Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Crashed My Motorcycle on the 101 Highway

Photographer

- null -

It is unrideable and I have no other means of transportation.

I don't have any solid shoots scheduled with anyone on this site, but I have a ton of tenative ones. So, just to let you know, I may have a hard time scheduling things for some time until I am back up and running again.

As for me, I am fine. I literally have about 4 dime-sized bits of roadrash on me. Not bad for a guy who crashed a motorcycle in the middle of a Los Angeles highway during rush hour. I'm a big pussy, but my Guardian Angel is one hell of a badass.

Sep 07 05 07:42 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

This certainly is a bad week for driving.. My mom was in an accident with 3 other cars and had to be rushed to a trauma center.. She had to be cut out of the car. Though she is pretty banged up, the only thing she broke was her nose and cracked a couple of vertabrae..

Seems both her and you Eric had the same guardian angel...  Glad she/he was on duty for both of you.. Glad that angel, as you put it, is one hell of a badass...

Hope your roadrash heals quickly...

Keith

Sep 07 05 07:53 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Wright

Lansing, Michigan, US

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:
This certainly is a bad week for driving.. My mom was in an accident with 3 other cars and had to be rushed to a trauma center.. She had to be cut out of the car. Though she is pretty banged up, the only thing she broke was her nose and cracked a couple of vertabrae..

Seems both her and you Eric had the same guardian angel...  Glad she/he was on duty for both of you.. Glad that angel, as you put it, is one hell of a badass...

Hope your roadrash heals quickly...

Keith

Glad to know you are all right Eric as well as your mom Keith.

Sep 07 05 07:56 pm Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

glad you're safe!

Sep 07 05 07:58 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

Yes glad you are safe.   I have a 750 and luckily never crashed it for the 8 years I had it.   hurt myself more moving it.

Sep 07 05 08:14 pm Link

Photographer

The Art of CIP

Long Beach, California, US

Screw the bike...  Glad nothing else got wrecked!!!

Sep 07 05 08:15 pm Link

Model

Jessica Loren

Baltimore, Maryland, US

The Art of CIP wrote:
Screw the bike...  Glad nothing else got wrecked!!!

DITTO!

Sep 07 05 08:30 pm Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:
Crashed My Motorcycle on the 101 Highway

I live off the 101 in Malibu Canyon.  From there all the way in to Hollywood is the worst stretch of road in the nation...and it connects to the 405 which is even worse than the worst.  In fact, the 101 is the most congested freeway in the nation. 

I have two El Caminos in storage if you need a solid road buggy with ample room for gear...priced to sell, too.

Glad you're ok...

Sep 07 05 08:40 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

area291 wrote:
I live off the 101 in Malibu Canyon.  From there all the way in to Hollywood is the worst stretch of road in the nation...and it connects to the 405 which is even worse than the worst.  In fact, the 101 is the most congested freeway in the nation. 

I have two El Caminos in storage if you need a solid road buggy with ample room for gear...priced to sell, too.

Glad you're ok...

Yeah. I was on the 101 headed east towards to 405 to take the 405 south. 20 miles everyday. So, yeah, I know how hairy it gets.

El Caminos, huh? I'll keep it in mind dependin gon what happens.

Thanks to everyone else for wishing me well. I appreciate it.

Now I have to figure out how to be at jury duty at 7:30am with no transportation.

Sep 07 05 09:37 pm Link

Photographer

Lee Lossing

Largo, Florida, US

Dayem Eric. Seeing how I modeled my model release after yours, I would also like to copy your motorcycle injuries when and if I wreck mine if it's OK. The release works great and the injuries sound good too all things considered. Thanks for all the guidance tongue

Hope you get up on two wheels again soon.

Sep 07 05 09:38 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:
4 dime-sized bits of roadrash on me. but my Guardian Angel is one hell of a badass.

Yes I would light candles at mass or something. I went down once years ago....never road again. As to roadrash.....my levis and levi jacket wore away like from a disc sander....and so did my skin. My entire side and ass were one huge scab. Good you came away so unscathed.

Sep 08 05 04:44 am Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

the 101 is the ventura fwy?  seemingly 8 lanes each direction?

Sep 08 05 04:52 am Link

Model

TiffanyB

Clinton, Mississippi, US

I am so glad you are ok. I am sure you will be very sore for some time but I am glad you are here. The bike can be replaced but you cant.
xoxox
TiffanyB

Sep 08 05 07:54 am Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

I laid down my ’99 HD Road king on 101, just south of Santa Barbara last year.

The bike was fine and I was okay, but my D100 never made it.

I had it in my back pack and had just finished a sunset beach shoot when a semi swerved in front of me causing me to nail a pot hole.

EMT's at Sammy's Camera's tried everything, including ECR (expensive camera repairs) and replacement part surgery, but it was no use, he was gone...*sniff, sniff*.

Damm those pot holes, damm them all!

Sep 08 05 08:10 am Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

Cherrystone Studios wrote:
Yes I would light candles at mass or something. I went down once years ago....never road again. As to roadrash.....my levis and levi jacket wore away like from a disc sander....and so did my skin. My entire side and ass were one huge scab. Good you came away so unscathed.

Same thing happened to a friend of mine.  Gave me the cure, you can bet on that.  Eric, glad you came out okay.

Paul

Sep 08 05 09:00 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:

I don't have any solid shoots scheduled with anyone on this site, but I have a ton of tenative ones. So, just to let you know, I may have a hard time scheduling things for some time until I am back up and running again.

As for me, I am fine. I literally have about 4 dime-sized bits of roadrash on me. Not bad for a guy who crashed a motorcycle in the middle of a Los Angeles highway during rush hour. I'm a big pussy, but my Guardian Angel is one hell of a badass.

Eric, pat your Guardian Angel on the back. It could've been worse my man. Could've been worse. Good thing that it wasn't. Invest in a small car. A bit safer, but not as convenient for parking as a bike.

Sep 08 05 09:06 am Link

Photographer

- null -

Cherrystone Studios wrote:
I went down once years ago....never road again. As to roadrash.....my levis and levi jacket wore away like from a disc sander....and so did my skin. My entire side and ass were one huge scab. Good you came away so unscathed.

I wear full-leathers when I ride. A 2-piece armored leather suit and a full-face helmet. I look like a Mighty Morphin Power Ranger. Had I been in jeans and a t-shirt, I may have given a lot more flesh to the pavement.

KM von Seidl wrote:
the 101 is the ventura fwy?  seemingly 8 lanes each direction?

That would be the one. It was on the 101 just a mile or two west of the 170 junction. My boss at work said he thinks he heard it on the radio that morning. "Badass Mighty Morphin Power Ranger gets cut-off in traffic on the 101 and walks away."

C R Photography wrote:
I laid down my ’99 HD Road king on 101, just south of Santa Barbara last year.

Sorry to hear that. Rubber side down, brother.

Again, thanks for all the well-wishing replies. I appreciate them all.

Sep 08 05 07:46 pm Link

Model

Daphne Adair

Melbourne, Arkansas, US

Sorry to hear that Eric...I got a 2005 Harley NightTrain for sale wink 

Take care

Sep 08 05 09:00 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:

Your Guardian Angel called, he siad he would like you to replace the bike with a Volvo.... seems he is tired and would like a vacation.

Glad you are safe.

Sep 09 05 04:27 am Link