Photographer

Julian Murray

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

How many of you get regular work off of OMP?

Jan 01 07 03:04 am Link

Photographer

Ray Cornett

Sacramento, California, US

At least two of my best shoots came from there.I always had a free account until this,,,,,,,er as of moments ago last year when I got a paid account. Now I have more of an incentive to get paying work from it,lol.
Have you signed up yet? I recall a post you had asking if it was worth it.

Jan 01 07 03:21 am Link

Photographer

Richard Tallent

Beaumont, Texas, US

I pay for OMP just to read the funny "new model profiles" they send me every day.

Sometimes I send a message inquiring about TFCD. Most (about 80%) never respond.

Not worth throwing more money at--unless there's some secret database of stellar local models just for Choose Your Precious Metal users, which I totally wouldn't put past them.

Jan 01 07 10:05 pm Link

Model

Mayyy

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

been on there for 3 years . got nothing. Boo.

Talked alot to photographer. but nothing

Jan 02 07 12:53 am Link

Photographer

DigitalNoise Photo

Sacramento, California, US

Out of everyone I've contacted on OMP, I've gotten, well, zero.  One person referral'ed me, but when I wrote back, I got nothing.

Definitely was worth the $80 I paid for the year of a silver membership though, i'm sure something good will pan out.

Jan 02 07 03:21 am Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

v rare indeed -  not like here

Jan 02 07 03:32 am Link

Photographer

ManringPhoto

Portland, Maine, US

I travel all over the U.S. on a regular basis and have found it to be very worthwhile, both in finding TFP/CD models with whom to work and in having models contact me for work, for both TFP and paid shoots.

Most all the current models in my port, there and here, have come through having my port there, and having my Travel Notifcations sent out automatically. I also get a lot of  interest, and resulting shoots, from their search function.

Overall, I personally have to say it has paid off. Link to my port there at the top of my port here.

Manring Photo

Jan 02 07 05:53 am Link

Model

Loretta Lightningbolt

DEVILS ELBOW, Missouri, US

I have gotten a few inquiries from there, but noone I would care to work with.

So...not much for me, either.

Jan 02 07 05:56 am Link

Photographer

Knechtschaft Studio

Reynoldsburg, Ohio, US

Regular work? No, none at all. I will say the bulk of the shoots I've done have been through via omp models but I started there before here.

I like the new model notices and the travel notices but what drives me crazy (figuratively) are the models who use the "desire to work with" acknowledgement and when you actually contact them to set something up...nothing but silence. I mean, if you don't really want to work with me...don't say you do by leaving such an acknowledgement.

Julian Murray wrote:
How many of you get regular work off of OMP?

Jan 02 07 09:59 am Link

Photographer

Archer Photography

Elizabethton, Tennessee, US

Nope, zilch here!

Jan 02 07 04:34 pm Link