Forums > General Industry > How to cover a scar?

Model

Amanda Sue Holzen

Los Angeles, California, US

I recently had surgery on my back and have a small scar from this and I was curious what would be the best way to cover this up and make it less noticeable on stage?
Thanks!
-Amanda

May 05 05 07:45 am Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Newport News, Virginia, US

Hmm...

Try clothes.

May 05 05 07:57 am Link

Model

Jin

Martinsburg, West Virginia, US

Don't cover it up.  Who cares if you have a scar or not.  smile

May 05 05 08:19 am Link

Model

Lisette

Kearny, New Jersey, US

Try Derma Blend. It is sold in most department stores. It's made to cover scars and tattoos. It works really well and it's water proof. I use it for my tattoo that I have around my navel.

May 05 05 08:23 am Link

Model

Burden

Madison, Wisconsin, US

I was also going to say Derma Blend.  Also, photoshop is a good way to cover it.  Then, there is also the "wear clothing" option.

May 06 05 01:18 am Link

Model

AshleyDanielle

West Hollywood, California, US

Derma Blend is great. I know Nordstroms has it if you're by that store. Talk to the girl cuz you can get a blend that is right for you.

I know a scar might seem a big thing to you and want to cover it. My mom has skin cancer. She's from the day of baking in baby oil. Anyway she had to have a growth removed from her face and it's been hard on her. I don't see it as much, they did a great job, but she can. She got the derma blend and that really helped boost her confidence.

We all have flaws that make us each unique. You have a small scar, but you're very pretty so I doubt that would be held against you on stage.

May 06 05 02:59 am Link

Model

L3XX

Portland, Oregon, US

I use makeup to cover anything and Everything; and if it still wont help, then I Photoshop it. Never heard of this Derma Blend but it sounds like a good product; I'd take these guys' advice and try it out... good luck!

May 06 05 03:37 am Link

Photographer

Moraxian

Germantown, Maryland, US

I had a shoot with a llama who had a healing scar from a cut from a traffic accident.  I was able to use Paintshop to edit it out of the pictures easily enough. 

If the photographer is strictly digital, ask if he can edit the scar out.  Most of them can.  smile

May 06 05 06:10 am Link