are probably up at least 10%, which should more than offset the higher cost of gasoline, heating oil and natural gas.

Whoop de doo! Let's have a party!

Sep 06 05 08:40 pm Link

Photographer

John Van

Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands

Somewhere above $3. Expensive for the US, but cheap compared to where I hail from.

And, can you believe it, GM is still promoting its H3 as a 'big' truck.

If high gas prices can kill the SUV market, let's keep them high for a while.

Sep 06 05 09:07 pm Link

Model

JvR wrote:
Somewhere above $3. Expensive for the US, but cheap compared to where I hail from.

If high gas prices can kill the SUV market, let's keep them high for a while.

Yes that's true... (overseas being more)

And while I'm not a fan of anyone carpooling solo (yes just one) in an auto that gets 10 mpg, I do feel for the small farmers and ranchers who must use a diesel or dually for their life subsistence...

Sep 06 05 09:32 pm Link

Photographer

MB Photo 13

New York, New York, US

Funny thing I have 4 gas stations around my house and they are around $3.49 Reg unleded but the mobil station on the LIE service road which is a 1/2 mile from me is $3.29  so wtf is up with that? The station owners are just making up prices as they  see fit fjust so they can  make a buck. Its all BS if you ask me.Well Im glad this is not England where it costs almost 6 bucks a gallon

Sep 06 05 09:36 pm Link

Model

Horsie Girl

Santa Rosa, California, US

$2.95 at chevron in santa rosa, ca

Sep 07 05 07:41 pm Link