Forums > General Industry > How to get int the music video industry?????

Makeup Artist

Natalie Pyatt Turner

Spring Valley, California, US

Ok I'm a makeup artist and I really would like to do makeup for music videos I've done one but it was for a local tv type thing, But how do I get into doing the good stuff like mtv quality? is it all in who you know or what. Any advice would be great. I also know you gotta start from somewere and it's not easy but where do I go from here. Thanks

May 05 05 09:43 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Posted by Natalie Pyatt: 
Ok I'm a makeup artist and I really would like to do makeup for music videos I've done one but it was for a local tv type thing, But how do I get into doing the good stuff like mtv quality? is it all in who you know or what. Any advice would be great. I also know you gotta start from somewere and it's not easy but where do I go from here. Thanks

I wish you were in Oakland. I'm working with a new hip hop artist. you'd like her face. Her name is Kelda on my profile here. We have done many shoots before since she llamas and dances too. She is pretty! She is also a very talented musician! We are going to do stills and video soon!

May 05 05 11:33 pm Link

Photographer

ANON

San Diego, California, US

Posted by Natalie Pyatt: 

Most the music videos we have provided talent for (including, in the past, E.G. Daily and Michael Jackson), the makeup situation is handled by the production company that is contracted to create the video itself.  That would be your best place to start.  You might also get your resume out to not just the production companies, but get listed with some of the production service listings and there are agencies that book MUA's as well.

May 06 05 08:44 am Link

Model

kiana's place

Citrus Heights, California, US

very good advice Jeff
In california we have a great industry tool. Backstreet West. Tons of castings. Legit too. And they have a lot of free training, classes and things too.

It is all getting your photos to legit places and keep sending your stuff out.

May 06 05 09:07 am Link

Model

Ty Test Ignore

South Pasadena, California, US

actually, i think it's backstage west.  I use LA Casting too.  It also helps if you have a good print/commercial agent.

Christina

Posted by CurvaceousModel: 
very good advice Jeff
In california we have a great industry tool. Backstreet West. Tons of castings. Legit too. And they have a lot of free training, classes and things too.

It is all getting your photos to legit places and keep sending your stuff out.

May 06 05 01:31 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Natalie Pyatt Turner

Spring Valley, California, US

wow thanks for all the info more please anything helps. I even tried Stu Segal company too it's so hard to get in there as a makeup artist but I just gotta get my foot in the door ya know.

May 06 05 01:41 pm Link

Photographer

ANON

San Diego, California, US

www.breakdownservices.com
Listings of upcoming productions, castings, etc.
Great researce to target upcoming produtions - music videos are listed too.

May 06 05 02:18 pm Link