Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Attn: MM Florida party attendees...

Model

CassandraLorien

Brooklyn, New York, US

I had a fantastic time at the party and the cool peoples sushi gathering afterwards. Definately need to do it again sometime.

-cass

Sep 10 05 11:30 pm Link

Photographer

bgcfoto

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

YES! Thanks Doug /Joe for letting us "invade the space"  Much appreciated. Kieth thanks for pulling it together and Im glad you could make it! Everyone else,.it was a pleasure meeting all of,..y'all! 

Ice, Pixel, Cassandra (+eric with a "C") TimD and POSER,.....Good sushi yes?  Had a great dinner with you peeps,..thanks for that!

Brian

Sep 11 05 12:41 am Link

Photographer

i c e c o l d

Fort Myers, Florida, US

I agree....totally cool.

Doug and Joe....a big thanks, it was a pleasure meeting you both...and Keith for putting it all together. Glad to hear your Mom is doing better.

Brian, Cass, Pixel, Tim and Poser....yes sushi was awesome, great to hang and talk with you. We definitly need to do it again soon.

Tom (CGS), great to finally meet the master, thanks for the advise.

and to all of the rest of you I met (way to many to name) I had a great time. Hopefully we will do it again soon.

Andrew

Sep 11 05 01:11 am Link

Photographer

KoolGirlieStuff

Gainesville, Florida, US

Badass!!!!!

Chandra and I had a kickass time.......she really burned up some shots, with some great shooters there!!!

Doug, Keith and Joe this was a KICKASS party and great time for all, thanks for putting this all together!  it was sooo nice to finally meet all the great people who have the DRIVE behind the Model Mayhem fever in Fla.

I really had a great time shooting....special thx to Kelly, (we did it and didn`t get caught by the POLICE too....hell yeah!)  I guess I was the bad boy with sexy topless retro models running in the streets of Ybor.....LOL!!!!)

But really it was great and so much fun, I hope that next time I can share my Retro beauty and fun with even more beautiful gals and enjoy the company of all the KOOL people there, (Andrew it was GREAT talking to you too.....heheheheh ohhh it`s KGS...yeh I`m weird with spelling all the stuff with K`s)

There`s ton`s of people I`ve met and wonderful ladies I`ve shot, thank you for everything, and I`ll have lot`s of NEW fun pics up Sunday...as soon as I get my butt outta bed, it`s gonna be a LATE sleep in tonight (this Morning!) Dammm it`s late, but WE kicked ASS in Florida, let`s see the other states get the Mayhem going like we did smile

Cheers

Tom

PS Audrey, it`s was great meeting ya finally dear, we are gotta kick some ass on the beach real soon.......and don`t forget what a girls best friend is? wink......dammm the bathroom`s got some great light going on here.....

Sep 11 05 03:20 am Link

Photographer

Rik Bowman

Taos, New Mexico, US

Dammit....I am so out of the loop....

Sorry I missed out yesterday.

Hopefully, there will be another event soon?

Rik

*wave* heya Tom...

Sep 11 05 06:11 am Link

Model

MYA

Jacksonville, Florida, US

had an awesome time! very good turn out! i can't wait till we have another one!
everyone was very cool man!thanks doug and keith for throwing this shin-dig together!and i must say the models that showed up were way too hott! lol
thanks to Amanda Craft (MUA MM # 10248)for working her arse off yesterday. you did a kick ass job!and i highly reccomend her for your next shoot!
and i definitally won't miss the sushi fest next time!
:~)

Sep 11 05 06:16 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Wright

Lansing, Michigan, US

I want to thank Keith for suggesting this little shindig. I also want to thank Doug and Joe for hooking us up with the location. What a fantastic place to shoot. And Doug and Joe also want above and beyond the call in helping me with my shoot just before the party with Mya. Thanks also to Mya for what turned into a monster make-up session and shoot. Amanda Craft, you did one kick ass job on Mya's make-up. Four hours of solid make-up work for me then did make-up the rest of the night at the party. What a trooper. I know you and I left there bordering on comatose, but it was worth it. We had an awesome turn out of photographers and models. I know I had a blast. Thank you Audrey, Zebrena, Chandra and Tiffany for let me get a little for work in before I dropped. We definitely need to do thia again.

Sep 11 05 07:42 am Link

Photographer

Jax Professional Photos

Excellent meet-n-greet!

Thank you Doug for sharing your studio with everyone.  It was great meeting you and everyone else.

I hope we can do something like it again in the near future for anyone who wasn't able to make it this time.

Thanks again!!!

Bill

Sep 11 05 07:59 am Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

hey big fun, huh guys?

do you think there was any building in florida that had more lovely young women occupying it, the kama gallery last eve?

so great to meet every one...and next time we have the sushi trucked in...

...so what are ya's all doing tomorrow?

Sep 11 05 10:10 am Link

Photographer

Tim Downin

Salem, Oregon, US

I will certainly concur with everyone else.  Big thanks goes to Doug for hosting and giving us an excuse to take a day off. Maybe next time we can get enough of us to pitch in and have the sushi catered.

Sep 11 05 02:16 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Downin

Salem, Oregon, US

Oh yeah....next time I'm bringing name tags.

Sep 11 05 02:24 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Hey guys!!  It was a fun nite and a pleasure to meet all you reprebates, er, fine people.. lol  Naw, it was pretty sweet to finally put some faces to the names..

Many thanks to Doug for playing host, to everyone who came out, Amanda for playing MUA, and she is one in real life big_smile, and the lovely ladies who let us dress them up and shoot them... Look forward to Mayhem Florida #2!!  Perhaps Mayhem on the beach???  smile

And before I forget, many thanks to all of you asked about my mom and all the well wishes you sent in the forums and PM's.. That meant so much to me and truly appreciate your thoughts and kindness..

And Doug, you asked what we're all doing tomorrow??  I'm guessing your house for sushi!!!  big_smile

And don't forget to visit the Audrey thread for continuing insanity and sillyness... The only rule, you can't start a topic 'cause we're all about nothing!!!  lol  We're open 24 hours, 7 days a week!! Hmmm, but make sure to check our holiday hours....  smile

Opps, just noticed this was my 1500 post and by rule, the Audrey thread, I am required to say something profound... Hmmm...

"Should you choose to walk a mile in another's shoes, make certain to change the Oder Eaters..."

Sep 11 05 02:39 pm Link

Photographer

Photochick1968

Tampa, Florida, US

Praise Dougey the King of Directions!!!! (Even tho he didn't let me leave untill I took some pics).
It was a great get together I think. I know I enjoyed myself last night. Met alot of very nice people who was willing to pass on some of their knowledge to me.
Looking forward to the next one.

Sep 11 05 02:43 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

ThePoser

Holiday, Florida, US

Oh where to start? Thanks Doug and Keith for makin it happen! Thanks Andrewa nd Brian for the Guiness!! Thanks to the ladies who provided a wonderful veiw! I had a great time, for not getting out much, this was definitly the most fun I have had in a while and look forward to doing it again!

Cass, Eric, Brian, Andrew, and Lauren, It was a blast to go out afterwards!

I hope to meet up again soon!!

Kaire

Sep 11 05 03:45 pm Link

Photographer

Joe Tomasone

Spring Hill, Florida, US

It was great meeting everyone last night.  Allow me to throw in my kudos to "Amazing Amanda" who worked her tail off and did an awesome job.   Although I am a hurtin' puppy today (a whole *three* hours of sleep before it was off to the airport), I'd gladly do it again.

Maybe we should organize KamaShootout 2005?

- Joe (Who really would have appreciated the aforementioned nametags last night - after a while, the odds that a given model is named "Amy" runs out)

Sep 11 05 03:49 pm Link

Photographer

KoolGirlieStuff

Gainesville, Florida, US

Joe Tomasone wrote:
It was great meeting everyone last night.  Allow me to throw in my kudos to "Amazing Amanda" who worked her tail off and did an awesome job.   Although I am a hurtin' puppy today (a whole *three* hours of sleep before it was off to the airport), I'd gladly do it again.

- Joe (Who really would have appreciated the aforementioned nametags last night - after a while, the odds that a given model is named "Amy" runs out)

Have a SAFE trip Joe, it was nice meeting you!

KamaShootout 2005.......hahahaha I just see that now, I`ll be running around Ybor doing half naked outdoor Bettie Page or Marilyn lingerie shoots, and the place will be swarming with cops.....well, KNOCK ON WOOD I`ve NEVER been in any trouble, it`s all for the sake of art and the love of retro, and thanks to Amy, yesterday I had a lookout LOL!

Tom

PS. Reminds me of the ED WOOD movie......ohh look there`s the cops!......"do you have a permit to shoot?" NO....."OK...run run!"

Sep 11 05 03:55 pm Link

Photographer

i c e c o l d

Fort Myers, Florida, US

KoolGirlieStuff wrote:
(Andrew it was GREAT talking to you too.....heheheheh ohhh it`s KGS...yeh I`m weird with spelling all the stuff with K`s)

Sorry Tom, I forgot about the "K", I'm just not as "kool" as you yet....but I'm working on it.

Again, thanks for all the tips and it was a pleasure watching you work!! Keep up the great work.

Sep 11 05 07:07 pm Link

Model

flnative

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/abeck75/Funnies/candle-flame-1-AJHD.jpg

Sorry for being a flamer............

I seriously had all intentions of coming. I was actually in town...went to the Golf Expo at the Fairgrounds...and was getting ready to head to the studio when "in-law drama" hit me head-on....what a nightmare....needless to say...I flamed out!

Next time....I really wanted to meet everyone in person!  sad

Glad to hear ya'll had a blast....I wanna see more pics posted!

Ames smile

Sep 11 05 07:12 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Downin

Salem, Oregon, US

Icecold Images wrote:
Again, thanks for all the tips and it was a pleasure watching you work!! Keep up the great work.

I'll second that, watching Tom run around all day was quite entertaining.  8}

Sep 11 05 07:19 pm Link

Photographer

KoolGirlieStuff

Gainesville, Florida, US

Tim Downin wrote:

I'll second that, watching Tom run around all day was quite entertaining.  8}

Yeh, I was running around like crazy.......I guess thats the life of a PINUP photographer smile Yeh next time I`m gonna start eariler and take more time to be with people and mingle smile

Sep 11 05 07:50 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Wright

Lansing, Michigan, US

Joe Tomasone wrote:

The stuff you shot with Chandra last night was frickin awesome. Again, thanks for the help during Mya's shoot.

Sep 11 05 08:11 pm Link

Photographer

i c e c o l d

Fort Myers, Florida, US

Tim Downin wrote:
Oh yeah....next time I'm bringing name tags.

I agree....thats why I wore my "logo" shirt.

Sep 11 05 09:08 pm Link

Photographer

i c e c o l d

Fort Myers, Florida, US

Christopher Wright wrote:

The stuff you shot with Chandra last night was frickin awesome. Again, thanks for the help during Mya's shoot.

I agree....truely awesome work Joe....and thanks for blinding me...twice for that matter!

Sep 11 05 10:24 pm Link

Photographer

KoolGirlieStuff

Gainesville, Florida, US

Just posted samples of the first group of photos of the models I worked with Saturday.......everyone go have a look and let me know what ya`ll think?

Sep 12 05 12:39 am Link

Photographer

Joe Tomasone

Spring Hill, Florida, US

Christopher Wright wrote:

Thanks!   

T'was a pleasure to lend a hand, sir.  Just call me "smoke boy"..  smile

Sep 12 05 02:05 am Link

Photographer

Joe Tomasone

Spring Hill, Florida, US

Icecold Images wrote:
I agree....truely awesome work Joe....and thanks for blinding me...twice for that matter!

Sorry 'bout that!   Well, ok, not really...  But kinda.  smile

(Hey!  He was looking right into the light when my finger ACCIDENTALLY hit the test button on the wireless!  I swear!  Really!  Twice!)

Sep 12 05 02:07 am Link

Photographer

Ian C. Ware

Sarasota, Florida, US

I'm really sorry I couldn't attend. I was so looking forward to being there. I had just gotten back in from NYC (which BTW, I'm already  back up here) and little kid stuff got in the way. I'm glad to hear what a great time everyone had (like I had a doubt). Thought about you all, and lookinng forward to the next one.

Sep 12 05 08:42 pm Link

Model

xAudreyx

Madeira Beach, Florida, US

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:
Hey guys!!  It was a fun nite and a pleasure to meet all you reprebates, er, fine people.. lol  Naw, it was pretty sweet to finally put some faces to the names..

Many thanks to Doug for playing host, to everyone who came out, Amanda for playing MUA, and she is one in real life big_smile, and the lovely ladies who let us dress them up and shoot them... Look forward to Mayhem Florida #2!!  Perhaps Mayhem on the beach???  smile

And before I forget, many thanks to all of you asked about my mom and all the well wishes you sent in the forums and PM's.. That meant so much to me and truly appreciate your thoughts and kindness..

And Doug, you asked what we're all doing tomorrow??  I'm guessing your house for sushi!!!  big_smile

And don't forget to visit the Audrey thread for continuing insanity and sillyness... The only rule, you can't start a topic 'cause we're all about nothing!!!  lol  We're open 24 hours, 7 days a week!! Hmmm, but make sure to check our holiday hours....  smile

Opps, just noticed this was my 1500 post and by rule, the Audrey thread, I am required to say something profound... Hmmm...

"Should you choose to walk a mile in another's shoes, make certain to change the Oder Eaters..."

Beautifully done Wolfie.  And congrats on 1500.

Sep 13 05 02:53 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

~ Audrey ~ wrote:

Beautifully done Wolfie.  And congrats on 1500.

Thank you dear Audrey!!  wink And congrats on getting your Wolfie hugs!!  GRRRRRR!!  AAWOOOOOOO!!!!   lol   Oh what am I sayin', it was good for me, too!!!!  tongue

Sep 13 05 05:35 pm Link

Photographer

i c e c o l d

Fort Myers, Florida, US

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

Thank you dear Audrey!!  wink And congrats on getting your Wolfie hugs!!  GRRRRRR!!  AAWOOOOOOO!!!!   lol   Oh what am I sayin', it was good for me, too!!!!  tongue

down boy...down...back to your corner or its a cold shower for ya!!!

again Keith....thanks for putting together a great shin dig, I had a great time...a little tired near the end but fun never the less.

Sep 13 05 07:10 pm Link

Model

Zab

Ellenton, Florida, US

It was a blast!
Unfortunately I only got to meet the late people that stayed after 9:00 pm, but youse guys were the party animals. I'm definitely looking forward to the next Mayhem party.

It was wonderful AS ALWAYS to see you my Dougie and my Joey! You guys are the bestest (my English teacher would freak if she heard that!). And it was a pleasure working with Chris and Tom, the images are fantastic, I'm already receiving mucho compliments on them. I'd love to work with you guys again!

And Keith - the sheep! I am looking forward to shooting with you soon at Lido! We's gonna rock that there beach dude! I can hardly wait.

Andrew, was a pleasure and beyond, your images are beautiful!

And who can forget the wonderful models that helped model the jeans I brought along - Chandra, Uriana and Tiffany. You girls are beautiful (and down to earth too!).

Oh golly, hope I didn't forget anyone, don't throw the tomatoes if I did! smile

Sep 14 05 03:41 pm Link

Photographer

KoolGirlieStuff

Gainesville, Florida, US

Zabrena wrote:
It was a blast!
Unfortunately I only got to meet the late people that stayed after 9:00 pm, but youse guys were the party animals. I'm definitely looking forward to the next Mayhem party.

It was wonderful AS ALWAYS to see you my Dougie and my Joey! You guys are the bestest (my English teacher would freak if she heard that!). And it was a pleasure working with Chris and Tom, the images are fantastic, I'm already receiving mucho compliments on them. I'd love to work with you guys again!

And Keith - the sheep! I am looking forward to shooting with you soon at Lido! We's gonna rock that there beach dude! I can hardly wait.

Andrew, was a pleasure and beyond, your images are beautiful!

And who can forget the wonderful models that helped model the jeans I brought along - Chandra, Uriana and Tiffany. You girls are beautiful (and down to earth too!).

Oh golly, hope I didn't forget anyone, don't throw the tomatoes if I did! smile

How bout bottles of Heinz catsup?  (inside joke) ......if you knew Suzy like I know Suzy...... big_smile  *Tom sings old song*

Sep 14 05 07:39 pm Link

Model

Zab

Ellenton, Florida, US

*LOL* Yessss - Heinz ketchup!!

I wonder if it's possible to find an old ad of her with the ketchup and we could recreate it ... ?! Whatcha think silly Tom? smile

Sep 14 05 07:46 pm Link

Photographer

Jax Professional Photos

Zabrena.....it was a pleasure seeing you at Doug's. 

I hope we have an opportunity to work together some day.

Bill

Sep 14 05 07:50 pm Link

Model

Zab

Ellenton, Florida, US

Bill! How could I forget Bill?! smile
It was a pleasure meeting you as well, you are a delightful person.
Only sorry we didn't get to talk more in the midst of all that was goin' on!
New images are cute!

Sep 14 05 07:53 pm Link

Photographer

Jax Professional Photos

Zabrena wrote:
Bill! How could I forget Bill?! smile
It was a pleasure meeting you as well, you are a delightful person.
Only sorry we didn't get to talk more in the midst of all that was goin' on!
New images are cute!

Thank you.

The beach avatar, taken last night on Clearwater Beach, is the same girl holding the bear. (damn bear gets all the action ;-)

Sep 14 05 07:59 pm Link

Model

Zab

Ellenton, Florida, US

Hee hee, seems the stuffed animals always do - huh?

Erica is a nice girl, met her briefly on Saturday and spoke with her online about possibly modeling the jeans.

I do like how the sunset almost comes "out" of her (in your avatar) - you couldn't have planned that one more perfectly.

Sep 14 05 08:01 pm Link

Photographer

Jax Professional Photos

Zabrena.....please check your MM email.

Sep 14 05 08:06 pm Link

Photographer

Jax Professional Photos

Zabrena wrote:
Hee hee, seems the stuffed animals always do - huh?

Erica is a nice girl, met her briefly on Saturday and spoke with her online about possibly modeling the jeans.

I do like how the sunset almost comes "out" of her (in your avatar) - you couldn't have planned that one more perfectly.

Erica is a sweetie to work with. very laid back and follows posing directions perfectly when she isn't already doing professional poses on her own.

You'd love working with her.

Sep 14 05 08:08 pm Link