Forums > General Industry > Looking to expand

Photographer

Tyler Richardso

Abilene, Texas, US

Hello everyone. Im a fairly new photographer who's trying to expand his portfolio. I live in Oklahoma where models are few and far between. School is out and I am looking for some models that might be interested in working with me from the surrounding states, say Texas or Kansas something like that. If anyone likes my what I have so far and would be interested please give me a shout. I will drive to shoot in a hearbeat.

Thanks everyone.

Also comments on my photos are welcome smile

May 05 05 04:24 pm Link

Photographer

ANON

San Diego, California, US

Hey Tyler... You mention Texas.  Feel free to sign up to attend any of our free group llama shoots out here.  We hold these every month and have been doing so for this being the third year now.  Each month we have as many as 25 photographers come out and we try to match that in a 5:1 ratio of 5 llamas attending to every 1 photographer.  I guarentee you could not humanly shoot everybody who attends, the shoots are massive.  There is no cost to the llamas or to the photographers.  We also do fun things, such as occassionally give away free gifts or prizes - in October at the shoot we had a drawing and gave away a brand new digital camera.  In June we're doing our annual "Swimwear in the Waterfalls" shoot and we will have a barbeque going along with it.  We're working on some swimsuit companies as sponsors.

The shoots take place in Austin, Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio.  Contact me if you'd like more information or a link to the registration site and the site with past shoots and information.  These are the best way to test with literally hundreds of llamas over a few months time and then schedule one-on-one sessions later with those you like.

May 05 05 04:31 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

[b]Posted By Austin llamas

May 05 05 08:18 pm Link

Photographer

Chapa

Austin, Texas, US

[b]Posted by Austin llamas

May 05 05 08:19 pm Link

Photographer

ANON

Posted by EricMuss-Barnes: 
Please move back to LA immediately. Thank you. That is all.

Eric, hang tight.  We're in the process of expanding this ("franchising," if you will) to other cities and states.  The website is almost ready to be launched and as long as other "organizers" agree to the general rules set forth by the Group Shoot Committee... they'll be approved to conduct these shoots.  Now whereas that sounds like a "who cares if you approve us" thing, it actually does matter.  We'll send in the agency talent looking to be shot from various professional agencies located in the areas where the shoots are taking place.  It's nothing to pull 50 models/talent together on a given day to attend one of these shoots - providing there are enough photographers signed on to handle it, and we've had a few television and film celebrities attend these shoots as well - at least here in Texas.

We'll be launching the website for the shoots in about a week, unfortunately a lot sooner than the launch of our magazine (coming late summer).  The magazine ties into the shoots as the shoots help generate content.  When the magazine comes out, we'll be looking too for photographers and talent (models, actors, etc.) for paid and non-paid assignments.

May 05 05 08:34 pm Link

Photographer

Gary Davis

Please move back to LA immediately. Thank you. That is all.

Holy smokes, no kidding.  I mean, there are plenty of shoots like that out her, but 5:1 llama:photographer is unheard of.  more like 5:1 photographer:model.

May 05 05 08:38 pm Link

Photographer

ANON

Posted by Gary Davis: 

Holy smokes, no kidding.  I mean, there are plenty of shoots like that out her, but 5:1 llama:photographer is unheard of.  more like 5:1 photographer:model.

Hang real tight there, San Diegan...  As San Diego was my first home (18 of my first years of life), and with family all over the city...  Our first "outside Texas" version of this is probably going to take place in La Jolla, Pt. Loma, or possibly up above Old Town at the mission.  That way, I too can attend and visit family also!  :-)

May 05 05 08:56 pm Link

Photographer

Gary Davis

Posted by Austin Models & Talent Agency: 

Hang real tight there, San Diegan...  As San Diego was my first home (18 of my first years of life), and with family all over the city...  Our first "outside Texas" version of this is probably going to take place in La Jolla, Pt. Loma, or possibly up above Old Town at the mission.  That way, I too can attend and visit family also!  :-)

Well, I've kind of outgrown the group thing, I was more marvelling at the ratio.  I'd be real surprised if you could pull that off out here but if you do, I may have to check it out just to see for myself smile  Especially if it's free, why not as long as there aren't too many creepy GWC's.

Anyway, sorry about hijacking the thread!

May 05 05 09:06 pm Link

Photographer

ANON

Posted by Gary Davis: 
Especially if it's free, why not as long as there aren't too many creepy GWC's.

GWC's aren't allowed... That's part of the "rules" that are required to be sanctioned.  It is pretty easy to pull off, though does take a lot of hours of planning... or used to.  We've pretty much automated the process now electronically with online signup and review/approval.  Avoiding the Net llamaing scene is the key ingredient - you'd be surprised how much talent out there avoids the online.  The rest, we'll they're on omp... if you catch my drift, LOL.  (and on a serious note, there's a lot of great talent online too... sorry for just generalizing but the stereotype isn't changing until the Net does).

May 05 05 09:09 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

[b]Posted by Austin llamas

May 05 05 09:36 pm Link

Photographer

ANON

There are so many of those "photographers pay $100 and llamas get paid $100" things. No so appealing. But yours sounds interesting.

Group shoots are opportunities to network, sample, and book talent for other projects and so as not to wind up on here later posting complaints about no-shows.  The talent that come to the shoots are not the same that are on websites and so you're working with a whole different breed that actually show up, are professional, and provide the kind of material you need to work more commercially.  The shoots are not glamour-fests or places to pick up girls, and the selection of photographers who attend is done carefully - since most the talent are generally not the $100 shoot types, but those who normally make far more than that llamaing.  Last night I received an email asking for information about attending and while I'm waiting for a reply back with more specifics to what they mentioned in the email, the author of the email indicated they had heard about the shoots from the Houston Film Commission, Office of the Governor.  We're in the process of soliciting more sponsorship - perhaps some State funds should be a target?  LOL

May 06 05 08:53 am Link